Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chavez tests positive for chronic...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
daprofessor
wtf!?
BigFightFan
Was it Martinez or the chronic that made JCCJr look slow lol. The little support I have for this guy is fading quickly. The biggest fight of his career and how does he handle the pressure? By getting high SMH!
checkleft
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 19 2012, 03:57 PM) *
Was it Martinez or the chronic that made JCCJr look slow lol. The little support I have for this guy is fading quickly. The biggest fight of his career and how does he handle the pressure? By getting high SMH!

Chronic? Like weed? Or is this some sort of new school ped slang? Lol, Wth are you doing chavez!

Well I hope he has a lot more dope left for the pain, I just read (on sherdog I think) that cha cha has two facial fractures. His orbital and eye socket

Also saw a pic of Martinez hand and it looks nasty
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2012, 04:15 PM) *
Chronic? Like weed? Or is this some sort of new school ped slang? Lol, Wth are you doing chavez!

Well I hope he has a lot more dope left for the pain, I just read (on sherdog I think) that cha cha has two facial fractures. His orbital and eye socket

Also saw a pic of Martinez hand and it looks nasty

Dat Bubonic Chronic.....dem trees........hahaaaaaaaa.......................blueberry haze....dat HYDRO....

Chavez hangin with Snoooooop Daaaaaaawgy....Daaaaaawg....Bow wow wow, yipee yo, yipee yay.....
Chavez smokin' weed brings us to another day.....
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Sep 19 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Dat Bubonic Chronic.....dem trees........hahaaaaaaaa.......................blueberry haze....dat HYDRO....

Chavez hangin with Snoooooop Daaaaaaawgy....Daaaaaawg....Bow wow wow, yipee yo, yipee yay.....
Chavez smokin' weed brings us to another day.....

Does anyone care if a boxer or an athlete tests positive for THC?
checkleft
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Sep 19 2012, 03:39 PM) *

Well I guess not but for a guy that has had trouble with weight and training issues I don't think it helps Haha. But on a serious note I think this shows what many of uss have thought about chavez and what Martinez was saying all along, he just doesn't seem to respect the sport or seem to be very committed

But weed is a banned substance in boxing
BoxingStill#1
So the guy smoked a lil bit of that good shit....lol.. big deal..

Kinda explains him sleepin so late in the day..haha
Jovi
Hey i'm glad it was weed and he wasn't doing and actual drug, or steroids.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2012, 03:52 PM) *
Well I guess not but for a guy that has had trouble with weight and training issues I don't think it helps Haha. But on a serious note I think this shows what many of uss have thought about chavez and what Martinez was saying all along, he just doesn't seem to respect the sport or seem to be very committed

But weed is a banned substance in boxing

I thought he was taking his training seriously and they were just making a story out of it on 24/7 to initiate interest. If he was chiefing on that sticky icky I wonder what else was he doing. I hope the positive test and the loss changes his mentality towards boxing.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Sep 19 2012, 03:39 PM) *

i seriously don't see any benefits. definitely less harmful than alcohol...i don't partake myself...but i don't see what the big deal is...

daprofessor
i get it...the pressure of being the son of a legend...having big shoes to fill...i can see him now...

'fuck it...imma hit this bong real quick...play some more video games....and go back to sleep....tell freddie to just come to the crib later on tonite and we'll train in the living room. are there any more chips and dip!?' laugh.gif
boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 03:06 PM) *
i seriously don't see any benefits. definitely less harmful than alcohol...i don't partake myself...but i don't see what the big deal is...

Well if its not such a big deal to you then why give this a thought and a thread and make your first post about it a WTF with an explantion point behind it like its a big deal. Is it a big deal or not?

IMO I think weed has no place in professional sports and it can hinder ones ability. In chavez' case smoking weed or not wouldnt have helped hin in this fight but be true and honest about your training and boxing.
Hotsauce
no wonder chavez don't do post fight drug test in texas
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 06:09 PM) *
i get it...the pressure of being the son of a legend...having big shoes to fill...i can see him now...

