Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: Chavez vs. Martinez@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) SPOILERS (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
BigFightFan
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 16 2012, 12:01 AM) *
Big round for Sergio.... This fight is over, total mismatch. When I first saw Chavez fight I thought Sergio would mop the kid, but intentions changed later, but damn first intentions were correct.

Sergio is fighting like a bitch but it's effective. Chavez needs to cut off the ring and dig to the body to slow this fuck down
MaxPayne
Slightly better round for Chavez, but sorry, Sergio up 8-0.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 15 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Sergio is fighting like a bitch but it's effective. Chavez needs to cut off the ring and dig to the body to slow this fuck down

How's he fighting like a bitch lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Sep 16 2012, 12:04 AM) *
Slightly better round for Chavez, but sorry, Sergio up 8-0.

Same here. As expected. If Chavez Jr. can't get Martinez on the ropes for an extended period of time, he's got nothing else in his limited bag of tricks.
sduck
This fight sucks actually, i dont think Chavez is even trying to win, might be preserving for a robbery.
Hotsauce
no wonder arum kept chavez from martinez
MaxPayne
Big shots landed, points scored.

9-0.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 15 2012, 11:08 PM) *
no wonder arum kept chavez from martinez

True
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2012, 12:05 AM) *
How's he fighting like a bitch lol

He's pot-shoting and running, but jr isnt doing shit though
MaxPayne
10-0 Sergio.

Hysterical.
sduck
And I just remembered, of course Freddie Roach is Chavez's trainer, HOF trainer my ass lmfao
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 16 2012, 12:09 AM) *

Jr. isn't doing much because he knows that Martinez can catch him and K him the F O.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 15 2012, 11:08 PM) *
True

and there won't be a rematch
MaxPayne
You could potentially give that round to Chavez, but he only really landed 1 big punch. It was all Sergio otherwise.

Whatever.

11-0 Sergio.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 15 2012, 11:09 PM) *

SMH at movement being running, he's fighting a great mark, I just disagree with your bitch assessment

You don't set your feet and give a power puncher a chance to hit you and possibly KO you, their gameplan is perfect and Chavez is being exposed as what he really is....ordinary, just like his trainer
mgrover
watch the judges give some bullshit
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 16 2012, 12:14 AM) *
Jr. isn't doing much because he knows that Martinez can catch him and K him the F O.

I expected so much more from this fight and especially from Chavez.
sduck
OOHHHH !!!!!
BigFightFan
Chavez baby
BigFightFan
If he would have let his hands go earlier he could have ko'd that bitch
un01
Martinez had it till then. their giving chavez the decision
MaxPayne
Damn. Thought Sergio might have been out on his feet out there, but he ended up recovering.

11-1 Sergio.
mgrover
damn it martinez, could of made it a flawless fight
Plah
What an ending. Lol.
sduck
Good round by Chavez, massacre otherwise.
BigFightFan
Who said no rematch?
un01
WOW! Bob actually gave it to martinez
mgrover
justice has been done
sduck
Why would there be a rematch? That was a massacre.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 16 2012, 12:21 AM) *
damn it martinez, could of made it a flawless fight

Indeed, but whatever, Martinez won. If they give it to Chavez Jr. then he'd better give Maravilla a rematch. I'm picking Martinez again.
mrchitown
YES!!!! Shoutout to Maravilla for knowing how to fight this bum! I'm going to pick up my $ tomorrow morning hahahaha
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2012, 05:24 AM) *
YES!!!! Shoutout to Maravilla for knowing how to fight this bum! I'm going to pick up my $ tomorrow morning hahahaha

this has payed for my next few nights out
BigFightFan
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 16 2012, 12:23 AM) *
Why would there be a rematch? That was a massacre.

Not really Martinez almost didn't make it out the last round. He bought time when he went down on the slip. This was far from a massacre.
un01
Floyd vs Martinez anyone?
mgrover
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 16 2012, 05:26 AM) *
Not really Martinez almost didn't make it out the last round. He bought time when he went down on the slip. This was far from a massacre.

seems more like too much ego from Martinez, if he stayed mobile and pot shotted, the whole KD could of been avoided
sduck
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 16 2012, 12:26 AM) *

The entire fight was of Chavez getting outclassed by a much better fighter. He had a big final round but he pretty much got embarrassed.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 15 2012, 11:25 PM) *
this has payed for my next few nights out

Mine too hahaha, and everybody screaming rematch, I'd be happy to watch Maravilla crush him again

