Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT) Molina/Demarco & Ward/Dawson
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Musashi100
this fight pretty much sums up chad dawson as a fighter. the guy is mentally weak an doesn't have a championship mentality. this was mental loss for dawson, lol you let ward stop you, ward couldn't even stop miranda. this was amazing performance by ward, this pretty much cement his spot as the #2 p4p fighter.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:39 PM) *
Ikr.... i was like damn.. dont stand at a bus stop with Jim lampley

Tell me about it. Dude is a tool.

Oh yeah...

Justin Bieber's ring walk with Floyd > Nick Cannon's introduction

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Sep 8 2012, 11:32 PM) *
can anyone hook me up with a link?

You can probably catch it on youtube in a few hours...being as how dominant the fight was. Im sure somebody's uploading it as we speak.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:40 PM) *
This was amazing performance by ward, this pretty much cement his spot as the #2 p4p fighter.

Agreed
iKeNjiro
I found it, had to hide my IP
Here in Japan a new law on torrenting movies was passed making it hard as hell on an Japanese OS to find the fights
but I hid my IP and found a HD stream, Thanks for replying though
Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Sep 8 2012, 11:50 PM) *
I found it, had to hide my IP
Here in Japan a new law on torrenting movies was passed making it hard as hell on an Japanese OS to find the fights
but I hid my IP and found a HD stream, Thanks for replying though

Damn that sucks. They say its illegal over here, but gas is high is shit, so maybe they're giving us a break to get away with something. laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
Dawson may need to hang 'em up. His speech is starting to slur just a little. He almost sounds like a guy who had a stroke at some time. You have to ask the question, how did he beat Tomas Adamek? If I was Adamek, I may consider coming back down for a 2nd go at Dawson. Dawson is hard to watch. Too many lulls in activity while looking for the perfect shot. I say this after all of his freaking fights. You'd think i would have learned.
Franchize
I disagree that this fight was a huge loss for Dawson. I think it was just a resounding victory for a guy who is clearly only second to Floyd Mayweather on the P4P list.

I'm with Cshel tho. Somethings gotta give with HBO man. I don't think a guy who just got KO'd could have handled his loss in a more classy and professional way and HBO did everything to berate and bait him. Berate him as if his past achievements mean nothing now and bait him into making excuses when he REPEATEDLY said he wants "to take nothing away from Ward." Ward was the better man. Period. I didnt like that Dawson quit, but there's no shame in taking an L from Andre Ward. I don't get why HBO must continuously over-glorify one fighter and trash the other every fight. This was a no nonsense fight from the negotiations. No mind games. No money games. No hyped up beef. Just two professionals, who are as classy as they come, at the top of their respective divisions with a bunch of talent AND skill, meeting to see who's better. It was pretty much everything you could ask from the sport but it wasn't good enough for HBO. It was a gr8 night of boxing otherwise and HBO tarnished it. "I bite my thumb at thee."
Franchize
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 9 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Dawson may need to hang 'em up. His speech is starting to slur just a little. He almost sounds like a guy who had a stroke at some time. You have to ask the question, how did he beat Tomas Adamek? If I was Adamek, I may consider coming back down for a 2nd go at Dawson. Dawson is hard to watch. Too many lulls in activity while looking for the perfect shot. I say this after all of his freaking fights. You'd think i would have learned.

You ever see his teeth? Them shits are crooked as hell. That's why his speech is slurred. It's like mother nature was playing Cee-Lo with his teeth. Shits look like shards of broken glass
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 9 2012, 12:13 AM) *
I disagree that this fight was a huge loss for Dawson. I think it was just a resounding victory for a guy who is clearly only second to Floyd Mayweather on the P4P list.

I'm with Cshel tho. Somethings gotta give with HBO man. I don't think a guy who just got KO'd could have handled his loss in a more classy and professional way and HBO did everything to berate and bait him. Berate him as if his past achievements mean nothing now and bait him into making excuses when he REPEATEDLY said he wants "to take nothing away from Ward." Ward was the better man. Period. I didnt like that Dawson quit, but there's no shame in taking an L from Andre Ward. I don't get why HBO must continuously over-glorify one fighter and trash the other every fight. This was a no nonsense fight from the negotiations. No mind games. No money games. No hyped up beef. Just to professionals, who are as classy as they come, at the top of their respective divisions with a bunch of talent AND skill, meeting to see who's better. It was pretty much everything you could ask from the sport but it wasn't good enough for HBO. It was a gr8 night of boxing otherwise and HBO tarnished it. "I bite my thumb at thee."

