9. Martinez
checkleft
Floyd
Ward
Martinez
Pac
Cotto
Jmm

Idk if this is an option but if it was up to me I wouldn't put Hopkins or Dawson in there and donaire maybe at ten. I would consider frotch up there, he has had great wins and has been in there with top competition in both wins and losses. Also I would prefer mares over nonito, he has gone up against stiffer competition and has looked better. Also if he beats anselmo he will be top ten in mine for sure.

But if these are the only options it would go as follows:

Donaire
Dawson
Bhop
BigFightFan
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 12 2012, 05:31 PM) *
Floyd
Ward
Martinez
Pac
Cotto
Jmm

Idk if this is an option but if it was up to me I wouldn't put Hopkins or Dawson in there and donaire maybe at ten. I would consider frotch up there, he has had great wins and has been in there with top competition in both wins and losses. Also I would prefer mares over nonito, he has gone up against stiffer competition and has looked better. Also if he beats anselmo he will be top ten in mine for sure.

But if these are the only options it would go as follows:

Donaire
Dawson
Bhop

Donaire over Bhop? What are we basing this ranking on? Career accomplishments or their current status?
checkleft
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 12 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Donaire over Bhop? What are we basing this ranking on? Career accomplishments or their current status?

I was going off current status.. donaire can't touch Bhop in terms of career right now Haha
daprofessor
skills and accomplishment.
mrchitown
If we're going off of skill career accomplishments then how the hell do you people have Ward over Hopkins right now? LMAO

I have it like this....

Floyd

BHop

Pacquiao

Cotto

JMM

Ward

Dawson

Donaire

Martinez

Floyd has fought so many former/current world champions and future HOF'ers that he deserves to be tops on a list like this. He is an intelligent fighter and systematically breaks his opponents down. Very precise and accurate and is a defensive mastermind. Hopkins in my opinion should've been named fighter of the decade, he takes on anyone and is always out there looking for a challenge, he defies odds and he throws it in the critics faces when he does. He's not the oldest champ in history for nothing. He is a shining example of what a good lifestlye leads to. I've always admired his discipline

Pac is up there but he wouldn't be if he hadn't fought fighters who had to kill themselves to just to step thru the ropes and face him, still his run of fights against Barrera, Morales, and JMM are nothing short of amazing. Cotto is a man's man, he's a laid back cool guy who just speaks soft but walks with a big stick. He is a tremendous body puncher and he doesn't back down from any fighter. JMM has been an elite fighter for quite some time and I think it's obvious that he has Manny's number, he'd be right behind Floyd and Bernard if he could've got the "official" decision from the judges.

Ward is on his way to greatness, I see HOF in his future but he has much more to do in his career, but he could possibly move up and go down as better then Floyd when he decides to hang'em up. I had Dawson over Donaire because Chad's resume is better then Nonito's. Chad's beaten an impressive list of fighters at LHW while Nonaire is content to let Arum make him out to be the New Manny. Martinez could and evens should be higher up on the list but unfortunately he hasn't had that fight to put him over the top, maybe Saturday night will be the moment, but in terms of skill, he is definitely in the conversation

Kratza
Im ranking these on their current status

Floyd
Ward
JMM
Pacquiao
Martinez - Hard one between him and Cotto but Cotto just lost so Martinez is here
Cotto
Dawson
BHop - Would be up there if in his prime, higher than Donaire because of the recent wins BHop has had despite his age
Donaire

Edit:
Ranking in skills and Accomplishments

Floyd
Pacquiao
BHop
Cotto
JMM
Ward
Dawson
Martinez
Donaire

Hard to choose between JMM, Cotto and BHop though, all 3 are truly great fighters
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 12 2012, 07:44 PM) *
If we're going off of skill career accomplishments then how the hell do you people have Ward over Hopkins right now? LMAO

I have it like this....

Floyd

BHop

Pacquiao

Cotto

JMM

Ward

Dawson

Donaire

Martinez

Floyd has fought so many former/current world champions and future HOF'ers that he deserves to be tops on a list like this. He is an intelligent fighter and systematically breaks his opponents down. Very precise and accurate and is a defensive mastermind. Hopkins in my opinion should've been named fighter of the decade, he takes on anyone and is always out there looking for a challenge, he defies odds and he throws it in the critics faces when he does. He's not the oldest champ in history for nothing. He is a shining example of what a good lifestlye leads to. I've always admired his discipline

Pac is up there but he wouldn't be if he hadn't fought fighters who had to kill themselves to just to step thru the ropes and face him, still his run of fights against Barrera, Morales, and JMM are nothing short of amazing. Cotto is a man's man, he's a laid back cool guy who just speaks soft but walks with a big stick. He is a tremendous body puncher and he doesn't back down from any fighter. JMM has been an elite fighter for quite some time and I think it's obvious that he has Manny's number, he'd be right behind Floyd and Bernard if he could've got the "official" decision from the judges.

