Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:30PM(ET)/6:30(PT)-Rodriguez-Escalera/Devalle-Darchinyan-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Hey All,

Don't forget HBO's big tripleheader tonight!!!! Comments here Keep it all in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Gotta love these under the radar cards...they usually dont disappoint! I know little about the fighters, outside of Darchinyan, and he hasn't looked all that great lately. Some of the other fighters have familiar names, such as De Valle and Escalera, which points out the fact that I've more than likely seen them fight on FNF or ShoBox by accident.

I have no official predictions, which makes the night that much more interesting. Another great night of boxing ahead of us, and I can only pray that we have Kellerman, RJJ, and at least one of the pom pom wavers, since I dont have too much interest in Bob Papa's commentary.

Ready!
Cshel86
Gave the first 2 rounds to Decarie...especially the 2nd round. Small guy is putting in work.
Cshel86
Perez's head is straight up..open for that right hand that Decarie is throwing with conviction. no2.gif

Decarie up 3 to nothing...30 - 27
Cshel86
Pretty good 4th round, Perez got in a few big shots and got some confidence. I still gave it Decarie, because Perez got excited and got popped a couple of times in the closing seconds.

40 - 36
Cshel86
50 - 45 in favor of Decarie. The smaller man is making it look too easy.
Cshel86
DAAAAAMN! Decarie just scored a NASTY knockdown in the 6th!

Nevermind, it ended in under 10 seconds.

Great scrap!

Love these under the radar cards!
Cshel86
This Del Valle vs Darchinyan WONT go the distance. Both guys have bad intentions on their mind...

Why does Del Valle look like Abner Mares??? laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2012, 10:13 PM) *
This Del Valle vs Darchinyan WONT go the distance. Both guys have bad intentions on their mind...

Why does Del Valle look like Abner Mares??? laugh.gif

Ha!

Is the ref very tall, or are they miniature sized?

Close first round. Maybe to Darchinyan.
Cshel86
Gave the 1st to Vic, he was just more active, though not much happened. Del Valle's right hand aint shit, but his left hook had some pop in it. Hopefully he doesn't come forward with his hands down, because Vic is using a counter hook when Del Valle steps forward...could be a set up for something big.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2012, 10:22 PM) *
Gave the 1st to Vic, he was just more active, though not much happened. Del Valle's right hand aint shit, but his left hook had some pop in it. Hopefully he doesn't come forward with his hands down, because Vic is using a counter hook when Del Valle steps forward...could be a set up for something big.

Yup, round 1 to the Raging Bull.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 29 2012, 10:24 PM) *
Yup, round 1 to the Raging Bull.

Gave the 2nd to Vic as well. Del Valle had his moments in the 2nd, but Vic edged it. Vic is leading with these weird left hook type punches...Del Valle better be careful. I see a clash of heads coming as well.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Gave the 2nd to Vic as well. Del Valle had his moments in the 2nd, but Vic edged it. Vic is leading with these weird left hook type punches...Del Valle better be careful. I see a clash of heads coming as well.

I couldn't find a reason not to give all three rounds to Darchinyan.
Cshel86
Vic has this kid confused. Its like he's waiting for Del Valle to rush in and catch him. Del Valle looks a bit lost, but still has a puncher's chance. Its a shutout in Vic's favor so far... 3 rounds to nothing.

The only way this pace slows down, is if Vic gets cut...
Cshel86
40 - 36 in favor of Vic
Cheesey1
Darchinyan is doing a great job of sticking and moving. Yup, as you said he's using some of that veteran skill to confuse him.

The ref. looks like a giant next to them. Fee Fi Fo Fum...
Cshel86
Vic one this round as well. Again, Del Valle had a couple of moments, but Vic is landing that left. Smh...
Cheesey1
If it stays like this, Darchinyan might stop Del Valle.

Deep waters are a m'fer!
Cshel86
Woo! Del Valle is rushing in with his chin out in the open. He wont make it out of this round. Either that, or he hangs in there for one more, and his corner throws in the towel.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 29 2012, 10:40 PM) *
If it stays like this, Darchinyan might stop Del Valle.