FUCK HBO! Bunch of ungrateful cocksuckers, and yes I said it. Tired of those dudes. They need to do their best to keep the peace with Chad, or else, he'll be at Showtime. I know that it was Ward's team's decision to fight on Showtime for the long time that he did, but let's not forget that Chad has fought on Showtime, and look spectacular. All of his potential opponents have had better day son Showtime, so HBO needs to chill with the remedial stuff.

As you said, they everything in their power to make Chad discredit Ward's win. We ALL know that weight has a lot to do with the him going down like that...kinda gave me glimpses of Mayweather/Corrales. Again, HBO more than likely, is getting a hunch that this "megafight" that they thought they had in the bag, may no tbe happening after all.

NOW, they are trying to clean up their nasty ass, condescending attitudes...because they need all of the great fighters that they can get, not the ones that they nuthug. It's getting bad for HBO, and it aint hard to tell. If I ever meet these guys from HBO, I'd greet them with respect, but as far as the way they conduct themselves in front of the camera...no deal.

Im the Director at my job, and I like everybody on a personal level, but work-wise...I find that shit harder and harder to do.
Hotsauce
nick cannon needs to stick to eating mariah carey pussy
checkleft
Idk if the weight was a factor, but just my opinion I don't think it was. Dawson has had a questionable CHIN (not head or shoulders or neck) mind you when pascal hit him he didnt take it well at all. And the rumors that Miranda put him down and left him down for a while in sparring could just solidify that. And the speed and quickness of ward could have just put it over the top.

Ward was just amazing all around. I honestly think hes smarter than mayweather in the ring, he so crafty and he didn't look lost for a second. Just brilliant

P.S his footwork was Fucking incredible
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 9 2012, 01:20 AM) *

HYSTERICAL !

On the real, he was pretty fucking terrible. I thought he sounded like someone with a freaking reading disability or some shit. I hope this is the last time he gets anywhere near an announcer's mic.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2012, 12:27 AM) *
FUCK HBO! Bunch of ungrateful cocksuckers, and yes I said it. Tired of those dudes. They need to do their best to keep the peace with Chad, or else, he'll be at Showtime. I know that it was Ward's team's decision to fight on Showtime for the long time that he did, but let's not forget that Chad has fought on Showtime, and look spectacular. All of his potential opponents have had better day son Showtime, so HBO needs to chill with the remedial stuff.

As you said, they everything in their power to make Chad discredit Ward's win. We ALL know that weight has a lot to do with the him going down like that...kinda gave me glimpses of Mayweather/Corrales. Again, HBO more than likely, is getting a hunch that this "megafight" that they thought they had in the bag, may no tbe happening after all.

NOW, they are trying to clean up their nasty ass, condescending attitudes...because they need all of the great fighters that they can get, not the ones that they nuthug. It's getting bad for HBO, and it aint hard to tell. If I ever meet these guys from HBO, I'd greet them with respect, but as far as the way they conduct themselves in front of the camera...no deal.

Im the Director at my job, and I like everybody on a personal level, but work-wise...I find that shit harder and harder to do.

Yeah I'm at a point where I'm compelled to agree. Kellerman is the only person I can stand on the HBO team.

Lampley just needs to stop.

Merchant I have always hated.

Steward's Nipsey Russell looking ass has his moments, but honestly he also is in that group.

Kellerman is the only guy who doesn't try to come with the bullshit when he's announcing or asking questions.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 9 2012, 12:20 AM) *

Who's idea was it to have Nick Cannon in the first place? What qualifications does he have as a boxing MC? He had no business being there. Is HBO just trying to lure the hip-hop generation into boxing because they are that desperate? You remember KO Nation, with Ed Lover? This is just as bad. I just turn off the DVR after the official decision or time of the stoppage or KO is announced. Saves pain on the ears listening to the Lamply pom-pom shaking!

Jack

PS. Ward was excellent. I would have liked to have seen him turn up the gas and brawl just a little more when he had Dawson down and he was done. Chad did OK for the first couple of rounds. I think we did not expect quite that one-sided beating though.
The Original MrFactor
Nick Cannon twice called Chad Dawson the Lightweight Champion of the world...
Franchize
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Sep 9 2012, 03:20 AM) *
Yeah I'm at a point where I'm compelled to agree. Kellerman is the only person I can stand on the HBO team.