'fuck it...imma hit this bong real quick...play some more video games....and go back to sleep....tell freddie to just come to the crib later on tonite and we'll train in the living room. are there any more chips and dip!?' laugh.gif

Haha...I can see it goin down just like that.
checkleft
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 19 2012, 06:11 PM) *
no wonder chavez don't do post fight drug test in texas

Lol.. exactly, if he thought he could get away with this in Nevada imagine what he tries to get away with in Texas lol
neophyte7
Mexicans get the good stuff.. I wish I had access to his connect.... LMAO the way Chavez fights, his one dimensional skillless ass may want to consider trafficking that good shit.. LMAO
Hotsauce
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2012, 06:42 PM) *
Lol.. exactly, if he thought he could get away with this in Nevada imagine what he tries to get away with in Texas lol

you know he got that connect

chavez smoking on that good shit
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 19 2012, 05:41 PM) *
Well if its not such a big deal to you then why give this a thought and a thread and make your first post about it a WTF with an explantion point behind it like its a big deal. Is it a big deal or not?

IMO I think weed has no place in professional sports and it can hinder ones ability. In chavez' case smoking weed or not wouldnt have helped hin in this fight but be true and honest about your training and boxing.

it's against the rules...but it shouldn't be. smoking weed is permitted in the nba i think. it's not performance enhancing. unless he's puffin on a blunt in the locker room...i have no problem with it. i seriously doubt weed had nothing to do with his performance or lack thereof.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Sep 19 2012, 06:41 PM) *
Haha...I can see it goin down just like that.

*while he's holding in the smoke with dizzy gillespie cheeks*

laugh.gif
daprofessor
how long before one of the dispensaries here in cali name some shit in his honor!? laugh.gif

"son of the legend o.g. kush"

or...

"chavez el pinche marijuano"

laugh.gif drag.gif
Cshel86
Smoke that SHIT Julio!!! cool.gif

No judgement from me...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 19 2012, 07:59 PM) *
Smoke that SHIT Julio!!! cool.gif

No judgement from me...

how did u get ur ticket again? laugh.gif
Plah
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 08:27 PM) *
how long before one of the dispensaries here in cali name some shit in his honor!? laugh.gif

"son of the legend o.g. kush"

or...

"chavez el pinche marijuano"

laugh.gif drag.gif

LOL
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 09:10 PM) *
how did u get ur ticket again? laugh.gif

Lol! Glad you asked...I bought two $75 tickets (nosebleeds), because I thought my homeboy was coming, but things came up at the last minute, and I ended going alone.

Anyhow, I got to the Thomas & Mack Center, and asked the "ticket seller" outside of the venue, and asked if he could buy the ticket from me, since I couldn't get rid of it. He worked out a deal with me, so I traded both of my $75 tickets for a $200 ticket and a $20 bill.

I got inside, and found my way to the wrong seat. So I asked a rep to show me to my seat...juuuust for me to find a big ass Argentinian sitting in it. Comes to find out, he explained his size, being that he was too damn big to sit in those middle seats. So I sat in his original seat.

They were cool as hell though. I ended up sitting by this Mexican dude who looked like a mix of Canelo and Gomez, and boy...was his girlfriend hot as HELL!!! I guess I lucked up, but I sat waaaay closer than I expected.
boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 05:22 PM) *
it's against the rules...but it shouldn't be. smoking weed is permitted in the nba i think. it's not performance enhancing. unless he's puffin on a blunt in the locker room...i have no problem with it. i seriously doubt weed had nothing to do with his performance or lack thereof.

