Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fighter of the year
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
So I came across an article on boxingscene boasting about how Donaire should be fighter of the year. I can't say I agreed much but it got me thinking about who the front runners should be, I would have liked to go for Froch if he would have got the kessler fight done and avenged his loss, of course there is josesito if he somehow pulls a w against ginger, Danny Garcia, adrien broner, maybe Andre ward, or chavez if he gets the win over Martinez would be huge..

My top three from the guys I just mentioned would prob be broner- not great competition but he put himself out there impressively and has obvious talent. Danny Garcia- solid win over morales and huge upset win over Khan. And chavez- I'm on the fence about this one and broner because of the huge weight advantage he always comes in with but he has beaten some decent competition and a win over Martinez could seal the deal.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 13 2012, 08:37 AM) *
So I came across an article on boxingscene boasting about how Donaire should be fighter of the year. I can't say I agreed much but it got me thinking about who the front runners should be, I would have liked to go for Froch if he would have got the kessler fight done and avenged his loss, of course there is josesito if he somehow pulls a w against ginger, Danny Garcia, adrien broner, maybe Andre ward, or chavez if he gets the win over Martinez would be huge..

My top three from the guys I just mentioned would prob be broner- not great competition but he put himself out there impressively and has obvious talent. Danny Garcia- solid win over morales and huge upset win over Khan. And chavez- I'm on the fence about this one and broner because of the huge weight advantage he always comes in with but he has beaten some decent competition and a win over Martinez could seal the deal.

No doubt that Bradley should win Fighter of the Year, anyone in the sport would love to have Pacquiao's name on their resume and would more than likely trade all of the victims on their record for Manny's name.

It'll probably go to Josesito Lopez though, he pulled off a huge win vs Ortiz.
checkleft
No offense to Bradley but I doubt he's gonna get any award with that win Haha. But if he gets the rematch and wins it before the year ends he would take it hands down, but I doubt that because word is no network wants to show that fight... Well that is according to bob arum, so it could be about as true as anything else hes ever said
Franchize
If Bradley wins a rematch this year, he should win it. If not, the fighter of the year award can't even really be debated until after the Chavez/ MArtinez and Ward/Dawson fights.
daprofessor
it should be bradley for beating the "invincible" manny pac. but we all know he ain't getting it.

my vote goes to danny garcia. who on the list has bigger names than erik morales and amir khan?
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 13 2012, 09:37 AM) *
So I came across an article on boxingscene boasting about how Donaire should be fighter of the year.

Im surprised you kept reading after seeing Donaire's name and "Fighter of the Year" in the same sentence...
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 13 2012, 03:34 PM) *
Im surprised you kept reading after seeing Donaire's name and "Fighter of the Year" in the same sentence...

Foreal...
Jovi
if Josesito beats canelo. i think he gets it even after all the the other fights, simply because of the who underdog story, i don't even see him beating canelo but i wouldnt hate on him winning fighter of the year if he made me eat my words.

If canelo wins and beats cotto after then i can see him being an argument.

chad dawson beating the veteran and now the undefeated gold medalist Andre ward would be a solid run. If he were to schedule a pascal rematch and beat him in the year then by all means the fighter of the year in my eyes.

Andre ward winning chad dawson, he would need another fight to win fighter of the year. That would be his only fight and it wouldn't be fair to others if he just won after one fight. Would have to be an ill ass fight.

Winner of Chavez/Martinez, either or depending on if they fight again after and who.

I want floyd to fight again by the end of the year, but the only person i think he could fight by end to make it a compelling argument would be if he beat Tim bradley, just because he came out of jail and beat the guy who "beat" pacquiao.

Or if tim bradley was to fight floyd and end up beating him. I can definitely see that with a W against Pacquiao and Floyd...I'd be upset but it is what it is.

Danny garcia definitely had me after he heard me screaming to throw the left hook to knock out khan. lets see what happens after Morales.

Hellllll no to nonito, and Broner for the same reasons. Opposition. but i will give it to broner more because he does better in his fights than nonito does.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jovi @ Aug 13 2012, 03:46 PM) *
if Josesito beats canelo. i think he gets it even after all the the other fights, simply because of the who underdog story, i don't even see him beating canelo but i wouldnt hate on him winning fighter of the year if he made me eat my words.

If canelo wins and beats cotto after then i can see him being an argument.

chad dawson beating the veteran and now the undefeated gold medalist Andre ward would be a solid run. If he were to schedule a pascal rematch and beat him in the year then by all means the fighter of the year in my eyes.

Andre ward winning chad dawson, he would need another fight to win fighter of the year. That would be his only fight and it wouldn't be fair to others if he just won after one fight. Would have to be an ill ass fight.

Winner of Chavez/Martinez, either or depending on if they fight again after and who.

I want floyd to fight again by the end of the year, but the only person i think he could fight by end to make it a compelling argument would be if he beat Tim bradley, just because he came out of jail and beat the guy who "beat" pacquiao.

Or if tim bradley was to fight floyd and end up beating him. I can definitely see that with a W against Pacquiao and Floyd...I'd be upset but it is what it is.

Danny garcia definitely had me after he heard me screaming to throw the left hook to knock out khan. lets see what happens after Morales.

Hellllll no to nonito, and Broner for the same reasons. Opposition. but i will give it to broner more because he does better in his fights than nonito does.

thank god he heard u! he owes u for that one. laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 13 2012, 02:34 PM) *

Haha I didn't you caught me but it did get me thinking about who the front runner should be
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 14 2012, 01:13 AM) *
Haha I didn't you caught me but it did get me thinking about who the front runner should be

Same here, lol. Whoever wrote that article, needs to be shot immediately! I've never been impressed with Donaire, not saying that he's not a good fighter, but I haven't been impressed. The Darchinyan and Montiel KOs were fun to watch, but those guys were lilliputians.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.