Deep waters are a m'fer!

Yep
Cshel86
Pretty interesting 7th round. Looks like he hurt Vic, as seeing that it only tool one punch to bust vic's mouth open. Del Valle is too fuckin' square...Im sure somebody showed him angles in training. When you're squared up, you get hit with everything.
Cshel86
Yep...cant see this going any more than 10 rounds. no2.gif Del Valle is getting hit and losing his balance. If Vic tires himself out, then he beats himself. If not, vic wins this one....
Cheesey1
Yeah. I guess Del Valle has punching power. Darchinyan could just pot shot for the rest of 9 and also 10 and win. Not sure why Darchinyan wanted to brawl.He got caught.
Cshel86
Oh SHIT!

I think Vic is working against himself by throwing those uppercuts from a distance, but shit, if its been landing thus far, why critique it?\

This motherfucker aint tryin to win (Del Valle)
Cheesey1
Del Valle hopefully paid attention to his veteran teacher today. Excellent boxing match, but as you said and his corner said, Del Valle played himself too.
Cheesey1
Del Valle can come back. He's a tough kid, he just needs to use his brain.
Cshel86
I had Vic edging the 10th round. If anything, its 9-1 for Vic...or some could give Del Valle 2 rounds, one being a comparative round. Del Valle looked like he bit off more than he could chew, and the lights got the best of him.
Cshel86
Julie Lederman is fugly, but Im sure her name is someone's dictionary, next to "skullfuck" laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 29 2012, 10:58 PM) *
Del Valle hopefully paid attention to his veteran teacher today. Excellent boxing match, but as you said and his corner said, Del Valle played himself too.

Yep
Cshel86
Rodriguez rehydrated 20 lbs?! WTF?
Cheesey1
Jersey's representin' tonight, but in true NJ fashion each guy has been beaten down.
Cheesey1
I didn't see her.

Damn, 20 lbs.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 29 2012, 11:09 PM) *
Jersey's representin' tonight, but in true NJ fashion each guy has been beaten down.

Tell me about it...
Cshel86
Take a knee fool!
Cshel86
My thing is, if you're a real fuckin' professional, then take a fuckin' knee. Why take ALL of that punishment trying to survive a round, just to get beat up, and have no chance of surviving the later rounds?

Fuckin' dummy!

Go back to the supermarket loser...
Cheesey1
Haha! That's harsh. I hear you, but it's harsh. Escalera seems to be back in it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 29 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Haha! That's harsh. I hear you, but it's harsh. Escalera seems to be back in it.

I dont even like experienced pros, not take a knee. Whats the point of taking punishment to prove something?

Fuckin' fat Dan is on Twitter saying that the 1st round was a 10 - 8 w/o a knockdown. Why is that fat, boring, piece of shit motherfucker even covering boxing? Dude never has anything substantial to say. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
I stopped following him and I was also forced to stop following someone that was retweeting him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 29 2012, 11:23 PM) *
I stopped following him and I was forced to stop following someone that was retweeting him.

He sucks, big fat sloppy ass loser.

Escalera is ticking me off. He's just taking punches, and makes it appear as if he's fighting back, but he just doesnt want his night to end early.
Cheesey1
I think that Escalera is being outboxed and is getting beaten to the punch by the better boxer. He's game, but is not on Rodriguez level. As Roy said, Escalera will learn and maybe improve.
So far it looks like Ronnie Shields has done a good job with Rodriguez.

Uh oh, that blood from the ear isn't promising.
Cshel86
That Oct 27th card is going to be good. Whats up with the votes for the Oct 13th card? Let's be real, nobody gives a shit about Doo Doo Doanire's fight, people are really looking forward to Rios/Alavardo. laugh.gif
Cshel86
LMAO at Ronnie Shields and the "glitter" comment! Too funny!

Good stoppage...I dont even want to see Escalera's ear...
checkleft
Pretty one sided fights. Darchiniyan was determined and the Canadians guy was pretty good, Edwin was everything he's suppose to be against very limited competition.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2012, 11:39 PM) *
LMAO at Ronnie Shields and the "glitter" comment! Too funny!

