Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHypeUK: Froch next fight announcement; Bradley Talks AM to PM
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
End of week FightHypeUK articles with links:

AM TO PM: BRADLEY TALKS; QUIGG-MUNROE REMATCH; DAWSON ON WARD; FURYíS AMERICAN DEBUT.
Latest boxing news for the day.

WEEKEND IN BOXING: 17 & 18 AUGUST- MOLINA/FRIAS; GEORGE/MIRANDA; COYLE/RODRIGUEZ; PRESCOTT/FIGUEROA; SPADAFORA/NEGRON; BARTHELEMY/RODRIGUEZ; GONZALEZ/MACKEY; DIAZ/SANCHEZ
Weekend in Boxing

HOLYFIELD VISITS HATTON HEALTH AND FITNESS
Evander visits the Hitman

BOXNATION FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS
BoxNation bouts

Froch to announce IBF defence on Monday
The Cobra's pre-announcement announcement.

Steve Molitor replaces Martinez for Frampton fight
Frampton vs. Molitor

Barker: Iím ready to prove Iím World class
Darren Barker ready to come back after Martinez loss.

Cshel86
I agree Cheesey!

Now on to FNFs...DAMN that was a nasty KO loss for George back in '09 no2.gif
Cheesey1
Super middles. Decent first minute. Jabs.

Good first round. George was definitely advancing and doing it nicely behind the jab. Miranda's jab was better though. More snap and the odd right hand. Miranda took the first.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:13 PM) *
I agree Cheesey!

Now on to FNFs...DAMN that was a nasty KO loss for George back in '09 no2.gif

Yeah man. That was to the guy that George Groves knocked out a couple of weeks ago.
Cshel86
I missed the 1st round. I was starting to post in your other WIB thread, but I saw that you posted in this one for FNF. Silly me...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:19 PM) *
I missed the 1st round. I was starting to post in your other WIB thread, but I saw that you posted in this one for FNF. Silly me...

It was a nice first round. Very measured. Both guys working behind the jab.

Miranda's doing a good job of using his longer arms and circling enough to try to stay out of trouble. George has the better hands, but if he can't get inside it'll be tough for him (as Teddy is saying).
Cshel86
Why does George look like Brian Vera? laugh.gif

Miranda is controlling the round (3rd round)

2-1 Miranda
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:25 PM) *
Why does George look like Brian Vera? laugh.gif

Miranda is controlling the round (3rd round)

2-1 Miranda

Yeah. Got to agree. George looks like a solid boxer, but he needs to step up his ring IQ tonight.
Cheesey1
George can turn the tide. Better fourth round from him.

His faster hands and the combos that he can land, like he has done occasionally, hurt.
Cshel86
Wow, George hurt Miranda at the end of the 5th. I missed most of the round though. Now Im settled in.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:33 PM) *
Wow, George hurt Miranda at the end of the 5th. I missed most of the round though. Now Im settled in.

If Miranda was stronger and had faster hands, George would be in a very bad spot. I think that George still has a good chance of landing more, but Miranda's still hanging in there.
Cshel86
His legs just said "Fuck it!"....hang on Miranda...
Cheesey1
Damn. That was a sequence of nothing but bombs.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:36 PM) *

Ha!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:36 PM) *

His legs and his corner apparently. Nice fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Damn. That was a sequence of nothing but bombs.

I know, right? George shoudl stick with body work when he has his guy hurt. Other guys who know how to survive, would've started rolling with some of those wide punches and use that ring size to run and get their legs back.

George's chick isn't all that bad either! cool.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:40 PM) *
I know, right? George shoudl stick with body work when he has his guy hurt. Other guys who know how to survive, would've started rolling with some of those wide punches and use that ring size to run and get their legs back.

George's chick isn't all that bad either! cool.gif

Yup.

I walked away and missed when they showed her.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:44 PM) *
Yup.

I walked away and missed when they showed her.

Bad move Cheesey! Lol

I keep forgetting that Claressa is only 17, shit. This chick hasn't eve graduated from high school yet. Amazing! Somebody's gotta help her with her speech during interviews, and Im sure there are some stylists out there who are dying to her "womanly" image.

Mia St John's Playboy pics (which I just googled) makes one wonder what in the fuck has gone wrong with her now. She looks a freakin' mess.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:46 PM) *
Bad move Cheesey! Lol

I keep forgetting that Claressa is only 17, shit. This chick hasn't eve graduated from high school yet. Amazing! Somebody's gotta help her with her speech during interviews, and Im sure there are some stylists out there who are dying to her "womanly" image.

Mia St John's Playboy pics (which I just googled) makes one wonder what in the fuck has gone wrong with her now. She looks a freakin' mess.

I don't know why anyone would even want a 17 year old to think about going pro. Bernardo strikes, yet again.

I haven't seen them, I guess I could probably find those pics online. At least the internet is good for something.
Cheesey1
Four rounder. All of FNF's four rounders have been decent.

Close one, but probably Quinonez.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Four rounder. All of FNF's four rounders have been decent.

Lol! Those 4-rounders are your favorites!

