Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peterson vs. Judah-Preview Thoughts
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Mistake by HBO,

A good Judah can still be very good for the first six rounds or so, and this fight shows that Zab will still be fighting a very good fighter. It is a fight I would want to see. I don't think it's strong enough for a mandatory defense, but considering the crap that HBO often puts out as a main event, this should have been shown. It's not in the days of Lou Dibella Boxing After Dark Matches, but it's not likely to suck either.

It's only a shutout situation if Zab gets discouraged early or just shows up for a payday. There is about a 60% chance that this fight will be competitive, at least early.

Jack
mrchitown
Definitely a big mistake by HBO to reject this fight. When you look at the fights that they have shown or have shown in years past, this one matches up and exceeds those standards. I think it would be a great sell, you have Peterson coming off suspension and the back lash that he'll likely still receive from the TRT treatments and you have Zab who is getting his umpteenth shot at a title and redemption of sorts. How this fight doesn't sell and attract viewers is beyond me.

With that said, I'm sure many are favoring Peterson to win but it's a pick'em fight to me due to Peterson's inactivity and the fact that i want to see how he handles the scrutiny of his situation all the while preparing for a title defense. If Judah can keep mentally focused during this fight and we all know that's a big IF, then Lamont could be in for a long night. This fight will be exciting. It'll be exciting for 12 rounds or however long it lasts...HBO made a mistake on this one
leonthegee
Zab failed to show up against Khan so I understand why HBO is passing on Zab. But there are other networks so im sure somebodies gonna pick up this fight. I think Peterson is a better matchup for Zab. Peterson isnt a technical fighter like Khan. He needs to fight on the inside which will allow Zab to land his counter left uppercut. Zab still has speed and power which makes this fight legit.
Cshel86
Good points!

As I opened a thread about a while ago, HBO has this "we have the megafight in the bag" mentality, so they're dumb and prideful enough to pass up a fight of this stature. HBO will further fail because of this attitude, because Showtime takes risks. Well, I cant say that HBO doesn't take risks (Donaire/Navaez, Donaire/Mathebula (sp), etc.), they just take some naive risks, so to speak..."Hey, let's air the house fighter against a no-hoper and build him up!'

Zab fucked himself in the Khan fight, so I can somewhat understand them not wanting to air the fight. Anyhow, Zab had a pretty impressive win over Paris and Peterson beat the hell out of Khan (controversial or not), so that should even out a bit.

I think that they're just butthurt because their princess (Khan) got floored, and Peterson beat him (PEDs or not, it would've happened). NOW, Zab had JUST beat Mabuza (sp) and won the IBF belt, and they had no problem with Zab fighting Khan, though we had no idea who Mabuza was. Wanna know why? Because he was fighting Khan...what was so hard about that guys? Step your game the next time I ask you a "gimme" question. laugh.gif j/k

This is a pretty good fight, and HBO being the fools that they are, they'll let Showtime get it, and lose out again. Do yall think that they would've aired Ortiz/Lopez? Hell no! Guess what? Lopez/Ortiz ended up being one of the year's upsets. HBO will never learn...
boxingloner
This is a decent matchup for Peterson, since he is coming off of the controversy hes had. He will dominate and control Judah and win a UD. Yea sure Judah has a punchers chance but the guy will not do anything. Peterson is just to mentally strong and just too hard of a man for Judah to break. As far as this fight not being on HBO kinda sucks as I really like watching Peterson but watching Judah, I'll pass. To me Judah is NOT must see tv. But wherever it's at I'll watch so I can see Peterson beat Judah down.

On a side note, why do people on here make such a big deal with Judahs win over Vernon Paris. It was a nice little win for Judah, but Paris is just a good regional fights and that it. He's not a world beater or world class. Just because Paris beat the even more mental midget than Judah, in tim Coleman prior to his fight with Judah, don't mean he would handle Peterson.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 19 2012, 11:02 PM) *
Good points!

