Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Mayweather Retire Undefeated, If He Fought 3 More Fights Against...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Interesting convo I had today at work with fellow boxing fans, tHought I'd share. The majority of them base there thoughts off of what they seen lately from either fighter, so when I asked them, the majority felt he'd either get beat by Canelo or Pacquiao. I figured either fight would be tough but he'd still come out Undefeated.

Let me read how you see these fights playing out if in fact Mayweather decided to fight either.
checkleft
Probably will retire undefeated if he hasnt already retired and just hasnt told anyone even though he seems like he is hinting at it...

1. The pac fight is not happening

2. Seriously doubt he fights martinez

3. Doesnt seem like he wants to fight canelo either.

I honestly think that if the guerrero vs bradley fight happens and guerrero by chance wins he would rather fight robert, just because like i said in some other thread he would really be sticking it to pac and arum if he fought the guy that beat the guy that beat pac.
mgrover
Nah I think Pac would lose UD style by the way, I doubt Mayweather could actually stop him, Canelo may win, and Martinez? He just shouldn't be mentioned in the running's for a Mayweather fight, neither of should go up or down in weight since it will take away from each fighter. I've personally never seen Mayweather fight someone that pot shots like him, but moves a lot more, how will Mayweather deal with the movement, and more importantly the speed. I don't think Martinez would stick and move like he did vs JCC Jr, but still.
daprofessor
i think floyd beats the breaks off of pac....gatti style.

i think he narrowly decisions martinez at 154...

and i think canelo is his toughest fight...but possibly beats him by narrow decision.

wouldn't be shocked if he lost to martinez or canelo.

seriously doubt the fight with pac happens.

at this point....floyd has done himself a disservice and will always have questions surrounding his legacy. while i believe him to be the best of his era....i have questions surrounding his retirements and long breaks. i never expected him to fight everyone...but some of the fights that could have sealed his legacy never happened.

i never believed pac was as great as they make him out to be...his whole reign has been smoke and mirrors. it's been a combination of selective match making, timing and contractual stipulations to gain a competitive edge. not the stuff greatness is made from.

martinez is probably second best of the fighters mentioned. his problem...he's up in age and won't make the money he deserves...but i still believe there are fights out there to seal his place in history. at the moment...he is without doubt the best 160lb fighter in the world and has blazed a serious trail over the last few years.

canelo is the least proven of the bunch and hasn't really accomplished much outside of being a rarity(red headed mexican). he has skills...there's no doubt...but until he accomplishes something...yada, yada, yada...
Marcus
I think Mayweather should fight back to back. As long as he fights these guys back to back, in this particular order "Pacquiao, Martinez, Canelo", then i think he can retire very comfortably without his legacy in question. Also his heart and focus must still be in boxing as it has always been regardless of whatever else occurs outside of the ring. As of now i feel Martinez is his biggest challenge at 160, but Canelo could give him the strongest run for his money depending on how he performs against Cotto, and being that we'd probably see Myweather-Canelo in 2014. By then Canelo should have a richer record, maybe more world titles, maybe a PPV or two under his name, more seasoned, and better experienced/prepared. I still feel Mayweather would win. I like this thread. Interesting because in my mind i always thought Mayweathers last 3 fights should at 160 for Martinez's belt and to get another weight class under his name (may be a stretch), 154 unification for Canelo's WBC, WBA Regular (By then MAYBE Canelo would've edged it out against Cotto for his WBA that he will win form Trout if he doesn't get exposed like MArtinez did to JCC Jr.), and Floyd's WBA Super, and Pacquiao for the Highest purse in boxing history of course. But its interesting because i don't know if anyone else has noticed but i think Floyd and Roger are making it their mission to gain more world Championships. So i wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather faced the winner of the potential Bradley-Guerro fight for the WBO. Also he'd be guaranteed the higher purse and more control over PPV/finances. But the biggest key to Mayweather's wins or losses will be his inactivity. Not even age. I think inactivity is the determining factor because Pacquaio, Martinez, and Canelo are all extremely active fighters as of now and they all have great stamina/focus to BOXING in terms of being fighters. Mayweather is a promoter, has personal dilemmas, he is extremely comfortably financially so his heart may not necessarily be in fighting anymore. I think thats the issue.
Cshel86
I dont believe he has enough in the tank to fight all 3 of these guys back to back. This dude fights 1 time within a 12-18 month span, and acts like his body has to really heal up or do something spectacular. Im a bit tired of him racking up our money, and falling off the boxing scene for long periods of time.

If that's how he's going to keep doing, then he needs to stay "undecided" or whatever he's doing at the moment. Seriously, either fight, or stay out of the way. Just when a division starts to get hot (Ortiz dominating Berto), Floyd manages to show up, have his way, get the division off course, and dip away after he's made his money. Tired of it...

