Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sergio & Naazim???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Looks like Sergio's bringing in Naazim Richardson as a cornerman on his behalf this Saturday according to BoxingScene. It's gonna be interesting to see these to work together, as much knowledge as Brother Naaz has to offer in this sport, I can see him pretty much workin with almost anybody. Odd news, but good for Sergio...

P.S. I still say Chavez jr. Gets him out of there inside 7, but it's gonna be war.
checkleft
Just read that too. No doubt he brought him in to make sure nothing fishy goes on in the glove or handwrap department. I doubt he will do much coaching in the corner
Gambit808
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 14 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Just read that too. No doubt he brought him in to make sure nothing fishy goes on in the glove or handwrap department. I doubt he will do much coaching in the corner

Yea I thought the same, Sergio's English ain't that good yet lol.
daprofessor
nice move on sergio's part. shit just escalated.

they should thoroughly inspect the gloves at the weigh in today.
checkleft
Seems like naazim already made an impact but not for Martinez. Turns out when they weighed the gloves Martinez were 9.5 oz and chavez were 9.7 oz. The agreed size was ten but both now have agreed to go with 9.7
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 14 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Seems like naazim already made an impact but not for Martinez. Turns out when they weighed the gloves Martinez were 9.5 oz and chavez were 9.7 oz. The agreed size was ten but both now have agreed to go with 9.7

Nazim got an eye for that type of stuff lol. Coincidentally, do you know if they were grant gloves?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 14 2012, 09:58 PM) *

nazim the GOAT
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 14 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Nazim got an eye for that type of stuff lol. Coincidentally, do you know if they were grant gloves?

I have no idea. I know Martinez and macklin wore grant in their last fight, not sure what chavez wore.. I know theirs differences in gloves (punchers gloves like reyes ect.) What kind are grant considered to be by fighters?
The Original MrFactor
Great move by Sergio's team!! Maybe the little cheat will be on the up and up this time around. Hopefully Sergio taxes that a$$!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 15 2012, 01:35 AM) *
I have no idea. I know Martinez and macklin wore grant in their last fight, not sure what chavez wore.. I know theirs differences in gloves (punchers gloves like reyes ect.) What kind are grant considered to be by fighters?

Odd thing is, Grant is becoming the puncher's glove nowadays. I know that Reyes gloves has horse hair in them...so I guess that Grant and Reyes are almost similar. I could be wrong though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.