Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: when will these guys learn!? smh.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
i am a huge fan of the upset. i like canelo. i really don't think much of josesito lopez tbh....but i think i will be cheering him on in hopes of an upset.
Cshel86
Just further indication that he'll more than likely get his ass kicked in route to an upset...same goes for Devon, for calling out Floyd, knowing that he has an old man with strength and nothing to lose in front of him.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 29 2012, 06:17 PM) *
Just further indication that he'll more than likely get his ass kicked in route to an upset...same goes for Devon, for calling out Floyd, knowing that he has an old man with strength and nothing to lose in front of him.

alexander called out floyd? i missed that one...
checkleft
Let me see if I get this straight.. alvarez wants to fight an ACTUAL 154 pounder?
Plah
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 29 2012, 06:59 PM) *
Let me see if I get this straight.. alvarez wants to fight an ACTUAL 154 pounder?

Lol
Plah
Devon's a good tune up for Floyd imo. Here's hoping Josesito doesnt mess things up. I would like to see Cotto vs Canelo on December 1st.
Hotsauce
well we already know who will win the fight if it goes to distance
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 29 2012, 06:42 PM) *
alexander called out floyd? i missed that one...

Yep...a couple of weeks ago. I like Devon, but I hope he didn't screw himself by mentioning Floyd while he has a fight right in front of him.

LMAO!
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 29 2012, 05:59 PM) *

Dead @ this LOL
mgrover
This is what happens when Floyd fights someone that doesn't deserve a shot, and even further when haye got the klit fight. Now just about every fighter with a brain cell wants a pay day
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2012, 07:05 AM) *
This is what happens when Floyd fights someone that doesn't deserve a shot, and even further when haye got the klit fight. Now just about every fighter with a brain cell wants a pay day

Pretty much lol

Now everyone thinks they can talk themselves into a fight ala Haye
checkleft
Looks like cotto is close to making a fight with trout for December. And now marquez is saying the reason pac is taking so long to make a fight is because they are worried about losing the mayweather fight early next year.

Wouldn't surprise me if negotiations for the mayweather fight are going on in silence.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 31 2012, 10:22 PM) *
Looks like cotto is close to making a fight with trout for December. And now marquez is saying the reason pac is taking so long to make a fight is because they are worried about losing the mayweather fight early next year.

Wouldn't surprise me if negotiations for the mayweather fight are going on in silence.

Arum did do an interview this week saying he's spoken to 50 recently
pesticid
Lopez is rangy and I can see how he can trouble Canelo from the outside but I just think Canelo gets better with each fight. The first time I saw him in was against Cotto's brother and since then he's been improving with each fight. The way he punished Tata, Cintron and Mosley. He just toyed with them while breaking them down. That was impressive!
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 2 2012, 06:37 AM) *
The way he punished Tata, Cintron and Mosley. He just toyed with them while breaking them down. That was impressive!

Who couldn't have done that to an old and shot Baldomir, Cintron, and Mosley? And you're impressed with that?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 1 2012, 11:12 PM) *
Arum did do an interview this week saying he's spoken to 50 recently

i read that arum has never spoke to 50
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 2 2012, 02:26 PM) *
i read that arum has never spoke to 50

Could be true, it is Arum we're talking about here. I read it on boxingscene and ESB that he "said" he has had some discussions with 50 about the possibility of the fight since Floyd has been out of jail. I'll wait to see what 50 says
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 2 2012, 03:23 PM) *
Could be true, it is Arum we're talking about here. I read it on boxingscene and ESB that he "said" he has had some discussions with 50 about the possibility of the fight since Floyd has been out of jail. I'll wait to see what 50 says

http://www.examiner.com/article/bob-arum-c...uiao-mayweather
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 2 2012, 12:29 PM) *
Who couldn't have done that to an old and shot Baldomir, Cintron, and Mosley? And you're impressed with that?

