Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHypeUK:Deontay Wilder interview; AM to PM-Ogogo, DeGale;
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
A midweek update for what's on FightHype UK:

NELSON MANDELA AND BOXING.
- Undoubtedly the definitive article on the great man's extraordinary boxing story. It spans the early days to current times.
-A legendary man's involvement with & love of boxing.

DEONTAY WILDER: I WOULD LIKE A FIGHT WITH FURY ASAP BUT HE’S A COWARD…2013 IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING
- Interview with Deontay Wilder. The title says exactly what he thinks of Tyson Fury.
-Interview with heavyweight prospect and Olympian, the 'Bronze Bomber'

AM TO PM: DEGALE PROMISES WORLD TITLE; OGOGO TO STAY AMATEUR; DONOVAN GEORGE’S NEW OPPONENT.
- Daily update for the 14th of August.
- AM to PM - British & international boxing news for the 14th August

TALES OF OLYMPIC GLORY: OSCAR DE LA HOYA
- In depth article on De La Hoya's Olympic campaign and pro. success.
- De La Hoya - Olympic showing and pro. career

MITCHELL INSPIRED BY GOLDEN GIRL ADAMS
- Kevin 'the Dagenham Destroyer' Mitchell on the Olympic success of Nicola Adams
-Mitchell inspired by Nicola Adams.
Cshel86
When will Wilder fight an able-bodied fighter??? Anybody can talk trash and call out fighters...guess we can put some of the blame on his management.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 16 2012, 09:11 PM) *
When will Wilder fight an able-bodied fighter??? Anybody can talk trash and call out fighters...guess we can put some of the blame on his management.

True. He did say that 2013's going to be an interesting year for him, which means interesting matchups.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 17 2012, 12:03 AM) *
True. He did say that 2013's going to be an interesting year for him, which means interesting matchups.

I hope so. He's about as bad as Dawson was at one point, fighting a bunch of old men. I remember Wilder from his FNF days, and I was sure this dude was gonna be the next big thing, but who knows. We shall see...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 09:38 AM) *
I hope so. He's about as bad as Dawson was at one point, fighting a bunch of old men. I remember Wilder from his FNF days, and I was sure this dude was gonna be the next big thing, but who knows. We shall see...

Yup. I think that he'll live up to your expectations because that jab looked ill (Malignaggi did a great job commentating that one - he was punch for punch accurate). Wilder's technical abilities are more than the jab and anyone who wins an Olympic bronze starts off with credibility. Not the easiest thing in the world, just ask the American men this year. That being said, it's easy to do whatever you want against bums, so the test is obviously against a quality opponent. In the interview he calls Tyson Fury a coward. At least he's trying to get the fights and GBP are apparently saying the right things about getting him those bouts.
As you said, we'll see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.