Good stoppage...I dont even want to see Escalera's ear...

Yup.
daprofessor
missed the first fight...but darchinyan looked decent in his win. wish devalle would learn to throw his right more than one way. he kept doing the same shit over and over and over.....sad. either he has a chin...or darchinyan lost his power.

rodriguez was underwhelming. felt bad for his over matched opponent. that kid had no business in the ring with him. can't believe they did that to him. plus i heard rodriquez didn't make weight for the second weigh in the morning of the fight. was there a penalty? did they even mention it? if i'm escalera...i'm whoopin my managers ass for that one. rodriguez is going to lose to pavlik. not sure why they keep trying to force this kid down everyone's throat. i wasn't sold on him when he lost to will rosinsky and got that gift decision...still not sold on him now.

Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 1 2012, 08:56 PM) *
missed the first fight...but darchinyan looked decent in his win. wish devalle would learn to throw his right more than one way. he kept doing the same shit over and over and over.....sad. either he has a chin...or darchinyan lost his power.

rodriguez was underwhelming. felt bad for his over matched opponent. that kid had no business in the ring with him. can't believe they did that to him. plus i heard rodriquez didn't make weight for the second weigh in the morning of the fight. was there a penalty? did they even mention it? if i'm escalera...i'm whoopin my managers ass for that one. rodriguez is going to lose to pavlik. not sure why they keep trying to force this kid down everyone's throat. i wasn't sold on him when he lost to will rosinsky and got that gift decision...still not sold on him now.

You really need to catch the first fight...by far the best on the card! And Del Valle...I wasn't impressed with him at all...I had faith in him, but wasn't impressed the least bit.

He played right into Vic's plan, and if I wasn't mistaken, he was waaaay too square, too often, throughout that fight. All of that dipping head first, verified those left hands served by Darchinyan...just nasty, he couldn't miss.

As for the main event, or the "pain event"...it hurt to watch. The grocery store cat was too prideful to take a knee, and clinch half the time. He just leaned on the ropes, ate punches, and attempted to roll the ones that he was actually getting hit with...regardless of whether or not he thought he was really rolling them. He'll definitely be bagging groceries if he keeps that up. Lol

PS: I had no idea how shitfaced I was, until I read some of my post towards the end of this thread. As I read on and on, I just felt myself drift away from reality, and the Dan Rafael post just hammered it. What a skid mark I am to society no2.gif True gentleman....
flazi
damn all the boricuas lost on that card.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 1 2012, 09:52 PM) *
You really need to catch the first fight...by far the best on the card! And Del Valle...I wasn't impressed with him at all...I had faith in him, but wasn't impressed the least bit.

He played right into Vic's plan, and if I wasn't mistaken, he was waaaay too square, too often, throughout that fight. All of that dipping head first, verified those left hands served by Darchinyan...just nasty, he couldn't miss.

As for the main event, or the "pain event"...it hurt to watch. The grocery store cat was too prideful to take a knee, and clinch half the time. He just leaned on the ropes, ate punches, and attempted to roll the ones that he was actually getting hit with...regardless of whether or not he thought he was really rolling them. He'll definitely be bagging groceries if he keeps that up. Lol

PS: I had no idea how shitfaced I was, until I read some of my post towards the end of this thread. As I read on and on, I just felt myself drift away from reality, and the Dan Rafael post just hammered it. What a skid mark I am to society no2.gif True gentleman....

daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Oct 2 2012, 06:37 PM) *
damn all the boricuas lost on that card.

yup.

i'll have to go back and watch the first fight...but management for devalle and escalera need a beat down. those matches shouldn't have been made.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 2 2012, 07:44 PM) *
management for devalle and escalera need a beat down. those matches shouldn't have been made.

Yep. No way in hell, an up and coming, undefeated, promising, prospect in Del Valle, should've been in there with a badass in Darchinyan, who had absolutely nothing to lose. no2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.