Lampley just needs to stop.

Merchant I have always hated.

Steward's Nipsey Russell looking ass[color="#FF0000"][/color] has his moments, but honestly he also is in that group.

Kellerman is the only guy who doesn't try to come with the bullshit when he's announcing or asking questions.

I literally have tears in my eyes lmaooooooo He looks just like that dude man ha ha ha ha ha

Nick Cannon twice called Chad Dawson the Lightweight Champion of the world...

I could have swore he also called Ward "SOB" also lol
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 9 2012, 09:52 AM) *
I literally have tears in my eyes lmaooooooo He looks just like that dude man ha ha ha ha ha

I could have swore he also called Ward "SOB" also lol

I can't take credit for it...that came from one of my favorite comedians, Corey Holcomb. I was DYING when he had first said it hahaha.
wolterb
Hey, Great Job dawson and ward.

they took the plate - i don't fault dawson for quitting. he stood in there for 9 and got beat by the better man. no need for hbo to try and exploit that shit for some extra entertainment. the fight stood on its own.

Hell yea September. Cant wait for next Saturday - Chavez gonna get his
Cshel86
I just watched the Molina/DeMarco fight, and boy, was that some bullshit. Molina could've either taken a knee, or the ref could've called it a knockdown. When it comes to bad calls, California and Texas are side by side.

Molina didn't complain about it, but really, how much room did he have to complain? I can see a DeMarco/Broner fight in December now, but I honestly dont give a shit about Broner anyhow. The fact that DeMarco may have broken more of a sweat in the locker room and in route to the ring, than he did in the fight, reserved him for an upcoming fight.

Oh yeah, DeMarco's straight left was SYMBOLIC! That shit couldn't miss Molina's chin. This ISN"T an easy fight for Floyd Mayweather III.
neophyte7
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2012, 12:27 AM) *

Did Diego have to cut weight in any different manner as he had been doing. If I recall he fought mayweather at 130 and that was the weight he had been fighting at comfortably. Mayweather simply was out of his league and mayweather beat the shit out of him. Of course facing the jail time he was about to endure was more of a factor than weight.

Relative to Ward Dawson... Mayweather SR was on point about Dawson... I thought dawson would win But I see Ward is a great all around fighter... definitely on par with Mayweather----
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Sep 9 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Did Diego have to cut weight in any different manner as he had been doing. If I recall he fought mayweather at 130 and that was the weight he had been fighting at comfortably. Mayweather simply was out of his league and mayweather beat the shit out of him. Of course facing the jail time he was about to endure was more of a factor than weight.

Relative to Ward Dawson... Mayweather SR was on point about Dawson... I thought dawson would win But I see Ward is a great all around fighter... definitely on par with Mayweather----

Diego's team requested the fight to be at 135, but Floyd's team wouldn't budge from 130. The same way Diego was going down easily in that fight, is the same way Chad was taking it yesterday.

Ward is a great fighter, not taking anything away from him, but the way Dawson was getting excessively handled, had a lot to do with the weight. He has NO legs at 68, period. I've seen Chad get hit by guys, and take it better than that.
neophyte7
I understand your logic, but Just as in the case of mayweather being too good for corrales Ward is simply too good for Dawson. Dawson wanted this fight and his team maintained 168 was a good weight for him
mgrover
Either way Pac fought Cotto at 145lb only 2lb while Ward fights Dawson at a full class beneath and not a word is said. End of the day it was the contracted weight for both so if you give one credit, give the other
The Original MrFactor
The same things I see in the decline of Shane Mosley are the same things I see in Chad Dawson and have seen for some time. I guess it took a prime guy to really expose these things. Chad and Andre both fought the same way they always fight. Chad is always very tentative. Andre is always looking for a way to hit and not get hit. Unlike his last few outings Chad had a really good prime guy in front of him that was willing to hit him. Chad hasnt seen that in a looong time. Pascal did it to him too. I dont see Chad having much success against the cream of the crop at lt heavy either. A this point, I think guys like Cloud would dust him. Chad's problem is that he either cant or doesnt like to pull the trigger. Sometimes, you have to just punch. He hasnt done that for years now.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Dammit man! I know Mrchitown is about to stake himself, having to listen to Nick Cannon live at the fight! laugh.gif

