QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 3 2012, 12:16 AM)
They signed to fight Paul Williams - he got injured
Kirkland didn't want the fight
Miguel Cotto didn't want the fight
I mean Alvarez wants to fight anybody yet you're spinning it like he's dodging guys and I have every right to be impressed with a 21 year old who struggled in the early going against Cotto's brother to have Miguel now hesitant about facing him. I like his aggressive style, his power, his fluid combos and his poise for his age. Nothing wrong with that and it's only trolling cause it goes against your opinion.
Of course they signed Paul Williams to fight him, because everybody in their right mind thought that Paul was done.
1. Kirkland wanted the fight, he just wanted more money than the average brain could compute. If Canelo made about 1.2M (or a little more) against a "name" fighter in Mosley, and he (Mosley) only made $650k, then how much did James REALLY think he was gonna get? He did himself no favors with that requested number.
2. Of course Cotto didn't want the fight. Of course there probably wasn't enough money involved. Mind you, he just made a guaranteed $8M against Floyd, so Im sure there was some type of power struggle when it came to the purse split. So, its not that Cotto didn't want the fight. You're talking like Canelo is the bigger draw of the two...c'mon man, who needs the fight more, Canelo or Cotto? Canelo may be a "bigger star" in Mexico, but to mainstream fans, he's a cockroach compared to Miguel. Hell, if Miguel fought in PR tomorrow, he would sell more than Canelo. That fight not happening, had SHIT to do with fear my man. So stop it.
3. Im not saying that Canelo is dodging guys, its his promoter who is "moving him along slowly". No need to put him in there with guys who will expose him and put miles on his career, when they can match him with lower caliber guys and make him the most money.
4. Your "being impressed with a 21 year old" sounds kinda closet suspect to me. He struggled against a guy who came from 135 to 147 (Jose Cotto) for the first time, but you're impressed with him? Right? Closet homo...
5. Again, your male fantasies about Canelo aren't helping you sir. Like I said in #4, he struggles against a guy JUST came from 135 to 147 to fight him. Of course he was going beat him. Stop it.
It's not trolling because its going against my opinion, you're just vomiting a bunch of baseless horseshit that you're trying to pass as fact. Something about your posts tell me that you dont really read shit about boxing, you just post what every one else pulls out of their asses.
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 3 2012, 12:19 AM)
I watched the fight and I felt sorry for Mosley I had never seen anybody land so many clean shots to his dome and body. FMW landed a lot but mostly head shots. Alvarez just busted him up like a sparring partner and I m sure nobody has landed more punches on Mosley than Alvarez and the way Shane took them just speaks volumes a bout Shane. As much as I dislike Shane for his efforts against Floyd, Pacman and VF 2, he came to fight that night and he got the biggest beating of his career.
Did you even watch both of the Wright fights? Just curious...