Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@6Pm(ET)/9PM(PT) Matthysse/Olusegun-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all the on-going and post-fight reaction to tonight's Showtime Card. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Prediction:

Love/Valenzuela (sp): Hope it ends quickly, dont care too much for it, though Love is a promising prospect.

Matthysse/Ajose: Lucas could very well look like a God again tonight if Ajose's not careful. If Ajose sticks and moves, then he can possibly win on the cards. Im not saying that he'll win every round, because with every round, comes a punch that will change or end a fight. We're talking a Matthysse punch here.

Lucas is Kucas, plain and simple. If Ajose throws him off his game, and punch him more than he's used to, then we'll see a different fight. If both guys agree to exchange, then we'll see a war, with Matthysse as the winner.

Aren't you guys glad that the Alexander/Bailey fight got canceled? I am, for damn sure. Fights like Matthysse/Ajose need THIS type of attention. We can see Devon fight any time of the year, and who gives a shit about Bailey? Please remind me.

Got my Sam Adams Octoberfest and my sub ready!
BigFightFan
Love needs to avoid those inside exchanges and double up on the jab
Cshel86
Caveman landed a couple of big right hands that Love should be aware of later. Caveman's jab aint too shabby either.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 09:26 PM) *
Caveman landed a couple of big right hands that Love should be aware of later. Caveman's jab aint too shabby either.

I see love getting hit with one of those rights in the later rounds that will change the fight. I haven't seen him make an adjustment yet to avoid the right
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 8 2012, 09:29 PM) *
I see love getting hit with one of those rights in the later rounds that will change the fight. I haven't seen him make an adjustment yet to avoid the right

I agree, neither of them are able to really close this annoying distance that's starting to chap my ass.

Valenzuela sorta looks like Carlos Baldomir, or a fat ass Bruce Lee stand-in.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 09:31 PM) *
I agree, neither of them are able to really close this annoying distance that's starting to chap my ass.

Ha! Devon Alexander vs Bruce lee!
BigFightFan
LMAO! Velenuza did what he had to do to survive that round
Cshel86
Did he just try to slam Love? Silly me, how else is a Caveman supposed to fight? Sorry for the interruption folks...
Hotsauce
lol wtf was that
Cshel86
LMAO! And another slam attempt! Cavemen dont need to be in the ring with humans! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
I like what I've seen of Love so far. For me they had a clear strategy. Wear down the hardhead and turn it up in the latter rounds.

DQ. Good.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 09:31 PM) *

Funny stuff.
Cshel86
Im wishing that the co-feature didn't last that long. I would hate to have to flip back and forth between this one and the DeMarco/Molina bout.
Cshel86
Intense 1st round, gave it to Ajose. As we all know, Matthysse doesn't start as fast, but he went tit-for-tat with Ajose.
Cshel86
DAMN that was a BAD round for Ajose. Didn't bother to cover up, and stayed on the damn ropes. WTF is his problem? Somebody needs to tell him that its okay to block.
Plah
Possibly a 10-8 round for Lucas.
BigFightFan
Ojose looks drunk out there! He jumps with the jab
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 8 2012, 10:11 PM) *
Ojose looks drunk out there! He jumps with the jab

Yep. The only thing that's saving him, is that African blood of his.
BigFightFan
Nice finish for matthysse
Plah
Very nice stoppage.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Sep 8 2012, 10:42 PM) *
Very nice stoppage.

Agreed! That African blood too Ajose a long way though. Lol
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:46 PM) *
Agreed! That African blood too Ajose a long way though. Lol

Craaaazy resolve by Ajose. Motherfucker was throwing combinations that late in the fight and at least went down swinging.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Sep 8 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Craaaazy resolve by Ajose. Motherfucker was throwing combinations that late in the fight and at least went down swinging.

Hard not to agree with that. I was wondering where his second wind came from, because he was dead on his feet for more than a few rounds. Crazy!
checkleft
That boy has heart. Reminded me of Taylor chavez
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 9 2012, 12:21 AM) *
That boy has heart. Reminded me of Taylor chavez

I felt Matthysse's punches from my couch....
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:32 PM) *
I felt Matthysse's punches from my couch....

Yes he has some of the heaviest hands I've seen. Quite a chin too, him and Garcia would be entertaining

Overall great night for boxing.

(Potential HBO Fight Spoiler Removed)
flazi
lucas is one bad dude. damn.
daprofessor
j'leon looks the part...but that's about it. i don't see anything special.

matthysse/ajose was a fight!!! i want to see ajose again! he needs to rebuild and get back in there. i like that dude. matthysse is a beast and has a shot to beat anyone at 140.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.