Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FighthypeUK:Tony Bellew Interview; Weekend in Boxing; Darren Barker interview
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
FightHype UK's articles:

WEEKEND IN BOXING: 1ST & 2ND SEPTEMBER- STURM/GEALE; GOLOVKIN/PROSKA; DZINZIRUK/GONZALEZ; JOYI/RODRIGUEZ; ROBLES/HERRERA; CHAGAEV/KREISKOTT
- Saturday's got quite a few matches.

-Weekend in Boxing - Germany, America, Puerto Rico and Mexico

(VIDEO) TONY BELLEW SPEAKS ON MIRANDA, TRAINING, AND FUTURE TARGETS
- Tony Bellew video interview

(VIDEO) CARL FROCH MEDIA WORKOUT FOOTAGE
The Cobra trains.

(VIDEO) KELL BROOK SENDS MESSAGE TO SALDIVIA, TALKS TRAINING CAMP CHANGES AND PREDICTS ALEXANDER VS BAILEY
Kell Brook video interview.

Purdy ready to burst onto the World scene
Lee Purdy - Welterweight on the verge of stardom?

(VIDEO)CARL FROCH TALKS LUCIAN BUTE, ANDRE WARD VS CHAD DAWSON, JOE CALZAGHE AND HIS LEGACY
Carl Froch video interview

(VIDEO) DARREN BARKER SPEAKS ON INJURY, MURRAY, MACKLIN AND GIVES HIS CHAVEZ JR VS MARTINEZ PREDICITION
Darren Barker video interview
Cshel86
Ready for the Sturm fight! He tends to bore me, until he explodes and throws punches...reminds me of Clottey. I watched his fight with Macklin a couple of days ago...I feel like Macklin edged it by 115-133. Sturm just wasn't busy enough for me, but when he threw punches...they landed convincingly! I heard that Geale wasn't a bum...so this one should be good!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 12:26 PM) *
Ready for the Sturm fight! He tends to bore me, until he explodes and throws punches...reminds me of Clottey. I watched his fight with Macklin a couple of days ago...I feel like Macklin edged it by 115-133. Sturm just wasn't busy enough for me, but when he threw punches...they landed convincingly! I heard that Geale wasn't a bum...so this one should be good!

Yup, looking forward to it too. The card starts at 2.30, but the main event probably won't be on until 4-5ish. Ruslan Chagaev's fighting too, but his opponent fits the tomato can profile...

I'm going to hit the gym first and tune in around 3.30-4.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 1 2012, 12:43 PM) *
Yup, looking forward to it too. The card starts at 2.30, but the main event probably won't be on until 4-5ish. Ruslan Chagaev's fighting too, but his opponent fits the tomato can profile...

I'm going to hit the gym first and tune in around 3.30-4.

Cool!

Wait a minute...did you just say, "hit the gym"?! Are there gyms up there on Mars? What ever happened to the "no gravity" rule up there? Im lost...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 02:34 PM) *
Cool!

Wait a minute...did you just say, "hit the gym"?! Are there gyms up there on Mars? What ever happened to the "no gravity" rule up there? Im lost...

Ha!! Yeah man, you read correctly. Science sorted out the gravity issue a long time ago.

The main event looks like it'll be starting soon. Not sure if it's the next one or not.

My German from school is beyond rusty, but here we go "Das boxen habt beginnen!"
Cshel86
Damn stream is skipping, smh...

I feel like Geale edged the 1st round.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:14 PM) *
Damn stream is skipping, smh...

Rd. 1. I didn't check their height before, but Sturm looks taller and was the better jabber initially, but Geale did some work just now. Close round, but Sturm took it.

Still skipping?

Rd. 2 - starting off very nicely. Both guys actively trading, but still using the jab.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Rd. 1. I didn't check their height before, but Sturm looks taller and was the better jabber initially, but Geale'sdid some work just now. Close round, but Sturm took it.

Still skipping?

Yes he does look taller.

Yes its still skipping...not as much though...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:21 PM) *
Yes he does look taller.

Yes its still skipping...not as much though...

So far Rd. 2's pretty nice. Close round. I'm scoring that one a draw. What about you?
Cshel86
That was a good 2nd round...gave it Sturm. Any time Sturm presses the action, he makes it easy to score rounds. When he usually fights in spurts...he makes shit hard for the judges.

PS: This crowd is killing me...waaaay too loud for punches that are hardly landing.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:24 PM) *
That was a good 2nd round...gave it Sturm. Any time Sturm presses the action, he makes it easy to score rounds. When he usually fights in spurts...he makes shit hard for the judges.

PS: This crowd is killing me...waaaay too loud for punches that are hardly landing.

Fair enough. I scored that round a draw. I muted the volume.

Rd. 3 - nice uppercut by Sturm.

Rd. 4 - Sturm definitely leading in this round. Working nicely behind the jab and following up with nice right hands.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:25 PM) *
Fair enough. I scored that round a draw. I muted the volume.

Rd. 3 - nice uppercut by Sturm.

I gave Sturm the 3rd round, though Geale caught him with those big shots at the end of the round.
Cshel86
Not sure how to score that 4th round...this is what sucks about watching Sturm fights...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:31 PM) *
Not sure how to score that 4th round...this is what sucks about watching Sturm fights...

I thought that Sturm definitely won the fourth. He used the jab quite well and followed up with nice right hands.

