Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT) Molina/Demarco & Ward/Dawson
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reactions to tonight's double world title bill. Keep it all in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Prediction:

DeMarco/Molina: All out war...and its all about who can outlast the other. Both guys being hell to the ring, so we have to see. Smart goes to DeMarco...the guy with somewhat limited skills, but the ability to take punches, outlast guys, and land his own punches.

Dawson/Ward: Whoever's first in the fight, is the guy that takes the rounds. This will be a battle of who finishes strong during the last minute of each round. Inside fighting is NOT in Chad's advantage.

Movement and volume punches could prove to be somewhat of a nightmare for Ward. We know that Chad is quicker than Froch, so whatever he puts out there first, could make Ward work more than he may be willing to...though Im sure Ward is ALWAYS ready to work. We'll see. I have Ward by UD or Chad by a surprise TKO because he will actually be smart enough to be first, not only that, but be first with confidence and accuracy.

***MrChiTown: Im waiting on a few posts from you, regarding the scenery. Im sure to get a few laughs out of it. laugh.gif
Plah
Ward by UD 8-4 or possibly 7-5. Too versatile for Chad. Hoping it to end in a draw though, rooting for both.
BoxingStill#1
Checkin in....

I forgot to load my sig. 357... damn.. nothin to ease my pain from Nick Cannons voice
Cshel86
LMAO at the stoppage!
Franchize
I want to yell at the ref but Molina was a dick for not taking a knee.
E.C.LEGEND
If Dawson wins, should he stay at Super Middle Weight? By the way I got Dawson by Decision.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Sep 8 2012, 10:34 PM) *
If Dawson wins, should he stay at Super Middle Weight? By the way I got Dawson by Decision.

I'm probably the only who agrees with you in this one. I think tonight Dawson will put it all together and get the victory
Cshel86
Dammit man! I know Mrchitown is about to stake himself, having to listen to Nick Cannon live at the fight! laugh.gif

Master P's last 5 albums > Nick Cannon's introduction
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:22 PM) *
LMAO at the stoppage!

Agree... big time..lol

Now someone stop Nick... now.. plz
Franchize
This is one of the few fight where I really cant pick. I'm just gonna enjoy. Two top tier guys, at their pinnacle, lacing it up without any back and forth negotiations for years and no provocation.
Franchize
Nick Cannon is the worst lmaoooooooooo I think he's even worse than this than rapping.
Franchize
Is it me or is that ring small as hell? Fightin in a walk in closet
MaxPayne
Yeah Nick Cannon needed to get slapped. That announcement was whack as fuck.

Ward looks beautifully coordinated as always. Dawson has some good counter shots though and he's not letting Ward do much damage up close.

Dawson is cut though from a headbutt, so let's see what happens.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 8 2012, 10:44 PM) *
Is it me or is that ring small as hell? Fightin in a walk in closet

My spare room is bigger than that ring. laugh.gif

Nice knockdown....may not have hurt him though.
Franchize
What a meetin of the minds in there. I have it even. Dawson controlling the real estate tho. His hands look faster for sure.
MaxPayne
What a combination...Ward is something else.
Franchize
WHOAAAAAA Didnt expect that!
BoxingStill#1
Right on the button.. beautiful
BigFightFan
C'mon Dawson you are letting me down
Cshel86
You cant tell me that the weight isn't an issue in this fight. Dawson is looking bad in there no2.gif
Franchize
Ward clearly won that round but Compubox was WAY off. Dawson landed way more than 2 punches.
BigFightFan
That cut is bringing out Dawson's mental midget
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 8 2012, 10:57 PM) *
That cut is bringing out Dawson's mental midget

+1
Franchize
Ward's jab paying dividends surprisingly
BoxingStill#1
Wards jab dominating...

Dawson getting closer
Franchize
Virgil Hunter= one of the best in the business!!! Dawson is taller and faster but Ward is clearly better prepared!
Cshel86
Let's just hope that Chad doesn't pull some crazy shit and try to slam Ward. Great fight though! Better than I expected!
BoxingStill#1
Without being said by ward "i own this division"...
Cshel86
So Dawson went down in weight, fought in LA, took a nasty pay cut, and is getting his ass kicked? All of this for what? Im confused...
BigFightFan
Ward has done a great job neutralizing chad's left hand. Dawson needs to get off first
Cshel86
Chad and this Seth Mitchell haircut is making me laugh! laugh.gif
Plah
While Dawson is taking a beating, I think it's safe to say that CompuBox is operated by a blind man.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Sep 8 2012, 11:14 PM) *
While Dawson is taking a beating, I think it's safe to say that CompuBox is operated by a blind man.

Exactly! I've NEVER seen 100 (triple digits) power punches landed in a fight.
BoxingStill#1
HE QUIT!!!!!!!!!
Franchize
NOOOOOOOOOOO dont quit dude! Damn
BigFightFan
Dawson this is the last time you sale me your bullshit. Great fight! I can make 168 my ass
Cshel86
I've never been a big Dawson fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I hate to see him go out like this. I can tell he's hurt inside out. He talked himself into a raw deal here...again, he went down in weight (worked against himself), took a paycut, and got stopped. Again, I hate to see Chad go out like this...
sduck
I figured Ward would break him down but damn, that was destruction. Weight definitely played a factor.
Franchize
QUOTE (Plah @ Sep 8 2012, 11:14 PM) *

THIS!

I feel bad for Dawson. He started off really well but his chin has always been his achilles heel. Once he got hurt, he never was the same.

Ward is a world class fighter with a world class trainer. Even Pctards have to adit, next to Mayweather, there isnt anyone higher on that P4P list. SOG
BigFightFan
Nick cannon just looks out of place
Hotsauce
SOG the GOAT
MaxPayne
Next to Floyd Mayweather, Andre Ward is the 2nd best pound for pound fighter in the world.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Sep 8 2012, 11:28 PM) *
Next to Floyd Mayweather, Andre Ward is the 2nd best pound for pound fighter in the world.

...period....

Dawson didnt have to lose his title this fight... he lost soooo much more..
Franchize
Merchant's scumbag ass trying to bait Dawson into saying something. Dude took his L with class. Leave it at that
Cshel86
Oh God, shut tha fuck Lampley! We know that he didn't want to continue, no need to rehash. I hope that Ward NEVER fight on these loathsome, fudge-packing, loudmouth, nuthugging, bastard's network again.

THIS was a gift from Ward to HBO, not the other way around. HBO...keep up the hope bitches. Yall know that yall wont get a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, so dont try to uplift other fighters to make up for it...bunch of ass clowns.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Sep 8 2012, 11:28 PM) *

Agreed! But try explaining this to people who only know Floyd and Manny.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2012, 12:31 PM) *
Oh God, shut tha fuck Lampley! We know that he didn't want to continue, no need to rehash. I hope that Ward NEVER fight on these loathsome, fudge-packing, loudmouth, nuthugging, bastard's network again.

THIS was a gift from Ward to HBO, not the other way around. HBO...keep up the hope bitches. Yall know that yall wont get a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, so dont try to uplift other fighters to make up for it...bunch of ass clowns.

can anyone hook me up with a link?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 8 2012, 11:30 PM) *
Merchant's scumbag ass trying to bait Dawson into saying something. Dude took his L with class. Leave it at that

Im so sick of these fags on HBO. I dont mind them being there and calling fights, but when they start this dumb shit with the nuthugging and remedial "gotcha bitch" questions, that shit burns me up.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:31 PM) *

Ikr.... i was like damn.. dont stand at a bus stop with Jim lampley
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.