Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timothy Bradley should join the money team
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
hougigo
Okay, so here's my thoughts on the matter

http://thebodyblow.com/?p=478

And I got to say, as a Timothy bradley fan, I really like this happening.
Seriously... after Pacquiao and Marquez... what's left for him there? If he's content with fighting crap opposition like Mike Jones or something like that for the rest of his career.... then oh well. i'll be mad as hell that he's not pursuing the bigger fights for bigger money.
He has the opportunity to make those big fights we always wanted to see and all he has to do is sign on with the Team after he's done with Arum.

Thoughts?
daprofessor
easier said than done. he signed a contract and will be bound to it for a significant amount of time, i'm sure.
hougigo
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 23 2012, 07:48 PM) *
easier said than done. he signed a contract and will be bound to it for a significant amount of time, i'm sure.

Wasn't a short term contract? I thought it was 3-4 fights?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 23 2012, 06:48 PM) *

Especially, since he's seen in a video saying he doesn't like Floyd and doesn't respect him.
hougigo
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 23 2012, 07:57 PM) *
Especially, since he's seen in a video saying he doesn't like Floyd and doesn't respect him.

He's all over his Dick now....at least in recent time
hougigo
QUOTE (hougigo @ Aug 23 2012, 08:01 PM) *
He's all over his Dick now....at least in recent time

Also, I wouldn't put it past Bradley to say things to get on people's good side.
I swear I almost saw him die when he called Manny pacquiao the best P4P boxer in the world. Before he got the fight, did nothing put say nice things.
Right after he beats Pacquiao, he goes on bashing him.
Kratza
QUOTE (hougigo @ Aug 24 2012, 12:34 AM) *
Okay, so here's my thoughts on the matter

http://thebodyblow.com/?p=478

And I got to say, as a Timothy bradley fan, I really like this happening.
Seriously... after Pacquiao and Marquez... what's left for him there? If he's content with fighting crap opposition like Mike Jones or something like that for the rest of his career.... then oh well. i'll be mad as hell that he's not pursuing the bigger fights for bigger money.
He has the opportunity to make those big fights we always wanted to see and all he has to do is sign on with the Team after he's done with Arum.

Thoughts?

He could sign with TMT or Golden Boy, Berto would be a good fight in California

And someone needs to make the picture the blog post into a meme laugh.gif
Cshel86
I believe Tim will stay with TR because it's a secure decision. It's almost like working at an hourly rate and a salary. TR is his salary right now, being the fact that he wanted to be "promoted", and Arum's been in business with the best of them FOREVER...which spells "secure" for Timmy.

Joining TMT, seems to be a bit of a risk in my opinion, especially at Tim's age and his not-so-good promotional past. Of course they have signed some good fighters, and two financial powerhouses are running the company, but with that, comes trial and error.

It's better to go with the constant (TR), rather than the new (and inexperienced) TMT...not saying that TMT cant hold, their won, but again, Tim cant afford to be on the receiving end of promotional errors.

Making "tons of money" is one thing, but guaranteed money is another.
mrchitown
I wouldn't like to see TMT sign Bradley. You can't tell if he likes you or dislikes you. In one sentence he says he hates Mayweather. Now you look at him and he's joined the Mayweather wannabe crew. Every interview he's had since he signed on to fight Manny the 1st time, he been spittin Mayweather quotes. I don't see why TMT would even look his way, but then again if they signed Broner 1 day then they could sign Timmy and make the Mayweather midget fight lol. I like him as a fighter but he should stay with TR, he can't draw flies to sh*t lol. He needs a promoter, like Shels said, that can raise his profile because let's face it only the "hardcore" fans know him and he hasn't had any memorable moments in the ring. AS much as I hate to say it, working with Arum may be his best bet
hougigo
QUOTE (Kratza @ Aug 23 2012, 09:45 PM) *
He could sign with TMT or Golden Boy, Berto would be a good fight in California

And someone needs to make the picture the blog post into a meme laugh.gif

Lol, good idea.... gonna go think of some later!
Franchize
Golden Boy, yes. TMT...no.