I don't know when was the last time you've seen Tata lying on his face in a fight? He's pretty durable guy, I remember him going all 12 against the late Vernon and never being hurt. I don't think anybody's landed as many clean, punishing shots to Mosley's face and body. You saw what his face looked like, right?
Cintron got knocked out twice by Margarito who probably had loaded gloves and he was hitting Tony with everything. Alvarez just played with him and drowned him. Hell yeah I am impressed.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 2 2012, 07:36 PM) *
I don't know when was the last time you've seen Tata lying on his face in a fight? He's pretty durable guy, I remember him going all 12 against the late Vernon and never being hurt. I don't think anybody's landed as many clean, punishing shots to Mosley's face and body. You saw what his face looked like, right?
Cintron got knocked out twice by Margarito who probably had loaded gloves and he was hitting Tony with everything. Alvarez just played with him and drowned him. Hell yeah I am impressed.

Dude, you're putting waaay too much stock into Canelo...seriously.

1. Baldomir is and was too damn old to be taking punches from a big puncher under the age of 21. Hell, it's not like he hasn't taken enough punches throughout his career.
2. I can name a FEW people that landed a lot of clean punches on Mosley. Shane was too old to pull the trigger, and he was there for a paycheck. Actually his face was more swollen after he fought Floyd and Manny.
3. Cintron...well Cintron...fuck him. What has he done since upsetting Angulo? Who DOESN'T hit Margarito with everything?

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trolling. You should really relax on the "being impressed with Canelo" nonsense, or at least keep it to yourself, because anybody with two brain cells to rub together, would know that this dude has been fighting smaller guys and dead bodies for the longest.

You and Canelo's promoters are making something out of nothing. It's really funny how they put this "sweepstakes" label on him, when he has a couple of potential tomato cans lined up...but when a threat or a formidable opponent is brought up, we have to hear crap like, "We're moving him along slowly". And you're impressed? laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 2 2012, 08:30 PM) *

1. Baldomir is and was too damn old to be taking punches from a big puncher under the age of 21. Hell, it's not like he hasn't taken enough punches throughout his career.
2. I can name a FEW people that landed a lot of clean punches on Mosley. Shane was too old to pull the trigger, and he was there for a paycheck. Actually his face was more swollen after he fought Floyd and Manny.
3. Cintron...well Cintron...fuck him. What has he done since upsetting Angulo? Who DOESN'T hit Margarito with everything?

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trolling. You should really relax on the "being impressed with Canelo" nonsense, or at least keep it to yourself, because anybody with two brain cells to rub together, would know that this dude has been fighting smaller guys and dead bodies for the longest.

You and Canelo's promoters are making something out of nothing. It's really funny how they put this "sweepstakes" label on him, when he has a couple of potential tomato cans lined up...but when a threat or a formidable opponent is brought up, we have to hear crap like, "We're moving him along slowly". And you're impressed? laugh.gif

This

People must be blind to think nobody has landed huge punches on mosley, cotto? Dlh? Mayweather? Even margarito was landing on mosley!

And Cintron is freaking garbage!
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 2 2012, 08:30 PM) *

They signed to fight Paul Williams - he got injured
Kirkland didn't want the fight
Miguel Cotto didn't want the fight
I mean Alvarez wants to fight anybody yet you're spinning it like he's dodging guys and I have every right to be impressed with a 21 year old who struggled in the early going against Cotto's brother to have Miguel now hesitant about facing him. I like his aggressive style, his power, his fluid combos and his poise for his age. Nothing wrong with that and it's only trolling cause it goes against your opinion.
pesticid
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 2 2012, 10:57 PM) *
This

People must be blind to think nobody has landed huge punches on mosley, cotto? Dlh? Mayweather? Even margarito was landing on mosley!

And Cintron is freaking garbage!

