Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thankful for this upcoming fight schedule!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Whew...I had to get this off of my chest. For starters, this has SHIT to do with any upcoming fights, if you're wondering laugh.gif

This is a huge thanks to all of you guys who take time out of your daily schedules to post some SUBSTANTIAL material in these forums. I know you're wondering, "Damn Cshel, where is this sensitive shit coming from man?"

Its coming from the useless debates (if that's what you want to call them) with these fucksticks on the front page articles. Great articles, shitty posters. Not all of them, there are some pretty good ones.

Majority rules though, and the majority of them are loathsome, bottom-feeding, feeble-minded, shetland ponies, who are either programmed or have suffered a barrage of blows to the head, and doesn't realize that their current mental state is in peril.

Shit, reading and debating with some of them is like trying to tell a mute person, that sign language should NOT be their primary use of communication. Just a bunch batshit, rambling, nonsense about Mayweather and Pacquiao. When a post starts with, ends with, or consists of:

1. Mayweather is scared
2. Why is Mayweather asking for extra testing?
3. The commission doesn't require that testing
4. The fight should be a 50/50
5. Anything concerning that whack ass, Pacquiao/Mosley fight and those dumb PPV numbers and gate figures that Arum pulled out of his ass.
6. "Well back in 2007 after Floyd left the sport"...
7. "Well back in 2009 when Pacquiao"...
8. Manny already agreed to the testing
10. The words "random" and "cut-off date" being justified as a good suggestion

Sorry for the rant, but damn, this is day #2 with me trying to get some simple shit across to zealot posters on the comment section. It's like some fucked up version of Dawn of the Dead, smh...

I know I asked for it by even participating in those dumb ass Mayweather/Pacquiao debates, but shit I appreciated the message board 150k times more than I ever have. It's almost like I was trying to help a citizen in need, and ended up getting kidnapped. From looks of it, I escaped unscathed...just a massive fuckin' headache.

Oh yeah...Im looking forward to these upcoming fights!

daprofessor
i was thinking the exact same thing when i started posting here. i go to other boards and the more time i spend there..the more i appreciate this place. very respectable, knowledgeable and thoughtful posters here. let's keep it that way.

the emotional thing could have something to do with ur glaucoma medicine. that medicine probably also had something to do with u missing #9 on ur list too. laugh.gif
pacco_diablo
Man, I'm not sure I can agree with your #4. I'm against the grain on this one. Yea, I know that statistically speaking Mayweather is the bigger draw but without Pacquiao, this fight doesnt become the highest grossing fight of all time. It's going to take the two of them for that to happen and no other combination is going to work, not anytime soon at least. I think maybe Mayweather is still a bit bitter about coming in second place to De la hoya in their record breaking fight. That's right, pay it forward money-may. That's the only knock I have against my favorite fighter of all time, roy jones jr. These purse splits have robbed us all time and time again.
daprofessor
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Aug 30 2012, 05:04 PM) *
Man, I'm not sure I can agree with your #4. I'm against the grain on this one. Yea, I know that statistically speaking Mayweather is the bigger draw but without Pacquiao, this fight doesnt become the highest grossing fight of all time. It's going to take the two of them for that to happen and no other combination is going to work, not anytime soon at least. I think maybe Mayweather is still a bit bitter about coming in second place to De la hoya in their record breaking fight. That's right, pay it forward money-may. That's the only knock I have against my favorite fighter of all time, roy jones jr. These purse splits have robbed us all time and time again.

i get what ur saying....and i somewhat agree. i would be interested to know what the percentage/purse split looked like in previous mega fights.

the other thing to consider....bob and floyd have bad history. neither is going to bend to the others will. to bob....floyd is the one that got away...and to floyd...bob is the one that held him back. one of them needs to be the bigger man.

with all that said...at this point, i am no longer interested in that fight. it died for me when jmm schooled pac in their last fight. there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that floyd is going to beat the bricks off of pac.
BigFightFan
It's even worse when the topic has nothing to do with Floyd or PAC. I don't even think half the people care why they type, I think they just want to argue.
Cshel86
Yep...#9 is missing...any can feel free to add their suggestions for that one. Oh yeah Professor, Im fresh out of my "meds" at the moment laugh.gif

Anyway, at least we all can agree to disagree and/or respectfully bump heads, and be logical about it in the same breath. Those cats on the comments section spew of hate and racism, like its nobody's business. Then, after you start hitting them with hardcore facts, they just regurgitate a bunch of nonsense about somebody ducking the other person.

