Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: in a perfect world...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
daprofessor
in a perfect world....

-martinez would be a huge star and be paid what he is worth based on his amazing accomplishments.

-canelo would have been ktfo'd by lopez for allowing that fight to happen in the first place.

-jmm should be 2-1 vs pacquiao.

-margarito should have been banned for life.

-dlh should have stood his ground in those last few rounds and got ktfo'd like he was supposed to against trinidad.

-jim lampley and larry merchant would be announcers for the wwe where they belong.
mgrover
Muhammad Ali would of stayed retired
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 17 2012, 05:20 PM) *
Muhammad Ali would of stayed retired

As well as Roy Jones

Canelo would fight people in his weight class

Bullshit aside may pac would happen with a reasonable split and drug testing at a full weight class

Margs would have gotten caught before the cotto fight

Somebody, anybody! Would give the klit bros a freaking challenge

Plah
Agree with every one except the Dlh one. No way Tito won that fight.
Gambit808
(someone had to see this coming) Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight would be 2 years old.

Knockout bonuses (like this past sat.) would be given for EVERY PPV fight.

Paul Williams wouldn't have gotten in that accident.

Edwin Valero would still be alive and would semi-main event "knockout kings undercard"

Weight limits would actually mean something...
boxingloner
Floydiots and Pactards would be friends and they wouldn't be so stupid.

Floyd would have fought the fights everyone wanted to see.

Floyd would fight for legacy first.
mgrover
Joe calzaghe would of fought Hopkins and Jones jr in there prime

Tyson would of fought lewis in his prime, not been with don king, gone to jail etc etc
Cshel86
1. Cotto would tell Canelo to go fuck himself, if GBP ever came to him to make a fight.

2. Mosley and Trinidad would've fought

3. Taylor would've gotten the decision against Chavez in the first fight.

4. The fuckin' Las Vegas Mass Choir wouldn't have sang the National Anthem at the Chavez/Martinez bout this past weekend. laugh.gif
pimpfighterROQ
1. Pac fought Cotto at full 147 lbs and retired as a 7th weight class world champion

2. Marquez and Morales already announcing their trilogy this year.

3. Mayweather fought Cotto after the Ricky Hatton fight

4. Boxing judges were fair 100% of the time (erasing all those fights that were scored unjustly. eg: PacvsMarquez/LeonardvsHearns2/MayweathervsCastillio/PacBradley many more..
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 17 2012, 08:41 PM) *
1. Cotto would tell Canelo to go fuck himself, if GBP ever came to him to make a fight.

2. Mosley and Trinidad would've fought

3. Taylor would've gotten the decision against Chavez in the first fight.

4. The fuckin' Las Vegas Mass Choir wouldn't have sang the National Anthem at the Chavez/Martinez bout this past weekend. laugh.gif

Love this one Shels, so much truth in that statement
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 17 2012, 05:36 PM) *
As well as Roy Jones

Canelo would fight people in his weight class

Bullshit aside may pac would happen with a reasonable split and drug testing at a full weight class

Margs would have gotten caught before the cotto fight

Somebody, anybody! Would give the klit bros a freaking challenge

Margs did get caught before the fight... but in a perfect world it would been called off and Cotto might still be the same
checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Sep 18 2012, 09:17 AM) *
Margs did get caught before the fight... but in a perfect world it would been called off and Cotto might still be the same

I'm pretty sure the first time he got caught after the cotto fight right before the mosley fight bro.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 17 2012, 06:50 PM) *
Joe calzaghe would of fought Hopkins and Jones jr in there prime

Tyson would of fought lewis in his prime, not been with don king, gone to jail etc etc

in a perfect world...

-tyson would have never left kevin rooney of bill cayton...and would have went down as one of the best ever. sad.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Sep 17 2012, 09:53 PM) *
1. Pac fought Cotto at full 147 lbs and retired as a 7th weight class world champion

2. Marquez and Morales already announcing their trilogy this year.

3. Mayweather fought Cotto after the Ricky Hatton fight

4. Boxing judges were fair 100% of the time (erasing all those fights that were scored unjustly. eg: PacvsMarquez/LeonardvsHearns2/MayweathervsCastillio/PacBradley many more..