It should rightfully be banned. Who in there right mind would want there fighters to be doped up potheads. It may not be performance enhancing but it sure can be performance hindering.
For someone who claims he has been training fighters for over 30 years I can't believe you don't have a problem with doped up potheads as boxers.a That makes me wonder about your claims because evey trainer I know wouldnt put of with there fighters being doped up. Im just saying give me the honest fighters who do it right and respect the sport.

checkleft
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 19 2012, 09:18 PM) *
It should rightfully be banned. Who in there right mind would want there fighters to be doped up potheads. It may not be performance enhancing but it sure can be performance hindering.
For someone who claims he has been training fighters for over 30 years I can't believe you don't have a problem with doped up potheads as boxers.a That makes me wonder about your claims because evey trainer I know wouldnt put of with there fighters being doped up. Im just saying give me the honest fighters who do it right and respect the sport.

Dude. Get off your high horse

I don't agree with smoking at all but at least not during training, but every gym and trainer are different. For example the gym me and my brother go to is very strict at all times and during training but theirs a gym across town we sparred once that is run by some ex gangster that seriously doesn't give a shit. I have seen people smoking and drinking at the back entrance. Also they are on main, and during the farmers market they were just standing outside asking random normal people to come in and spar their fighters.

Everyone runs their show different bro. To each his own
boxingloner
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2012, 07:39 PM) *
Dude. Get off your high horse

I don't agree with smoking at all but at least not during training, but every gym and trainer are different. For example the gym me and my brother go to is very strict at all times and during training but theirs a gym across town we sparred once that is run by some ex gangster that seriously doesn't give a shit. I have seen people smoking and drinking at the back entrance. Also they are on main, and during the farmers market they were just standing outside asking random normal people to come in and spar their fighters.

Everyone runs their show different bro. To each his own

I'm not on some high horse. I'm just stating how I feel about weed and boxing. Im just stating if you truly want boxin to be on the level, then all drugs should be banned and trainers should want to see all the fighter fight to there full potential. Weed may not enhance your performance but it sure will hold you back from your full potential. That gym you decribed sounds like a piece of shit gym and that trainer sounds like garbage. Trainer are not only suppose to train fighters but also be a roll model mentor, at least the good ones are and the ones that truly care. I mean do you think trainers like nazim richardson or viril hunter not caring if there fighters smoke pot?
checkleft
Wasn't pac substance abusing, gambling, and womanizing? I don't remember roach doing anything about it. Like I said to each his own. If a fighter wants to go out and party, do powder, smoke weed, and mess woth hoes I don't believe its the trainers responsibility to babysit said fighter. The fighter needs to grow the fuck up
mrchitown
I hope he was at least smoking the good shit, some kush or that killa cali chronic.
mrchitown

Do you fight boxing loner or do you train fighters?
boxingloner
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 19 2012, 08:28 PM) *
Do you fight boxing loner or do you train fighters?

No and no. I mean I've been in fights but never boxing. Why do you ask that? Does it matter? I've been a fan of boxing since '81 when I went to my first live fight as a teenager and I would like all fighters on a level playing field. If a fighter is all doped up then he is not in his right state of mind and he is holding himself back and it could potentially lead to that fighter getting hurt. I mean people have been on this performance enhancing kick and wanting it out of boxing and rightfully so. IMO weed is like performance enhancing but in a reverse way, it takes away from a fighters ability. Maybe some of you don't care if these fighters smoke weed but if you were mature enough you would understand it's bad for boxing. If yall want to smoke weed that's fine it's your body but in professional sports I especially boxing I say keep it 100% clean.
checkleft
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 19 2012, 11:21 PM) *
No and no. I mean I've been in fights but never boxing. Why do you ask that? Does it matter? I've been a fan of boxing since '81 when I went to my first live fight as a teenager and I would like all fighters on a level playing field. If a fighter is all doped up then he is not in his right state of mind and he is holding himself back and it could potentially lead to that fighter getting hurt. I mean people have been on this performance enhancing kick and wanting it out of boxing and rightfully so. IMO weed is like performance enhancing but in a reverse way, it takes away from a fighters ability. Maybe some of you don't care if these fighters smoke weed but if you were mature enough you would understand it's bad for boxing. If yall want to smoke weed that's fine it's your body but in professional sports I especially boxing I say keep it 100% clean.

