Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What card will you watch?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Kratza
Okay as everyone knows, Golden Boy Promotions will go head to head with Top Rank Promotions on September 15th which will surely be a night to remember with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr looking to escape from the fact that he is his fathers son fighting Sergio Martinez who is trying to prove he is the best middleweight in the world and perhaps setup a fight with some of the biggest names in boxing and Josesito Lopez looking to cause his second upset of the year and prove he is an elite caliber fight against Canelo Alvarez who is trying to show he is a force to be reckoned with and setup fights with the best in boxing today.
I dont know who exactly is on the undercards but i'm sure they will be overall great cards with 2 scintillating endings.
My question is which card/fight will you watch? I along with my friends still haven't made this decision and really are drawn on which card/fight to watch?

Chavez Jr vs Martinez undercard:

Middleweights - Matthew Macklin (28-4, 19 KO) vs Joachim Alcine (33-2-1, 19 KO)
Super Featherweights - Roman Martinez (25-1-1, 16 KO) vs Miguel Beltran Jr (27-1, 17 KO)
Light Heavyweights - Mike Lee (10-0, 6 KO) vs TBA

Alvarez vs Lopez undercard:

Welterweights - Marcos Maidana (31-3, 28 KO) vs Jesus Soto-Karass (26-7-3, 17 KO)
Featherweights - Jhonny Gonzalez (52-7, 45 KO) vs Daniel Ponce de Leon (43-4, 35 KO)
Super Bantamweights - Abner Mares (24-0-1, 13 KO) vs TBA
Sunni6Killer
Showtime undercard, HBO main event.
Kratza
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Aug 22 2012, 11:12 PM) *
Showtime undercard, HBO main event.

The Showtime undercard is definitely better than the HBO undercard, but i dont know which main event will be better as i believe they will both be all out war although Lopez is the smaller guy he has shown he can scrap, but i also think that there is alot of bad blood in the Chavez-Martinez fight, so i might have to agree with you.
Cshel86
Next month will be quite expensive for me. I'll be in Vegas for the Chavez/Martinez fight, and I will have both the HBO and Showtime cards ordered and recorded at home...which will end up being about $150 + my $130 cable bill (NFL package included).

If ONLY I could talk my brother into paying for one of these fights (which will take about $75 bucks off my hand), then I'll be good! cool.gif Hopefully he wont have a bunch of wild company tearing my damn house up. Anyhow, I'll be watching Chavez/Martinez live! Dont hate! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
mrchitown
Watching the TR card on streams and I'll watch the Canelo fight after that
mgrover
jcc jr vs martinez just has that buzz, that hype that seems to deliver, some actual animosity, not just plain business.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 22 2012, 09:28 PM) *
jcc jr vs martinez just has that buzz, that hype that seems to deliver, some actual animosity, not just plain business.

I agree. His pops has done a decent job of showing up and helping to build his son, even when he wears that retarded headband...its almost as bad as my dad still wearing a Kangol hat and gold rope chains. Anyway, that Face-Off told the story...it's personal!
daprofessor
i'll record canelo/lopez and watch martinez/chavez live.
Kratza
i'm still sticking with watching the Showtime undercard and HBO mainevent, i'll watch Canelo vs Lopez later
daprofessor
QUOTE (Kratza @ Aug 22 2012, 10:07 PM) *
i'm still sticking with watching the Showtime undercard and HBO mainevent, i'll watch Canelo vs Lopez later

that might not be a bad idea. i hate flippin back and forth though.
C.Alarid1
Hey CShel, Will you have a link to a live stream for Chavez/Martinez? Or anyone?
mgrover
i dont think ill be having corona for this one, after my last outing, and the heavy amount of vodka i consumed, me and alcohol aren't talking at the moment till he tells me what the fuck happened that night, because i cannot remember for shit.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 22 2012, 10:06 PM) *
i dont think ill be having corona for this one, after my last outing, and the heavy amount of vodka i consumed, me and alcohol aren't talking at the moment till he tells me what the fuck happened that night, because i cannot remember for shit.

LMAO
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 22 2012, 11:06 PM) *

You'll be at it again MG, Im sure of that. laugh.gif
sduck
Chavez Jr vs Martinez of course... why even ask?
BrutUalBK
as much as I want to see JLC Jr get KTFO, I'd rather watch Josesito and Canelo battle it out.
Cshel86
QUOTE (C.Alarid1 @ Aug 22 2012, 10:10 PM) *
Hey CShel, Will you have a link to a live stream for Chavez/Martinez? Or anyone?

Yep, I'll have a live stream...right from my seats in the audience. laugh.gif No really, Im sure someone will have one that night, or I may hunt for one before I head to Vegas.
Franchize
Neither. I'll be on vacation with my old lady . sorry.gif

Ortiz/ Berto happened on my wedding night. I'm starting to notice a distrurbing trend here lol
Kratza
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 23 2012, 08:27 PM) *

Ortiz/ Berto happened on my wedding night. I'm starting to notice a distrurbing trend here lol

Show her the ways of boxing laugh.gif

And i think im going to pay for the Alvarez vs Lopez card, and watch Chavez Jr vs Martinez main event through a livestream
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 23 2012, 03:27 PM) *

You may want to check on this my brotha...stuff like this doesn't happen by accident. Maybe the wife reads FightHype and knows these fight schedules better than all of us combined. Besides, boxing has become more dramatic over the years...pretty good gossip if you ask me.

Hell, I feel like Im gossiping when I tell people about failed drug tests, promotional issues, or going into the whole "megafight" rebuttal that's shaped boxing for the past 3 years. laugh.gif
Franchize
Funny story. On my wedding night we got this fancy hotel. There was this big, beautiful spa shower in our suite. She goes in the shower and I tell her I'm about to follow. I remember the fight is on. Let's just say, she waited for about 10 minutes before I brought the towels lmaoooooo. I'd never been so eager for a undercard to end in my life. I was like fuuuuuuuuuck. KO him already.

I'm trying to figure out how to watch this one. May have to lay it down in the bedroom early in the evening. Make her curl up in the fetal position and fall asleep lol.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Aug 24 2012, 09:33 AM) *
Funny story. On my wedding night we got this fancy hotel. There was this big, beautiful spa shower in our suite. She goes in the shower and I tell her I'm about to follow. I remember the fight is on. Let's just say, she waited for about 10 minutes before I brought the towels lmaoooooo. I'd never been so eager for a undercard to end in my life. I was like fuuuuuuuuuck. KO him already.

I'm trying to figure out how to watch this one. May have to lay it down in the bedroom early in the evening. Make her curl up in the fetal position and fall asleep lol.

Lmao! Why am I just seeing this this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.