Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WBA Experimenting With Half-Point Scoring
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
The WBA recently approved for a title fight in Peru, will accept a variation of the 10 point must scoring system allowing for 10-9.5 rounds recommended for very close rounds. President Gilbert Mendoza submitted the idea to the Association of Boxing Commissions, which oversees boxing rules for World Title Fights in the USA and Canada. If I recall, it was rejected. They will consider its worldwide use at their next worldwide convention in Indonesia this fall. The ABC will probably nullify it and I know that the British Boxing Board of control, who did this system for non-title fights years ago will also reject it.

I still prefer a more liberal use of the 10-point must system with more very close rounds scored as 10-10 and definitive rounds scored more often as 10-8. Fractional totals may show a deserved closer fright in theory but it will just confuse most people and commissions who won't accept the new rule.

Having said that, I would take half-point scoring over any form of Open Scoring any day!

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wba-looks-...ecisions-131017

Jack
Cshel86
Keep the 10-point must system...get rid of the "half-assed" judges.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.