As I opened a thread about a while ago, HBO has this "we have the megafight in the bag" mentality, so they're dumb and prideful enough to pass up a fight of this stature. HBO will further fail because of this attitude, because Showtime takes risks. Well, I cant say that HBO doesn't take risks (Donaire/Navaez, Donaire/Mathebula (sp), etc.), they just take some naive risks, so to speak..."Hey, let's air the house fighter against a no-hoper and build him up!'

Zab fucked himself in the Khan fight, so I can somewhat understand them not wanting to air the fight. Anyhow, Zab had a pretty impressive win over Paris and Peterson beat the hell out of Khan (controversial or not), so that should even out a bit.

I think that they're just butthurt because their princess (Khan) got floored, and Peterson beat him (PEDs or not, it would've happened). NOW, Zab had JUST beat Mabuza (sp) and won the IBF belt, and they had no problem with Zab fighting Khan, though we had no idea who Mabuza was. Wanna know why? Because he was fighting Khan...what was so hard about that guys? Step your game the next time I ask you a "gimme" question. laugh.gif j/k

This is a pretty good fight, and HBO being the fools that they are, they'll let Showtime get it, and lose out again. Do yall think that they would've aired Ortiz/Lopez? Hell no! Guess what? Lopez/Ortiz ended up being one of the year's upsets. HBO will never learn...

hit the nail on the head with this post. i'll just add...hbo sucks. fuck lampley, merchant, toprank, hauser, rafael and everyone else who shitted on ross greenburg. they all thought they knew better and now hbo is sucking more than ever. showtime is the home of the upset!!! no showcase bouts there.
Cshel86
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Aug 20 2012, 04:02 PM) *
This is a decent matchup for Peterson, since he is coming off of the controversy hes had. He will dominate and control Judah and win a UD. Yea sure Judah has a punchers chance but the guy will not do anything. Peterson is just to mentally strong and just too hard of a man for Judah to break. As far as this fight not being on HBO kinda sucks as I really like watching Peterson but watching Judah, I'll pass. To me Judah is NOT must see tv. But wherever it's at I'll watch so I can see Peterson beat Judah down.

On a side note, why do people on here make such a big deal with Judahs win over Vernon Paris. It was a nice little win for Judah, but Paris is just a good regional fights and that it. He's not a world beater or world class. Just because Paris beat the even more mental midget than Judah, in tim Coleman prior to his fight with Judah, don't mean he would handle Peterson.

I agree, hands down.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 20 2012, 04:08 PM) *
hit the nail on the head with this post. i'll just add...hbo sucks. fuck lampley, merchant, toprank, hauser, rafael and everyone else who shitted on ross greenburg. they all thought they knew better and now hbo is sucking more than ever. showtime is the home of the upset!!! no showcase bouts there.

Great addition! They screwed this one up big time...should've left well enough alone. Hell, well enough was doing pretty good things for the network, and Greenburg's work went down the shitter. That's like a man with eyesight, trying to rearrange Stevie Wonder's music. Leave the shit alone man, it's classic, it worked, and it sold...no need to try and reinvent the wheel.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 20 2012, 07:42 PM) *
I agree, hands down.

Great addition! They screwed this one up big time...should've left well enough alone. Hell, well enough was doing pretty good things for the network, and Greenburg's work went down the shitter. That's like a man with eyesight, trying to rearrange Stevie Wonder's music. Leave the shit alone man, it's classic, it worked, and it sold...no need to try and reinvent the wheel.

hauser wrote those pieces shitting on greenburg and davis for giving gbp and haymon preferential treatment...but their fights were producing the most fireworks at the time. berto/ortiz, williams/martinez 1&2...and a few others. i saw right through the bullshit when those pieces first came out. i said it back then...hauser sounded like he was a shill for toprank. they called for greenburgs head...got it...and now hbo suck more than ever. laugh.gif for the record...when greenburg turned down pac/mosley...he got that one right!
Cheesey1
I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Like most, I'm picking Peterson. As long as Zab doesn't fold like he did against Khan, then I'm expecting a nice boxing match.