so disappointed that fight didn't happen then...but looking back, floyd probably would have won it.
Franchize
Floyd would get more respect for trying to illuminate ppl on the cheating in boxing.
There would be a tournament with Bradley, Khan, Alexander, Ortiz, Malinaggi, Guerrero, Berto, Lopez and Peterson at 147.
The winner would fight the winner of May/Pac. The runner up would fight the loser of May/Pac.
Paul Williams would be healthy and fighting top middleweight competition. I admittedly almost teared up seeing him at Canelos fight.
Arturo Gatti would be alive, retired, and providing witty commentary with also retired Roy Jones Jr.
Don King, Bob Arum and Larry Merchant would be in an old folks home getting their asses wiped by some evil nurse with barbed sand paper.
Jim Lampley would wisen up, let go of his biases, and take those stupid 3D looking glasses off his face.
Teddy Atlas would get a larger platform to inform ppl about the nuances of boxing.
Dan Rafael would be responsible and call everyone out on their BS, not just the ppl that nobody likes.
Margarito would walk around like Ali does after Cotto KOd him and was allowed to punch him repeatedly after the bell.
Tyson wouldnt have been treated like an animal by many including King, Washington and Givens.
In a post fight interview vs Marquez, Manny would admit he lost and punch Arum in the face.
Mayweather would pay his legal fees, then school him for 12 rounds.
Max Kellerman would call Freddy Roach an overrated trainer during one of his fighters bouts where they STILL cant cut off a ring or defend,
Roger Mayweather would start winning more awards and Virgil Hunter would become a household name.
Robert Guerrero would be the nurse in that old folks home after losing in the first round of said tournament lol.
boxingloner
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 18 2012, 11:37 AM) *
Roger Mayweather would start winning more awards and Virgil Hunter would become a household name.

Well maybe if he starts turning fighters into champions, then he would get those awards. Instead of piggybacking off of Floyd who fights only once every two years and who was taught what what he knows and does by someone else.

checkleft
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 18 2012, 02:53 PM) *
Well maybe if he starts turning fighters into champions, then he would get those awards. Instead of piggybacking off of Floyd who fights only once every two years and who was taught what what he knows and does by someone else.

Wow..
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 18 2012, 02:37 PM) *
Floyd would get more respect for trying to illuminate ppl on the cheating in boxing.
There would be a tournament with Bradley, Khan, Alexander, Ortiz, Malinaggi, Guerrero, Berto, Lopez and Peterson at 147.
The winner would fight the winner of May/Pac. The runner up would fight the loser of May/Pac.
Paul Williams would be healthy and fighting top middleweight competition. I admittedly almost teared up seeing him at Canelos fight.
Arturo Gatti would be alive, retired, and providing witty commentary with also retired Roy Jones Jr.
Don King, Bob Arum and Larry Merchant would be in an old folks home getting their asses wiped by some evil nurse with barbed sand paper.
Jim Lampley would wisen up, let go of his biases, and take those stupid 3D looking glasses off his face.
Teddy Atlas would get a larger platform to inform ppl about the nuances of boxing.
Dan Rafael would be responsible and call everyone out on their BS, not just the ppl that nobody likes.
Margarito would walk around like Ali does after Cotto KOd him and was allowed to punch him repeatedly after the bell.
Tyson wouldnt have been treated like an animal by many including King, Washington and Givens.
In a post fight interview vs Marquez, Manny would admit he lost and punch Arum in the face.
Max Kellerman would call Freddy Roach an overrated trainer during one of his fighters bouts where they STILL cant cut off a ring or defend,
Robert Guerrero would be the nurse in that old folks home after losing in the first round of said tournament lol.

Great statement, and that might happen if Khan gets some quality wins.
aTYpicalTYrant
Sweet Pea would have decisions DLH...... Or at least received a rematch. One can dream right?
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Sep 18 2012, 02:28 PM) *
Sweet Pea would have decisions DLH...... Or at least received a rematch. One can dream right?

sweat pea would have gotten his deserved win over jose luis ramirez the first time...and he would have gotten the 'w' against chavez as well.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 18 2012, 01:37 PM) *

good shit. laugh.gif
daprofessor
in a perfect world...

the klitschko's would fight and dominate like the big men they are instead of fighting so cautiously and putting me to sleep.

the cubans would be able to turn pro after they participated in the olympics.

bad decisions would be reviewed immediately and judges found guilty of incompetence or cheating would be killed by a firing squad.

boxing would be back on network television on saturdays right after cartoons like it was when i was a kid.

there would only be on champion per division and he would be required to defend a minimum of twice a year...1 mandatory, 1 optional.

the winners of any boxing match would get the higher percentage of the purse.