I've liked this guy as a fighter and entertainer for a long time, but his shenanigans are messing up the sport, and he's becoming a nuisance. Dont make the world think that you're leaving the sport, then cry about not getting the respect that you deserve, just to wait for something big to materialize, then come back and mess stuff up.

This cat stirs up the pot, and leaves the sport of boxing to clean it up. At this point, the Canelo fight seems to be the only likely fight of the three, and I dont believe it will be that much of a cake walk to Floyd, since he's beating himself with all of this inactivity.

Plah
I don't think he fights any of those. A Cotto rematch seems more likely. Well, maybe the Canelo one is doable but idk. What I hope is, if Devon defeats Bailey, which he should, he doesn't start asking for a Floyd fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 25 2012, 05:23 PM) *
I dont believe he has enough in the tank to fight all 3 of these guys back to back. This dude fights 1 time within a 12-18 month span, and acts like his body has to really heal up or do something spectacular. Im a bit tired of him racking up our money, and falling off the boxing scene for long periods of time.

If that's how he's going to keep doing, then he needs to stay "undecided" or whatever he's doing at the moment. Seriously, either fight, or stay out of the way. Just when a division starts to get hot (Ortiz dominating Berto), Floyd manages to show up, have his way, get the division off course, and dip away after he's made his money. Tired of it...

I've liked this guy as a fighter and entertainer for a long time, but his shenanigans are messing up the sport, and he's becoming a nuisance. Dont make the world think that you're leaving the sport, then cry about not getting the respect that you deserve, just to wait for something big to materialize, then come back and mess stuff up.

This cat stirs up the pot, and leaves the sport of boxing to clean it up. At this point, the Canelo fight seems to be the only likely fight of the three, and I dont believe it will be that much of a cake walk to Floyd, since he's beating himself with all of this inactivity.

interesting take...hard to argue.
checkleft
Im still not sold at all on Canelo. He hasn't fought anyone, at this rate mayweather is gonna be announcing his fights not across the corner from him
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 25 2012, 05:23 PM) *

i don't blame him if people keep buying his fights and people will keep buying his fights.

blame the fans.
sduck
He should avoid Sergio, he can beat everyone else. I'm starting to think Sergio has what it takes to beat this old version of Mayweather.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Pacman is easy pickings. Floyd will walk Martinez down and outpoint him. Canelo could be the most troublesome fight but Floyd will spank that kid. He retires undefeated if he fights those 3. Floyd is a fighter who knows what it takes to win. He will get the job done, period.
louloup
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 26 2012, 07:06 AM) *
He should avoid Sergio, he can beat everyone else. I'm starting to think Sergio has what it takes to beat this old version of Mayweather.

Mayweather has nothing to fear about Sergio Martinez. He is quicker than him and Sergio doesn"t have a great defense. I think Canelo is even more dangerous than Sergio even though Sergio is an amazing fighter.
Jovi
IF floyd did beat all 3 of them I'd be happy to watch it, definitely would earn the greatest fighter of my era title. I'm alittle disappointed that he said he wouldn't fight again this year, Its funny because if he did he probably would have fight one of the 3. He said he doesnt want to take hard fights. When i heard him say that i was like huh? who are you expecting to fight, amir khan?. He doesnt seem as hungry. I dont want to see him vs any contenders anymore that dont deserve it. I want to see champions vsing champions! All the recent interviews i've seen he doesnt seem that dedicated to boxing anymore. What happend to "Hard work, Dedication". I wouldnt call him the greatest unless he did fight atleast 2/3 and beat them which he is no doubt capable of doing.

I feel paquiao would be the easiest of the 3 because he's the smallest. Mayweather always bullies small people in the ring, if his legs arent shot, then he could actually brawl alittle bit too but he would easily dominate pacquiao, TKO (if he has the heart for it) or UD (if hes in good conditioning). Martinez is the biggest question, he is more mobile in the ring, and hes a south paw, mayweather is going to be in a mirror match lol, except mayweather has the superior defense, if he can adapt to sergios speed, and time him, block his body shots, i can see him doing some late round KO, we know sergio goes down in that 12th round haha, hes will need to be the best mayweather he can be to beat martinez though, he better start training for him now. Canelo is just a problem, he was looking good in his last fight and he's only getting better, Canelo can make up to mexico for Delahoyas loss before to mayweather, canelo is pretty good, pretty strong, hes reminds me of Duran. Just a very skilled boxer, the only way mayweather can beat him is if he out boxes him and moves around all 12 rounds, If he does it right he will look better than martinez did against JCC, he will need to be at his best to win.