No offense but did somebody on fighthype bang your girl or beat you up or something? You seem to have it out with posters here.. honestly just wondering
mrchitown

I was just asking, you speak of maturity but yet you call a gym a piece of shit and call out someone who trains fighters but yet you have admittedly participated in none of it. Get your ass in there and see what it feels like before you make the waves your making.

And you should know that smoking weed has a different effect on each individual person who smokes it. I know people who you'd think were on bath salts but they just smoking weed, but they feel like they incredible hulk. And you got people who act silly when they on it or people who just laid back. It has different outcomes on people. I like many want ped's out of the sport but weed aint no fuckin ped lol.

And if you are what you claim to be which is a fan, then you should find a new hobby because plenty of pro athletes are high on something. I've heard stories about sprinters in track and field blazed out their minds, didn't effect their performance. You think this is the only sport where people lighting up and competing. You need to cut the tv and start making sweaters or something, because your going to be disappointed
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2012, 12:21 AM) *
No offense but did somebody on fighthype bang your girl or beat you up or something? You seem to have it out with posters here.. honestly just wondering

He a troll and we all know it lol. Hell he might be related to allmenjoi hahaha
mgrover
theres no problem with it outside of boxing he could smoke all he like, it's the disrespect for boxing and lack of professionalism, like failing to make weight. everytime this kid has an opportunity to prove something theres always that question mark.
boxingloner
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 19 2012, 10:24 PM) *
I was just asking, you speak of maturity but yet you call a gym a piece of shit and call out someone who trains fighters but yet you have admittedly participated in none of it. Get your ass in there and see what it feels like before you make the waves your making.

And you should know that smoking weed has a different effect on each individual person who smokes it. I know people who you'd think were on bath salts but they just smoking weed, but they feel like they incredible hulk. And you got people who act silly when they on it or people who just laid back. It has different outcomes on people. I like many want ped's out of the sport but weed aint no fuckin ped lol.

And if you are what you claim to be which is a fan, then you should find a new hobby because plenty of pro athletes are high on something. I've heard stories about sprinters in track and field blazed out their minds, didn't effect their performance. You think this is the only sport where people lighting up and competing. You need to cut the tv and start making sweaters or something, because your going to be disappointed

Dude don't try and give me your you've never boxed so you don't know shit. That dont mean shit to me. Being mature and knowing how to analyze things means more than just some wannabe who acts like he's been there. I've been to and trained at many a gym here in Sacramento. I may have never sparred but i have worked out with some great fighters and champions. And became great friends with boxing legend Tony lopez. He did it he did it he right way and got the results of a champion.

If you want to smoke weed then by all means smoke your heart out. Be there done that when I was younger, but we all have to grow up somehow. When I smoked I used to think everyone should be on it, it don't effect me bad. Which it may have. But it wasn't until i stopped when i realized the effects. You think clearer, are more productive and things are more enhanced. So if you are still in your young years and smoking your brains out, then you won't understand what I'm saying until you mature more and eventually stop.

Anyways if you are a pro boxer and want to take your career serious then weed won't be part of your career. If Chavez wants to retire from boxing then he can go smoke all he wants but if he does continue to box and smoke weed too then he will continue to get the results he gets and come up short. I will always be against drugs in pro boxing.
boxingloner
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 19 2012, 10:24 PM) *
Get your ass in there and see what it feels like before you make the waves your making.

So stating my opinion on this subject means I'm making waves? Lol. It's cool you don't have to agree with me but I know my opinion outnumbers your opinion EASILY amoung the boxing world and fans. I know my opinion may be outnumbered here fighthype, but oh well, because fighthype board members don't speak for the majority of boxing anyways.
boxingloner
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 20 2012, 03:24 AM) *
theres no problem with it outside of boxing he could smoke all he like, it's the disrespect for boxing and lack of professionalism, like failing to make weight. everytime this kid has an opportunity to prove something theres always that question mark.

