Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mike jones looking for new trainer
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
http://m.ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/17429...n-mayweather-sr

Just read about this on ring. I can't hate on this at all especially if he indeed does get Sr. I could see him making very good progress with a trainer of that caliber.

BigFightFan
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 13 2012, 05:21 PM) *
http://m.ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/17429...n-mayweather-sr

Just read about this on ring. I can't hate on this at all especially if he indeed does get Sr. I could see him making very good progress with a trainer of that caliber.

Just like Khan, if Jones had won his last fight there would be no talk of a new trainer. Fighters need to take some of the blame for losing as well.
Cshel86
I hate this new age of fighters, seriously. As a fighter, you should know...if you go into a fight looking for a knockout, then it's likely that you'll get knocked out. If you go into a fight and fight as if you're trying NOT to get knocked out, then chances are, you'll be the one getting knocked out..
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Aug 13 2012, 09:01 PM) *
Just like Khan, if Jones had won his last fight there would be no talk of a new trainer. Fighters need to take some of the blame for losing as well.

Bolded for emphasis, it kills me how when everything goes right they talk big stuff and want all the credit but when they hit a bump in the road they want to switch their team up. It's not just boxing it's in alot of sports. It's some real Dwight Howard ass fighters running around in boxing right now though lol
Cshel86
He needs to find somebody that can help his image, because Arum hasn't done that great of a job. That KO loss to Bailey helped him, if anything. At least somebody knows who he is now, problem is, he has to make sure he isn't on anybody else's highlight reel.
Franchize
I don't think he has the mental toughness to handle Floyd Sr. I think he would crumble to Big Floyd's personality. He doesn't strike me as a guy who can take that onslaught of constructive criticism that Floyd Sr will hit him with. Basically, Floyd is going to pretty much come in there and tell him the way he's been fighting is all wrong lol Not many of these young thundercats, who've taste a little bit of success, are willing to revamp what they do. Mayweather's style of boxing is about your knowhow. A lot of these dudes think it's about how much you sweat and workout. There's a difference between talent and skill!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 16 2012, 09:57 AM) *
I don't think he has the mental toughness to handle Floyd Sr. I think he would crumble to Big Floyd's personality. He doesn't strike me as a guy who can take that onslaught of constructive criticism that Floyd Sr will hit him with. Basically, Floyd is going to pretty much come in there and tell him the way he's been fighting is all wrong lol Not many of these young thundercats, who've taste a little bit of success, are willing to revamp what they do. Mayweather's style of boxing is about your knowhow. A lot of these dudes think it's about how much you sweat and workout. There's a difference between talent and skill!

I will say the same thing that I said about Khan looking for a new trainer...if he isn't able to handle somebody coming at him with all intentions of cleaning up his craft, then he should hang 'em up. I believe Jones would be a bit more receptive to that bit of criticism from Sr. Either that, or fall victim to someone else's highlight reel...especially a 37 year old that you were supposed to beat.

If he goes back and beats Bailey, then it does nothing for him because he was supposed to beat him the first time. It's almost similar to Kirkland going back and beating Ishida, well, maybe not that close of a comparison, but Im sure you get the point. laugh.gif One thing's for sure, NOBODY will forget how Jones got his clock cleaned by Bailey, and it's still runner up with Salido setting Lopez up on another blind date with the canvas.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 16 2012, 08:57 AM) *

I won't question his mental toughness or lack there of, however, I will say, I hope he knows what he's signing up for. Floyd, Sr, talented trainer? Yes. A little rough 'round the edges? Putting it mildly. Can legitimately be accused of taking some "shine" away from his fighters? MOST DEF. If Mike is cool w/ all of that and most importantly, can perform under the "not so coddling" approach Sr. will give him, then this may be what the doctor ordered. However, if his lid isn't screwed on well....to quote Dolla Bill from "The Players Club", it's gon' be trouble....trouble...."
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 17 2012, 12:38 PM) *
Can legitimately be accused of taking some "shine" away from his fighters? MOST DEF.

Please enlighten us on the meaning of "shine" when it pertains to Mike Jones. cool.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Please enlighten us on the meaning of "shine" when it pertains to Mike Jones. cool.gif

Haha

But that is true, mayweather Sr does like to be in the spotlight and seems to want to take more credit for his fighters success than other trainers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.