He needs to start working for it now, he's only 35 years old, he's old but he hasn't even taken much punishment, If we was stronger he would have more KOs but he still dominates usually. I know he has some money but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up blowing it all, i dont want him to fight for $$ anymore. He already made 100 million from boxing i get it, but dont let the $$ forget where you came from, and what gave you the food for you and your family. Now fight for your hall of fame spot and Greatest fighter of all time title. Theres too many great fighters fighting right now, I'm getting upset with champions not wanting to fight eachother. Beat the best to be the best. I dont see anyone else being able to beat the 3 but Mayweather to be honest, he just needs to get on his game.

I dont want his legacy to end as joke, Jail for hitting a woman then comes out and gets knocked out? "dammmm What could have been" dntknw.gif

Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 25 2012, 04:55 PM) *
i think floyd beats the breaks off of pac....gatti style.

i think he narrowly decisions martinez at 154...

and i think canelo is his toughest fight...but possibly beats him by narrow decision.

wouldn't be shocked if he lost to martinez or canelo.

I totally agree. Despite popular belief, I think Canelo is the tougher of the 3 fights for Mayweather. I think Manny is the easiest of the 3 fights.
boxingloner
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 25 2012, 03:23 PM) *

Damn dude and cant agree with you more.
boxingloner
I really don't care if he fights again. As a matter of fact I hope he doesnt, but reguardless I won't buy his fights if he does unless it's with one of these guys.

As far as how I think he does against these guys. I can see him beating all three, but then again I can see him losing to either guy also. Mayweather is not at his same level as before and with his partying and his long layoffs, fighting either guy is a big risk to him and his undefeated record that he cherishes so much. And we all know how he deals with real risks.
boxingloner
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 10:49 AM) *
I really don't care if he fights again. As a matter of fact I hope he doesnt, but reguardless I won't buy his fights if he does unless it's with one of these guys.

As far as how I think he does against these guys. I can see him beating all three, but then again I can see him losing to either guy also. Mayweather is not at his same level as before and with his partying and his long layoffs, fighting either guy is a big risk to him and his undefeated record that he cherishes so much. And we all know how he deals with real risks.

Quick question for everyone that thinks he can win all three. Will you give him the credit(saying he would have beat them anyway) if they never fight, since he will NEVER fight them. Because most Floyd fans give him credit(he would have won anyways) for fights he never fought.
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 04:19 PM) *
Quick question for everyone that thinks he can win all three. Will you give him the credit(saying he would have beat them anyway) if they never fight, since he will NEVER fight them. Because most Floyd fans give him credit(he would have won anyways) for fights he never fought.

potential and accomplishment are two different things. i cannot give him credit for anything outside of his accomplishments.

on the flip side...i cannot give pac credit for his accomplishments knowing what i know.

i saw something recently that made me laugh and illustrates what little understanding most casual fans have.

here it is...

Jonas Lucas Top Commenter
Logic:
Floyd KO10 Hatton- Manny TKO2. (Dropped hatton twice).

Floyd Split Decision Oscar- Manny KO8 Oscar.

Floyd UD Mosley (Floyd was wobled & nearly KO in round 2 - Manny UD Mosley (Drop Mosley in round 3).

Floyd UD Marquez ( Floyd was 2 lbs over 144 contracted weight) - Manny (Draw, Split D, UD, Droped Marquez 4 times.

Floyd UD Cotto (but Cotto bloodied Floyds Nose) - Manny KO12 Cotto (Dropped Cotto 3 times).

NOW READERS WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST? ITS LOGIC....

Reply 14 Monday at 6:10am

logic!? huh.gif laugh.gif

boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 26 2012, 02:34 PM) *
on the flip side...i cannot give pac credit for his accomplishments knowing what i know.

What's up Da so-called professor? Lol J/k what's up guy? I like your analysis most of the time and you give good post. But why is it that when someone criticizes or is critical of Floyd and his accomplishments, Floyd fans always respond with a PAC criticism? I understand it goes both ways and PAC fans do the same when he gets criticized. It's funny when I read a post criticizing or being critical of that fighter, their fans are quick to respond with a criticism of the other regardless if they are relevant to the thread?
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 06:13 PM) *
What's up Da so-called professor? Lol J/k what's up guy? I like your analysis most of the time and you give good post. But why is it that when someone criticizes or is critical of Floyd and his accomplishments, Floyd fans always respond with a PAC criticism? I understand it goes both ways and PAC fans do the same when he gets criticized. It's funny when I read a post criticizing or being critical of that fighter, their fans are quick to respond with a criticism of the other regardless if they are relevant to the thread?

