Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mathysse vs Olusegun...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Anybody agree that this one will be a war? If you haven't seen Olusegun fight, then you may want to check out his previous fight last August on ShoBox against Chebah.

This one will be as nasty as either fighter allows it to be....meaning that if, both guys decide to exchange, then we'll have a guaranteed war on our hands.

Thoughts?
checkleft
I love watching matthysse fight. He is a very strong puncher and I think an underratted tactician, but this is gonna be a tough fight for him. I hope he pulls this out because many will argue olusegun is more deserving of a title shot but I think matthysse is long overdue and him and Danny (if he wins) will make for a hell of a fight.
Sunni6Killer
Ajose is getting stopped.
Easily gets hit + Matthysse's power = Good night sweet prince.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 6 2012, 08:43 AM) *
Anybody agree that this one will be a war? If you haven't seen Olusegun fight, then you may want to check out his previous fight last August on ShoBox against Chebah.

This one will be as nasty as either fighter allows it to be....meaning that if, both guys decide to exchange, then we'll have a guaranteed war on our hands.

Thoughts?

Your thoughts were my initial thoughts, this will be a brutal war, neither man will back up, it's all about who can take it and still give it out and remain standing. I'm looking forward to this bout.

4th of July will come early and the fireworks will be poppin!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 6 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Your thoughts were my initial thoughts, this will be a brutal war, neither man will back up, it's all about who can take it and still give it out and remain standing. I'm looking forward to this bout.

4th of July will come early and the fireworks will be poppin!!

Shit, you aint lyin'! As someone mentioned earlier, Ajose does get hit quite often, but so does Matthysse. Ajose is actually quick enough to catch Lucas, and vice versa. I think Matthysse may be able to take a better punch, but we will see. As you said, neither man will back up.
checkleft
I'm starting to change my mind. My confidence in matthysse is growing as I started watching more and more ajose fights. This guy has been fight very very very weak competition its ridiculous. After watching his last fight I started digging deeper and he has fought either extremely green or very shitty competition. With 30 fights and for all the stuff he talks I expected him to he fighting better opponents. He hasn't fought anyone like matthysse or like matthysse' competition... He just took a very big hop in class and I'm not sure he's gonna be able to take it. Soto is no pushover and he got punished, and Lucas has fought fast guys like Judah Alexander and corley. Idk if ajose is getting his title shot, looks like he's full of soft touches to me.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2012, 09:34 PM) *
I'm starting to change my mind. My confidence in matthysse is growing as I started watching more and more ajose fights. This guy has been fight very very very weak competition its ridiculous. After watching his last fight I started digging deeper and he has fought either extremely green or very shitty competition. With 30 fights and for all the stuff he talks I expected him to he fighting better opponents. He hasn't fought anyone like matthysse or like matthysse' competition... He just took a very big hop in class and I'm not sure he's gonna be able to take it. Soto is no pushover and he got punished, and Lucas has fought fast guys like Judah Alexander and corley. Idk if ajose is getting his title shot, looks like he's full of soft touches to me.

I'm looking forward to this one big time, but I agree with what you said about the difference in competition. I've actually only watched one of Ajose's fights, but Matthyse to me is very susceptible to a beat down if you don't play his game, like most brawler type fighters. The only thing is that you can't just run, he's a good enough boxer to make the ring even smaller. I think that if Zab, or Devon had fought more intelligently and really worked the body, as well as the outside work, they would've clearly won. Matthysse should win this though. If Ajose's strong enough, has a good plan including intelligent D, then maybe he can whoop Matthysse - we'll find out tonight!
mgrover
the fights tomorrow isnt it Cheesey?
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 7 2012, 03:37 PM) *
I'm looking forward to this one big time, but I agree with what you said about the difference in competition. I've actually only watched one of Ajose's fights, but Matthyse to me is very susceptible to a beat down if you don't play his game, like most brawler type fighters. The only thing is that you can't just run, he's a good enough boxer to make the ring even smaller. I think that if Zab, or Devon had fought more intelligently and really worked the body, as well as the outside work, they would've clearly won. Matthysse should win this though. If Ajose's strong enough, has a good plan including intelligent D, then maybe he can whoop Matthysse - we'll find out tonight!

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 7 2012, 05:06 PM) *

started the fight party a little early? Haha and they say boxing is dying
daprofessor
didn't realize this was on tomorrow! my weekend is getting better and better! laugh.gif
Cshel86
The good thing about this card, is that I'll probably be able to catch the majority (if not all) of it. I just saw who J'Leon Love's opponent is, which looks like somebody that they picked out the crowd, rather than a real fighter.

With that in mind, that bout shouldn't under 4 rounds of its 10 rounds. On HBO, they're more than likely going to replay the Klitz fight about at the beginning of the Ward/Dawson card, which I will more than likely have watched earlier that day.

