Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHypeUK:Ward/Dawson preview; Weekend in Boxing; Bellew predicts pain
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
FIGHTHYPE UK'S ARTICLES AS OF THE 7TH OF SEPTEMBER

Andre Ward Vs Chad Dawson Preview
S.o.G vs. the Bad one - preview.

WEEKEND IN BOXING 7th & 8th SEPTEMBER: BELLEW/MIRANDA; WARD/DAWSON; AJOSE/MATTHYSSE; PURDY/CARRASCO; KLITSHCKO/CHARR; ADAMEK/WALKER; DEMARCO/MOLINA; JENNINGS/KOVAL; CUNNINGHAM/GAVERN; RAMOS/BOLANOS WILDER/MCREARY; LOVE/VALENZUELA; SMITH/GARCIA
- The title says it all. A very busy 'Weekend in Boxing.'
W.i.B - Always insightful, detailed and no B.S., only the proper stuff!

AM TO PM: FORMER CRICKET PLAYER TURNED BOXER; KHAN TO LOOK AT EX-FIGHTERS; COTTO CONSIDERED MOVING TO 160; BELTRAN WANTS BRONER.
AM to PM

Bellew: Miranda is in for a painful night
Bellew's prediction

Miranda: Put your kids to bed early Saturday
Miranda's prediction.

Tony Bellew Vs Edison Miranda Preview
Bomber vs. Pantera preview

EDDIE HEARN SPEAKS ON KELL BROOK, CARL FROCH AND MORE
Matchroom impresario discusses Brook, Froch, Sky...

(VIDEO) KAL YAFAI SPARRING VIDEO AND INTERVIEW!
Kal Yafai interview with FighthypeUK
Cshel86
Ready to see how much Miranda has left...then I'll move forward with my day of boxing! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 12:57 PM) *
Ready to see how much Miranda has left...then I'll move forward with my day of boxing! laugh.gif

Yeah, but I suspect it isn't that much. He'll probably also try to out-macho Bellew and get clocked.

There's also the HW action from Russia starting before the British stuff. Re. the Russian event, I'm more interested in the Magomed Abdusalamov vs. Jameel Mcline than Klitschko vs. Charr.
Cheesey1
Abdusalamov vs. McCline. Abdusalamov's expected to win, but even if he does, he's still very beatable.
Cheesey1
Bryant Jennings just fought on the Adamek/Walker card. I saw the knock down that he scored off a nice right-left. F'ing distractions..!!!

McCline shows his experience and catches Abdusalamov with a perfectly timed straight right. Sends the unbeaten HW crashing down.

Mago comes out stong in the next round and even though it was an even round he lands his own straight right hand and sends McCline to the canvas. That punch hurt and McCline couldn't beat the 10 count. K.O Abdusalamov. Nice scrap. Magomed is undoubtedly beatable, but he's got power.
Cheesey1
So far, K.Os for both Bryant Jennings and Magomed Abdusalamov.
Cheesey1
Bellew vs. Miranda bill.

Lee 'Lights Out' Purdy scores a very nice fourth round TKO over previously undefeated Gumersindo Carrasco.
Cshel86
Looks like I tuned in just in time for the Miranda bout! Had to wash those dishes before I cooked, quite ass chapping if you ask me. I'll be sorting socks for the Klitz fight rerun tonight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 04:52 PM) *
Looks like I tuned in just in time for the Miranda bout! Had to wash those dishes before I cooked, quite ass chapping if you ask me. I'll be sorting socks for the Klitz fight rerun tonight.

Cool. The welterweight fight that you missed was good. Lee Purdy, I'll definitely catch his next one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 8 2012, 04:55 PM) *
Cool. The welterweight fight that you missed was good. Lee Purdy, I'll definitely catch his next one.

I'll keep that name in mind. In other news...Bellew may taste the canvas for good today...if he's not careful of course.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 04:59 PM) *
I'll keep that name in mind. In other news...Bellew may taste the canvas for good today...if he's not careful of course.

