Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan vs Molina
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mgrover
If Wikipedia and boxrec are to be believed Carlos Molina is an undefeated lightweight, so hes going up in weight for one, hes obviously being served up to Khan, personally I haven't seen Molina, so anyone know if hes any good?
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 29 2012, 02:49 PM) *
If Wikipedia and boxrec are to be believed Carlos Molina is an undefeated lightweight, so hes going up in weight for one, hes obviously being served up to Khan, personally I haven't seen Molina, so anyone know if hes any good?

I read that earlier as well...looks like he has under 20 fights as well. I may have seen Molina fight on FNF by accident a time or two, but dont quote me on that. Funny how Khan is willing to fight a prospect now, but when Jessie Vargas's sorry ass was offered to him, he looked the other way.

I understand though, Khan was at a higher level (image and money wise) than Vargas was at the time, and still is, so I understand. He does need a soft touch though, his schedule has been hell on wheels for the last 2 years.

Im not sure how good this Molina guy is...
checkleft
Very safe fight for khan. But after a knockout like that and his latest string of fights maybe the guy deserves a soft touch to get comfortable with hunter and gain some confidence. I mean he's fought maidana lamont Danny zab Paulie.. you can say what you want but this guy tries to fight everyone
checkleft
Does this molina guy have a younger brother that's a prospect that's hella good, he fought on Fnf not too long ago
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 29 2012, 04:30 PM) *
Very safe fight for khan. But after a knockout like that and his latest string of fights maybe the guy deserves a soft touch to get comfortable with hunter and gain some confidence. I mean he's fought maidana lamont Danny zab Paulie.. you can say what you want but this guy tries to fight everyone

Agreed.
mgrover
he has heart, balls and speed. but there not enough to take on some of the elite since a lot of the times nowadays in boxing hearts almost outta the equation, i hate it when a fighter gets up from a KD to have it stopped by the ref.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 29 2012, 05:30 PM) *
he has heart, balls and speed. but there not enough to take on some of the elite since a lot of the times nowadays in boxing hearts almost outta the equation, i hate it when a fighter gets up from a KD to have it stopped by the ref.

Luckily for Khan he's still young enough. That's the beauty of being young. You can fuck up and maybe still fix things. If you're old and fuck up...
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 29 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Luckily for Khan he's still young enough. That's the beauty of being young. You can fuck up and maybe still fix things. If you're old and fuck up...

could always do an Ortiz and commit career suicide

then again the casual fans are fickle, if he stops someone important they'll love him again
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 29 2012, 06:48 PM) *
then again the casual fans are fickle, if he stops someone important they'll love him again

Agreed. Now that I think about it, when was the last time Khan stopped somebody in an impressive fashion? He's fought so much, that cant really remember.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2012, 06:01 PM) *
Agreed. Now that I think about it, when was the last time Khan stopped somebody in an impressive fashion? He's fought so much, that cant really remember.

He stopped Judah... But not in an impressive fashion lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 29 2012, 07:31 PM) *
He stopped Judah... But not in an impressive fashion lol

So I guess we can say that he stopped Paulie in a decent fashion a couple of years back. Amir will bounce back from this hard place in his career, but his attitude has DEFINITELY gotta change.
Amandla
Anyone see the money here?

Hatton beats Senchenko

Khan beats Molina

Maybe Kell Brook gets a shot?

Payday ensues as eliminator for Malignaggi.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 29 2012, 06:48 PM) *
could always do an Ortiz and commit career suicide

Possibly and you're right about the casual fans.

Haha, I know I sound spastically optimistic, but I think Ortiz being trained by Mayweather Sr. is a fantastic move by GBP. When I heard that I thought, ODLH. GBP still sees a future for Ortiz.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Amandla @ Sep 29 2012, 08:31 PM) *
Anyone see the money here?

Hatton beats Senchenko

Khan beats Molina

Maybe Kell Brook gets a shot?

Payday ensues as eliminator for Malignaggi.

No reason to disagree.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 29 2012, 04:03 PM) *
Does this molina guy have a younger brother that's a prospect that's hella good, he fought on Fnf not too long ago

carlos and javier molina. they both were olympians. one for the u.s. and one for mexico. they were both amateur standouts. there's a documentary on them called born and bred.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 1 2012, 12:06 AM) *
carlos and javier molina. they both were olympians. one for the u.s. and one for mexico. they were both amateur standouts. there's a documentary on them called born and bred.

