Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you agree that Manny will fight Cotto Next?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
hougigo
http://thebodyblow.com/?p=456

In a nutshell
  1. More Money
  2. Much more appealing than Marquez/Bradley
  3. Better risk/reward ratio
xxxxxx
QUOTE (hougigo @ Aug 22 2012, 05:19 PM) *
http://thebodyblow.com/?p=456

In a nutshell
  1. More Money
  2. Much more appealing than Marquez/Bradley
  3. Better risk/reward ratio

If Manny did go and fight Cotto then Mayweather should trump that and go fight Bradley. Then the winners can face each other. I know this is unlikely, but in a perfect boxing world this is how it would play out.
hougigo
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Aug 22 2012, 06:32 PM) *
If Manny did go and fight Cotto then Mayweather should trump that and go fight Bradley. Then the winners can face each other. I know this is unlikely, but in a perfect boxing world this is how it would play out.

If only.... that'd mean Arum would have to deal with floyd. I see those two fighting together in the future... but only after Bradley leaves
mgrover
i can see the minute pac fights cotto and cotto for whatever reason doesnt perform up to par, we'll have the people with mayweather beat him...
leonthegee
I understand why Cotto would want the fight. He can make more money fighting Manny than he can headlining his own card. So at 154 it makes sense for him. I would love to see Pactard Nation defend this fight since theyve been saying Cottos washed up for months.
hougigo
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 22 2012, 06:36 PM) *
I understand why Cotto would want the fight. He can make more money fighting Manny than he can headlining his own card. So at 154 it makes sense for him. I would love to see Pactard Nation defend this fight since theyve been saying Cottos washed up for months.

Sir, I don't think you understand. The instant he fights Pacquiao, he's a reborn fighter
aTYpicalTYrant
Pac vs. Cotto at 154lbs. is dangerous..... If I was Arum/Freddie/Pac I WOULDNT take that TYpe of risk. Especially if my heart is set on the "Money" Fight.....
hougigo
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Aug 22 2012, 07:02 PM) *
Pac vs. Cotto at 154lbs. is dangerous..... If I was Arum/Freddie/Pac I WOULDNT take that TYpe of risk. Especially if my heart is set on the "Money" Fight.....

I think they're going to try and angle for 150 again... but this time... i think they're more willing to go up to 154. Not a good idea IMO.... Pac didn't look so good at 150 against Bradley.. but w/e, his choice
daprofessor
pac has pretty much run out of options. a fight against cotto at anything above 150 = loss for pac
leonthegee
QUOTE (hougigo @ Aug 22 2012, 03:49 PM) *
Sir, I don't think you understand. The instant he fights Pacquiao, he's a reborn fighter

I never said he was washed up but Pactard Nations been saying this for months.
aTYpicalTYrant
Cshel86
As its been said, this one wont happen. If you think about how much Cotto made against Floyd, Arum will NOT be willing to make sure that Cotto makes that $8M or more . In that case, Manny will want more money...no way Arum puts himself in that situation.
checkleft
Cotto won't budge from 154 now and he won't budge from a money standpoint now either now that he knows what he can make away from top rank.
mgrover
am all for an 153 catch weight biggrin.gif
Cshel86
This one SHOULD be at 154, and MANNY'S ass should come in at 150, and Cotto should come in at 154 (or under). Just like Lopez is fighting Alvarez at 154, that doesn't mean that he will come in at 154, maybe he'll come in at 148.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 23 2012, 02:08 AM) *
This one SHOULD be at 154, and MANNY'S ass should come in at 150, and Cotto should come in at 154 (or under). Just like Lopez is fighting Alvarez at 154, that doesn't mean that he will come in at 154, maybe he'll come in at 148.

cotto fought good ole margs at 153
mrchitown
I doubt this happens. Cotto aint draining himself for Arum or Manny anymore. And if he doesn't fight him at a catch weight then the fight won't happen. I still see him fighting Bradley, Cotto and JMM are too dangerous for Manny at this point in his career
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 23 2012, 02:26 AM) *
I doubt this happens. Cotto aint draining himself for Arum or Manny anymore. And if he doesn't fight him at a catch weight then the fight won't happen. I still see him fighting Bradley, Cotto and JMM are too dangerous for Manny at this point in his career

if there too dangerous then theres no way he's anywhere in the top p4p, if what you say is true, it seems like he can't beat top competition anymore, and that's time to call it a day
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 22 2012, 09:25 PM) *
cotto fought good ole margs at 153