Master P's last 5 albums > Nick Cannon's introduction

master p had 5 albums!? laugh.gif nick cannon was unbearable.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:56 PM) *
You cant tell me that the weight isn't an issue in this fight. Dawson is looking bad in there no2.gif

totally agree. his punch resistance was severely diminished.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:31 PM) *
Oh God, shut tha fuck Lampley! We know that he didn't want to continue, no need to rehash. I hope that Ward NEVER fight on these loathsome, fudge-packing, loudmouth, nuthugging, bastard's network again.

THIS was a gift from Ward to HBO, not the other way around. HBO...keep up the hope bitches. Yall know that yall wont get a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, so dont try to uplift other fighters to make up for it...bunch of ass clowns.

u know something...i was thinking about this when this fight was announced as an hbo fight. both guys have pretty much been showtime fighters. hbo didn't deserve this fight. i get that the fighters make more money there...but fuck hbo and their bullshit ass commentators.
daprofessor
ward fought brilliantly. he took chads best weapon (his jab) away very early and forced him into exchanges and situations where he always got the better of dawson. he did things to constantly make him think and react so that dawson would always remain a step behind. even in close quarters, he'd push and pull and turn and bump and it seemed to frustrate dawson. nothing worked for him. when he started to land that counter hook on dawson...ward took it away. dawson would land good shots and get confident when ward would go to the ropes. virgil pointed out to ward...and he made the adjustment. he stuck to what worked and avoided what didn't. very smart fighter who can execute a game plan.

on the issue of weight...he seemed to be hurt by punches he would take in the past. knowing the ills of fighting at a weight class that requires u to drain/dehydrate to make weight....it was definitely an issue. this was a situation where someone on dawson's team should have spoke up and protected him from himself. he spoke so confidently prior to the fight and refused to use it as an excuse afterwards. i guess hindsight is 20/20 but i'm willing to bet he will not go back down to 168.

as for the diego corrales situation with floyd....i was told that diego had to withdraw blood from his own body to make weight...and they pumped it back into him after the weigh in. ppl do crazy shit and are advised by "experts" who don't know shit about boxing. if my memory serves me correctly, his s&c coach was alex ariza for that fight. virgil hunter called it...these guys are great at putting weight on...but taking it off is a different story.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 9 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Either way Pac fought Cotto at 145lb only 2lb while Ward fights Dawson at a full class beneath and not a word is said. End of the day it was the contracted weight for both so if you give one credit, give the other

Not sure about this but I heard a lot of rumors about rehydration clauses in that fight and the dlh fight. That would have been a huge factor going into fight night if the fighters had to maintain a certain weight and weren't allowed to rehydrate fully past a certain point.
pimpfighterROQ
Hey y'all, just watched the fight from an unknown source. Was trying to find a non HBO link. Didn't want to hear the three stooges talk boxing.

Anyways, I expected Ward to win like most but not in that dominating fashion. At the same time, I didn't expect Dawson to look like he did in there. He fought like a dude who received a bad news. He didn't throw punches, his jab nullified, didn't use his bigger body to his advantage. It reminded me of the later stages of Mayweather vs Dela hoya. Ward fought smart, nullified everything Chad was good at.

BUT I'd have to say I agree with someone who said weight was a definite issue because it was in my eyes. Dawson seemed to be bothered by every clean punch Ward landed. Legs was almost like Bambi legged Khan when he was wobbled. Ward is not even a big puncher. Again basing it on the Dawson at light heavyweight, he looked very ordinary. Not to take away from Ward's performance though.

Hell Dawson made Froch look a lot better now losing to Ward. I know Dawson was the one who called out Ward. But this is like giving full credit to Pac beating Dela hoya which you truly cannot since of a weight issue.

With this victory, I don't really see a big must watch fight for Ward. He has beaten everyone in his weight class. A Ward vs Chavez might be nice or even a Ward vs Froch again for a unification bout but other than that who else do you see?

Why do boxers insist on moving down in weight for a fight? Haven't they learned from Roy Jones, Dela Hoya? now Dawson. Its to move UP! Cotto, Pacquiao, Mayweather and many other boxers who have the same common sense...