I watched the fight and I felt sorry for Mosley I had never seen anybody land so many clean shots to his dome and body. FMW landed a lot but mostly head shots. Alvarez just busted him up like a sparring partner and I m sure nobody has landed more punches on Mosley than Alvarez and the way Shane took them just speaks volumes a bout Shane. As much as I dislike Shane for his efforts against Floyd, Pacman and VF 2, he came to fight that night and he got the biggest beating of his career.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 3 2012, 12:16 AM) *
They signed to fight Paul Williams - he got injured
Kirkland didn't want the fight
Miguel Cotto didn't want the fight
I mean Alvarez wants to fight anybody yet you're spinning it like he's dodging guys and I have every right to be impressed with a 21 year old who struggled in the early going against Cotto's brother to have Miguel now hesitant about facing him. I like his aggressive style, his power, his fluid combos and his poise for his age. Nothing wrong with that and it's only trolling cause it goes against your opinion.

Of course they signed Paul Williams to fight him, because everybody in their right mind thought that Paul was done.
1. Kirkland wanted the fight, he just wanted more money than the average brain could compute. If Canelo made about 1.2M (or a little more) against a "name" fighter in Mosley, and he (Mosley) only made $650k, then how much did James REALLY think he was gonna get? He did himself no favors with that requested number.
2. Of course Cotto didn't want the fight. Of course there probably wasn't enough money involved. Mind you, he just made a guaranteed $8M against Floyd, so Im sure there was some type of power struggle when it came to the purse split. So, its not that Cotto didn't want the fight. You're talking like Canelo is the bigger draw of the two...c'mon man, who needs the fight more, Canelo or Cotto? Canelo may be a "bigger star" in Mexico, but to mainstream fans, he's a cockroach compared to Miguel. Hell, if Miguel fought in PR tomorrow, he would sell more than Canelo. That fight not happening, had SHIT to do with fear my man. So stop it.
3. Im not saying that Canelo is dodging guys, its his promoter who is "moving him along slowly". No need to put him in there with guys who will expose him and put miles on his career, when they can match him with lower caliber guys and make him the most money.
4. Your "being impressed with a 21 year old" sounds kinda closet suspect to me. He struggled against a guy who came from 135 to 147 (Jose Cotto) for the first time, but you're impressed with him? Right? Closet homo...
5. Again, your male fantasies about Canelo aren't helping you sir. Like I said in #4, he struggles against a guy JUST came from 135 to 147 to fight him. Of course he was going beat him. Stop it.

It's not trolling because its going against my opinion, you're just vomiting a bunch of baseless horseshit that you're trying to pass as fact. Something about your posts tell me that you dont really read shit about boxing, you just post what every one else pulls out of their asses.

QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 3 2012, 12:19 AM) *
I watched the fight and I felt sorry for Mosley I had never seen anybody land so many clean shots to his dome and body. FMW landed a lot but mostly head shots. Alvarez just busted him up like a sparring partner and I m sure nobody has landed more punches on Mosley than Alvarez and the way Shane took them just speaks volumes a bout Shane. As much as I dislike Shane for his efforts against Floyd, Pacman and VF 2, he came to fight that night and he got the biggest beating of his career.