I liked Judah's utter domination of Paris. Obviously Peterson's a better boxer than Paris, but if Judah shows the ring IQ that he showed that night, then very cool.
Cshel86
Call me crazy, but I believe Judah sparks Peterson with something nice and sneaky. Peterson has crazy resolve, but Judah's fast enough to put him down and actually finish him off unlike Ortiz and Bradley failed to do.

neophyte7
Judah did not have a very easy time with Paris.. He got the stoppage, yet much of that had to do with the inexperience of Paris having not faced anyone as fast as Zab-- Paris also has a shitty corner... I was in Brooklyn ringside.. There were moments when Paris was touching Zab to the body and head and Zab looked very scared.. at one point he responded to a Paris body and head attack with an elbow to throat.. his usual mental midget shenanigans Peterson has good body and head attacks-- I don't see the steady Peterson having trouble with this washed up, too many chances given fuck.. I hope Peterson ends his career...
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 22 2012, 03:32 PM) *
Judah did not have a very easy time with Paris.. He got the stoppage, yet much of that had to do with the inexperience of Paris having not faced anyone as fast as Zab-- Paris also has a shitty corner... I was in Brooklyn ringside.. There were moments when Paris was touching Zab to the body and head and Zab looked very scared.. at one point he responded to a Paris body and head attack with an elbow to throat.. his usual mental midget shenanigans Peterson has good body and head attacks-- I don't see the steady Peterson having trouble with this washed up, too many chances given fuck.. I hope Peterson ends his career...

tell us how u really feel neophyte. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 22 2012, 02:32 PM) *

It looked like an easy night to me. But I'll take your word for it lol
neophyte7
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 22 2012, 05:23 PM) *
It looked like an easy night to me. But I'll take your word for it lol

Ok Chi...I give you credit as you predicted a Judah win and yes it was his fight I just saw much of the old Judah and he was in with an inexperienced fighter---like I said I was ringside...good stoppage... Peterson is not Paris...Peterson has the resolve and chin and at this stage is better than Judah... much better. Peterson is a hellacious body puncher.. something Zab does not like... This could be Judah's last bout if loses the way I think he will I don't seen him getting another shot
boxingloner
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 21 2012, 06:41 PM) *
Call me crazy, but I believe Judah sparks Peterson with something nice and sneaky. Peterson has crazy resolve, but Judah's fast enough to put him down and actually finish him off unlike Ortiz and Bradley failed to do.

Yea you are crazy, but you said it first. No way in hell does Judah finish off Peterson these days.
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 23 2012, 11:18 AM) *
Ok Chi...I give you credit as you predicted a Judah win and yes it was his fight I just saw much of the old Judah and he was in with an inexperienced fighter---like I said I was ringside...good stoppage... Peterson is not Paris...Peterson has the resolve and chin and at this stage is better than Judah... much better. Peterson is a hellacious body puncher.. something Zab does not like... This could be Judah's last bout if loses the way I think he will I don't seen him getting another shot

Your boy Paris was doing some foul sh*t too, I just find it very funny how people say Paris was going to do this and that then when he gets his ass handed too him, he wasn't ready, he was blah blah and blah.

I'm glad you were ringside but a elbow to the neck? WTF is that supposed to mean? You seem like a level headed man, 1 move that YOU didn't like and he was the old Judah? I agree it could be his last fight for a title but who knows...he all ways finds his way back some kind of way. I like both Peterson and Judah and I think it's going to be an exciting fight. Be it for 12 rounds or however long it lasts.

And I keep pointing out your post because you dislike him so much and he hasn't done sh*t to you..or has he lol. I don't think it mattered who he'd fight you want to see him lose any way, but I find you entertaining nonetheless lmao
Cshel86
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Aug 23 2012, 12:43 PM) *
Yea you are crazy, but you said it first. No way in hell does Judah finish off Peterson these days.

Lol, I've said some crazy stuff around here, some of it materialized, and the rest...well the rest remained exactly as it was...crazy.
neophyte7
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 23 2012, 09:08 PM) *
Your boy Paris was doing some foul sh*t too, I just find it very funny how people say Paris was going to do this and that then when he gets his ass handed too him, he wasn't ready, he was blah blah and blah.