Cheesey1
Solid thread Prof.

Great posts by everyone.

My only addition is

...Allmenjoi and Cshel would get along.
Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 17 2012, 04:46 PM) *
in a perfect world....

-martinez would be a huge star and be paid what he is worth based on his amazing accomplishments.

-canelo would have been ktfo'd by lopez for allowing that fight to happen in the first place.

-jmm should be 2-1 vs pacquiao.

-margarito should have been banned for life.

-dlh should have stood his ground in those last few rounds and got ktfo'd like he was supposed to against trinidad.

-jim lampley and larry merchant would be announcers for the wwe where they belong.

In a perfect world Mayweather-Pacquiao wouldnt even be a topic of discussion since Marquez wouldve beaten pacquiao twice and Mayweather outclassed Marquez. People would realize that that fight would be a boring easy UD for Mayweather. Instead Mayweather-Martinez would be the Mega fight.
In a perfect world Adrien Broner would fight Gamboa/Garry Russel Jr.
In a perfect world Donaire would fight Abner Mares
Andre Dirrell and Andre Ward would be the two super six finalists
Mayweather would end off his boxing legacy by moving up to 160 to accept Martinez's Challenge.
Cotto would suffer his first loss to Mayweather.
Cotto vs Martinez parts 1 & 2 would be happening at 154 and 160 after Cotto wouldve exposed Canelo.
Canelo would fight Chavez Jr. at 160
Nazim Richardson would win trainer of the year
Timothy Bradley would fight Berto with no head butting
Lucas Matthyse (spell check pending) would fight Maidana
Dawson would have stayed in his weight class instead of coming down in weight smh
Robert Guerrero would STFU, stay in his lane, and fight solid WW
Berto & Ortiz would give us a part 2 & 3
50 Cent would stay out of boxing.
GBP and TR would wok in harmony
Top 5 P4P rankings would be: Mayweather, Marquez, Martinez, Ward, Cotto
Uncle Roger would work with more fighters
Ricky Hatton wouldve stuck to the gamplan against Pacquiao :'D
Josesito would get a title shot against Garcia
Garcia and Broner would meet somewhere down the line
Mayweather vs Paul williams at WW wouldve happened after Mayweather vs DLH or Mayweather vs Hatton
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2012, 03:51 PM) *
sweat pea would have gotten his deserved win over jose luis ramirez the first time...and he would have gotten the 'w' against chavez as well.

Man you aint never lied! That fight with DLH was my first time ever feeling truly heartbroken in a sport due to what I considered robbery. I may need to watch that fight again now that I'm older but that was UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE for me at the time. I'm not gonna lie I was a fan of Sweet Pea but I had honestly felt like he earned a W.

I felt like Lawrence Fishburne in the movie "Cornbread, Earl, and Me."
Plah
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 18 2012, 02:37 PM) *

LMAAAOOOOOOOOO. Great post.
Franchize
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Sep 18 2012, 08:59 PM) *
Man you aint never lied! That fight with DLH was my first time ever feeling truly heartbroken in a sport due to what I considered robbery. I may need to watch that fight again now that I'm older but that was UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE for me at the time. I'm not gonna lie I was a fan of Sweet Pea but I had honestly felt like he earned a W.

They didnt have to kill Cornbread like that man. All he wanted was some orange juice
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 18 2012, 07:31 PM) *
Solid thread Prof.

Great posts by everyone.

My only addition is

thanks.

my amendment to your addition....

...Allmenjoi and Cshel get a room and get it on. laugh.gif

checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 18 2012, 09:11 PM) *
They didnt have to kill Cornbread like that man. All he wanted was some orange juice

Man why did you guys have to bring up bad memories. People need to stop wearing Hoodies
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 18 2012, 08:31 PM) *
My only addition is

Oh how imperfect this world will remain laugh.gif
Franchize
What ever happened to her?
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Sep 18 2012, 07:59 PM) *

now i gotta go back and watch that one again! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2012, 08:28 PM) *

i know u had a thing for her...don't front!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 18 2012, 08:30 PM) *

good question.

cshel....care to answer? smile.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2012, 09:33 PM) *
good question.

cshel....care to answer? smile.gif

They had that cyber "mayweather and his baby mama" type relationship going Haha
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 18 2012, 12:29 PM) *
I'm pretty sure the first time he got caught after the cotto fight right before the mosley fight bro.