Did you even watch both of the Wright fights? Just curious...
checkleft
Now its getting ridiculous.. cmon Canelo hasn't even fought a real test.
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 3 2012, 01:06 AM) *
Of course they signed Paul Williams to fight him, because everybody in their right mind thought that Paul was done.
1. Kirkland wanted the fight, he just wanted more money than the average brain could compute. If Canelo made about 1.2M (or a little more) against a "name" fighter in Mosley, and he (Mosley) only made $650k, then how much did James REALLY think he was gonna get? He did himself no favors with that requested number.
2. Of course Cotto didn't want the fight. Of course there probably wasn't enough money involved. Mind you, he just made a guaranteed $8M against Floyd, so Im sure there was some type of power struggle when it came to the purse split. So, its not that Cotto didn't want the fight. You're talking like Canelo is the bigger draw of the two...c'mon man, who needs the fight more, Canelo or Cotto? Canelo may be a "bigger star" in Mexico, but to mainstream fans, he's a cockroach compared to Miguel. Hell, if Miguel fought in PR tomorrow, he would sell more than Canelo. That fight not happening, had SHIT to do with fear my man. So stop it.
3. Im not saying that Canelo is dodging guys, its his promoter who is "moving him along slowly". No need to put him in there with guys who will expose him and put miles on his career, when they can match him with lower caliber guys and make him the most money.
4. Your "being impressed with a 21 year old" sounds kinda closet suspect to me. He struggled against a guy who came from 135 to 147 (Jose Cotto) for the first time, but you're impressed with him? Right? Closet homo...
5. Again, your male fantasies about Canelo aren't helping you sir. Like I said in #4, he struggles against a guy JUST came from 135 to 147 to fight him. Of course he was going beat him. Stop it.

It's not trolling because its going against my opinion, you're just vomiting a bunch of baseless horseshit that you're trying to pass as fact. Something about your posts tell me that you dont really read shit about boxing, you just post what every one else pulls out of their asses.

Did you even watch both of the Wright fights? Just curious...

Wow, you got some real anger issues or smth. I said I was impressed by Canelo's progress and you went on this crazy rant. You didn't even need to reply to me but if my opinion bothers you to such an extent... I really don't feel like getting in a back and forth argument with you.
Hotsauce
naw yall keep going
daprofessor
anyone know the popcorn eating emoticon? laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 3 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Wow, you got some real anger issues or smth. I said I was impressed by Canelo's progress and you went on this crazy rant. You didn't even need to reply to me but if my opinion bothers you to such an extent... I really don't feel like getting in a back and forth argument with you.

Anger issues? How could someone who's "impressed with Canelo", call out anyone else for having any type of issues. Seriously buddy, most of the stuff you post around here, comes STRAIGHT from your ass. It's not a back and forth argument, being that dont even have a leg to stand on. C'mon man, for real?
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 3 2012, 09:30 PM) *
Anger issues? How could someone who's "impressed with Canelo", call out anyone else for having any type of issues. Seriously buddy, most of the stuff you post around here, comes STRAIGHT from your ass. It's not a back and forth argument, being that dont even have a leg to stand on. C'mon man, for real?

For real? You're beneath me - is that real enough for you, never mind...
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 3 2012, 10:15 PM) *
For real? You're beneath me - is that real enough for you, never mind...

Im just wondering how you can say that you're impressed with an untested fighter, who's been fighting lesser opposition. Don't try to please me with bullshit ass feminine, exit phrases like you just posted. You could help me to understand my above concern, or continue impressing us with your silly Canelo logic. Your choice...
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 3 2012, 07:32 PM) *
anyone know the popcorn eating emoticon? laugh.gif

It needs to be added lol. It should have T.O.'s face on the icon lol
sduck
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 3 2012, 10:30 PM) *
Im just wondering how you can say that you're impressed with an untested fighter, who's been fighting lesser opposition. Don't try to please me with bullshit ass feminine, exit phrases like you just posted. You could help me to understand my above concern, or continue impressing us with your silly Canelo logic. Your choice...

Well you can be impressed with his skills, like how people are already impressed with Broner when he hasn't been completely tested either.

But then again Broner did fight Ponce De Leon. I guess that was his biggest test so far.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 6 2012, 09:59 AM) *
Well you can be impressed with his skills, like how people are already impressed with Broner when he hasn't been completely tested either.

But then again Broner did fight Ponce De Leon. I guess that was his biggest test so far.

Good points, I agree. I am impressed with Canelo's skills as well as Broner's (though I feel his is stolen)...it's just the guys that they're fighting. I haven't given Broner any credit for the guys that he's fought, and the same goes for Canelo. Anybody can look against an old windbag or a no-hoper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.