He might. I'm not Bellew's biggest fan, but I think that he's got enough physically and mentally to beat Miranda, but you're right, Miranda might do something.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:02 PM) *
He might. I'm not Bellew's biggest fan, but I think that he's got enough physically and mentaly to beat Miranda, but you're right, Miranda might do something.

I agree on both ends. Even when a fighter seems to not have it anymore, he usually has JUST enough to put you out. I immediately thought of guys like Grady Brewer for some odd reason. Why does Miranda's face always look "pre-lumped" before a fight? Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:05 PM) *
I agree on both ends. Even when a fighter seems to not have it anymore, he usually has JUST enough to put you out. I immediately thought of guys like Grady Brewer for some odd reason. Why does Miranda's face always look "pre-lumped" before a fight? Lol

That dummy probably punches himself in the face before the fight to get irrationally psyched.
Cheesey1
Trying to watch all three fights as they simultaneously happen.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:12 PM) *
Trying to watch all three fights as they simultaneously happen.

Dumb it down to two...check the Klitz fight this evening when they rerun it for the Ward/Dawson card.

Not much action in the 1st round.
Cheesey1
Good stuff. Bellew showed some decent upper body movement on the ropes, but Miranda needs to watch that kind of punch output this early because he'll get tired.
Cshel86
Gave the 2nd to Miranda. This one wont go 5 rounds, from the looks of it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:18 PM) *
Dumb it down to two...check the Klitz fight this evening when they rerun it for the Ward/Dawson card.

Not much action in the 1st round.

True.

2nd round brought it.
Cshel86
Did you give the 3rd to Miranda too???
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:22 PM) *
Gave the 2nd to Miranda. This one wont go 5 rounds, from the looks of it.

So, it's actually down to two matches now. The NJ card's over.

Agreed re. the scoring. I had the first a draw and they split the 2nd & 3rd.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:25 PM) *
Did you give the 3rd to Miranda too???

No, but I'll admit that I wasn't completely focused on that round.
Cheesey1
I'm pleasantly surprised that Miranda seems to be using his brain this time around.

These have been close rounds. I guess that Miranda won the 5th. Bellew needs to use that jab more, but got to give credit to Miranda for having a decent plan to deal with the jab.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:32 PM) *
I'm pleasantly surprised that Miranda seems to be using his brain this time around.

LOL! 3-2 for Miranda, possibly?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:33 PM) *
LOL! 3-2 for Miranda, possibly?

Yup. Who would've thought it. Balanced, steady boxing from Edison Miranda?
Cshel86
Good round for Bellew (6th).

Me either, didn't expect this much discipline from Miranda, but I just saw it fading a bit. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:38 PM) *
Good round for Bellew (6th).

Me either, didn't expect this much discipline from Miranda, but I just saw it fading a bit. Lol

Yes, 6th and 7th and started the 8th better than Miranda. The jab's working

The taller guy should always have the advantage (makes Ward/Dawson that much more interesting) and at this stage of Miranda's career, he doesn't have the speed to negate that.

Rd. 9 - Bellew definitely operating behind the jab now. He's thrown that right uppercut a few times.

Miranda takes a knee and tells the ref. that he doesn't want to continue. I'm actually glad that he did that. el Pantera has sone his bit in the ring. He should retire. Great warrior and I'm a fan.
Cshel86
Not sure what to think of Miranda anymore...

Great fight though! A lot of taunting!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Not sure what to think of Miranda anymore...

Great fight though! A lot of taunting!

Definitely a nice fight. There are a lot of solid bouts that can be made with Bellew. If he wants people to consider him an elite light heavy, he needs to get those top matchups.
Cheesey1
ShowtimeExtreme in 30 mins. Probably have to miss the first 45 min. Should still be able to catch Ishe Smith and maybe the undefeated Oscar Cortes.
Cheesey1
Last bout on the 'London Calling' was on point except for the mistaken decision. Danny Connor gets the nod over Chris Evangelou.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.