Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: two things concern me about this pic...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor

1. the bumps and bruises

2. the roundness of his face (he only has 2 weeks left to prepare)
daprofessor
is it just me....or does he have a look of worry in his eyes?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2012, 10:11 PM) *

Dont worry, he'll shed those last few lbs the day before the fight...very risky, but he'll do it. Im sure he has mad miles on those kidneys of his though. no2.gif
Plah
Going to get schooled.
checkleft
God Damn who has he been sparring?
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2012, 09:11 PM) *

1. the bumps and bruises

That's not good, definitely not good. I wonder who his sparring partners are, and the roundness of his face is very telling as well. I think win or lose he should move up to 168 after this fight.

Where did you get the pic from professor?
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 30 2012, 10:24 PM) *
Dont worry, he'll shed those last few lbs the day before the fight...very risky, but he'll do it. Im sure he has mad miles on those kidneys of his though. no2.gif

You know his kidneys are like, "AWW HELL NO, NOT DIS BULLSHEEIT AGAIN !"
mgrover
Picked up the bruise in a stripper brawl
Hotsauce
he looks fat
Franchize
He does look fat but more importantly, he looks like he has some vessel damage in his left eye.
pimpfighterROQ
bitch looks like he just woke up from a hangover. Like in the movie. Expect excuses soon! This boy will be chuggin on Furosemides before the weigh in.
Hotsauce
dude gon be 200 pounds on fight night
BoxingStill#1
A chubby chavez only plays to his advantage I think

As for the shiner, daddy prolly got mad and beat his ass..
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2012, 08:03 AM) *
Picked up the bruise in a stripper brawl

Not a bad place to get a bruise...better that, than getting it at the bar, from some drunk loser with a country fried steak gut.

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Aug 31 2012, 10:21 AM) *
bitch looks like he just woke up from a hangover.

laugh.gif

What's up Pimp! It's been a while man.
flazi
nothing lasix can't fix. don't expect a prefight urine sample.
mgrover
Any one know if ariza is still strength and conditioning coach
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 31 2012, 04:45 PM) *
Any one know if ariza is still strength and conditioning coach

I think he's been out since the Lee fight.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 31 2012, 05:18 PM) *
I think he's been out since the Lee fight.

Hmm I wonder if this will affect him. I saw some differences in khans body after dropping ariza, he looked a little wider up top and a little flabbier than usual. Usually he's pretty cut up
pesticid
I think Ariza is back with him, I read it somewhere in an interview, it could`ve been an article from ringtv. I wouldn`t be too concerned about the roundness of his face, this is after a workout, he`s probably dehydrated so your face will look more puffy. martinez destroys him either way.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 31 2012, 06:22 PM) *
Hmm I wonder if this will affect him. I saw some differences in khans body after dropping ariza, he looked a little wider up top and a little flabbier than usual. Usually he's pretty cut up

I agree, Amir looked very top heavy...the same thing he was talking about with Zab in their fight last year. JCC jr needs all the conditioning he can get
mrchitown
QUOTE (pesticid @ Aug 31 2012, 07:02 PM) *
I think Ariza is back with him, I read it somewhere in an interview, it could`ve been an article from ringtv. I wouldn`t be too concerned about the roundness of his face, this is after a workout, he`s probably dehydrated so your face will look more puffy. martinez destroys him either way.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-reuni...nez-bout--55190

Your correct.

The only issue I have with the puffiness of his face is that most fighters don't have the issues with coming down in weight like he does
wolterb
chavez is looking like fat elvis...he'll need the good fred roach to pour whiskey down his gullet in the later rounds. martinez looking like hes got the cubpoards stocked with v8
pesticid
Guys, is it me or was the Pavlik that fought Martinez better than Chavez? I know styles make fights but Pavlik seemed to have the perfect style: stiff long jab, power in the right hand, cutting off the ring real well, activity, tough and great size and he still got torn to shreds. So hcavez got size, whiskers and activity but he doesn't have much power upstairs, can't cut the ring too well, no jab and even weaker defense than Pavlik. How the heck do I pick against Martinez who I think has gotten better especially since the ko of PWill?
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 1 2012, 04:42 PM) *
Guys, is it me or was the Pavlik that fought Martinez better than Chavez?