unfortunately, the two will forever be linked by the fight that never happened. i've been watching the sport for a very long time and i cannot recall there ever being a situation like this. even if i chose not to acknowledge it....they're always going to be linked and ppl will always wonder what would have happened. i think it drops both of their legacies and shows that they aren't cut from the same cloth as guys like duran, hearns, hagler or benitez. don't get me wrong...i'm a fan of both guys. i watched pac blaze his trail...and no one can take away from his accomplishments below 135. same with floyd....his career below 140 is amazing. but i'd be lying if i said that i thought what both accomplished above those weights was amazing. u cannot put those accomplishments on the same level as what guys like armstrong and roberto duran have done. but if we had to compare them head to head....pac/may....i think anyone who knows and truly understands boxing will tell u floyd is the better of the two.
boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 26 2012, 03:51 PM) *
unfortunately, the two will forever be linked by the fight that never happened. i've been watching the sport for a very long time and i cannot recall there ever being a situation like this. even if i chose not to acknowledge it....they're always going to be linked and ppl will always wonder what would have happened. i think it drops both of their legacies and shows that they aren't cut from the same cloth as guys like duran, hearns, hagler or benitez. don't get me wrong...i'm a fan of both guys. i watched pac blaze his trail...and no one can take away from his accomplishments below 135. same with floyd....his career below 140 is amazing. but i'd be lying if i said that i thought what both accomplished above those weights was amazing. u cannot put those accomplishments on the same level as what guys like armstrong and roberto duran have done. but if we had to compare them head to head....pac/may....i think anyone who knows and truly understands boxing will tell u floyd is the better of the two.

Honestly professor, how old are you? I know i have criticized you and your claims but inform me of when and how you got started in boxing. The reason I question you is because I have noticed in my short time of boxing forums and Internet boxing chat that lots of guys make claims so they can come across as knowing more than most. Plus I remember you telling me specifically that you have trained guys for over 35+ years and boxing has taken you all over the world. Then in the thread where i was battling you and a couple others on weed and boxing, you then said you have only been in the boxing game for 30+years and out of that you have only been training fighters for half that. Plus your responses in a lot of post have references only the younger generation make and what older guy that has been in the game for as long as you say would put Killa Kali for california as his location? Look it's cool if you are a younger guy because being young doenst mean you have less knowledge than the older ones. Just be honest because you tend to have knowledge. Inform me.
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 07:00 PM) *
Honestly professor, how old are you? I know i have criticized you and your claims but inform me of when and how you got started in boxing. The reason I question you is because I have noticed in my short time of boxing forums and Internet boxing chat that lots of guys make claims so they can come across as knowing more than most. Plus I remember you telling me specifically that you have trained guys for over 35+ years and boxing has taken you all over the world. Then in the thread where i was battling you and a couple others on weed and boxing, you then said you have only been in the boxing game for 30+years and out of that you have only been training fighters for half that. Plus your responses in a lot of post have references only the younger generation make and what older guy that has been in the game for as long as you say would put Killa Kali for california as his location? Look it's cool if you are a younger guy because being young doenst mean you have less knowledge than the older ones. Just be honest because you tend to have knowledge. Inform me.

u misunderstood my 35 year involvement in boxing. i said i have been a student of boxing for over 35 yrs...and that's true. i started learning at the age of 5. i competed as an amateur for many years...and actually assisted in coaching (but i don't really count those years as coaching) when i was in my early 20's. i stopped boxing because of an injury and turned to coaching back in '98. i served an old school apprenticeship as a coach...training under a coach who has been in boxing longer than i've been alive. i worked with plenty of coaches over the years and side by side with some of the best. i'm not trying to boast...it's just truth. i'm in my early 40's...but i'm still a kid at heart, hence the killa kali...and hip hop references...and yes, i still play video games and i don't see getting high as something bad even though i don't partake. i don't drink either. i'm not here on the board to blow smoke up anyone's ass....or to try and feel high and mighty...i just enjoy discussing boxing with ppl who love the sport as much as i do. i don't believe i know it all...and i will never claim to....hence my sig...'he who dares to teach, must never cease to learn..' the name...daprofessor...was given to me by my students...i've also been called maestro...i think the ppl who have placed those titles on me have done so with sincerity so i wear the badge with pride. i am confident in what i know and what i am able to teach...but i understand that the more i learn...the more i realize i don't know shit. laugh.gif the way i see it...i'm also here to learn. i've learned plenty from participating in forums like this. i think it's a great place to share knowledge.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 25 2012, 10:18 PM) *
i don't blame him if people keep buying his fights and people will keep buying his fights.

blame the fans.

The blame should go to both sides. I wont sit here and lie, saying that I wont buy anymore of his fights, but dude needs to at least make it clear to fans that he is interested in fighting somebody in the near future. He shouldn't just come back and snag up another paycheck after he's blown it on cars, gambling, his blow-up doll woman, or any of his other vices.