Yeah I know. I wont defend that 1 lb catchweight, because people will cry about the 2 lb catchweight in the Pac/Cotto fight. You got me on this one MG.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 22 2012, 08:41 PM) *
As its been said, this one wont happen. If you think about how much Cotto made against Floyd, Arum will NOT be willing to make sure that Cotto makes that $8M or more . In that case, Manny will want more money...no way Arum puts himself in that situation.

shit. thanks for killing this for me. laugh.gif oh well... back to reality.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 22 2012, 09:34 PM) *
Yeah I know. I wont defend that 1 lb catchweight, because people will cry about the 2 lb catchweight in the Pac/Cotto fight. You got me on this one MG.

that was cotto's way of trying to flex. he didn't need the marg fight imo and if i were in his shoes...fuck margarito! why give him the pay day...cheating ass muthafucka. laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 23 2012, 02:34 AM) *

its not even about the catchweight, its people need to realise that pac has a limit, and at his age he's reached it, he's massively at a disadvantage at 154 no matter what people say, the 1lb catchweight was a joke. His chin has held up so far, but opponents havent been exactly hard hitters and its easier being the hammer not the nail, i want pac out of the 154 weight division plain and simple.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 22 2012, 08:30 PM) *
if there too dangerous then theres no way he's anywhere in the top p4p, if what you say is true, it seems like he can't beat top competition anymore, and that's time to call it a day

It is true. You telling me that a rematch with JMM or Bradley isn't dangerous?? He should cash himself out and fight Mayweather. Cotto aint going for that catch weight bs no more, Marquez has his number and Bradley, even in a loss in my opinion, made Pacquiao look avg. Bradley is young, hungry and even though he lacks pop he'll keep coming for 12 rds. Manny don't need that kinda fight. Blame his promoter, they matched him up and looked out for his so called "legacy" very well.

But the truth always comes to the top and we're seeing it now. TR done ran out of steamin willie beamon juice to give Manny lol. As far as him in with top comeptition name a top dog who he can beat? It is what it is...if he eventually fights Foyd i'm puttin my kids thru college with the $ I'm making off his ass whopping lol
sduck
Uhh unless Cotto tried to stick and move for 12 rounds, Pacquiao would still beat Cotto.
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 23 2012, 04:18 AM) *
It is true. You telling me that a rematch with JMM or Bradley isn't dangerous?? He should cash himself out and fight Mayweather. Cotto aint going for that catch weight bs no more, Marquez has his number and Bradley, even in a loss in my opinion, made Pacquiao look avg. Bradley is young, hungry and even though he lacks pop he'll keep coming for 12 rds. Manny don't need that kinda fight. Blame his promoter, they matched him up and looked out for his so called "legacy" very well.

But the truth always comes to the top and we're seeing it now. TR done ran out of steamin willie beamon juice to give Manny lol. As far as him in with top comeptition name a top dog who he can beat? It is what it is...if he eventually fights Foyd i'm puttin my kids thru college with the $ I'm making off his ass whopping lol

with Marquez sure, with Bradley? Not so much. All we do is blame his promoter lol never stopped Arum doing his bullshit.
BrutUalBK
No Manny will not fight Cotto because TR/Bob Arum cannot bully Miguel like the last time into draining his weight down to fight for Cotto's title.

Bob Arum/TR/Pac will go the safe route and that is rematch with Marquez in order to avoid Bradley.
hougigo
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 23 2012, 11:49 AM) *
No Manny will not fight Cotto because TR/Bob Arum cannot bully Miguel like the last time into draining his weight down to fight for Cotto's title.

Bob Arum/TR/Pac will go the safe route and that is rematch with Marquez in order to avoid Bradley.

None of those three fights are safe... especially Marquez or Bradley
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (hougigo @ Aug 23 2012, 12:02 PM) *
None of those three fights are safe... especially Marquez or Bradley

While I agree that none of them are safe; i still believe he'd get the nod again in a close bout with JMM because people still want to see the fight between MP and FMJr. I believe that Bradley will beat Pac even clearer the next time around, Cotto beats him easily at Jr. Mid ASSuming that there isn't a weight penalty for him again!!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 22 2012, 08:08 PM) *

Hard to say that this SHOULD happen at 154 when neither has a belt.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 22 2012, 09:48 PM) *
its not even about the catchweight, its people need to realise that pac has a limit, and at his age he's reached it, he's massively at a disadvantage at 154 no matter what people say, the 1lb catchweight was a joke. His chin has held up so far, but opponents havent been exactly hard hitters and its easier being the hammer not the nail, i want pac out of the 154 weight division plain and simple.

