Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FighthypeUK: AM to PM - Cotto rejects TMT?, Haye/Povetkin, Peterson/Judah,
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
What's currently on FightHype UK - with links:

WEEKEND IN BOXING: 10,11 & 12 AUGUST– OLYMPICS SEMIFINALS & FINALS; MORA/VERA II; PEREZ/MAMADJONOV; CAZARES/DIAZ; AVALOS/VINCENTE; ESCALANTE/MIRANDA; ESTRADA/VERDUGO
No matter what, there's always boxing on TV over the weekend.
Weekend in Boxing.

AM TO PM: COTTO REJECTS TMT; PETERSON KEEPS IBF BELT; POVETKIN OPEN TO HAYE FIGHT.
Daily update of the latest in boxing news.
AM to PM 10th August

AM TO PM: GOLDEN BOY MAKE A NEW SIGNING; BRADLEY NEXT FOR MANNY; BROOK ADDS NEW MEMBERS TO HIS TEAM.
AM to PM

BILLY DIB: “50 KNOWS MY DREAMS…MY MESSAGE TO ADRIEN BRONER IS BE YOURSELF”
Interview of Billy Dibb, post TMT signing w/ FighthHype UK
Billy Dibb interview

AUDLEY HARRISON SPEAKS ON DAVID PRICE & WORLD TITLE OPPORTUNITY
Video of Audley Harrison
Audley Price speaks on bout and opponent.

DAVID PRICE: SPEAKS ON FURY, FIGHTING IN SOUTH AFRICA, OFFERS FROM PROMOTERS & MORE
Video of David Price.
David Price speaking up.

OLYMPIC BOXING ROUND UP: DAY 10
Boxing Round Up
Cheesey1
The first bout on FNF was good stuff.
Cheesey1
Darley Perez vs. Baha Mamadjonov. 135lbs. Decent division.

Cautious first few moments.

Nicely calculated punches being thrown by both guys. Still cautious.
Cheesey1
I'm fine with scoring rounds a draw. I score that one a draw.

Rd. 2 -The jab is being thrown by both, mostly Perez but not a punishing one. Mamadjonov had some success. Missed the punch that landed.

I had Perez ahead because of the jab, which even though it wasn't punishing, still landed, until that punch landed. Still though, probably score it just for Perez.
Cheesey1
Rd. 3 - Mamadjonov looking spry. If Perez keeps jabbing and following up with combos, I think that he'll be succesful. Madjanov's activity might be earning him some points.

Rd. 4 - Perez size advantage and his superior jab have to start making a difference, as long as he stays active. Not sure why he's throwing looping punches now.
Cshel86
Good stuff Cheesey! I'll check out your article later sir!
Cheesey1
What's up man? FNF's decent. Interesting one right now. I can see how someone could have Mamadjonov and Perez neck and neck. I've got it for Perez though.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:23 PM) *
Good stuff Cheesey! I'll check out your article later sir!

Thanks. Your boy Sergio 'the Latin Snake' Mora is fighting tomorrow.
Cheesey1
Rd. 5 - Mamadjonov is making Perez miss sometimes, but that's only because Perez isn't sticking with his bread and butter - the jab.

Mamadjonov has his moments, but Perez is still bossing it. Perez could possibly get the TKO, but he'll have to start laying the foundation.

Rd. 6 - Mamadjonov's movement is also making it hard for Perez to jab with complete confidence.

Perez patiently following the smaller Mamadjonov around the ring. Perez slowly doing his job. Mamadjonov looks a bit worn down, but he's not out of it. End of 6th.
Cheesey1
Rd. 7 - Perez throwing more power punches. He smells blood (how on earth do the facebook fans have it 4 Mamadjanov to 2 Perez? At best it's 3-3, if not 4-2 to Perez.

Perez should set it up. Bang the body and it'll be a wrap by the 9th round. He's letting Mamadjanov have a chance.
Cshel86
Pretty good 6th round...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:35 PM) *
Pretty good 6th round...

