Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woe!!!!_Mares and Moreno negotiations!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
Mares and Moreno are in serious negotiations to fight each other, this is a great fight and if it gets made I can honestly say it would make my year. To see Martinez Chavez and now maybe Mares Moreno? It's gettin good!

http://www.boxingscene.com/mares-vs-moreno...13-vegas--56072
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 15 2012, 12:25 AM) *
Mares and Moreno are in serious negotiations to fight each other, this is a great fight and if it gets made I can honestly say it would make my year. To see Martinez Chavez and now maybe Mares Moreno? It's gettin good!

http://www.boxingscene.com/mares-vs-moreno...13-vegas--56072

This would be a good fight. And it's good to see that fights are getting made or potentially getting made between fighters who the public wants to see square off against one another
BrutUalBK
i can't wait to see Moreno box this guy's ears off.
checkleft
I think moreno is vastly underratted, I could see him completely outboxing him but I don't think mares will go out like that. That kid goes balls out every single fight (literally in the agbeko fight). If it is close and moreno wins we could be in for a very good rematch or trilogy
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 15 2012, 03:15 PM) *
i can't wait to see Moreno box this guy's ears off.

Lol... i hope they make it.

Looks like it may be a good one
boxingloner
Awesome matchup, too great fighters in a hot division going at it, you cant ask for more. I love both fighters and this is a make or break fight for both guys. Who ever wins will be on top of the world and looking like a star while the loser will be left wondering what could have been. So for a matchup like this you can expect blood and guts. I love the lower weight classes, they have the fighters with the most heart and they are almost always action packed. I know I'll be in the minority here at fighthype but give me Mares by hard fought decision. I like Mares a lot as a fighter and he can get a bad rap by a lot of the people on this board here but the guy can really fight and has lots of skill and i think it will really show in this fight. Mares all the way.
Cshel86
Haven't seen much of Moreno, but I believe he was on that trash-ass Rios/Abril card that I ordered. I may have seen him fight by accident a few times (Friday Night Fights), but I cant remember.

From you guys' reception, he seems to be pretty good, so I'll check him out. Not sure who will take this one...
daprofessor
props to both if this fight gets made!!!! wow!!! let this be the example to those claiming to want to fight the best u bullshit lying ass muthaphuckas. arce and nishioka are not the best. smh.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 15 2012, 08:15 PM) *
Haven't seen much of Moreno, but I believe he was on that trash-ass Rios/Abril card that I ordered. I may have seen him fight by accident a few times (Friday Night Fights), but I cant remember.

From you guys' reception, he seems to be pretty good, so I'll check him out. Not sure who will take this one...

holy shit! u ordered that!? laugh.gif sorry.
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Aug 15 2012, 06:16 PM) *
Awesome matchup, too great fighters in a hot division going at it, you cant ask for more. I love both fighters and this is a make or break fight for both guys. Who ever wins will be on top of the world and looking like a star while the loser will be left wondering what could have been. So for a matchup like this you can expect blood and guts. I love the lower weight classes, they have the fighters with the most heart and they are almost always action packed. I know I'll be in the minority here at fighthype but give me Mares by hard fought decision. I like Mares a lot as a fighter and he can get a bad rap by a lot of the people on this board here but the guy can really fight and has lots of skill and i think it will really show in this fight. Mares all the way.

with moreno's defense...there will be no blood and guts. it's going to be a great fight though. i think neither guy loses much because it's such a high caliber fight there's no shame in losing to either guy.
Jack 1000
The WBA is cool with this unification and will allow it!

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/anselmo-mo...update-9-131013

So hopefully it happens!

Jack
daprofessor
thanks for sharing. i was starting to wonder if this was real or just talk. i'm looking forward to it.

on a sidenote...rigondeaux's next fight has been stalled because of his irish manager.
daprofessor
october 13th gentlemen. mark ur calendars. smile.gif
checkleft
Loving it. These guys are so much fun to watch, they are two of the top dogs, and this fight could launch one if not both of then into stardom. Big props for both of them making this fight happen easily
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2012, 04:56 PM) *
thanks for sharing. i was starting to wonder if this was real or just talk. i'm looking forward to it.

on a sidenote...rigondeaux's next fight has been stalled because of his irish manager.

What's his manager doing to him?
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 27 2012, 09:45 PM) *
What's his manager doing to him?

apparently he got a court order to put a stop to the fight because supposedly, he did not approve this fight. toprank is saying that he (the manager) agreed to a four fight deal with them and that this is the 4th fight of that deal which will be his last with rigondeaux before his contract expires. he's claiming he has a better deal on the table for rigondeaux...but toprank believes he's trying to use that as a way to extend his contract with rigondeaux. of course they would know because that's how they operate themselves.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 28 2012, 02:25 PM) *
apparently he got a court order to put a stop to the fight because supposedly, he did not approve this fight. toprank is saying that he (the manager) agreed to a four fight deal with them and that this is the 4th fight of that deal which will be his last with rigondeaux before his contract expires. he's claiming he has a better deal on the table for rigondeaux...but toprank believes he's trying to use that as a way to extend his contract with rigondeaux. of course they would know because that's how they operate themselves.

That's what happens in business unfortunately. The beauty of the sport gets tarnished by back door deals
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 28 2012, 09:22 PM) *
That's what happens in business unfortunately. The beauty of the sport gets tarnished by back door deals

the messed up part....the dude isn't going to get a contract extension. he isn't capable of offering rigondeaux a better deal....he's going to get paid off this fight. he's just being a dick about the shit. he should just collect his check and move on.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 28 2012, 09:45 PM) *
the messed up part....the dude isn't going to get a contract extension. he isn't capable of offering rigondeaux a better deal....he's going to get paid off this fight. he's just being a dick about the shit. he should just collect his check and move on.

I know that his manager ruined his fight and has gotten him some other opponent for the 15th of Sept, these types of situations never end well
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 29 2012, 05:37 PM) *
I know that his manager ruined his fight and has gotten him some other opponent for the 15th of Sept, these types of situations never end well

really? who?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.