Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You won't believe who is "allegedly" The Announcer for Ward vs. Dawson!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
aTYpicalTYrant
I'm not sure if this is a joke or what but is Nick Cannon aka Mr. Carey REALLY the Announcer for THIS FIGHT? I'm waiting to hear that we are getting punked......

http://thebodyblow.wordpress.com/2012/08/1...ward-vs-dawson/
Cshel86
I died another death after hearing this news today, smh. Dude is just lame, and he needs to go hide under a fuckin' rock. I can give 50 his respect for having a Golden Gloves background and an excellent business predigree, but Cannon is just a joke.

Im hoping that he is just going to introduce the fighters, because I cant take him struggling during 12 rounds of commentary. Just because people are known, and are boxing fans, doesn't mean that they need to wiggle their way into the sport.

Bad enough we had that Drake/Chris Brown bullshit come up (gladly it died down), but Cannon needs to go away, fast!
mrchitown
Man say Word lol....what can he possibly bring to an announce team. I wouldn't even believe him if he told me he got into a fight before. He need to sit his ass down and be Mariah limo driver
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Aug 17 2012, 11:29 PM) *
I'm not sure if this is a joke or what but is Nick Cannon aka Mr. Carey REALLY the Announcer for THIS FIGHT? I'm waiting to hear that we are getting punked......

http://thebodyblow.wordpress.com/2012/08/1...ward-vs-dawson/

WTF?
mgrover
dafuq
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 18 2012, 08:09 PM) *
dafuq

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Classic shit from MG! As usual!
hougigo
Well, might as well have Justin Bieber do a ring announcement.
daprofessor
well nick cannon owns a boxing gym...and he's been training...so i'm sure he knows all he needs to understand to be a good commentator. closedeyes.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2012, 03:19 PM) *
well nick cannon owns a boxing gym...and he's been training...so i'm sure he knows all he needs to understand to be a good commentator. closedeyes.gif

I could care less if he owns a gym, who the hell would run from a fight with Nick Cannon lmao?? It's plenty of people who own gyms who know more about the sport then he does...and they shouldn't even have a gym. I hope this is a joke. Damn, couldn't they get RJJ stuttering ass to do it lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 20 2012, 07:26 PM) *
I could care less if he owns a gym, who the hell would run from a fight with Nick Cannon lmao?? It's plenty of people who own gyms who know more about the sport then he does...and they shouldn't even have a gym. I hope this is a joke. Damn, couldn't they get RJJ stuttering ass to do it lol

laugh.gif i'm just bullshittin. but seriously...he can't be any worse than lampley or merchant.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2012, 07:26 PM) *
laugh.gif i'm just bullshittin. but seriously...he can't be any worse than lampley or merchant.

I guess I should gear up for it since it is now"Official". HBO...those motherfuckers lol. Shotime is about to be the new face of boxing telecasts
hougigo

Seriously though.... Why is he even doing this? Is he broke?
daprofessor
QUOTE (hougigo @ Aug 21 2012, 01:12 AM) *
Seriously though.... Why is he even doing this? Is he broke?

i think the dude just likes to stay busy. i thought he was going to be commentating...but it turns out he's going to be the ring announcer!? wtf? laugh.gif

not long ago he was deejaying at clubs in hollywood and u know that wasn't about the money...i just think he's trying shit out. it's not like he has to earn a living being Mr. Mariah Carey. he's set for life.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2012, 02:54 PM) *
i just think he's trying shit out.

Then the cunt should take up basket-weaving...by all means, stay out of the ring.
Jack 1000
Just two question.

WTF? and WHY?

Seriously, where's Buffer? HBO sinks to new low! Maybe that's why I watch more movies than boxing nowadays.

Jack
pacco_diablo
Hahaaa. Man, people are not feeling this! lol. Sometimes change is hard to swallow but can actually work out fine. It's just announcing and I personally think Cannon is a talented guy. Most of you sound like that episode of the Chappelle Show where he's like "Fuck Nick Cannon."

This shits funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHIIKn7yOQ

I just wonder what he catch phrase is going to be...
Hotsauce
just stick to eating mariah carey pussy
Franchize
Say it aint so Shoeless Joe lmao Nick Cannon is so lame.
daprofessor
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Aug 22 2012, 09:18 AM) *
Hahaaa. Man, people are not feeling this! lol. Sometimes change is hard to swallow but can actually work out fine. It's just announcing and I personally think Cannon is a talented guy. Most of you sound like that episode of the Chappelle Show where he's like "Fuck Nick Cannon."