It would probably mean that he's not going to get a fight with Floyd. You know how Floyd likes to talk up his fighters. You also know how he likes to embarass his opponents. I don't think it's very easy to do both lol. "Tim Bradley is the future of boxing............ He sucks and I'ma whoop his ass." lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (hougigo @ Aug 23 2012, 07:50 PM) *
Wasn't a short term contract? I thought it was 3-4 fights?

bradley is managed by cameron dunkin. cameron dunkin = toprank

he'll have to get rid of his manager and promoter. i can't see that happening anytime soon.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 23 2012, 10:03 PM) *
I believe Tim will stay with TR because it's a secure decision. It's almost like working at an hourly rate and a salary. TR is his salary right now, being the fact that he wanted to be "promoted", and Arum's been in business with the best of them FOREVER...which spells "secure" for Timmy.

Joining TMT, seems to be a bit of a risk in my opinion, especially at Tim's age and his not-so-good promotional past. Of course they have signed some good fighters, and two financial powerhouses are running the company, but with that, comes trial and error.

It's better to go with the constant (TR), rather than the new (and inexperienced) TMT...not saying that TMT cant hold, their won, but again, Tim cant afford to be on the receiving end of promotional errors.

Making "tons of money" is one thing, but guaranteed money is another.

i get what you're saying in regards to it being safe....but let's be honest. tim is fucked. when was the last time bob arum promoted a black boxer successfully? he had floyd mayweather for years and did shit with him. floyd is arguably the best boxer in the last 30 years and arum pretty much let him sit on the back burner to dlh and others. bob already shitted on timmeh when he saw the public outcry over the pac/bradley decision. i think the best timmeh can hope for at this point is gate keeper. he's not going to be a star. he'll have to take the bhop approach and keep titles to remain relevant, otherwise he'll be an afterthought.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 24 2012, 02:47 PM) *
i get what you're saying in regards to it being safe....but let's be honest. tim is fucked. when was the last time bob arum promoted a black boxer successfully? he had floyd mayweather for years and did shit with him. floyd is arguably the best boxer in the last 30 years and arum pretty much let him sit on the back burner to dlh and others. bob already shitted on timmeh when he saw the public outcry over the pac/bradley decision. i think the best timmeh can hope for at this point is gate keeper. he's not going to be a star. he'll have to take the bhop approach and keep titles to remain relevant, otherwise he'll be an afterthought.

One thing's for sure, Tim will keep getting fights. If you look at it, he wasn't satisfied with Shaw and his lack of exposure as a fighter, so signing with TR was a step up. It's obvious that he wont get a Floyd fight, and he's already landed a Pac fight...so he left with whoever is put in front of him at this point.

Getting the big fight that he just fought, was the pinnacle for him, and unless he just becomes this HUGE PPV attraction overnight...we will get used to seeing him fight the likes of Khan (maybe), Ortiz, Alexander, Rios, Alvarado, M. Jones, Maidana (possibly), Matthysse, Marquez...all of which are not the 1A/1B fighters of the world, and wont go much further than their current level of popularity.

With that said, we expected Timmy to only get this far (with the above mentioned fighters) anyway, and all of these fights can be made with near ease while he's under the TR banner, with exception of a Khan fight. Not only that, but he can be the A-side of these fights (money wise), and Im sure that that's what he wants.

Guys like Tim should and probably knows that he wont reach that Mayweather/Pacquiao level of stardom, and he's pretty good at making the most of the fights that he's put in.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 24 2012, 04:29 PM) *
One thing's for sure, Tim will keep getting fights. If you look at it, he wasn't satisfied with Shaw and his lack of exposure as a fighter, so signing with TR was a step up. It's obvious that he wont get a Floyd fight, and he's already landed a Pac fight...so he left with whoever is put in front of him at this point.