When he does fight, it is an EVENT, but no need for him to mess up the whole division. That's like having your March Madness bracket together, and out of nowhere, they know an NBA Allstar team in there to beat the best team in the bracket, and eliminate them. Weird, but hell, you'd have to rearrange your whole bracket. laugh.gif

With that in mind, if he at least let us know who he's interested in fighting, then we wont get super-excited when a fighter makes a statement in the WW division. My first example was, Victor Ortiz dominating Berto and becoming the new sensation in the division.

Then out of nowhere, Floyd comes in and makes a fight with him, beats him, takes his belt, and leaves the scene. Seems like he only made that Cotto fight because of the trial, but seriously, he actually made that fight two months before it was announced (my sources confirmed a while ago).

Anyhow, if he's going to stay away from the sport, then he should stay away. No need to come and mess up a division that's obviously trying rebuild itself in Floyd's absence. It's like somebody knocking down your sand castle, lol.
boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 26 2012, 05:32 PM) *
u misunderstood my 35 year involvement in boxing. i said i have been a student of boxing for over 35 yrs...and that's true. i started learning at the age of 5. i competed as an amateur for many years...and actually assisted in coaching (but i don't really count those years as coaching) when i was in my early 20's. i stopped boxing because of an injury and turned to coaching back in '98. i served an old school apprenticeship as a coach...training under a coach who has been in boxing longer than i've been alive. i worked with plenty of coaches over the years and side by side with some of the best. i'm not trying to boast...it's just truth. i'm in my early 40's...but i'm still a kid at heart, hence the killa kali...and hip hop references...and yes, i still play video games and i don't see getting high as something bad even though i don't partake. i don't drink either. i'm not here on the board to blow smoke up anyone's ass....or to try and feel high and mighty...i just enjoy discussing boxing with ppl who love the sport as much as i do. i don't believe i know it all...and i will never claim to....hence my sig...'he who dares to teach, must never cease to learn..' the name...daprofessor...was given to me by my students...i've also been called maestro...i think the ppl who have placed those titles on me have done so with sincerity so i wear the badge with pride. i am confident in what i know and what i am able to teach...but i understand that the more i learn...the more i realize i don't know shit. laugh.gif the way i see it...i'm also here to learn. i've learned plenty from participating in forums like this. i think it's a great place to share knowledge.

If thats all true than that's cool. But from my prospective i question all claims. Sorry it's just how i am and when I feel im being BS'ed I call it. Who did you train under? I mean if I was a trainer and learned under someone who was known, I'd be proud. And what world champs did you train that you have claimed also. Just let it out because I'd be proud to have trained world champs also if I was a trainer. I mean who was your teacher and what world champs did you train?
checkleft
I think someones crushing on you prof lol
boxingloner
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 26 2012, 07:44 PM) *

What a nice girlfriend you are by trying to protect your boyfriend, how sweet. Looks like someone is getting some tonight. Lol

Anyways im just checking someone that claims something I think may be BS. What he says may be true and that would be great for board members as they have access to a "world class" trainer. All I'm saying is if you are what you say you are, prove it and tell how you got there and who taught you and what world champs you trained that you say you have trained. Like I said his story could be true but his story has changed when I digged a little. First he said he has been training boxers for over 35+ years, then he said I misunderstood what he said. Then when he references age when he's done something it's either it was in my early 20's or im in my early 40's. Those are vague answers. Plus when he makes a claims he has to add "and that's true" to emphasize something, that sounds like he's trying to make you believe something that's not true by adding that. Anyways daprofessor could just say what's the name of his gym, where it's at, who he trains and who he is and all this would clear up.

For the sake of all board members i hope he is who he says he is because that would be great if we all had access to a real world class trainer.
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 08:45 PM) *
If thats all true than that's cool. But from my prospective i question all claims. Sorry it's just how i am and when I feel im being BS'ed I call it. Who did you train under? I mean if I was a trainer and learned under someone who was known, I'd be proud. And what world champs did you train that you have claimed also. Just let it out because I'd be proud to have trained world champs also if I was a trainer. I mean who was your teacher and what world champs did you train?

so where do you work? what do u do? how long have u been doing it? how much are u getting paid to do it? i don't know that you are qualified to do what u do so i have to question b.s when i read it. closedeyes.gif

see how ridiculous that sounds? laugh.gif

this isn't a conversation i want to have on a board where everyone is anonymous...but thanks for your interest.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 26 2012, 09:44 PM) *

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 27 2012, 09:42 AM) *
What a nice girlfriend you are by trying to protect your boyfriend, how sweet. Looks like someone is getting some tonight. Lol

Anyways im just checking someone that claims something I think may be BS. What he says may be true and that would be great for board members as they have access to a "world class" trainer. All I'm saying is if you are what you say you are, prove it and tell how you got there and who taught you and what world champs you trained that you say you have trained. Like I said his story could be true but his story has changed when I digged a little. First he said he has been training boxers for over 35+ years, then he said I misunderstood what he said. Then when he references age when he's done something it's either it was in my early 20's or im in my early 40's. Those are vague answers. Plus when he makes a claims he has to add "and that's true" to emphasize something, that sounds like he's trying to make you believe something that's not true by adding that. Anyways daprofessor could just say what's the name of his gym, where it's at, who he trains and who he is and all this would clear up.

