Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: floyd mayweather & Gambling Issues
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
zzeeda
Hi guys I would like to know your take on this topic... personally, I think floyd's got a gambling problem or a very bad gambling habit that could get him into some very deep shit.
for the record I am a floyd fan.. it would pain me to see one of the greatest boxers of his generation and one of the highest earning athletes of his generation go down the drain like so many others.
Anyway, I did a little research online on floyd and his gambling habits, I didn't like what I saw.. The signs don't look good AT ALL.... from placing 250k bets on a regular basis to reportedly losing 1 million + usd in a single bet...(not good).

I would like to know what you guys think. Please try not to post a reply to this thread unless you've done some research otherwise I would not even aknowlege or answer any stupid post. All intelligent replies are welcome. but I am not an admin so... ohh well!

I also came across this on youtube today..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83c4b-iFsNY...feature=related
its floyd, 50 miss jackson and the kids at some movie premiere.. watch out for the body languages.. and let me know what you guys think... peace.
leonthegee
Everybody on this site knows im a huge Floyd fan but if he ends up broke its his own damn fault. Im not gonna cry for him. Hes an adult.
mitukczuk
Good shit, Zzeeda!

My take on this - Never take what you read for granted. To me, Floyd spends a lot, he gambles, but he loves the money too much to be stupid to lose it. In other words, he is ok and he himself in one interview admitted to lose 1 mil. Until Floyd goes out and says something about the topic himself, I don't care. This is my personal opinion about all rumors, not only in Floyd's case.

The youtube vid is actually quite interesting. There really is something strange about the body language of all characters. But again, I will not jump into any conclusions. I think all the buzz we are hearing now about the rift between Floyd and 50 is a well calculated business move.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 14 2012, 08:53 AM) *
Everybody on this site knows im a huge Floyd fan but if he ends up broke its his own damn fault. Im not gonna cry for him. Hes an adult.

Agreed! The only way I would care if it was my money. People get too caught up in what athletes and entertainers are making these days.
Kratza
She cheated while Floyd was in prison
nah i joke but it's a possibility

and yeah he has a gambling problem but when he has nothing left he only has himself to blame
daprofessor
between the gambling, gold diggers, expensive taste, making it rain, burning benji's, buying 10k shoes for his woman...etc..etc...there's no doubt he'll end up broke. it's happened to the best of them.

Musashi100
he can do whatever he wants with his money. spending his money is probably a wiser thing to do since the worth of the american dollar is slowly dropping
checkleft
This is really old news tho. He once lost a 80k voucher in the parking lot of a bet he won.... If he loses it all he has no one but himself to blame. He was the highest paid athlete last year for gods sake idk how people could feel sorry for him lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 14 2012, 01:01 PM) *
This is really old news tho. He once lost a 80k voucher in the parking lot of a bet he won.... If he loses it all he has no one but himself to blame. He was the highest paid athlete last year for gods sake idk how people could feel sorry for him lol

i don't feel sorry for him...or mike tyson...or evander holyfield...

these guys have lived lives that we can only imagine.
zzeeda
Thanks for all your replies. they where quite intriguing and made me see things another way.
Yeah I guess he probably has ... its a shame he can't see it though. Its almost like there is a big disconnect between where he is and where is coming from.. i.e the day to day world of normal living.
I am sorry If I got too caught up in the life of an athlete. I just feel sad when people waste their money stupidly. but @ the end of the day, its his money and he worked for it. all be it taking blows to the head in general.

If he becomes penniless, it would be sad. but he could say he had fun.. hahaha
mrchitown
His bets look pretty good to me lol. Everybody addicted to something, at least he's addicted to money
zzeeda
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 15 2012, 04:34 AM) *
His bets look pretty good to me lol. Everybody addicted to something, at least he's addicted to money

hahahha... that was a good one.
mrchitown
QUOTE (zzeeda @ Sep 15 2012, 09:44 AM) *
hahahha... that was a good one.

LOL
Cshel86
Why am I just seeing this? LOL

Floyd needs to learn the golden rule about keeping your lady away from homeboys, it never works out well. They are too "family-like", and Im sure 50 (or any other sane man) would smash that it the opportunity presented itself.

As for the way he spends his money, yall are right, its his money, so he can do what he pleases. It's also true (as mentioned in this thread) that the best of them (Tyson, Holyfield, etc) have financially bitten the dust from living the fast life.

I pass by Holyfield's kingdom, and man I tell ya, it's got to be hard for him to have lost all of that. Somebody should've been in his ear, telling him to downgrade a loooong time ago. Just because you have a fuckin' mansion that you've paid off (in his case, no), it doesn't mean that the maintenance wont hurt you later.

Let me see: (maintenance)
1. Indoor/outdoor pools
2. Utilities...dont even get me started, especially with houses that fuckin' big
3. Lawn care
4. Property taxes
5. Luxury taxes
6. Children
7. Begging/dependent family members
8. Get-rich-quick friends or "business partners"/bad investments
9. Lawyers/court fees/legal woes/settlements

Some (if not most) of these things take rich people under, either quickly, or in the end when the fall is fast and devastating. I'm not 110% of Floyd's situation, but SOME of his bad money decisions have to be true, ALL of this shit cant be rumors. His biggest gamble right now is this woman of his. I cant feel sorry for him, nor should anyone else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.