CHUUUCH!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 23 2012, 03:01 PM) *
Hard to say that this SHOULD happen at 154 when neither has a belt.

If it can happen at a catchweight for a belt (the first fight), then it can happen at 54 with no belt. As popular as these two guys are, a title doesn't matter. If anything, the sanctioning bodies will get all happy about this fight, and either strip someone else of their title, or make somebody the retarded diamond belt champ, just to make this one a title fight. laugh.gif
Franchize
I think unless the Arum/Pac camp offers Cotto a huge pay day, there wont be a fight to be made. He's already seen what life is liek on the other side lmao
BoxingStill#1
Cotto Bradley

Pac Marq

This may be the avenue Arum is shootn for
hougigo
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 23 2012, 06:17 PM) *
Cotto Bradley

Pac Marq

This may be the avenue Arum is shootn for

Then what will be PPV on Nov.10th?
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2012, 08:49 AM) *
with Marquez sure, with Bradley? Not so much. All we do is blame his promoter lol never stopped Arum doing his bullshit.

True lol.

I actually hope though, that he demands to sit out and just push for the Mayweather fight. Another L and that fight is down the drain
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 23 2012, 02:13 PM) *
If it can happen at a catchweight for a belt (the first fight), then it can happen at 54 with no belt. As popular as these two guys are, a title doesn't matter. If anything, the sanctioning bodies will get all happy about this fight, and either strip someone else of their title, or make somebody the retarded diamond belt champ, just to make this one a title fight. laugh.gif

Nothing but the truth in this post Shels. These sanctioning bodies aint got no loyalty, except to the almighty dollar.

Cotto aint fighting this dude at no catch weight. If he did I would be surprised and disappointed in Cotto. Manny may be the bigger star of the two but both are coming off losses and Cotto looked better in his fight then Pacquiao did in his. Not to mention the fact that Cotto is a free agent, he can do what he wants. He's in the driver's seat now, no way do I see him even considering the fight if it isn't above 150. He might decide to play hard ball and tell'em he'll fight at a catch weight of 153 lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 22 2012, 10:48 PM) *

Well that should go both ways then. We all know that Miguel has been in many wars, and it would be crazy to ask him to weigh in 4 lbs south of where he's supposed to be fighting and be 3lbs above where he ISN'T supposed to be fighting anymore. Anyhow, you're right about his recent opponents not being hard hitters...thats extended Pac's career a bit longer.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 23 2012, 09:15 PM) *
Nothing but the truth in this post Shels. These sanctioning bodies aint got no loyalty, except to the almighty dollar.

Cotto aint fighting this dude at no catch weight. If he did I would be surprised and disappointed in Cotto. Manny may be the bigger star of the two but both are coming off losses and Cotto looked better in his fight then Pacquiao did in his. Not to mention the fact that Cotto is a free agent, he can do what he wants. He's in the driver's seat now, no way do I see him even considering the fight if it isn't above 150. He might decide to play hard ball and tell'em he'll fight at a catch weight of 153 lol

Ha! I cant disagree with this post. Honestly though, I can see Miguel coming down to 150 to fight Manny...but not this soon. It seems like Cotto is trying to make all the money that he can as a free agent, no problem with that, that's the point.

That said, whatever direction his plan goes (whether he's wins his next few fights or loses them), he can always fight Manny at 150. I agree that 150 is dangerous, but as it's been said, most of Manny's opponent's as of late, have been satisfied with that $5M purse limit.

If Cotto happens to be on the downside of his "free agency" venture (losing fights), then Im sure he'd drain himself to 150 and make that $5M...or end up headlining a FNF card for less than $50k. laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 24 2012, 02:48 AM) *
Well that should go both ways then. We all know that Miguel has been in many wars, and it would be crazy to ask him to weigh in 4 lbs south of where he's supposed to be fighting and be 3lbs above where he ISN'T supposed to be fighting anymore. Anyhow, you're right about his recent opponents not being hard hitters...thats extended Pac's career a bit longer.

Heres the thing, I never wanted Miguel at 154lb, I don't want them to fight for the obvious reason of weight. If they fight, they both should come in what ever weight feels comfortable to them. 154 for Miguel and maybe 150 for Pac?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.