Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez IV?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pacco_diablo
I say boo. There are too many upcoming, young and hungry fighters out there for them to keep fighting each other. I'm more interested in seeing fights that will bridge the gaps between generations. It would be different if fighters fought several times a year like they did in the past but with established professionals only fighting twice a year, I'd personally rather see a different match-up.

If Pacquiao needs to fight Marquez to bring the best out of himself then maybe he should hang up the gloves. I'd rather see a Bradley rematch. Boring or not, there is unfinished business left with Bradley.

I'm not usually one who dogs Arum. I tend to think that sometimes he gets more credit and attention than he deserves. However, it's hard not to look at this as a puppet master move.

To each his own... but to me, no interest.
checkleft
No, just simply no.

I could name a whole lot of reasons why I don't want another one of these but the biggest reason i don't want to see it or like the idea of this fight happening is because its keeping one of the best fights available from happening in morales vs marquez. They are both still in the game very smart and know how to put on a show and they are two of the top Mexican fighters of our generation who have not fought each other. These guys need to get this shit done and give the people a show, you know this would do numbers and put some well deserved cash in their pockets. And what better way to top off two incredible careers than a having two legends squaring off.
BrutUalBK
I'm gonna keep it real for the Pac fans (keep it trill<<for the young folks):

Arum is doing the Duck and Dodge game with Pac again but this time instead of Ducking Floyd he has Manny Ducking Bradley, it's awfully strange how he is so willing to do the Chavez vs Martinez fight that he (Bob, himself) expects to do around 500K PPV buys but doesn't find it profitable or claims the networks aren't interested in the rematch between Pac and Brad that he (Bob, himself) expects to sell between 800-900K PPV buys.

I'd like to go on record and say that Pac vs Brad II would make even more than their first fight based on the ASSumed scoring controversy of their first fight and all of the Pac faithful wanting to see Manny get his revenge. Another strange and repeated Bob Arum trick into the guilding the unsuspecting public is to once again Not Release the PPV Numbers for some of Pac's supposedly biggest bouts, why not give the public those numbers if they're so great and Manny is supposedly so onpar with Floyd concerning PPV numbers???

I just can't understand why Pac's fans doesn't see that Bob Arum is the reason why Pac vs Floyd is going to never happen and why Bob Arum is really afraid of Pac vs Brad II because he knows that in both fights Manny loses convincingly and his Cash Cow is no longer viable.

While I consider myself a huge boxing fan and on the strength of wanting to see a good fight alone that I'd be interested in a Pac vs Marquez IV, still I would not want to see it ahead of a Pac vs Floyd nor a Pac vs Brad II rematch.

It's time for Pacquiao fans to wake up and stop drinking the Bob Arum Kool LIEaid.
Franchize
If Bob really was putting this fight out there for the reasons he said, he should make it a non PPV fight. Same with Bradley. If you feel everyone got cheated, including the fans, make it free on HBO or Showtime. I damn sure aint buying that shit.
aTYpicalTYrant
I have a question...... Has there EVER been a Trilogy or Quadrilogy (I'm not sure that's even a word) in boxing which one fighter hasn't ever won? I have enjoyed the Pac/Marquez fights..... Doesnt Pac have more to lose? But what more can Marquez do? We all know that the ONLY way Marquez wins is via KO........ N that seems very unlikely. Damn shame....
Franchize
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Aug 13 2012, 01:27 PM) *
I have a question...... Has there EVER been a Trilogy or Quadrilogy (I'm not sure that's even a word) in boxing which one fighter hasn't ever won? I have enjoyed the Pac/Marquez fights..... Doesnt Pac have more to lose? But what more can Marquez do? We all know that the ONLY way Marquez wins is via KO........ N that seems very unlikely. Damn shame....

+1. They could fight a million times and the outcome will probably be the same lol. Marquez is the better boxer but doesn't have the punching power to win over the judges and/or get a KO, so unless Pernell Whitaker, Bernard Hopkins or someone else who enjoys pure boxing becomes a judge, they will ultimately end with the same outcome. O yea...and Quadrilogy is a word!
daprofessor
i'm not interested in watching jmm school pac yet again. first fight should have gone to pac by 1 point...even though jmm clearly won more rounds. the knockdowns did him in. in the 2nd and 3rd fights...i had jmm winning clearly. he has pac's number and it's obvious to me that pac and roach cannot make the adjustments to beat him. no need for a rematch. jmm is the better fighter. if i miss this one...it won't be a big deal.