Ward is on his way to greatness, I see HOF in his future but he has much more to do in his career, but he could possibly move up and go down as better then Floyd when he decides to hang'em up. I had Dawson over Donaire because Chad's resume is better then Nonito's. Chad's beaten an impressive list of fighters at LHW while Nonaire is content to let Arum make him out to be the New Manny. Martinez could and evens should be higher up on the list but unfortunately he hasn't had that fight to put him over the top, maybe Saturday night will be the moment, but in terms of skill, he is definitely in the conversation

i didn't rate them..i provided the list of names. smile.gif
mgrover
floyd - do i really need to explain this? solid skills + PPV king, one of the GOATs
pac - skills not so amazing, but at the lower weight classes when he was younger he was a beast
jmm - very good technical fighter, made popular by his clashes with pac me thinks.
ward - solid fighter, still needs to do something to achieve greatness
bhop - solid middleweight run, solid fundamentals, never really took off in popularity
martinez - overrated some what, yet nobody will fight him, I think the chavez fight will make or break his name, thing is he'd never surpass bhop in this list
cotto - ive always been harsh on cotto and didn't think he was anything special and i still don't, i want to see a rematch with pac at 154 to see him get sat again.
dawson - sure he was weight drained but he took the fight, plus sure he beat bhop but he never needed to pick him up and drop him
donaire - very athletic but lacks D, kinda well known thanks to pac exposing filipino fighters to the world.

about it really
daprofessor
skills
floyd
bhop
ward
jmm
cotto
dawson
donaire
martinez
pac

accomplishment
bhop
floyd
pac
jmm
ward
martinez
dawson
cotto
donaire

Plah
Floyd
Ward
Bhop
Jmm
Martinez
Pac
Dawson
Cotto
Donaire
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 13 2012, 03:04 PM) *
skills
floyd
bhop
ward
jmm
cotto
dawson
donaire
martinez
pac

accomplishment
bhop
floyd
pac
jmm
ward
martinez
dawson
cotto
donaire

I like the list, I went back and forth between Floyd and Bernard as being #1.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 13 2012, 02:54 PM) *
floyd - do i really need to explain this? solid skills + PPV king, one of the GOATs
pac - skills not so amazing, but at the lower weight classes when he was younger he was a beast
jmm - very good technical fighter, made popular by his clashes with pac me thinks.
ward - solid fighter, still needs to do something to achieve greatness
bhop - solid middleweight run, solid fundamentals, never really took off in popularity
martinez - overrated some what, yet nobody will fight him, I think the chavez fight will make or break his name, thing is he'd never surpass bhop in this list
cotto - ive always been harsh on cotto and didn't think he was anything special and i still don't, i want to see a rematch with pac at 154 to see him get sat again.
dawson - sure he was weight drained but he took the fight, plus sure he beat bhop but he never needed to pick him up and drop him
donaire - very athletic but lacks D, kinda well known thanks to pac exposing filipino fighters to the world.

about it really

Cotto at 154, with no catch weight vs Manny? I think Manny will get beaten, it's a reason he don't want to fight Cotto over 150, but he didn't have that problem fighting Margarito at the weight. Like the shirts say "Manny knows"
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 14 2012, 08:33 PM) *
Cotto at 154, with no catch weight vs Manny? I think Manny will get beaten, it's a reason he don't want to fight Cotto over 150, but he didn't have that problem fighting Margarito at the weight. Like the shirts say "Manny knows"

yeah pac at 154, or well cotto at 154 and pac comes in where ever between 150-154 am guessing
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 14 2012, 02:31 PM) *
I like the list, I went back and forth between Floyd and Bernard as being #1.

for skills...it definitely has to be floyd. he's never been down...never been beaten...and it's a rare occasion when he gets his nose busted.

for accomplishments...u can't argue bhops longevity...record title defenses....or his accomplishments past the age 40.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 14 2012, 02:33 PM) *

exactly.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 14 2012, 03:35 PM) *
yeah pac at 154, or well cotto at 154 and pac comes in where ever between 150-154 am guessing

I think Manny has a chance if he could drain Cotto to 152 but Miguel is on his boss mode and I don't see them fighting again. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see the two of them fight again, but it has to be without a catch weight
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 14 2012, 05:49 PM) *
for skills...it definitely has to be floyd. he's never been down...never been beaten...and it's a rare occasion when he gets his nose busted.

for accomplishments...u can't argue bhops longevity...record title defenses....or his accomplishments past the age 40.

I agree with that
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 14 2012, 09:23 PM) *
I think Manny has a chance if he could drain Cotto to 152 but Miguel is on his boss mode and I don't see them fighting again. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see the two of them fight again, but it has to be without a catch weight

same here.

mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 17 2012, 12:05 AM) *
same here.

I think it would be a better fight then the Mayweather-Cotto fight
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2012, 04:40 PM) *
I think it would be a better fight then the Mayweather-Cotto fight

i know i'm going to piss ppl off with this statement....but in a rematch i think cotto stops pac.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 17 2012, 06:54 PM) *
i know i'm going to piss ppl off with this statement....but in a rematch i think cotto stops pac.

Oh shit...why did you say that hahahaha
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 17 2012, 10:11 PM) *
Oh shit...why did you say that hahahaha

because he has a real trainer now who has fixed most of his mistakes and he won't be trading recklessly. plus...i seriously doubt his trainer lets the hbo cameras film all of cotto's game plans and makes them available to the opposing camp like the first time.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2012, 01:20 PM) *
because he has a real trainer now who has fixed most of his mistakes and he won't be trading recklessly. plus...i seriously doubt his trainer lets the hbo cameras film all of cotto's game plans and makes them available to the opposing camp like the first time.

True, people were questioning Cotto hard when he left Manny steward in favor of Pedro. Including myself, under Steward I saw some great strides in Cotto's fighting, especially coming off of those 2 brutal losses . But Diaz added to what Steward with Miguel and he's a force to be reckoned with again, improved balance, solid defense, and he's counter punching
Plah
I can see Cotto winning 7 rounds against Pac in 154. Not happening though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.