Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bundrage vs berto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
According to ring magazine Andre Berto and Cornelious Bundrage are in negotiations for a Nov. Showdown. The only thing that seems to be holding up the fight being made is the possibility of landing a fight with Bradley.

To me this fight doesnt seem extremely hard for berto but I do think Bundrage may give berto some trouble, what do you guys think?
daprofessor
K9 by KO

he loses to bradley too.
flazi
K9 corners him and murders him. I think he loses to bradley but it would be a good fight. bradley is vunerable enough but his heart will see him through.
Cshel86
Hopefully this is Berto's opportunity to shut K-9 up and push him out of the sport. Tired of that dude holding that IBF title and adding over-the-top value to his name. It should be a good scrap though, Berto needs a decent comeback bout.

Isn't K-9 a free agent now?
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 26 2012, 08:23 PM) *
Hopefully this is Berto's opportunity to shut K-9 up and push him out of the sport. Tired of that dude holding that IBF title and adding over-the-top value to his name. It should be a good scrap though, Berto needs a decent comeback bout.

Isn't K-9 a free agent now?

I don't think he has a trainer either lol

Surprised to hear people saying berto will lose, this definitely won't go the distance tho.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 26 2012, 09:03 PM) *

Surprised to hear people saying berto will lose, this definitely won't go the distance tho.

Same here. For me, Berto wins comfortably, but it'll be an interesting night either way.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 26 2012, 08:03 PM) *

berto has always been chinny. he's just been matched properly. bundrage can crack. he will put hands on berto because berto has plenty of defensive holes and is not really a slick boxer. bundrage can be stopped as well. berto has a decent punch...and if he can catch k9 early it might happen. k9 has gotten better over the years. he's up there in age...but he really doesn't have a lot of mileage for a fighter his age. he's not really been in too many tough wars either. berto is dealing with serious rust and i'm not sure, but i believe he's working with a new trainer. he seems to be getting worse imo. we'll see what happens.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 27 2012, 02:00 PM) *
berto has always been chinny. he's just been matched properly. bundrage can crack. he will put hands on berto because berto has plenty of defensive holes and is not really a slick boxer. bundrage can be stopped as well. berto has a decent punch...and if he can catch k9 early it might happen. k9 has gotten better over the years. he's up there in age...but he really doesn't have a lot of mileage for a fighter his age. he's not really been in too many tough wars either. berto is dealing with serious rust and i'm not sure, but i believe he's working with a new trainer. he seems to be getting worse imo. we'll see what happens.

Definitely, berto is pretty chinny. And they both seem to have some stamina issues and they can both crack. That's a big reason I dont think this is going to the cards
flazi
bundrage can flat out crack. thats all he can do and he does it well. factor in that berto will be moving up in weight, coming off a long layoff and injury, general bad defense, i see him getting ktfo. he can bang some but he doesn't hit hard enough to keep k9 off him.
checkleft
looks like this is a done deal guys
Sunni6Killer
Looks like it's Bradley-Berto in Miami shok.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Sep 28 2012, 04:33 PM) *

What?.. I just read on the front page bundrage berto got signed
daprofessor
it's official. get ur predictions in!

war k9!!! mad.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Sep 28 2012, 04:33 PM) *

Seems like arum is spinning shit again.. he is saying they are in serious talks with berto but sechenkos can says they are in serious talks with Bradley and bertos promoter is saying they haven't had any words with arum. They are also saying they haven't had any talks with Bradley regarding guerrero because arum wants Bradley at Jr welterweight for a fight with sechenko
Cshel86
This one should be donned, "The Battle for C-Plus Supremacy". It's all about who lands their big shots first. If those big shots dont land early, then it's all about who outlasts who. Both of their endurance tanks are the size of a freakin' Fiat. laugh.gif

Honestly, Im going for Berto...he has the fastest of the slowest hands between the two of them. Hopefully this inactivity doesn't play against him too much. It would suck to get dropped and stopped by a near-40 K-9.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 28 2012, 07:41 PM) *
This one should be donned, "The Battle for C-Plus Supremacy". It's all about who lands their big shots first. If those big shots dont land early, then it's all about who outlasts who. Both of their endurance tanks are the size of a freakin' Fiat. laugh.gif

Honestly, Im going for Berto...he has the fastest of the slowest hands between the two of them. Hopefully this inactivity doesn't play against him too much. It would suck to get dropped and stopped by a near-40 K-9.

laugh.gif

i'm pulling for K9 just because he's an older cat. gotta keep these youngans in their proper place. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 28 2012, 08:46 PM) *
laugh.gif

i'm pulling for K9 just because he's an older cat. gotta keep these youngans in their proper place. laugh.gif

Nice a nice way of looking at it. Both of them have been somewhat inactive...Berto has just been the most inactive of the inactives. K-9 just gets a bit excited, and forgets to use his jab because he wants to hurt the other guy so bad. Common, but that could mean that he'll end up letting Berto off the hook. Who knows.
Franchize
As shady as Berto has been, Im hoping he wins. Never cared for K9. Cshel, I like your name for the card. However, I think it should be called "battle of the workout warriors" The winner to received the coveted Jeff Lacy trophy lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 28 2012, 08:08 PM) *
As shady as Berto has been, Im hoping he wins. Never cared for K9. Cshel, I like your name for the card. However, I think it should be called "battle of the workout warriors" The winner to received the coveted Jeff Lacy trophy lol

laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 28 2012, 09:08 PM) *

I hope he wins too...tired of K-9. Both of these cats are C-plus fighters, being the fact that Berto got dusted by Ortiz, and Ortiz aint even a A-plus fighter...B-level at best. As for K-9...well, what about him? He's old, and he's looking for a shot. I do enjoy watching him fight...limited skills and all. I enjoyed him on The Contender.

When my dad brought to my attention how swole K-9 was, and how it effects your boxing/stamina, I started to look at him differently. He's good with tailor-made opponents, and the same could be said about Berto.

Jeff Lacy?! That dude HAD to know that boxing for more than 5 rounds would be a nightmare for him and his Olympic physique. laugh.gif K-9 takes the Jacy Award with ease in this one.
mgrover
i think K9 actually stops him
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 2 2012, 03:12 PM) *
i think K9 actually stops him

Oh how dreadful that would be for Berto. I would if he'd try and use the layoff as an excuse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.