bradley rematch would be the last nail in the coffin....i get it. avoid that at all cost because bradley will beat him more clearly this time. hbo painted that controversial...run with it and avoid the rematch that erases all doubt.

cotto...they won't fight him unless they have an advantage...i.e. crazy catchweight. at 150 or above...cotto beats pac and that would shine a bright light on the advantages of facing dehydrated opposition which would in turn make pac's "legacy" less admirable.

i won't discuss the mayweather option because we know that ain't happening.

other options....

brandon rios is tailor made for pac and would restore the aura of invincibility.

recently signed jessie vargas is a nother guy that can be served up to make pac look good again.

those bouts could prolong the "reign" and make him look amazing again.
leonthegee
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 13 2012, 10:16 AM) *
i'm not interested in watching jmm school pac yet again. first fight should have gone to pac by 1 point...even though jmm clearly won more rounds. the knockdowns did him in. in the 2nd and 3rd fights...i had jmm winning clearly. he has pac's number and it's obvious to me that pac and roach cannot make the adjustments to beat him. no need for a rematch. jmm is the better fighter. if i miss this one...it won't be a big deal.

bradley rematch would be the last nail in the coffin....i get it. avoid that at all cost because bradley will beat him more clearly this time. hbo painted that controversial...run with it and avoid the rematch that erases all doubt.

cotto...they won't fight him unless they have an advantage...i.e. crazy catchweight. at 150 or above...cotto beats pac and that would shine a bright light on the advantages of facing dehydrated opposition which would in turn make pac's "legacy" less admirable.

i won't discuss the mayweather option because we know that ain't happening.

other options....

brandon rios is tailor made for pac and would restore the aura of invincibility.

recently signed jessie vargas is a nother guy that can be served up to make pac look good again.

those bouts could prolong the "reign" and make him look amazing again.

Pac would be murdered by the public and on websites like this if he fought Vargas.
Cshel86
Hell, I wasn't even all that interested in ordering the 3rd fight, but talking to you guys damn near every day, made me buy it. Besides, if the undercard is pretty good for the 4th fight, then Im all in.

Bob could at least do us that much of a favor, and make sure that the undercard doesn't disappoint. Anyhow, I wont complain, at least windbag Arum is giving us Chavez/Martinez and Rios/Alvarado...he has my presidential vote for at least doing that much.

Give me, Arce/Rojas II, Rigondeaux/TBA, Vargas/M. Jones...all on the JMM/Pac IV undercard, then I wouldn't mind gasping for air after seeing my next month's cable bill. One thing's for sure, it's never a tough task to promote a JMM/Pac fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 13 2012, 02:16 PM) *

I agree.

What's even funnier, is that Pac fans are crying about Cotto not wanting to come down to 150, as if it's his fault, and not Manny's. The midget needs to fight Miguel at 154, and HIS ass needs to weigh in at 150, or he could even come in at 148...but dont try to drain another man.

That should tell the story for everybody out there, who blames Cotto. Why wont Manny fight the guy at his regular weight, and come in at 148 or 150? Im no longer buying that horseshit about "Manny is a small guy" from the public. It's been long enough Manny, fight in your division, or keep it movin' buddy. cool.gif
mgrover
after enough coronas i will pay for anything
daprofessor
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 13 2012, 03:43 PM) *
Pac would be murdered by the public and on websites like this if he fought Vargas.

true but the filipino fans would eat it up. they could sell it as the guy who beat josesito lopez... laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 13 2012, 03:58 PM) *
I agree.

What's even funnier, is that Pac fans are crying about Cotto not wanting to come down to 150, as if it's his fault, and not Manny's. The midget needs to fight Miguel at 154, and HIS ass needs to weigh in at 150, or he could even come in at 148...but dont try to drain another man.

That should tell the story for everybody out there, who blames Cotto. Why wont Manny fight the guy at his regular weight, and come in at 148 or 150? Im no longer buying that horseshit about "Manny is a small guy" from the public. It's been long enough Manny, fight in your division, or keep it movin' buddy. cool.gif

amen
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 13 2012, 08:42 PM) *
after enough coronas i will pay for anything

Pretty much...

If Im not at home getting drunk and ordering $70 fights, then Im out in public, eating, drinking, eating again, and buying drinks for others to get drunk. It all evens out at the end of the day...
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 13 2012, 09:19 PM) *
Pretty much...