I agree with you. Outside of pro boxing smoke all you.
Franchize
Anyone find it strange or funny that Arum was the first to report it. Something tells me, if Chavez won, or at least looked good, he wouldnt have said jack shit. I see this goin two ways. Arum runs Chavez Jr name thru the dirt and markets come new stud so he comes across as a good guy or he uses the weed as an excuse, then we all will be bombarded with a lengthy drug abuse back story on 24/7. Chavez will find some "mentor", he will rededicate himself to his faith, and itll be Arums opening to market some new and improved Julio.
checkleft

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 20 2012, 09:26 AM) *
Dude don't try and give me your you've never boxed so you don't know shit. That dont mean shit to me. Being mature and knowing how to analyze things means more than just some wannabe who acts like he's been there. I've been to and trained at many a gym here in Sacramento. I may have never sparred but i have worked out with some great fighters and champions. And became great friends with boxing legend Tony lopez. He did it he did it he right way and got the results of a champion.

If you want to smoke weed then by all means smoke your heart out. Be there done that when I was younger, but we all have to grow up somehow. When I smoked I used to think everyone should be on it, it don't effect me bad. Which it may have. But it wasn't until i stopped when i realized the effects. You think clearer, are more productive and things are more enhanced. So if you are still in your young years and smoking your brains out, then you won't understand what I'm saying until you mature more and eventually stop.

Anyways if you are a pro boxer and want to take your career serious then weed won't be part of your career. If Chavez wants to retire from boxing then he can go smoke all he wants but if he does continue to box and smoke weed too then he will continue to get the results he gets and come up short. I will always be against drugs in pro boxing.

????

I think your credibility is going the way of the dodo bro
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 20 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Anyone find it strange or funny that Arum was the first to report it. Something tells me, if Chavez won, or at least looked good, he wouldnt have said jack shit. I see this goin two ways. Arum runs Chavez Jr name thru the dirt and markets come new stud so he comes across as a good guy or he uses the weed as an excuse, then we all will be bombarded with a lengthy drug abuse back story on 24/7. Chavez will find some "mentor", he will rededicate himself to his faith, and itll be Arums opening to market some new and improved Julio.

Yea it is pretty funny.. sounds like he's trying to wipe his hands clean of this kid. Even more doubtful the rematch happens now
boxingloner
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2012, 09:15 AM) *
????

Dude, the guy ask me if I box or train fighters? Which I don't do neither. I said i have been to boxing gyms and worked out but never sparred.

Dude learn to read and learn to understand what you read before trying to clown, loser. Lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 19 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Lol! Glad you asked...I bought two $75 tickets (nosebleeds), because I thought my homeboy was coming, but things came up at the last minute, and I ended going alone.

Anyhow, I got to the Thomas & Mack Center, and asked the "ticket seller" outside of the venue, and asked if he could buy the ticket from me, since I couldn't get rid of it. He worked out a deal with me, so I traded both of my $75 tickets for a $200 ticket and a $20 sack.

I got inside, and found my way to the wrong seat. So I asked a rep to show me to my seat...juuuust for me to find a big ass Argentinian sitting in it. Comes to find out, he explained his size, being that he was too damn big to sit in those middle seats. So I sat in his original seat.

They were cool as hell though. I ended up sitting by this Mexican dude who looked like a mix of Canelo and Gomez, and boy...was his girlfriend hot as HELL!!! I guess I lucked up, but I sat waaaay closer than I expected.

fixed. smile.gif

good story. laugh.gif sometimes u can come up last minute like that.
daprofessor

i've been involved in the sport for well over 30...been training boxers for almost half that time.

listen....most fighters do not have squeaky clean backgrounds. u'd be surprised to know how many fighters who are at the top of the sport smoke weed. it's no secret that leonard and pernell whitaker were coke heads. far too many to name were functioning alcoholics and i can tell u stories about certain fighters getting drunk very close to fight time. these guys train to a peak and put their bodies through some rigorous training....so i get why some partake. i don't condone it....chavez did it...he put himself at a huge disadvantage. i'm not gonna sit here and crucify him for it...the commission and public will.
boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 20 2012, 09:58 AM) *
i've been involved in the sport for well over 30...been training boxers for almost half that time.