I knew I had watched something on them.. I was also confusing them with the magdaleno brothers
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 29 2012, 01:49 PM) *

Mr. Grover, it's not Carlos Molina. It's John Molina Jr. John Molina Jr. is the lightweight. Carlos Molina is a super welterweight.
mgrover
ah right there both just a name to me atm
checkleft
Did anyone hear that Khan and his brother beat the shit out of six dudes that tried to car jack them? Lol, is this true or just a rumor?
mgrover
Yeah its true
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 10 2012, 12:51 AM) *
Did anyone hear that Khan and his brother beat the shit out of six dudes that tried to car jack them? Lol, is this true or just a rumor?

Sounds like they're trying to make Khan sound like a bad man again. Lol. No seriously, I read about it yesterday, and almost blew it off. It was a bit hard for me to believe for some odd reason, but again, getting hit by a pro fighter rather than some street brawler with a pepper steak gut, is a HUGE difference.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2012, 07:56 AM) *
Sounds like they're trying to make Khan sound like a bad man again. Lol. No seriously, I read about it yesterday, and almost blew it off. It was a bit hard for me to believe for some odd reason, but again, getting hit by a pro fighter rather than some street brawler with a pepper steak gut, is a HUGE difference.

barry...khan's little brother, can scrap. i'll vouch for him. i'm guessing the guys that tried to jack him were little fellas...because they're both small guys.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 10 2012, 02:40 PM) *
barry...khan's little brother, can scrap. i'll vouch for him. i'm guessing the guys that tried to jack him were little fellas...because they're both small guys.

Well I dont know if their size matters, especially when we're talking pro fighters in street fights. I've seen Judah floor a 200+ lb cat in a street fight, so I wont put it past Khan or his brother to lay a big guy out.

Im not sure why Khan hasn't been publicly questioned about the incident, but then again, Im not quite sure if any arrests were made, so the smart thing to do is keep quiet about it.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2012, 03:01 PM) *
Well I dont know if their size matters, especially when we're talking pro fighters in street fights. I've seen Judah floor a 200+ lb cat in a street fight, so I wont put it past Khan or his brother to lay a big guy out.

Im not sure why Khan hasn't been publicly questioned about the incident, but then again, Im not quite sure if any arrests were made, so the smart thing to do is keep quiet about it.

Haha very smart.

Thing I don't get is how do you not know who Amir Khan is in London? Lol, but good for amir seems to me like this could have been a lot worse and it would have been a big hit for British boxing if we had a homicide/ double homicide on our hands instead of a hell of a story. You never know when a guy has a gun or knife or something

Just to add to this, if amir looks very fast on tv imagine how fast he looked to some two bit car jackers Haha
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 10 2012, 03:00 PM) *
Haha very smart.

Thing I don't get is how do you not know who Amir Khan is in London? Lol, but good for amir seems to me like this could have been a lot worse and it would have been a big hit for British boxing if we had a homicide/ double homicide on our hands instead of a hell of a story. You never know when a guy has a gun or knife or something

Just to add to this, if amir looks very fast on tv imagine how fast he looked to some two bit car jackers Haha

laugh.gif they probably shit themselves. laugh.gif
Amandla
robber came out all butthurt made two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=Yw2xNe1Lxtg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXQjD0r3Ics

loadsa mockeries coming out of this dumb rat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNljcfHVpt4

lol Bollywood Amir Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9F9LK5rUVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi3bu_YcWsc

lol

enjoy
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2012, 03:01 PM) *

If you're talking about that sidewalk scuffle with Judah, I saw that video too lol. He gave that dude the business. All I could say is DAMN!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 14 2012, 08:45 PM) *
If you're talking about that sidewalk scuffle with Judah, I saw that video too lol. He gave that dude the business. All I could say is DAMN!

Yep, Im sure we're talking about the dice game that happened in Miami. That shit turned into a mess, quickly.

The bullshit starts at 2:25...and the mighty unseen blow comes at about 2:49 laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.