For the sake of all board members i hope he is who he says he is because that would be great if we all had access to a real world class trainer.

i never said i trained boxers for over 35yrs. u said that. show me where i said it.

in my early twenties....when i was still boxing myself...i helped my coach train about 30 other boxers. i held mitts, ran drills, floor exercises etc... that, believe it or not, is coaching experience. but i don't count it.

none of my answers are vague.

i'm not trying to make u believe anything. if u believe what i say is b.s. then why read on?

as for me giving up the name of my gym and who i train....it's all useless. u wouldn't know anyone i'm working with because they are primarily amateurs at this point and the gym i work out of isn't even known. i prefer it that way. smile.gif
boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 27 2012, 11:54 AM) *
i never said i trained boxers for over 35yrs. u said that. show me where i said it.

in my early twenties....when i was still boxing myself...i helped my coach train about 30 other boxers. i held mitts, ran drills, floor exercises etc... that, believe it or not, is coaching experience. but i don't count it.

none of my answers are vague.

i'm not trying to make u believe anything. if u believe what i say is b.s. then why read on?

as for me giving up the name of my gym and who i train....it's all useless. u wouldn't know anyone i'm working with because they are primarily amateurs at this point and the gym i work out of isn't even known. i prefer it that way. smile.gif

Ok so you havent trained for over 35 years. But i specifically recall you saying when the whole Amir Khan thing after he got KOed people were calling him to get a new trainer and he needs defense, you said prolly jokingly on here to hit you up and that you can teach him defense. And when i read that i ask you if you train fighters and you said you have been training for 35+ years. I have a steel trap memory. And another reference you made about training that i thought was funny but didnt question you was when Shane Mosley retired, you said on here to hit you up so you can train his son. 35+ years or not is not what i care about, its weather you are telling the truth or not. I even said to myself when i ask you if you can tell me your trainer/memtors name who taught you everything and the name of your gym that if you answer it by being vague or not wanting to say it indication to me that what you are saying is still??????????????? Its cool though Daprofessor im just busting your balls about being a trainer, do your thing if you are. I just think maybe you have trained boxers before but i question weather your whole story is spot on.
Cshel86
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2012, 03:07 PM) *

Lmfao!!!

boxingloner
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2012, 01:07 PM) *

Lol, you got me. That was a good one. But anyways cshel, since you are authority around the boards, what you think, do you honestly believe his claims?

By the way, where did you find the picture of me at. Damn you
boxingloner
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2012, 01:10 PM) *
Lmfao!!!

Oh no look who's laughing now. The resident fighthype hoe, chopping everyone up.
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 27 2012, 02:46 PM) *
Ok so you havent trained for over 35 years. But i specifically recall you saying when the whole Amir Khan thing after he got KOed people were calling him to get a new trainer and he needs defense, you said prolly jokingly on here to hit you up and that you can teach him defense. And when i read that i ask you if you train fighters and you said you have been training for 35+ years. I have a steel trap memory. And another reference you made about training that i thought was funny but didnt question you was when Shane Mosley retired, you said on here to hit you up so you can train his son. 35+ years or not is not what i care about, its weather you are telling the truth or not. I even said to myself when i ask you if you can tell me your trainer/memtors name who taught you everything and the name of your gym that if you answer it by being vague or not wanting to say it indication to me that what you are saying is still??????????????? Its cool though Daprofessor im just busting your balls about being a trainer, do your thing if you are. I just think maybe you have trained boxers before but i question weather your whole story is spot on.

do u know this guy? u've probably never heard of him too....but it doesn't mean he doesn't know his shit. there are plenty of trainers in the game who will never be big names but have developed some of the best talent. not everyone gets the recognition they deserve in boxing. some will go to their grave without ever being recognized.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13303.html

i have been a student of the game for more than 35 yrs. do u understand the term 'student of the game?'

there is plenty i could teach amir and shane jr.

the majority of what i know i learned from my uncle and grandfather but i've learned from others as well.

checkleft

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 27 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Oh no look who's laughing now. The resident fighthype hoe, chopping everyone up.

"U mad bro?" Lol

Not my fault chels found your Facebook pic while you were on your mission to find out profs life story. Next time ask him out to dinner and a movie at least lol.

You do know anyone can say anything on these boards to try to claim credibility including YOU and you don't see anybody asking for your biography. Mostly because everyone is figuring out how sensible and credible your opinions are pretty quickly. That's because most people discern the opinions posted on here and decide their credibility by critically thinking and forming their own opinions.