I tend to forget that, for the most part, we are hardcore fans on this message board. Those dudes out there just want to see a damn fight, and get mad because it hasn't happened yet.

I honestly believe that Floyd should get the bigger split. He's a big draw, he's generated a lot of money, he's still undefeated, and he's the one that the most of the world wants to see get his ass kicked. I believe that's reason enough to get the bigger split, that's just me though. Lol

I really didn't open this thread to talk about that fight, but hell, nobody here's a screwball or a raging troll, no I wont sweat it. Im just mentioning how easy it is to have a discussion here, rather than the front page.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 30 2012, 08:40 PM) *
Yep...#9 is missing...any can feel free to add their suggestions for that one. Oh yeah Professor, Im fresh out of my "meds" at the moment laugh.gif

Anyway, at least we all can agree to disagree and/or respectfully bump heads, and be logical about it in the same breath. Those cats on the comments section spew of hate and racism, like its nobody's business. Then, after you start hitting them with hardcore facts, they just regurgitate a bunch of nonsense about somebody ducking the other person.

I tend to forget that, for the most part, we are hardcore fans on this message board. Those dudes out there just want to see a damn fight, and get mad because it hasn't happened yet.

I honestly believe that Floyd should get the bigger split. He's a big draw, he's generated a lot of money, he's still undefeated, and he's the one that the most of the world wants to see get his ass kicked. I believe that's reason enough to get the bigger split, that's just me though. Lol

I really didn't open this thread to talk about that fight, but hell, nobody here's a screwball or a raging troll, no I wont sweat it. Im just mentioning how easy it is to have a discussion here, rather than the front page.

speaking of spewing hatred and racism....anyone following the republicant national convention?
Plah
Very nice post. That's why I never read the comments sections of the articles. Shit is unreadable/unwatchable most of the time.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 30 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Whew...I had to get this off of my chest. For starters, this has SHIT to do with any upcoming fights, if you're wondering laugh.gif

This is a huge thanks to all of you guys who take time out of your daily schedules to post some SUBSTANTIAL material in these forums. I know you're wondering, "Damn Cshel, where is this sensitive shit coming from man?"

Its coming from the useless debates (if that's what you want to call them) with these fucksticks on the front page articles. Great articles, shitty posters. Not all of them, there are some pretty good ones.

Majority rules though, and the majority of them are loathsome, bottom-feeding, feeble-minded, shetland ponies, who are either programmed or have suffered a barrage of blows to the head, and doesn't realize that their current mental state is in peril.

Shit, reading and debating with some of them is like trying to tell a mute person, that sign language should NOT be their primary use of communication. Just a bunch batshit, rambling, nonsense about Mayweather and Pacquiao. When a post starts with, ends with, or consists of:

1. Mayweather is scared
2. Why is Mayweather asking for extra testing?
3. The commission doesn't require that testing
4. The fight should be a 50/50
5. Anything concerning that whack ass, Pacquiao/Mosley fight and those dumb PPV numbers and gate figures that Arum pulled out of his ass.
6. "Well back in 2007 after Floyd left the sport"...
7. "Well back in 2009 when Pacquiao"...
8. Manny already agreed to the testing
10. The words "random" and "cut-off date" being justified as a good suggestion

Sorry for the rant, but damn, this is day #2 with me trying to get some simple shit across to zealot posters on the comment section. It's like some fucked up version of Dawn of the Dead, smh...

I know I asked for it by even participating in those dumb ass Mayweather/Pacquiao debates, but shit I appreciated the message board 150k times more than I ever have. It's almost like I was trying to help a citizen in need, and ended up getting kidnapped. From looks of it, I escaped unscathed...just a massive fuckin' headache.

Oh yeah...Im looking forward to these upcoming fights!

Round of a Fucking Plause man! Thank You! I have to admit though, I nearly pissed my pants in laughter when you said shetland ponies laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2012, 10:03 PM) *
speaking of spewing hatred and racism....anyone following the republicant national convention?

I saw that bullshit last night...truthfully, Im hard pressed to take sides, when it comes to politics...nobody's 100% percent honest. Sort of reminds of boxing politics...learning to make the most of shitty business decisions.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2012, 10:03 PM) *

Nah, I didn't bother. Nothing new there. Basically the same line since day one, just more obvious now. I'm just surprised that the African-American speakers weren't pelted with peanuts too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.