That gives me enough time to watch some, if not all, of Matthysse/Ajose, depending on how it all plays out. I love boxing, I dont like flipping from channel to channel like this.

Reminds me of how we used to have to share the television with my dad back in the day. Dude used to flip back and forth like a motherfucker. He had it timed when he started flipping, but the further into a program on one channel, his timing got worse. Used to piss us off dearly no2.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 7 2012, 08:17 PM) *
The good thing about this card, is that I'll probably be able to catch the majority (if not all) of it. I just saw who J'Leon Love's opponent is, which looks like somebody that they picked out the crowd, rather than a real fighter.

With that in mind, that bout shouldn't under 4 rounds of its 10 rounds. On HBO, they're more than likely going to replay the Klitz fight about at the beginning of the Ward/Dawson card, which I will more than likely have watched earlier that day.

That gives me enough time to watch some, if not all, of Matthysse/Ajose, depending on how it all plays out. I love boxing, I dont like flipping from channel to channel like this.

Reminds me of how we used to have to share the television with my dad back in the day. Dude used to flip back and forth like a motherfucker. He had it timed when he started flipping, but the further into a program on one channel, his timing got worse. Used to piss us off dearly no2.gif

ramon valenzuela is a live dog against j'leon. he beat him in the amateurs. i'm thinking it's going to be a good scrap.

i'll be skipping the klitschko fight. matthysse/ajose may get recorded...i'm not missing demarco/molina or ward/dawson.

i can't stand the channel flippin! laugh.gif sorry u had to grow up with that man. sad.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2012, 08:24 PM) *
ramon valenzuela is a live dog against j'leon. he beat him in the amateurs. i'm thinking it's going to be a good scrap.

i'll be skipping the klitschko fight. matthysse/ajose may get recorded...i'm not missing demarco/molina or ward/dawson.

i can't stand the channel flippin! laugh.gif sorry u had to grow up with that man. sad.gif

He (Valenzuela) DAMN SURE DIDN't look like a live dog when I saw the presser pics today. laugh.gif Dude looked like a crowd participant. Lol. You're right, I cant and I wont miss the DeMarco/Molina fight.

As for that flippin channels crap, it didn't end in the living room. Pops went straight mobile with it. He used to flip through radio stations when we used to ride around. That man's madness doesn't end. cool.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 7 2012, 08:31 PM) *
He (Valenzuela) DAMN SURE DIDN't look like a live dog when I saw the presser pics today. laugh.gif Dude looked like a crowd participant. Lol. You're right, I cant and I wont miss the DeMarco/Molina fight.

As for that flippin channels crap, it didn't end in the living room. Pops went straight mobile with it. He used to flip through radio stations when we used to ride around. That man's madness doesn't end. cool.gif

i guess i should rephrase my 'i can't stand channel flippin' comment.

i can't stand channel flippin' unless i'm the one doing the flippin. laugh.gif

i just realized i'm guilty of both radio and television excessive channel flippin. commercials suck...and there is usually shit on the radio and television so the flippin is necessary until i find something worthy of watching.
Musashi100
i like olusengun, it a shame he has to take this fight just to get at garcia when he should've been had a shot at that title before hand. i will favor mathysse but i give olusegun a good shot. he a slick fighter with good boxing skill an good countering skills, he need to box in this fight and stay off the rops
checkleft
I've seen ajoses fights its obvious he's got some potential.. but what I don't get is why he's crying about not getting a title shot when his competition has been very sub par. He has a appealing style as well but I don't get why he hasn't fought journeymen and former champs or something. He has just as many fights as Lucas and Lucas has fought about 5 former champs/current champs or top contenders...

Just feeling like a lot of these new guys aren't putting in the work to get a title shot with their hands but put the work in with their mouths (Broner, Guerrero, Ajose)
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 7 2012, 06:06 PM) *

Yes, on Showtime and the opening fights are on Showtime Extreme. Saturday's mad! Haha, look what mysteriously ended up here...a link to the 'Weekend in Boxing' with the times.
Times for matches
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 7 2012, 06:33 PM) *
started the fight party a little early? Haha and they say boxing is dying

They say a lot of stupid shit.
Sunni6Killer
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 7 2012, 09:47 PM) *
I've seen ajoses fights its obvious he's got some potential.. but what I don't get is why he's crying about not getting a title shot when his competition has been very sub par. He has a appealing style as well but I don't get why he hasn't fought journeymen and former champs or something. He has just as many fights as Lucas and Lucas has fought about 5 former champs/current champs or top contenders...

Just feeling like a lot of these new guys aren't putting in the work to get a title shot with their hands but put the work in with their mouths (Broner, Guerrero, Ajose)

He fought the mandatories, that Don Jose put in front of him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.