I hope Dawson can recover from this mental defeat. You challenged the dude, fought on his hometown, his weight class and you got beat. Almost like Bambi legged Khan don't you think?

Plah
Weight was kind of a factor but Dawson was still getting out-thinked and outfought. When or If Ward goes to 175 I'll bet my house Dawson wouldn't want any part in a rematch.
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 10 2012, 03:58 AM) *
Not sure about this but I heard a lot of rumors about rehydration clauses in that fight and the dlh fight. That would have been a huge factor going into fight night if the fighters had to maintain a certain weight and weren't allowed to rehydrate fully past a certain point.

sure it was a theory of daprofessor but with all due respect there was no real evidence to support this, no fighters ever saying this was in the contract. I still don't understand why DLH chose not to rehydrate more but who knows, someone ask him when they get an interview. But are people telling me golden boy would of bowed down to those wishes and put himself at en even bigger disadvantage just to fight MP who was still not a PPV star?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 PM) *
master p had 5 albums!? laugh.gif nick cannon was unbearable.

Yep! I was definitely speaking of his past-prime albums, which were of course, better than Nick Cannon's attempt on Saturday night. Though I dont like Cannon, my gut was telling me that he was going do good and make the most of the opportunity, but the gut can sometimes fail me.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 06:32 PM) *
totally agree. his punch resistance was severely diminished.

After a while, you could've blown on him and he was going down. Nice short shots from Andre...those will put anybody down. I tend to forget how fuckin' big Chad is, which made the knockdowns seem even worse. Shit reminded me of how Motaro (from Mortal Kombat) simply flops to the floor when you beat him, unlike everyone else who goes down on their back. Lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 06:46 PM) *
u know something...i was thinking about this when this fight was announced as an hbo fight. both guys have pretty much been showtime fighters. hbo didn't deserve this fight. i get that the fighters make more money there...but fuck hbo and their bullshit ass commentators.

HBO sucks ass...tired of them. They need all that they can get nowadays. Im telling you, knowing that the FMJ/MP fight was going to air on their network, had their noses in the big air, big time. Now that the fight has a slim chance of happening, they're trying to be open to EVERY fight/fighter, and treat them like royalty.

Reminds me of a pretty woman with a nice body and many options...she can be snooty, pick and choose who she wants, and have men at her knees. As soon as she loses that body and luster or gets ran through, suddenly she's "looking for love" and has this overnight "appreciation" for men who will treat her like somebody. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 9 2012, 01:20 AM) *

Not a bad option, if you ask me. laugh.gif

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Sep 9 2012, 11:27 PM) *
Legs was almost like Bambi legged Khan when he was wobbled.

Nobody's legs are as bad as Khan's. You're right though, dude straight up did a Bambi On Ice rendition.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 10 2012, 04:47 AM) *
sure it was a theory of daprofessor but with all due respect there was no real evidence to support this, no fighters ever saying this was in the contract. I still don't understand why DLH chose not to rehydrate more but who knows, someone ask him when they get an interview. But are people telling me golden boy would of bowed down to those wishes and put himself at en even bigger disadvantage just to fight MP who was still not a PPV star?

It's weird, but I do believe that there was a rehydration clause for the DLH fight. Im not as sure about the Cotto fight, but the Oscar fight was just too weird. As you mentioned, Oscar was the big star, so folding into those type of negotiations does seem a bit weird. Now that I think about it, who else was Oscar going to fight (around that time), who seemed like an easy win?

With that in mind, it could have very well been Oscar's choice to not fully rehydrate. He has not always been the best, when it comes to confidence in big fights. I vividly remember him fighting faster guys, and wearing shorts trunks and light shoes, to "help his speed". To me, if you know that you have speed, then why do all of that extra stuff?