Yup.
Cheesey1
Now that was a pretty uppercut. Mamadjanov sent to the canvas. Gets up pretty quickly, but that hurt.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:37 PM) *
Now that was a pretty uppercut.

Wasn't it???
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:38 PM) *
Wasn't it???

Mamadjanov just landed a big overhand right just after the bell. Perez could've probably ended this in the 8th if he'd gone to the body in the 4th to 6th rounds.
Cheesey1
Rd. 9 - Perez is being bit sloppy and letting Mamadjonov land two nice right hands. The jab would avoid all of this. Credit to Mamadjanov for fighting a smart smaller man's fight.
Both guys landed some quietly solid punches, but Perez' landed the better ones.
Cshel86
Daaaamn!!! That was a wild uppercut! laugh.gif

Sorry, Im still in round 8...gotta fast forward this....
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Daaaamn!!! That was a wild uppercut! laugh.gif

Sorry, Im still in round 8...gotta fast forward this....

Ha! Already killed that bottle?
Cheesey1
Perez waiting for the counter too much, but he still won that round.

I hope that the facebook fans have a fit if they give it to Perez. Perez won it. I could live with a draw, but Perez won it for me.

Solid boxing match between two good pro. boxers. Perez could've been more active. Hopefully he learns. Well done by Mamdjanov.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:45 PM) *
Ha! Already killed that bottle?

Pretty much, lol. This -day cleanse is killin' me though. Lol

What kid of shirt is that Shane has on? Looks like an "old man in the club shirt".
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:53 PM) *
Pretty much, lol. This -day cleanse is killin' me though. Lol

What kid of shirt is that Shane has on? Looks like an "old man in the club shirt".

That's because Shane is the old man in the club. When his hot girlfriend is out of town, he pops out to the club and buys shots for the 22 year olds.
Cshel86
Gotta love Mike Tyson! Regardless...

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:54 PM) *
That's because Shane is the old man in the club. When his hot girlfriend is out of town, he pops out to the club and buys shots for the 22 year olds.

laugh.gif

Much truth to that statement...
Cheesey1
Did JCC Jr. just say that he wants to fight the much, much, much smaller Mayweather next? Ha!!!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Gotta love Mike Tyson! Regardless...

Yeah man. That rape case was b.s.
Cshel86
IM NOW A BIGGER CHAVEZ JR. FAN!!! DUDE IS TALKIN' THAT SHIIIIIT!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 11 2012, 12:00 AM) *
IM NOW A BIGGER CHAVEZ JR. FAN!!! DUDE IS TALKIN' THAT SHIIIIIT!!!

Mayweather vs. Chavez Jr. makes no sense to me.

Canelo beats JCC Jr. all day, every day!!!

Martinez vs. Chavez Jr. is a must see.
Cheesey1
Fox Deportes card is on. I missed who's actually fighting now.

Big right hand by the guy in white trunks. No retreat, no surrender by either guy.
Cheesey1
Estrada vs. Verdugo is in the 4th round and it's very entertaining. Some very nice jabbing by Estrada with body work in the 3rd. Verdugo is still in this one and probably has enough power to do some real damage. Verdugo also threw some nice jabs, but I have Estrada ahead.
Cheesey1
Damn. Rd 4 was crazy and rd. 5 is even crazier. Naasty cut on Estrada's forehead (I might have their names mixed up). I think it was an accidental headbutt.
Cheesey1
Rd. 6, the blood is gushing from that cut.

Verdugo has eaten some nice jabs and straight rights throughout this one. He's also landed his fair share of power punches. Damn, the blood from that cut is beyond gruesome.
Cheesey1
Rd. 8. Blood, guts and glory for real. If Verdugo's the one in the green trunks, he's definitely more flat footed, but his jab has looked solid too. Very heavy. If these guys were in a higher weight division some one would have been KTFO by now. Bombs away and some decent boxing on display.