This shits funny.

i just hope it ain't no cheesy ass corny shit...

"let's get hyphy!!!" (they will be in the bay)

"let's see who has more swag!!!"

just keep the shit simple and classy. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 22 2012, 10:36 AM) *
just stick to eating mariah carey pussy

laugh.gif once upon a time she was a bad one...these days she's lookin like someones grandma. laugh.gif
neophyte7
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 22 2012, 02:55 PM) *
laugh.gif once upon a time she was a bad one...these days she's lookin like someones grandma. laugh.gif

I BET YOU WOULD EAT GRAND MAMA MARIAH'S COOCHIE.. AND she still looks good.. she is 40 plus...

I don't see anything wrong with Cannon giving it a shot.. I have seen some shitty announcers that he could not be much worse than in my time
Hotsauce
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 22 2012, 02:22 PM) *
I BET YOU WOULD EAT GRAND MAMA MARIAH'S COOCHIE.. AND she still looks good.. she is 40 plus...

I don't see anything wrong with Cannon giving it a shot.. I have seen some shitty announcers that he could not be much worse than in my time

she got that wet wet
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 22 2012, 03:22 PM) *

i'll pass. she's aiight...but in the land of milk and honey (socal) she doesn't even register on the scale. her $$$ makes her super attractive though. laugh.gif

i don't have a problem with nick cannon doing the mc thing either. he can't be any worse than dude they used on the contender...or any of those lame ass mma shows.
mrchitown
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Aug 22 2012, 08:18 AM) *

This shits funny.

Jut curious lol....what talent do you see in this house husband? He stinks as an actor, the best movie he did was drumline and that movie was driven by the storyline and the director. He sucks ass a rapper. I haven't caught him hosting what ever reality show he does but maybe he good at that

But as far as entertainment value he trash. Did you see the standup comedy special he had on Showtime? Me and my girl laughed because he was barley getting laughs from the crowd. That was one of the worst stand up performances I've ever seen. He is going to be on a show on BET that was a skit and is now a full on tv show. It's him, kevin hart, nelly, and some other guy. That should be good
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 22 2012, 05:36 PM) *
Jut curious lol....what talent do you see in this house husband? He stinks as an actor, the best movie he did was drumline and that movie was driven by the storyline and the director. He sucks ass a rapper. I haven't caught him hosting what ever reality show he does but maybe he good at that

But as far as entertainment value he trash. Did you see the standup comedy special he had on Showtime? Me and my girl laughed because he was barley getting laughs from the crowd. That was one of the worst stand up performances I've ever seen. He is going to be on a show on BET that was a skit and is now a full on tv show. It's him, kevin hart, nelly, and some other guy. That should be good

now this i have a problem with. he is zero parts funny. how the hell did he get a standup comedy special!? laugh.gif

mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 22 2012, 07:04 PM) *
now this i have a problem with. he is zero parts funny. how the hell did he get a standup comedy special!? laugh.gif

If you didn't watch it DON'T LMAO
sduck
Why yall hatin on my boy Nick. Wild N Out was funny.
daprofessor
QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 23 2012, 07:50 AM) *

i heard so much about that show but did not see a single episode.
mrchitown
QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 23 2012, 06:50 AM) *

It was but not because of him
pacco_diablo
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 22 2012, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 22 2012, 08:04 PM) *

You guys are crazy... lol. I thought that comedy special was pretty funny. "Meeeetttiiiinng!" That shit had me rolling.
mrchitown
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Aug 24 2012, 10:53 AM) *
You guys are crazy... lol. I thought that comedy special was pretty funny. "Meeeetttiiiinng!" That shit had me rolling.

I didn't like it lol. And that's putting it nicely. I think it might've been better but his stage presence wasn't good to me on the special. Wild N out was entertaining though
daprofessor
ok...i finally watched a re-run of 'wildin out' with nick cannon and i didn't make it through the whole episode. that was pure shit. i hope he keeps the ring announcing classy. i may be ringside for this one and if he sucks...i will boo his ass. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.