There's a lot that went into that "Dream Match", mostly a bunch of bitching on Roach's part, and Im sure it had something to do with the weight and money...I have to go back and check. Maybe OScar felt that fully rehydrating would make him slower, against a smaller, faster man. He's a fighter, and Im sure all fighting know the dangers of not fully rehydrating, but when you're not 110% confident in your skills, then you tend to do dumb & unnecessary stuff.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 10 2012, 04:47 AM) *

again...it was speculation on my part. i remember reading or watching a video of roger mayweather claiming hatton wasn't allowed to gain more than 5lbs. that to me was all the proof i needed. but i doubt they would make demands like this without covering their tracks...hence my 'non-disclosure/stipulation theory'.... i believe they've all signed contracts that will not allow them to speak on it.

as for why oscar would do such a thing...maybe it was arrogance? maybe it was because he knew he would be making money off of pac either way so a loss would help boost the pac gravy train. who knows? but think about this...cotto has pretty much said it without saying it...he refuses to fight pacquiao without all the 'weight games' or something like that he has said in interviews. also...i thought margarito was trying to tell us something by trying to hydrate right before he came into the ring with pac. roach made a big deal of it and hbo spun it...i wouldn't doubt the whole thing has been smoke and mirrors. after all...bob arum was part of ray leonards situation where he was able to capture two titles by making lalonde come down in weight to fight him. how is that even possible!?

how hard would any of this be to address in a few questions during interviews with the right ppl? i've talked to writers on this subject before and i have yet to see anyone print anything remotely close to this. i think it's worth looking into but it will be dismissed as conspiracy theory. oh well.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 10 2012, 09:02 AM) *
Yep! I was definitely speaking of his past-prime albums, which were of course, better than Nick Cannon's attempt on Saturday night. Though I dont like Cannon, my gut was telling me that he was going do good and make the most of the opportunity, but the gut can sometimes fail me.
laugh.gif

Man your gut was all the way off on this one lol You mustve hda bad batch of potato salad or something lol. "You know you can't eat everyone's potato salad." That boy was horrible. I wis te sandman could have cave nd yanked him off stage.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 10 2012, 06:23 PM) *
Man your gut was all the way off on this one lol You mustve hda bad batch of potato salad or something lol. "You know you can't eat everyone's potato salad." That boy was horrible. I wis te sandman could have cave nd yanked him off stage.

laugh.gif

I was so damn drunk when the fight came on...I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was like, "Damn, Cannon cant suck this damn bad." That futhermucker was horrible...and maybe my gut was waaay off, because it had waaaay too much alcohol in it. Lol
mrchitown
Ward will seemingly have to wait an eternity for a real challenge to come up. There's no one in or around his weight that I think has a remote chance of defeating him
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 10 2012, 05:28 PM) *
laugh.gif

I was so damn drunk when the fight came on...I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was like, "Damn, Cannon cant suck this damn bad." That futhermucker was horrible...and maybe my gut was waaay off, because it had waaaay too much alcohol in it. Lol

Imagine being there Shels and hearing him do the announcements lmao
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 10 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Imagine being there Shels and hearing him do the announcements lmao

I would've asked somebody for a medium Bic ink pen, and commenced to stabbing myself in the throat. He was just THAT horrible.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 10 2012, 09:57 PM) *
I would've asked somebody for a medium Bic ink pen, and commenced to stabbing myself in the throat. He was just THAT horrible.

He knew people weren't feeling him. I had ringside seats for this one and the look on his face when he finished announcing was about the most entertaining thing he did all night
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2012, 09:44 PM) *
again...it was speculation on my part. i remember reading or watching a video of roger mayweather claiming hatton wasn't allowed to gain more than 5lbs. that to me was all the proof i needed. but i doubt they would make demands like this without covering their tracks...hence my 'non-disclosure/stipulation theory'.... i believe they've all signed contracts that will not allow them to speak on it.

as for why oscar would do such a thing...maybe it was arrogance? maybe it was because he knew he would be making money off of pac either way so a loss would help boost the pac gravy train. who knows? but think about this...cotto has pretty much said it without saying it...he refuses to fight pacquiao without all the 'weight games' or something like that he has said in interviews. also...i thought margarito was trying to tell us something by trying to hydrate right before he came into the ring with pac. roach made a big deal of it and hbo spun it...i wouldn't doubt the whole thing has been smoke and mirrors. after all...bob arum was part of ray leonards situation where he was able to capture two titles by making lalonde come down in weight to fight him. how is that even possible!?

how hard would any of this be to address in a few questions during interviews with the right ppl? i've talked to writers on this subject before and i have yet to see anyone print anything remotely close to this. i think it's worth looking into but it will be dismissed as conspiracy theory. oh well.

am a massive fan of conspiracy theories. and supposedly DLH was using IV's to rehydrate? It's was obvious he killed himself making weight but really IV's?
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 11 2012, 07:43 AM) *
am a massive fan of conspiracy theories. and supposedly DLH was using IV's to rehydrate? It's was obvious he killed himself making weight but really IV's?

i think it was roach who said he saw the IV marks. i believe it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 01:40 PM) *
i think it was roach who said he saw the IV marks. i believe it.