Tigs looks like he has on roller blades. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Lol! Those 4-rounders are your favorites!

Tigs looks like he has on roller blades. Lol

Four rounders are gritty stuff. Each guy is making half as much as the Saint drops on the fighting chickens per fight.
Cheesey1
I'm surprised by Frias. Even though Molina won that one, Frias has shown some nice boxing.
Cshel86
Good 1st round for Molina. I would hate to spar this dude, he's busy as shit as all times.
Cshel86
Man, Molina is landing that body shot. Gave him the 2nd round as well. If Lopez gives Canelo this same type of fight, then there will be trouble for Canelo. Maybe Molina and Lopez should spar a bit, though Molina's style is nothing like Canelo's.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 11:27 PM) *
Man, Molina is landing that body shot. Gave him the 2nd round as well. If Lopez gives Canelo this same type of fight, then there will be trouble for Canelo. Maybe Molina and Lopez should spar a bit, though Molina's style is nothing like Canelo's.

You're right that Molina's activity level is dangerous. Frias caught him with something when he was coming inside, but overall Molina's probably won the third too.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 17 2012, 11:30 PM) *
You're right that Molina's activity level is dangerous. Frias caught him with something when he was coming inside, but overall Molina's probably won the third too.

Molina was going for the KO in the previous round. Dude's fighting style is awkward and effective. I give him respect for sticking to his guns during fights.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 11:37 PM) *
Molina was going for the KO in the previous round. Dude's fighting style is awkward and effective. I give him respect for sticking to his guns during fights.

Yup. If Frias had faster hands, he'd be able to catch Molina coming in, but you're right Molina's style is hard to exploit.
Cheesey1
Frias needs to let his hands go for the rest of the fight, because he's behind big time.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 17 2012, 11:43 PM) *
Yup. If Frias had faster hands, he'd be able to catch Molina coming in, but you're right Molina's style is hard to exploit.

I'll give that 7th to Frias as a comparative round.

Like Teddy said, Molina's biggest downfall is falling asleep during fights, or in other words, getting comfortable because he's made the fight easy and he doesn't expect anything to come back.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 17 2012, 11:48 PM) *
I'll give that 7th to Frias as a comparative round.

Like Teddy said, Molina's biggest downfall is falling asleep during fights, or in other words, getting comfortable because he's made the fight easy and he doesn't expect anything to come back.

If Alvarez looks good against Lopez, then I'll have to disagree with Teddy and say that Canelo can beat Molina. If he doesn't then I'll probably agree with Atlas.
Cheesey1
I'd like to see a Molina/Lara rematch. Probably won't happen, but it'd be cool. I'd pick Lara in that one.
Cheesey1
Who next for Molina?

You should really try to get Telefutura. Tomorrow's action should be good.
Cheesey1
Alright. Let's see what Rances 'Kid Blast' Barthelemy is all about.

Rd. 1 - Barthelemy's guard and posture look legit. Left hook from Barthelemy. Didn't land that flush though, but still enough. Scores a knockdown
Cheesey1
Ahh, it was a left to the body that started the momentum, then that left cross. Nice.

Rd. 2. Barthelemy is tatooing Rodriguez. A very nice mix of body work in there too. Rodriguez is definitely not on Barthelemy's level, but he isn't a punk. He's trying to box, but Barthelemy looks bigger and better.

Now Barthelemy is leaving his hands down occasionally. He stopped it. Okay, good.
Cheesey1
Triple jab by Barthelemy? None of them landed, more of a range finder/distraction, but they looked good.

Rd. 7. Better showing by Rodriguez. I'm impressed by how tough he is, but this has been the Barthelemy show. I'm definitely watching Barthelemy again.
Cshel86
I take it that this fight is on, Telefutura? If so, then Im fucked...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 19 2012, 12:49 AM) *
I take it that this fight is on, Telefutura? If so, then Im fucked...

Yeah man. Sorry. Breidiss Prescott vs. Francisco Figueroa (boogie down Bronx!) is on now.

Figueroa's much shorter. He seems fast, but he has to cover a lot of ground to land something. Prescott using the jab, as he should. Cautious first round.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Aug 19 2012, 12:53 AM) *
Yeah man. Sorry. Breidiss Prescott vs. Francisco Figueroa (boogie down Bronx!) is on now.

Nooooo!!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 19 2012, 12:54 AM) *
Nooooo!!!!

Prescott scores a first round knockdown. I think that it was a left. Oops, make that second knockdown.
Cheesey1
Yeah the first was from a left and the second knckdown from a right. Rodriguez is really short and Prescott isn't. Rodriguez is paying the price for it and isn't able to get on the inside.
Cheesey1
Prescott's jab is working. Clearly won the 2nd as well.

Better third by Rodriguez. Using his jab. Rd. 4 also better for him, but Breidis probably eked that one.
Cheesey1
Rodriguez definitely represented for the BX, but he was just at too much of a height disadvantage against Prescott who used his height nicely tonight. Rodriguez maybe won two, or three rounds, but some of the rounds that he lost were very close.

Good job by Prescott.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.