Great stuff. Estrada never stopped jabbing and going to the body when he could and it paid off. Extremely entertaining!
Cheesey1
Cazares vs. Diaz is not on the same level as the bout before it. Cazares is tiny compared to Diaz and Diaz isn't peppering the smaller guy with the jab. Round 4 and so far Cazares has the edge.

Cazares has been able to get on the inside and taken advantage of his opportunities. Diaz has avoided some of Cazares punches, but Cazares has landed enough to be comfortably ahead.
Cheesey1
The late start for the Manfredo/Vera card is murder!
Cheesey1
Antonio Escalante (27-4-0) v s. Leonilo ‘Veneno’ Miranda (32-4-0). Featherweights, 8 rounds is on now. Manfredo / Vera is after this one.
Cheesey1
What just happened!?! Shock K.O. Escalante lands the right as Miranda was ostensibly coming in for the kill. Miranda had just rocked Escalante and was looking like he might start hurting Esclante and then boom. His left hand was below his waist and he got caught.
Cheesey1
Mora vs. Vera is about to start. Let's see if they can top Estrada/Verdugo.
Cheesey1
I stepped away for a bit, but i was watching it. Nice first two rounds.

Hey CShel, are you able to watch this one?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 12 2012, 12:52 AM) *
Mora vs. Vera is about to start. Let's see if they can top Estrada/Verdugo.

Mora as in, boring Mora???
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 12 2012, 01:08 AM) *
Mora as in, boring Mora???

Hahah. Yes. Did you watch Mora/Vera I. I can't remember it, but apparently it was pretty good. II's pretty enjoyable. He didn't look like this against Mosley.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 12 2012, 01:11 AM) *
Hahah. Yes. Did you watch Mora/Vera I. I can't remember it, but apparently it was pretty good. II's pretty enjoyable. He didn't look like this against Mosley.

Yeah, I believe it was earlier this year on FNF...cant really remember though.
Cheesey1
This one is the opposite of Mora/Mosley. Mora and Vera have probably thrown more punches in the first four rounds than he and Mosley threw in their entire fight.

Vera's pressing the action as he has been the whole night. Mora landed a nice right.

The replay just showed a nice left jab/straight left from Mora.
Cheesey1
Hahah, they just interviewed Ronnie Shields during the fight and he said that Vera wasn't listening to him.
Cheesey1
Another right lands for Mora. Definitely timing Vera and if Vera doesn't start listening to his corner, Mora will keep having success.

Mora's punches definitely look crisper, but Vera's trying to land as much as he can. Looks like Vera's bleeding from the mouth. Mora's accuracy did that.

Not sure about the bleeding, although it sort of looked like blood.
Cheesey1
Vera started the first strongly and he continues to apply the pressure, but Mora's landed the better punches.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 12 2012, 01:23 AM) *
Hahah, they just interviewed Ronnie Shields during the fight and he said that Mora wasn't listening to him. Nice one Latin Snake, nice one.

Seems to be a trend for fighters nowadays...nobody listens until they're put on queer street and a cross-draft passes through the arena and knocks them on their asses. But wait, after that, they'll go out searching for new trainers. Sound familiar?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 12 2012, 01:32 AM) *
Seems to be a trend for fighters nowadays...nobody listens until they're put on queer street and a cross-draft passes through the arena and knocks them on their asses. But wait, after that, they'll go out searching for new trainers. Sound familiar?

Ha! Poor Amir Khan.
What's even funnier is that I've had their names backwards all night. Time to go back and do some editing.
Cheesey1
Mora's definitely been the better boxer tonight and he was very active and successful in the 10th. Vera's still throwing those punches though, even if they look a bit on the weak side now.
Cheesey1
114-114, 118-?,117-111 Bryan Vera. What on earth!! Haha, that was ridiculous. Even Ronnie Shields said that Vera wasn't listening to him. I guess that some judges get confused by activity, even inneffective activity. Mora is very angry and he has every right to be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.