JCC jr throws those body shots too wide and he's slow. Martinez used movement, feints, and speed to beat him...and in a rematch it would happen again. Wouldn't nobody be talking rematch if it wasn't for that knockdown
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 16 2012, 12:28 AM) *
seems more like too much ego from Martinez, if he stayed mobile and pot shotted, the whole KD could of been avoided

That's true but Sergio didn't stay mobile and almost paid the price.
Hotsauce
i don't mind a rematch
mgrover
seems to me all martinez did was duck down a bit so JCC jr wouldn't have a shot to his body
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 15 2012, 11:26 PM) *

WTF? 11-1 isn't a massacre hahahaha. I heard a 117-111 which is 9-3 in rounds and even that was genrous
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2012, 12:33 AM) *
WTF? 11-1 isn't a massacre hahahaha. I heard a 117-111 which is 9-3 in rounds and even that was genrous

A massacre was what happend to josesito Lopez. Just because he won 9-3 doesn't make it one. The bottom line is where will Sergio go from here to get a payday and be on PPV. Floyd and PAC aren't going to fight him, so who else besides Chavez will give him another payday. In the rematch jr will be more confident.
Musashi100
martinez need to fight andre ward. stop milking the weak ass MW division an fight ward.

also martinez is a lucky motherfucker. if he would've lost this fight via KO he probably goes down as the dumbest boxer in history.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 15 2012, 11:39 PM) *
A massacre was what happend to josesito Lopez. Just because he won 9-3 doesn't make it one. The bottom line is where will Sergio go from here to get a payday and be on PPV. Floyd and PAC aren't going to fight him, so who else besides Chavez will give him another payday. In the rematch jr will be more confident.

If we're talking paydays then yeah, they should go for a rematch but a knockdown, which was really the only moment he had in the fight does not warrant a rematch. Sure he'll be more confident, but the skill of Martinez is too much for Chavez jr, what adjustments can he make.

The same thing that happened tonight will happen in a rematch and when he eventually moves to 168 it will happen again. You seem to favor his brawling style which is cool but brawlers 9 out of 10 always fall to intelligent boxers, and Martinez is definitely intelligent in the ring

A ko doesn't mean massacre and Lopez had more moments in his fight the Julio did in this one lol. Chavez was carved up like by a surgeon over 12 rds and waited 33mins to do something, that is very telling about his confidence you speak of
mrchitown
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Sep 15 2012, 11:47 PM) *
martinez need to fight andre ward. stop milking the weak ass MW division an fight ward.

also martinez is a lucky motherfucker. if he would've lost this fight via KO he probably goes down as the dumbest boxer in history.

He won't fight Ward

his team already said for them to fight Ward, SOG would have to come down to MW. Andre aint stupid and he's the bigger draw. But if they did fight I'd give the edge to SOG
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Sep 15 2012, 11:47 PM) *

u think he would be comfortable at 168?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 15 2012, 11:50 PM) *
He won't fight Ward

his team already said for them to fight Ward, SOG would have to come down to MW. Andre aint stupid and he's the bigger draw. But if they did fight I'd give the edge to SOG

yea ward won't go down, i think he's smarter than that
The Original MrFactor
For once the deck wasnt stacked in Chavez' favor and he got his ass out hustled. Good for Martinez. I cant stand Chavez, wish him luck at 168... On second thought, no the hell i dont...
mgrover
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 16 2012, 05:32 AM) *
That's true but Sergio didn't stay mobile and almost paid the price.

we'll see what happens in the rematch, personally I think he should just unify the titles, take on all comers, till he can't be bothered anymore or loses, he'll of made his money then
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2012, 12:49 AM) *
If we're talking paydays then yeah, they should go for a rematch but a knockdown, which was really the only moment he had in the fight does not warrant a rematch. Sure he'll be more confident, but the skill of Martinez is too much for Chavez jr, what adjustments can he make.

The same thing that happened tonight will happen in a rematch and when he eventually moves to 168 it will happen again. You seem to favor his brawling style which is cool but brawlers 9 out of 10 always fall to intelligent boxers, and Martinez is definitely intelligent in the ring

A ko doesn't mean massacre and Lopez had more moments in his fight the Julio did in this one lol. Chavez was carved up like by a surgeon over 12 rds and waited 33mins to do something, that is very telling about his confidence you speak of

Lopez was seriously hurt several times in the fight, can't say the same about Chavez. Congrats to Sergio on the win, bit I think jr dropped the ball.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.