I believe that was the "Pre Betty Ford" Pavlik that wasn't far removed from a shit-faced binge. Any MW would be better than that Pavlik that showed up that night.
daprofessor
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 1 2012, 04:42 PM) *
Guys, is it me or was the Pavlik that fought Martinez better than Chavez? I know styles make fights but Pavlik seemed to have the perfect style: stiff long jab, power in the right hand, cutting off the ring real well, activity, tough and great size and he still got torn to shreds. So hcavez got size, whiskers and activity but he doesn't have much power upstairs, can't cut the ring too well, no jab and even weaker defense than Pavlik. How the heck do I pick against Martinez who I think has gotten better especially since the ko of PWill?

pavlik doesn't cut off the ring...that's what gave him trouble with martinez. he also doesn't go to the body the way chavez does. i think he's developed a good jab and half decent defense. chavez is bigger and stronger than williams and has more power at the weight.

martinez isn't going to have an easy time.

Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 1 2012, 09:16 PM) *
pavlik doesn't cut off the ring...that's what gave him trouble with martinez. he also doesn't go to the body the way chavez does. i think he's developed a good jab and half decent defense. chavez is bigger and stronger than williams and has more power at the weight.

Exactly! There are gonna be some heartbroken Sergio fans that night.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 08:29 PM) *
Exactly! There are gonna be some heartbroken Sergio fans that night.

belee dat
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 1 2012, 10:43 PM) *
belee dat

laugh.gif

I had to read that twice...now I get it! Lol
pesticid
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 1 2012, 09:16 PM) *

Chavez generates power by getting close via crouching and unloading hooks to the body and head. Let's see if this basic approach of his will actually work. Cause that's all he does one dementia
Franchize
I dont thnk Chavez ill make weight and i dont think anyone will be able to do anything about it. Theyll buy Martinez off and itll get swept under the rug. I wanna see what the ringsize is. If its that sae shit Chavez fought Lee in, Martinez is gonna go night night. That thing looked like the old WWF wring I had with the old school rubberized wrestlers that I'd chew on when I was bored lol My daughter's bedroom is bigger than that ring by far.
Plah
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 2 2012, 08:26 PM) *
I dont thnk Chavez ill make weight and i dont think anyone will be able to do anything about it. Theyll buy Martinez off and itll get swept under the rug. I wanna see what the ringsize is. If its that sae shit Chavez fought Lee in, Martinez is gonna go night night. That thing looked like the old WWF wring I had with the old school rubberized wrestlers that I'd chew on when I was bored lol My daughter's bedroom is bigger than that ring by far.

LOL
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 2 2012, 07:26 PM) *

LMAO
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 2 2012, 08:26 PM) *

LMAO! Never a dull moment with a Franchize post!
daprofessor
i had a conversation with a friend who brought up the point that martinez was taking the fight seriously and his training reflected that....and that chavez appeared to be bullshitting with his training. doing mitt routines at 2 am in someone's backyard cook out or some shit. laugh.gif there is some obvious influence from floyd on chavez...and that may be what that's about, but i don't think chavez is slacking. nor do i think he's taking this fight lightly. martinez, because of his advanced age...has to calculate everything perfectly otherwise he's in deep shit. chavez has youth on his side and therefore can afford to make some mistakes. nothing about the 24/7 has swayed my opinion about how this fight is going to go. early....martinez has to get his respect and take a little something out of chavez. back him up and put fear in him. if not, expect chavez to walk martinez down....cutting the ring...forcing exchanges...going to the body religiously and eventually wearing the older man down and out.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 03:24 AM) *
i had a conversation with a friend who brought up the point that martinez was taking the fight seriously and his training reflected that....and that chavez appeared to be bullshitting with his training. doing mitt routines at 2 am in someone's backyard cook out or some shit. laugh.gif there is some obvious influence from floyd on chavez...and that may be what that's about, but i don't think chavez is slacking. nor do i think he's taking this fight lightly. martinez, because of his advanced age...has to calculate everything perfectly otherwise he's in deep shit. chavez has youth on his side and therefore can afford to make some mistakes. nothing about the 24/7 has swayed my opinion about how this fight is going to go. early....martinez has to get his respect and take a little something out of chavez. back him up and put fear in him. if not, expect chavez to walk martinez down....cutting the ring...forcing exchanges...going to the body religously and eventually wearing the older man down and out.