No body work by either guy.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:31 PM) *

I stepped away and missed that wicked right hand by Geale. These guys are definitely here to fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:32 PM) *
I thought that Sturm definitely won the fourth. He used the jab quite well and followed up with nice right hands.

No body work by either guy.

I have it 1 round for Geale and 4 for Sturm...though two of those rounds were a bit close to me. So maybe 3 rounds to 2 for Sturm.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:36 PM) *
I have it 1 round for Geale and 4 for Sturm...though two of those rounds were a bit close to me. So maybe 3 rounds to 2 for Sturm.

Basically the same here, except I scored one of those rounds a draw. Geale's only won one round, but as you said they've been close.
Cheesey1
Rd. 7 - Now they're finally doing some bodywork. Geale's doing most of it. He should stay with it. I gave him that round.
Cshel86
Nice 7th round. Sturm is fucked...dude has been in waaay too many tough fights as of late. Im sure he'll get the decision here, but WTF?
Cheesey1
Rd. 8 - So far Geale's ahead in this round, but as you said, Sturm shows some explosiveness and that jab still looks strong.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:44 PM) *
Nice 7th round. Sturm is fucked...dude has been in waaay too many tough fights as of late. Im sure he'll get the decision here, but WTF?

Yup, he looks gassed.
Cshel86
I agve the 8th to Geale. Sturm landed some eye-catching shots, but Geale had his ass all over that ring.

These nuthugging announcers are killing me!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:49 PM) *
I agve the 8th to Geale. Sturm landed some eye-catching shots, but Geale had his ass all over that ring.

These nuthugging announcers are killing me!

Agreed. The 9th just ended. 4 rounds to Sturm, 3 to Geale and one a draw. The 9th was close.

What you got?

I left it muted.
Cheesey1
So far Sturm's doing the better work in the 10th round. Landed a few combos.

Wow, nice left from Sturm.
Cheesey1
Rd. 11. Nice right by Sturm, but good activity from Geale.
Cshel86
Fuck it, I give up. Both of these streams are pissing me off! Fuuuuck!!!

I'll hang around for the decision...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 05:59 PM) *
Fuck it, I give up. Both of these streams are pissing me off! Fuuuuck!!!

I'll hang around for the decision...

Did you try all of the usual suspects? Mine's smooth as silk.

Rd. 12- This is why I can understand when judges' scoring seems off . It can be very subjective. I've got Sturm just edging the bout, but I can see Geale having a valid argument.
Cshel86
Did Geale just rock Sturm during the last few seconds? Did Sturm fight like he needed that last round? Is that what this punk ass stream just allowed me to see? Looked like a desperation round to me.

This announcer sounds like he's in a state of panic right now. Maybe its just his accent though. Lol
Cheesey1
Judges scores: 116-112 Sturm; 116-112 Geale; 116-112 Geale.

The scores were a bit wide for me, but I can understand Geale winning. Congrats to Geale.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 06:04 PM) *
Did Geale just rock Sturm during the last few seconds? Did Sturm fight like he needed that last round? Is that what this punk ass stream just allowed me to see? Looked like a desperation round to me.

This announcer sounds like he's in a state of panic right now. Maybe its just his accent though. Lol

Ha! The panic's because Geale won. Split decision.
Cshel86
Wow! Geale took that! He fought like a mad man though. Now...somewhere out there...Macklin has destroyed his television in agony.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 06:10 PM) *
Wow! Geale took that! He fought like a mad man though. Now...somewhere out there...Macklin has destroyed his television in agony.

Ha!
Cheesey1
Looking forward to more 160lb action on HBO tonight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 1 2012, 06:15 PM) *
Ha!

I may be hitting the streets this evening (fingers crossed), but if not, I'll be here to catch this no-hoper HBO card, which could result in being a big night of boxing.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 06:18 PM) *
I may be hitting the streets this evening (fingers crossed), but if not, I'll be here to catch this no-hoper HBO card, which could result in being a big night of boxing.

We run the streets!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 1 2012, 09:50 PM) *
We run the streets!

LMAO! Only you Cheesey...only you...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 1 2012, 09:56 PM) *
LMAO! Only you Cheesey...only you...

Luckily the rest of my family was spared my mental issues.
I was in the HBO thread, I'm heading back over there.
Cheesey1
These guys are tiny. Solid technique by Joyi. Rd. 4 and he's won the first three. Rodriguez has his moments and definitely hasn't given up. He's advancing, but getting hit for his troubles. Joyi's done very balanced work though. Head and body like clockwork.
Cheesey1
What a turn of events! Rodriguez gets the stoppage. As they say, pressure bursts pipes.
Cheesey1
Edgardo Lopez vs. Gadiel Andaluz. Mad 6th round. Missed some of the rounds, Andaluz scored the knock down in the 6th, but Lopez actually kept egging him on.
Cheesey1
Miguel Robles vs.Juan Herrera.

Rd. 7 - Missed some of the earlier rounds but Herrera is still in this one. He arguably won the first minute of this round. Decent jabs. Robles looks fresher than Herrera and seems to be doing the most damage.

Rd. 8 - Herrera's accuracy's on point. Robles can still hurt him, but Herrera's been using his ring IQ and IMO certainly won the 7th and possibly the 8th (8th was much closer though - if not Herrera in that round, then a draw).

Rd. 10 -Since I missed the earlier rounds I'm not sure if they were all Robles, but Herrera's been very solid since the 5th/6th. Quiet 10th.

They usually say the scores in English too, not this time. Robles gets what sounded like a split decision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.