All good tho bro, I'm sure we will be hearing from you in every thread except those not concerning mayweather even tho you seem to fancy yourself a boxing expert by your own standards.

Until then skip
daprofessor

laugh.gif

all this time...i thought he was filipino... huh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2012, 03:52 PM) *
"U mad bro?" Lol

Not my fault chels found your Facebook pic while you were on your mission to find out profs life story. Next time ask him out to dinner and a movie at least lol.

You do know anyone can say anything on these boards to try to claim credibility including YOU and you don't see anybody asking for your biography. Mostly because everyone is figuring out how sensible and credible your opinions are pretty quickly. That's because most people discern the opinions posted on here and decide their credibility by critically thinking and forming their own opinions.

All good tho bro, I'm sure we will be hearing from you in every thread except those not concerning mayweather even tho you seem to fancy yourself a boxing expert by your own standards.

Until then skip

no shit! laugh.gif

checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 27 2012, 03:56 PM) *
laugh.gif

all this time...i thought he was filipino... huh.gif

Hahaha

Chels do you make those pictures? You seem to have impeccable timing with those lol
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2012, 04:07 PM) *

WOW LMAO! ON BLAST!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 27 2012, 04:31 PM) *
Lol, you got me. That was a good one. But anyways cshel, since you are authority around the boards, what you think, do you honestly believe his claims?

By the way, where did you find the picture of me at. Damn you

It all remains to be seen, but if you've been involved in boxing in any way, then you can tell who knows who. Seems like you've made it obvious that have been involved, but you sort of backtracked and downgraded your boxing experience to aerobics. So who knows. I didn't know that was you in the pic, I just took a shot in the dark.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 27 2012, 05:12 PM) *
Chels do you make those pictures? You seem to have impeccable timing with those lol

I make most of 'em, but I just ran across this one by luck. laugh.gif
BoxingFan86
Personally, I believe he'd retire undefeated and here's why...

Alvarez - This guy would be a game fighter, but he's not experienced enough to beat a guy like Floyd. Floyd is an elite boxer that can adapt and adjust to any style...FAST! Alvarez has the potential, but not the tools to beat Floyd. His tools are still a work in progress.

Pacquiao - If Floyd fights this guy like he fought Cotto (in an offensive manner), then his chances of beatin' Manny slightly diminishes. Manny is the best at fightin' that type of fight, but once again, Floyd is an elite fighter, so I think Floyd would still win just like he did against an aggressive Cotto. I think the fight would be very entertainin', but if we see the Floyd that we're used to seein' (the boxer), then I think the fight would be 1-sided. Floyd would box this guy's ears off all night.

Martinez - I used to think this guy was Floyd's biggest threat, but after watchin' his match against Chavez Jr., I had to reconsider. Although Martinez won 11 of 12 rounds, he had his hands down in a lot of those rounds. He does that in every fight, so that's just his style. In my opinion, I think Floyd would exploit that flaw very quickly. He wins this one easily.
BrutUalBK
Sorry Canelo is not beating Floyd at all, too slow, too easy to hit and isn't a great counterpuncher.
Martinez won't get the fight either because he talks about coming down in weight but hasn't shown any serious effort to get there nor make a fight with Floyd. If Martinez really wanted that fight then he should show it by dropping the belt/title at 160 and returning to Jr. MW, maybe even knocking off a couple of fighters at that weight but not that he has to do all that IMO but it would show that he is chasing Floyd.<<<So this fight will never happen.

Pac is too busy running from Floyd and using every excuse under the sun to avoid having to face Floyd or Bradley, he'd rather fight a rematch with Hatton or even a 5th fight with JMM should he lose (again)!

I'm not even sure why people even bother to mention Pac when they talk about FLoyd, he can't even beat Bradley or JMM so he shouldn't even be thinking of fighting a guy like Floyd who'd school him like a Professor to a 3rd grader.

I'm so tired of Pac, Koncz, Arum and Roach and all their lying, smearing the public's perception of why this fight hasn't happened when the facts should be clear now. They know that Manny cannot beat Floyd and that's the real reason.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 3 2012, 09:56 AM) *
Sorry Canelo is not beating Floyd at all, too slow, too easy to hit and isn't a great counterpuncher.
Martinez won't get the fight either because he talks about coming down in weight but hasn't shown any serious effort to get there nor make a fight with Floyd. If Martinez really wanted that fight then he should show it by dropping the belt/title at 160 and returning to Jr. MW, maybe even knocking off a couple of fighters at that weight but not that he has to do all that IMO but it would show that he is chasing Floyd.<<<So this fight will never happen.

