Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deontay Wilder vs. Kimbo Slice
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
I figured if Wilder is ready for the big times but still seems to fight these over the hill club fighters, why not atlease scrap with one that has a name to get his own into the public eye. Both undefeated, why not, I'd wanna tune into that more than what I've been seeing Wilder fight lately.

What do y'all think?

Cshel86
Put the weed down Gambit...'

laugh.gif

drag.gif

No seriously, Kimbo being an able-bodied opponent, does nothing for Wilder's career. Well, now that I think about it, Slice is more credible than any of Wilder's recent opponents. I wouldn't mind watching it though...
BigFightFan
Just like in MMA as soon as kimbo step up in class his boxing career will be over.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 10 2012, 08:33 PM) *
Put the weed down Gambit...'

laugh.gif

drag.gif

No seriously, Kimbo being an able-bodied opponent, does nothing for Wilder's career. Well, now that I think about it, Slice is more credible than any of Wilder's recent opponents. I wouldn't mind watching it though...

Lmao, damn is this topic that dead of a give away to my "extra curricular activities" sheesh!

Nah but surely this match up is an advantage to the bronze medalist (Wilder), but hey, so are most of his recent opponents I've seen. The only difference is people know Kimbo, and I think a fight like this could be sold.
Gambit808
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 10 2012, 08:36 PM) *
Just like in MMA as soon as kimbo step up in class his boxing career will be over.

The truth is sometimes a MF.

I think he should have came to boxing instead of testing MMA, but I think it did good with him getting more exposure than YouTube could at that point.
mrchitown
They might as well fight each other. They been fighting these tomato cans, sadly, if they were to fight each other it would be a step up in competition for both boxers and that is saying a lot about their professional records
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 10 2012, 07:30 PM) *
I figured if Wilder is ready for the big times but still seems to fight these over the hill club fighters, why not atlease scrap with one that has a name to get his own into the public eye. Both undefeated, why not, I'd wanna tune into that more than what I've been seeing Wilder fight lately.

What do y'all think?

Gambit, your posts are normally solid, but this one...a little bit wobbly.

Call me "insane in the membrane," but I agree with you that Wilder's ready for the big time.

FightHypeUK interviewed him a few of weeks ago and Wilder said that 2013's going to be a big year for him. Obvious interpretation of that is he'll be facing more well known/better competition.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 11 2012, 12:48 AM) *
Gambit, your posts are normally solid, but this one...a little bit wobbly.

Call me "insane in the membrane," but I agree with you that Wilder's ready for the big time.

FightHypeUK interviewed him a few of weeks ago and Wilder said that 2013's going to be a big year for him. Obvious interpretation of that is he'll be facing more well known/better competition.

Sure I guess, just entertaining the thought while trying to make the point also that if Wilder wanted a name fighter who happens to also be a club fighter (the kind of guys he's seems to fight lately), why not Kimbo.

But I just seen the interview and it pretty much sums up this guys future so, thanx for that.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 11 2012, 10:28 AM) *
Sure I guess, just entertaining the thought while trying to make the point also that if Wilder wanted a name fighter who happens to also be a club fighter (the kind of guys he's seems to fight lately), why not Kimbo.

But I just seen the interview and it pretty much sums up this guys future so, thanx for that.

Cool. Yeah, I understand your point better now. The headline with Kimbo Slice's name in it definitely took the focus off your premise.

No problem re. mentioning the interview. I'm guessing that either the main FightHype or FightHpeUK will do a follow up interview with him at some point.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 10 2012, 10:31 PM) *
The truth is sometimes a MF.

I think he should have came to boxing instead of testing MMA, but I think it did good with him getting more exposure than YouTube could at that point.

Only if his talents were discovered early and he didn't have that knee injury.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 10 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Lmao, damn is this topic that dead of a give away to my "extra curricular activities" sheesh!

No judgement here my man, lol...none at all.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 11 2012, 12:48 AM) *

What gets me is...I cant even name a past Wilder opponent. It makes it twice as sad, because I've seen him fight more than a few times. Walk down the block and ask people who Deontae Wilder is, they'll scoff and ask who he is. Ask who Kimbo Slice is, you'll get an animated response.

Slice is decent name for Wilder...well, he would've been. Too bad he's to the MMA and gotten scrubbed a few times. The thrill of knocking him out, is long gone. So I agree with you, Slice as an opponent would be a joke at this point. Im almost curious as to know what network would air this fight. *brain goes dead*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.