So much smoke and mirrors from Julio's side, that it makes no sense. Sergio is clear, cut, and straight to the point...but going for that knockout can go wrong. I still feel like Sergio's 15 mins are up, that's just my opinion though.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 4 2012, 09:08 PM) *
So much smoke and mirrors from Julio's side, that it makes no sense. Sergio is clear, cut, and straight to the point...but going for that knockout can go wrong. I still feel like Sergio's 15 mins are up, that's just my opinion though.

that's a great way of putting it. there were things that were very obvious to me....chavez was sparring at night....he was training at his crib....roach was "on call" and he seemed pissed. it's obvious he has zero control over jr and is just there for the ride. alex ariza is back....and jr's mexican trainers are shit. some of the worst mitt work i've ever seen. his sparring partners looked nothing like martinez. i heard that vanes was sparring him. i must have been misinformed. now that i've typed all of this out...i'm starting to rethink my pick. laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 09:26 PM) *
that's a great way of putting it. there were things that were very obvious to me....chavez was sparring at night....he was training at his crib....roach was "on call" and he seemed pissed. it's obvious he has zero control over jr and is just there for the ride. alex ariza is back....and jr's mexican trainers are shit. some of the worst mitt work i've ever seen. his sparring partners looked nothing like martinez. i heard that vanes was sparring him. i must have been misinformed. now that i've typed all of this out...i'm starting to rethink my pick. laugh.gif

Haha better call your bookie
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 4 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Haha better call your bookie

man...that dude....i swear he fucks with me. when i don't want to bet on a fight he'll call me to let me know what the odds are and i end up betting on some shit i didn't plan on betting on. of course i end up losing in those situations. but when i know i got the shit right....i.e. khan/garcia....pac/bradley...etc..he won't take my calls. i need a new bookie. laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 5 2012, 03:00 PM) *
man...that dude....i swear he fucks with me. when i don't want to bet on a fight he'll call me to let me know what the odds are and i end up betting on some shit i didn't plan on betting on. of course i end up losing in those situations. but when i know i got the shit right....i.e. khan/garcia....pac/bradley...etc..he won't take my calls. i need a new bookie. laugh.gif

Lmfao!
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 30 2012, 09:11 PM) *

1. the bumps and bruises

If it's one thing I've learned in all my years sparring and being in the ring/gym and that is that once you start getting swollen around the eyes it gets easier to begin that process over and over again, if I'm Martinez I'm mauling that area the entire fight with jabs, the top and side of my head and even using my shoulders to agitate and inflame it.

After 4 rounds of pounding from Sergio we will start to see the eye swelling and closing if he has a consistent attack on it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 6 2012, 08:22 PM) *
If it's one thing I've learned in all my years sparring and being in the ring/gym and that is that once you start getting swollen around the eyes it gets easier to begin that process over and over again, if I'm Martinez I'm mauling that area the entire fight with jabs, the top and side of my head and even using my shoulders to agitate and inflame it.

After 4 rounds of pounding from Sergio we will start to see the eye swelling and closing if he has a consistent attack on it.

part of it is that he's wearing a cheap ass headgear. he needs to go ahead and invest in a quality headgear. doesn't make sense...he got all that money....can't swing for a good headgear.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2012, 08:07 PM) *
part of it is that he's wearing a cheap ass headgear. he needs to go ahead and invest in a quality headgear. doesn't make sense...he got all that money....can't swing for a good headgear.

He spends it all on food
mgrover
One thing that keeps making me go wtf, is why do south paws have the constant need to stand square, i even do it at times, yet orthodox fighters can stand perfectly easily, is it just the mechanics of it?
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 6 2012, 09:25 PM) *
One thing that keeps making me go wtf, is why do south paws have the constant need to stand square, i even do it at times, yet orthodox fighters can stand perfectly easily, is it just the mechanics of it?

Me my bro are orthodox and we square up a lot too. I use it to bait my brother just picked it up from me I guess cause he fights nothing like me
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2012, 09:27 PM) *
He spends it all on food

backyard cookouts for the homies in east l.a. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 6 2012, 10:25 PM) *

there used to be a belief that southpaws were a product of the devil so they killed u guys. laugh.gif

on a serious note...it's about wanting to land that left hand...trying to get in position to throw it, the target is farther away so hence the squaring up.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2012, 08:21 PM) *
there used to be a belief that southpaws were a product of the devil so they killed u guys. laugh.gif

on a serious note...it's about wanting to land that left hand...trying to get in position to throw it, the target is farther away so hence the squaring up.

its fine am fluent in both, although i never see orthodox fighters having the same issue when trying to land the right against a southpaw
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2012, 09:27 PM) *
He spends it all on food

Is 'food' a code word for an 8-ball?
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 8 2012, 12:32 AM) *
Is 'food' a code word for an 8-ball?

I don't think he would have a weight problem if that were it.. might work if it was a code word for that pineapple express
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.