listen....most fighters do not have squeaky clean backgrounds. u'd be surprised to know how many fighters who are at the top of the sport smoke weed. it's no secret that leonard and pernell whitaker were coke heads. far too many to name were functioning alcoholics and i can tell u stories about certain fighters getting drunk very close to fight time. these guys train to a peak and put their bodies through some rigorous training....so i get why some partake. i don't condone it....chavez did it...he put himself at a huge disadvantage. i'm not gonna sit here and crucify him for it...the commission and public will.

Im glad you don't condone it and you agree that Chavez put himself at a disadvantage by smoking weed then you understand what I'm saying. I understand lots of guys in there profession(whatever it is) smoke weed and many have there reasons. But me as a fan of boxing and a paying fan to lots of functions and events, I'd like to have the boxers respect it and their training and do it on the level. Like I said people have this performance enhancing kick amd want no part of it in boxing and i totally agree but in my mind weed has the opposite effect of performance enhancing and I'd like to protect fighters who are to stoned to understand that they are putting themselve at risk my partaking in weed while boxing. I know some fighters will do what they want but boxing is better off keeping weed banned.
mrchitown
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 20 2012, 09:36 AM) *
So stating my opinion on this subject means I'm making waves? Lol. It's cool you don't have to agree with me but I know my opinion outnumbers your opinion EASILY amoung the boxing world and fans. I know my opinion may be outnumbered here fighthype, but oh well, because fighthype board members don't speak for the majority of boxing anyways.

I'll give you what ever I feel like giving you because you don't know shit, and when I said making waves I'm speaking of the way you conduct yourself on this forum and how you respond to people, I don't care about your cardio boxing classes you've took. Don't criticize unless your willing to put yourself thru those same conditions which your obviously not.

Easily? So your in tune with the whole world and all boxing fans? How did you do this, share your secret? And you don't speak to the majority of boxing either....like Professor said, it's many fighters and I know of many pro athletes in other sports who blaze up before they compete, so your fighting and uphill battle their sir. I admit that I wouldn't want my athlete high while competing but if their dumb enough to do that then you put yourself in that position

I don't smoke or drink so I don't have that problem, just because it did something to you doesn't mean it has the same effect on others and that's what you continually fail to realize. And I also don't know what you mean by wannabe, I started boxing at the age of 14 and I'm 30 now and I train 4 fighters currently all in the amateur ranks here in Chicago, so I know what it's like, I've been there done that myself mr mature. Are you against drugs in just boxing or all sports? To me your a hypocrite
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2012, 11:15 AM) *
????

He's a hypocrite, he comes on here and constantly contradicts himself. How are you mature and all that good stuff he talks and then he insults other posters on here?

He's a troll but at least he's entertaining half the time
daprofessor
where's that popcorn emoticon when u need it!? laugh.gif
boxingloner
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 20 2012, 12:19 PM) *
He's a hypocrite, he comes on here and constantly contradicts himself. How are you mature and all that good stuff he talks and then he insults other posters on here?

He's a troll but at least he's entertaining half the time

Lol, whom have I insulted and how have I contradicted myself? Lol, do yall know what a contradiction is? If you don't agree with me, you don't agree with me. No big deal. You guys can't handle people who don't agree with you. I stand and believe in what I say. My belief is if you are and claim to be a trainer or boxer on here, why would you condone it in boxing. If you don't condone it with the guys you say you train then why would you condone it for others? It's all good guys, you can call me troll no harm done to me. I guess calling someone a troll on here is another way of saying you don't agree with that person. Lol

It's been fun discussing this stuff. I look forward to the next time.
Kratza
He was smoking weed to cover up other drugs he was taking, my opinion.
who the fuck can weigh gain 30lbs in less than 24 hours
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.