I'm glad you were ringside but a elbow to the neck? WTF is that supposed to mean? You seem like a level headed man, 1 move that YOU didn't like and he was the old Judah? I agree it could be his last fight for a title but who knows...he all ways finds his way back some kind of way. I like both Peterson and Judah and I think it's going to be an exciting fight. Be it for 12 rounds or however long it lasts.

And I keep pointing out your post because you dislike him so much and he hasn't done sh*t to you..or has he lol. I don't think it mattered who he'd fight you want to see him lose any way, but I find you entertaining nonetheless lmao

After seeing Paris live I concluded that he was not ready.. the elbow to the neck mention was to point out that like always Judah is still mentally fragile.. resorting an elbow against a guy he supposedly had an easy time with. I don't like him... for his past antics in the ring. I don't think he has what it takes to beat Peterson... we will see. I want Judah's head beat in good so he can leave the sport.. I hated him ever since he blamed don king for his loss to baldomir... and lost all respect for him after the khan fight where he quit-- there is a great deal of quit in judah and it is liable to come out every time he fights i will however tune in to his fights in hopes of seeing him stretched.. he still to his credit remains relevant and I guess it is because he is "perceived" as an exciting fighter with power... so he gets credit for remaining relevant despite his quitters mentality, and degenerated skills. Yeah... i want him retired in the ring.
BoxingEinstein

Peterson by TKO
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 23 2012, 10:52 PM) *
After seeing Paris live I concluded that he was not ready.. the elbow to the neck mention was to point out that like always Judah is still mentally fragile.. resorting an elbow against a guy he supposedly had an easy time with. I don't like him... for his past antics in the ring. I don't think he has what it takes to beat Peterson... we will see. I want Judah's head beat in good so he can leave the sport.. I hated him ever since he blamed don king for his loss to baldomir... and lost all respect for him after the khan fight where he quit-- there is a great deal of quit in judah and it is liable to come out every time he fights i will however tune in to his fights in hopes of seeing him stretched.. he still to his credit remains relevant and I guess it is because he is "perceived" as an exciting fighter with power... so he gets credit for remaining relevant despite his quitters mentality, and degenerated skills. Yeah... i want him retired in the ring.

I like your hatred lmao
checkleft
Unless Judah lands a bomb and I mean a bomb that either kos Peterson or gains his respect I don't see this ending with a W for Judah but I think its a good fight, idk why hbo or sho don't want it. It could be an undercards for the Garcia fight in Brooklyn or headline showbox
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 24 2012, 06:08 PM) *
Unless Judah lands a bomb and I mean a bomb that either kos Peterson or gains his respect I don't see this ending with a W for Judah but I think its a good fight, idk why hbo or sho don't want it. It could be an undercards for the Garcia fight in Brooklyn or headline showbox

You'd put this fight on the undercard to that?

I agree, but I didn't know showtime rejected it. Whoever lands it will have gotten a nice matchup
checkleft
Isn't zab from Brooklyn?
neophyte7
Yeap...
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 24 2012, 10:05 PM) *
You'd put this fight on the undercard to that?

I agree, but I didn't know showtime rejected it. Whoever lands it will have gotten a nice matchup

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 24 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Isn't zab from Brooklyn?

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 25 2012, 06:14 AM) *
Yeap...

Then it makes sense to me, I mean the guy is from Brooklyn. And it would be a good undercard fight
Franchize
They should do this in the new Barclays arena for sure. Anyone who grew up in NY knows that Zab was in every Brooklyn rappers video back in the day lol. Jay, Foxy, Kim you name it lol
The Original MrFactor
Not really thinking about this fight. Peterson wins fairly easily. Zabs been done for years now. Just a name at this point. I like the fact that he appears to have grown as a person and matured. That no doubt helped his marketability and thus he will continue to get fights like this. I dont see him winning or even competeing. he will take a few shots and start looking for an out from the ref, just like his last few losses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.