If Im not at home getting drunk and ordering $70 fights, then Im out in public, eating, drinking, eating again, and buying drinks for others to get drunk. It all evens out at the end of the day...

Word lol. Nobody can ever say Cshel doesn't support the sport. Some of the fights you buy.... Well let's just say the FIRST word that comes to my mind when they're announces rhymes with dream lol

I wouldn't put it past Top Prank for a Manny vs Vargas fight. Bob will play the "he beat Josesito" angle and then have him come out and talk a bunch of shit about Floyd. He'll say shit like Floyd is scared and Floyd was holding him back because he was scared Jessie would steal his shine. N there you have it. Pactards will run with it. There will be a million videos on youtube "proving" it. Skip Bayless will regurgitate it and argue it to the death. Filipinos and Pactards won't care who he fights. And there you have it. Another unwarranted big pay day.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 14 2012, 11:42 AM) *
Word lol. Nobody can ever say Cshel doesn't support the sport. Some of the fights you buy.... Well let's just say the FIRST word that comes to my mind when they're announces rhymes with dream lol

I wouldn't put it past Top Prank for a Manny vs Vargas fight. Bob will play the "he beat Josesito" angle and then have him come out and talk a bunch of shit about Floyd. He'll say shit like Floyd is scared and Floyd was holding him back because he was scared Jessie would steal his shine. N there you have it. Pactards will run with it. There will be a million videos on youtube "proving" it. Skip Bayless will regurgitate it and argue it to the death. Filipinos and Pactards won't care who he fights. And there you have it. Another unwarranted big pay day.

vargas beat the guy that beat victor ortiz fairly...and broke his jaw. that's another selling point. laugh.gif
xxxxxx
No. The only 2 fights Pacman should take at this point are Bradley or Mayweather. It's pretty simple.
mgrover
Personally i think pac should fight me, am currently a lighweight, no pro fights, a short amatuer career, and in need of easy money, so you know i definitley deserve my shot
mrchitown
In the words of Will Smith's great character, Mike Lowry, from the film Bad Boys.... "That's that Bullshit"
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 14 2012, 11:42 AM) *

Hahaha!!! Im still thinking about that trash-ass Rios/Abril and Marquez/Fedchenko card that I ordered. Lol

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 14 2012, 09:29 PM) *
Personally i think pac should fight me, am currently a lighweight, no pro fights, a short amatuer career, and in need of easy money, so you know i definitley deserve my shot

Good one MG! He'll make you drain down to Super Featherweight (130), and he'll hit the scales at about 144 lbs. Oh yeah, you cant gain more than 5 pounds overnight, or you'll be charged $50k per pound. laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 13 2012, 09:06 AM) *
I just can't understand why Pac's fans doesn't see that Bob Arum is the reason why Pac vs Floyd is going to never happen and why Bob Arum is really afraid of Pac vs Brad II because he knows that in both fights Manny loses convincingly and his Cash Cow is no longer viable.

Ever heard of "willful" ignorance (oxymoron, I know)? Those that don't WANT to know, usually don't.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 15 2012, 02:11 PM) *
Hahaha!!! Im still thinking about that trash-ass Rios/Abril and Marquez/Fedchenko card that I ordered. Lol

Good one MG! He'll make you drain down to Super Featherweight (130), and he'll hit the scales at about 144 lbs. Oh yeah, you cant gain more than 5 pounds overnight, or you'll be charged $50k per pound. laugh.gif

ah its fine, i can make 130 pounds fairly easily, am still young, but i want 10oz gloves.
The Original MrFactor
No interest. I would like to see Marquez/Bradley...
sduck
Hell to the fuck nah. Why would I want to see the same fight I already seen 3 times already with the same results.
mgrover
If the impossible happens and pac beats marquez in a clear fashion either a wide UD or a tko since he'll never ko marquez, and fights bradley and beats him, then i might buy him vs mayweather, and you know i mean decent wins, no bullshit on the side
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 15 2012, 09:32 AM) *
Ever heard of "willful" ignorance (oxymoron, I know)? Those that don't WANT to know, usually don't.

Yeah Bro, I know but it's just sad that there are people who still can't see the truth. Like I said, I wouldn't even mind a 3rd scrap between these two but not ahead of Floyd vs Manny or Bradley vs Pacquiao.

I know that Arum is just building up the suspense to simply announce that Pac vs JMM is the fight that's happening, he's just stringing the public along while hoping that the suspense stirs the public's curiosity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.