True indeed.. idk why I was thinking about the Cotto fight.. thx..

Still,.. he shoulda been stripped of his belt and his purse should have gone to MOSELY.. and left him standing..

In a perfect world
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 18 2012, 09:17 PM) *
thanks.

my amendment to your addition....

...Allmenjoi and Cshel get a room and get it on. laugh.gif

No prob.

Ha!!! So true.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 18 2012, 09:28 PM) *

Cold as ice...cold as ice.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 18 2012, 09:40 PM) *
They had that cyber "mayweather and his baby mama" type relationship going Haha

Haha! Funny stuff.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 18 2012, 09:30 PM) *

I just hope that she didn't push CShel too far and make him snap. You know that he's got everyone's IP address so he could've easily tracked her down.
Plah
Title Holders will fight mandatories and mandatories only, only one title per division

Weight in same day of the fight, if not, put some rehydration clause that only allows boxers to gain 5 to 8 pounds maximum after the weight in

We'll have a Boxing association or league like the NBA/MLB/NFL/NHL, etc.

Heavyweight division is stacked with talent

Defense is appreciated by the casual fan

Winners get 55 to 60% of the purse. Extra cash if win by KO.

Nazim, Roger, Floyd Sr., Hunter should have the recognition that Roach has and in my mind he doesn't deserves

Roy Jones retired after the Ruiz fight

daprofessor
in a perfect world...

pac would have fought raheem when he beat morales at 135

pac would have fought guzman, valero and nate campbell before moving up

floyd would have erased all doubt and fought margarito instead of baldomir

ppl would actually realize that floyd and pac are not the only two great fighters in boxing

ivan calderon would have got the recognition he deserved

lennox lewis wouldn't have ducked ruiz and byrd

the klitschkos wouldn't have ducked ruiz

commentators would actually educate the public on good boxing instead of being totally oblivious to real skill and only appreciating all out brawls

Cshel86
Awww shit, here comes this Allmenjoi bullcrap again. laugh.gif

I'll have to see if she's out there somewhere...dont worry, I haven't buried her...yet.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 19 2012, 08:40 PM) *
Awww shit, here comes this Allmenjoi bullcrap again. laugh.gif

I'll have to see if she's out there somewhere...dont worry, I haven't buried her...yet.

LOL you love her don't you? We cool Shels, you can admit it. The tension between you two was so thick it could be cut with a knife haha
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 19 2012, 11:45 PM) *
LOL you love her don't you? We cool Shels, you can admit it. The tension between you two was so thick it could be cut with a knife haha

Shut up! LOL!

She was ugly as hell (I can 100% confirm) and had the nerve to be sidity. I cant roll with that. If you're gonna be sidity, then at least look decent. I can deal with a dingy girl that's pretty, but a dumb ugly chick NEVER makes the cut. LOL. Most of her posts were blind opinions...but at least she attempted to back them up. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 19 2012, 10:55 PM) *
Shut up! LOL!

She was ugly as hell (I can 100% confirm) and had the nerve to be sidity. I cant roll with that. If you're gonna be sidity, then at least look decent. I can deal with a dingy girl that's pretty, but a dumb ugly chick NEVER makes the cut. LOL. Most of her posts were blind opinions...but at least she attempted to back them up. laugh.gif

I'm just playing with ya man lmao.

I aint gon lie though, she was funny, she would say things that didn't make sense but she would stand by it and not flinch.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 20 2012, 01:34 AM) *
I'm just playing with ya man lmao.

I aint gon lie though, she was funny, she would say things that didn't make sense but she would stand by it and not flinch.

Those were some epic threads, though they went to shit half of the time when she started defending her nonsense. Trust me though, the way she got treated by old posters when she FIRST joined, would make it seem as if I was being nice to her. LOL
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 19 2012, 10:55 PM) *
Shut up! LOL!

imma need confirmation. closedeyes.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 20 2012, 07:34 AM) *
Those were some epic threads, though they went to shit half of the time when she started defending her nonsense. Trust me though, the way she got treated by old posters when she FIRST joined, would make it seem as if I was being nice to her. LOL

i don't get why dudes always gotta run chicks off the boards. i don't mind them.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 20 2012, 07:34 AM) *

I seem to remember her getting keyboard lashed a few times hahaha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.