Pac is too busy running from Floyd and using every excuse under the sun to avoid having to face Floyd or Bradley, he'd rather fight a rematch with Hatton or even a 5th fight with JMM should he lose (again)!

I'm not even sure why people even bother to mention Pac when they talk about FLoyd, he can't even beat Bradley or JMM so he shouldn't even be thinking of fighting a guy like Floyd who'd school him like a Professor to a 3rd grader.

I'm so tired of Pac, Koncz, Arum and Roach and all their lying, smearing the public's perception of why this fight hasn't happened when the facts should be clear now. They know that Manny cannot beat Floyd and that's the real reason.

i think martinez has done enough to establish himself as the best at 160. i can't say that floyd has done enough to establish himself as the best at 154. if floyd wanted to test himself...it's martinez' reputation at stake. he has the most to lose in this situation. if floyd loses to martinez....big deal, floyd was too small for the weight. but if martinez' loses....he just lost to the smaller man. with that in mind....i don't think he needs to prove anything. the question is...does floyd want to challenge himself once again by going up another division...or at least fighting martinez at a catchweight...or meeting in the middle at 154.

there's no doubt in my mind that martinez is a much bigger test and better fighter than miguel cotto. this would be a real challenge for floyd. if he could win a fight against martinez...he raises his status as an atg. if he chooses to fight more beatable opponents in guys like pac and bradley...i don't know if that raises his status as an atg. if martinez wins...big deal, he just bullied a smaller fighter.

case in point....does anyone remember the guy that ray robinson lost to trying to fight at light heavyweight? did ray lose any credibility with that loss?
boxingloner
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 3 2012, 11:50 AM) *
i think martinez has done enough to establish himself as the best at 160. i can't say that floyd has done enough to establish himself as the best at 154. if floyd wanted to test himself...it's martinez' reputation at stake. he has the most to lose in this situation. if floyd loses to martinez....big deal, floyd was too small for the weight. but if martinez' loses....he just lost to the smaller man. with that in mind....i don't think he needs to prove anything. the question is...does floyd want to challenge himself once again by going up another division...or at least fighting martinez at a catchweight...or meeting in the middle at 154.

there's no doubt in my mind that martinez is a much bigger test and better fighter than miguel cotto. this would be a real challenge for floyd. if he could win a fight against martinez...he raises his status as an atg. if he chooses to fight more beatable opponents in guys like pac and bradley...i don't know if that raises his status as an atg. if martinez wins...big deal, he just bullied a smaller fighter.

case in point....does anyone remember the guy that ray robinson lost to trying to fight at light heavyweight? did ray lose any credibility with that loss?

What's up Daprofessor, stop talking about wanting to see a Floyd-Martinez fight at 160. You are going to get the mod mad at you as you know he's tired of wanting people to see Floyd move up. Lol You are on the watch list now. Lol

Anyways I think Floyd-Martinez at 160 is the only way i want to see that, no other weight. At 154 it makes no sense and not because I think it drains Martinez to much. At 160 it's a chance to see if Floyd can make history and become a true no doubt ATG(on par with the Ali's, Robinson and others) and it also test Martinez to see if he can handle one of the greats of this era. It's a great fight and one that's lots of fans who been around for years want to see. It's a true test and a historical fight for both. As far as who I think wins, it think it's almost a toss up as I can see either winning.
daprofessor
QUOTE (boxingloner @ Oct 3 2012, 03:32 PM) *
What's up Daprofessor, stop talking about wanting to see a Floyd-Martinez fight at 160. You are going to get the mod mad at you as you know he's tired of wanting people to see Floyd move up. Lol You are on the watch list now. Lol

Anyways I think Floyd-Martinez at 160 is the only way i want to see that, no other weight. At 154 it makes no sense and not because I think it drains Martinez to much. At 160 it's a chance to see if Floyd can make history and become a true no doubt ATG(on par with the Ali's, Robinson and others) and it also test Martinez to see if he can handle one of the greats of this era. It's a great fight and one that's lots of fans who been around for years want to see. It's a true test and a historical fight for both. As far as who I think wins, it think it's almost a toss up as I can see either winning.

martinez is a much bigger guy. if he's willing to drop to 154 to get the fight...floyd doesn't lose credit in my book...but i can see ppl making a big deal about it. floyd would silence all critics by taking the fight at 160. i think he should do it like they did in the old days....give up the weight. come in at 150 and just school martinez. martinez will have to come out of what he does to beat floyd. he's not an aggressive fighter at all. his length may give floyd problems...but i can see floyd adjusting quickly.

at this point....i think this is the biggest fight out there for him. problem is...the public is sold on pacquiao and they are going to be very disappointed when they see how easily floyd beats him. maybe the martinez fight can happen afterwards...then it's one to retire on. roger was mentioning bradley...i think that's a tough fight too. i like bradley's chances better than pacs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.