Getting the big fight that he just fought, was the pinnacle for him, and unless he just becomes this HUGE PPV attraction overnight...we will get used to seeing him fight the likes of Khan (maybe), Ortiz, Alexander, Rios, Alvarado, M. Jones, Maidana (possibly), Matthysse, Marquez...all of which are not the 1A/1B fighters of the world, and wont go much further than their current level of popularity.

With that said, we expected Timmy to only get this far (with the above mentioned fighters) anyway, and all of these fights can be made with near ease while he's under the TR banner, with exception of a Khan fight. Not only that, but he can be the A-side of these fights (money wise), and Im sure that that's what he wants.

Guys like Tim should and probably knows that he wont reach that Mayweather/Pacquiao level of stardom, and he's pretty good at making the most of the fights that he's put in.

khan- won't happen. it's a step backwards and he's with gbp

ortiz- won't happen. see above

alexander- i doubt they fight again...and also...see above

rios- possibility but his days are numbered.

alvarado- same thing as rios

m. jones is going to have a long road back. he was already a shaky fighter imo and i don't see him getting to the top anytime soon.

matthysse- won't happen. gbp

marquez- i'd love to see that. very possible.

i agree that he'd be the "a" side with all except for marquez. i like timmeh. i picked him to beat pac. i thought he was wise to take the path he did to get the fight in the first place. even if he did get the rematch with pac and ktfo'd him...you're right, he won't achieve the level of superstardom that pac or floyd enjoy. he can carve out a decent career though. he has the kind of skills that can keep him at top for a long time. if toprank and gbp could put aside their differences and he was able to face and beat half of the list u brought forth...he'll stand head and shoulders above the rest. he already does imo. i'd like to see him come into his own and stop trying to mimic floyd. he has a quality about him that reminds me of hagler in that he can box or brawl. i think he's not reached his peak yet as a fighter. hopefully arum doesn't piss away his career because i think he's a really good fighter.

checkleft

I really don't understand Bradley. He chose to sit out with TR instead of choosing GBP which has most of the fighters in a stacked division in which he was arguably the best young talent. He didn't make very much against manny and now is on the bad end publicly with TR leaning towards a marquez rematch for pac.

I think he screwed up. Since he's been with top rank he had to under par showings, and a questionable decision. Not to mention his attitude has completely changed. Hes throwing out shitty catch phrases like no tomorrow trying to sound like Floyd and is trying to come off with a air headed cocky demeanor. When I first started watching him he had a genuine aspect about him, he was confident but hard working and determined and he let people know in a more believable way. Now it seems like he bought a secondhand packaged swag from the wanna be mayweather thrift store.

I remember he totally mind fucked Alexander in the face off by just being him, this new attitude just isn't him and I think most people aren't buying it. If he doesn't get pac or get a relevant fight soon I think he might go clottey (mia)
hougigo
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 24 2012, 05:52 PM) *
I really don't understand Bradley. He chose to sit out with TR instead of choosing GBP which has most of the fighters in a stacked division in which he was arguably the best young talent. He didn't make very much against manny and now is on the bad end publicly with TR leaning towards a marquez rematch for pac.

I think he screwed up. Since he's been with top rank he had to under par showings, and a questionable decision. Not to mention his attitude has completely changed. Hes throwing out shitty catch phrases like no tomorrow trying to sound like Floyd and is trying to come off with a air headed cocky demeanor. When I first started watching him he had a genuine aspect about him, he was confident but hard working and determined and he let people know in a more believable way. Now it seems like he bought a secondhand packaged swag from the wanna be mayweather thrift store.

I remember he totally mind fucked Alexander in the face off by just being him, this new attitude just isn't him and I think most people aren't buying it. If he doesn't get pac or get a relevant fight soon I think he might go clottey (mia)

He put all his chips in for one shot.
Why have 5 medium fish when you can get the biggest one?
He gambled that he'd fight and beat Pacquiao and he won. The backlash wasn't his fault, people act like he paid the judges off.
Also, he made 5+million with manny and 1 million+ with Casamayor.... that's 3 million a fight he's averaging.... so it's not like his signing was for nothing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.