If Roach said, then maybe it holds a bit of weight. I heard Floyd Sr. say it, but I wasn't gonna use him as a reliable source, if I wasn't ready to be mangled first. drag.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 11 2012, 02:14 PM) *
If Roach said, then maybe it holds a bit of weight. I heard Floyd Sr. say it, but I wasn't gonna use him as a reliable source, if I wasn't ready to be mangled first. drag.gif

i might be alone on this...but i think floyd sr is a more reliable source than roach...but that's just me. laugh.gif

Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 02:19 PM) *
i might be alone on this...but i think floyd sr is a more reliable source than roach...but that's just me. laugh.gif

I can agree, but people would be more inclined to believe Roach in this situation, being the fact that his fighter was on the other side of the ring. If he really didn't want to sell his fighter short, and admit that his opponent was a corpse, then I doubt that he would admit such a thing.

As for going with what Floyd Sr. says...I usually believe him 9 times out of 10, but all of the crooked shit that the Mayweather's speak on regarding the boxing business, usually takes years to reveal itself. In the meantime, people trash them and associate their information as a defense of Floyd Jr, which is unfair to them.

That's how the media has it worked out for the viewers who are unaware of what's REALLY going on...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 11 2012, 02:33 PM) *
I can agree, but people would be more inclined to believe Roach in this situation, being the fact that his fighter was on the other side of the ring. If he really didn't want to sell his fighter short, and admit that his opponent was a corpse, then I doubt that he would admit such a thing.

As for going with what Floyd Sr. says...I usually believe him 9 times out of 10, but all of the crooked shit that the Mayweather's speak on regarding the boxing business, usually takes years to reveal itself. In the meantime, people trash them and associate their information as a defense of Floyd Jr, which is unfair to them.

That's how the media has it worked out for the viewers who are unaware of what's REALLY going on...

the other thing...it's painted as if floyd sr attacks roach for no reason and "he's just jealous of his success..." when the truth is that roach attacked floyd sr first. floyd sr asked for 2mil to train oscar to fight his son. based on the money oscar was going to make...and the fact that he'd be training oscar to beat his son...i thought it was a fair request. but to have roach chime in and say "i don't think floyd sr is worth the 2mil he's asking for..." he made himself a target in that one. floyd sr had a right to talk shit back in that situation. i honestly think he would have done a much better job than roach did too.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 02:42 PM) *
the other thing...it's painted as if floyd sr attacks roach for no reason and "he's just jealous of his success..." when the truth is that roach attacked floyd sr first. floyd sr asked for 2mil to train oscar to fight his son. based on the money oscar was going to make...and the fact that he'd be training oscar to beat his son...i thought it was a fair request. but to have roach chime in and say "i don't think floyd sr is worth the 2mil he's asking for..." he made himself a target in that one. floyd sr had a right to talk shit back in that situation. i honestly think he would have done a much better job than roach did too.

Totally agree. I wasn't even sure where that feud started. I remember hearing something about $2M around the time of the FMJ/OLDH fight, but I didn't read any further into it. I was finishing a semester of college around that time, so I was busy with finals and shit. I was nowhere near cable tv, and hardly a computer at times, so I came home that weekend, and the fight was on. Lol

I just remember Sr.'s numerous "Freddie The Joke Coach Roach" jokes, and come to find out...he was actually right. I guess Sr.'s delivery and attitude make people dislike him. Who knows. Freddie is known to start shit as well, I just forgot that he made that initial comment.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 10 2012, 10:57 PM) *

laugh.gif i love life too much. i would have stabbed him though. shit was horrible! i hope and pray they don't use him again.
mrchitown
As always Shels and Professor spittin them facts before the world even knows about it...

http://www.boxingscene.com/mirandas-traine...sparring--57004

Scully was talking so much positive stuff about Dawson making the weight easy and this and that and blah blah blah, now he does an interview with ESPN and says the weight "definitely" affected Chad and he said anyone who was there who saw Dawson get beaten up in sparring to reveal themselves. Well come on down....LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.