Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather/Bradley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
This fight will be made. It is smart business-wise for the Mayweather camp for 2 reasons.

1. Bradley has a win over Pacquiao(no matter what you think you saw). If Maywether beats Bradley(which is almost a guarantee), then he doesnt have to fight Pacquiao because he beat the guy who beat him. OR, he can go into negotiations for a Pacquiao fight with a larger chunk of the purse. What was 55 - 45 will easilit become 65 - 35 or worse.

2. Bradley is at least on paper a legit fight, so all the Sergio Martinez vs Mayweather talk goes away. Mayweather will kill 2 birds with one stone. He can avoid the threat that Martinez poses and save face because his fans will argue that Bradley was a better opponent anyway.
checkleft
I made a thread about this a while back too feeling that if mayweather called Bradley out either A. He would screw arum into a corner and B. Force pacs hand for a rematch if he wants Floyd.

But we all know arum won't let it happen, it would make his cash cow look terrible if mayweather schools Bradley. If Tim had trouble with a counter puncher like holt mayweather can possibly stop him
neophyte7
Mayweather goes at guys with zero power... 9 rounds and Bradley is out of there... Bradley has well rounded skills but no power. A good business fight and Floyd again dishes out more punishment than he takes... he would suffer minimal damage in hacking up Bradley and make big bucks
Plah
This fight won't be made... ever.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Sep 30 2012, 09:25 AM) *
Mayweather goes at guys with zero power... 9 rounds and Bradley is out of there... Bradley has well rounded skills but no power. A good business fight and Floyd again dishes out more punishment than he takes... he would suffer minimal damage in hacking up Bradley and make big bucks

I guess Ortiz, cotto, Mosley, and Oscar have zero power. The only upside to a fight with Bradley is the fact that it would mean Mayweather, Golden Boy, and Top Rank are working together. Highly doubt this fight will be made though
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Sep 30 2012, 01:58 PM) *
I guess Ortiz, cotto, Mosley, and Oscar have zero power. The only upside to a fight with Bradley is the fact that it would mean Mayweather, Golden Boy, and Top Rank are working together. Highly doubt this fight will be made though

I think dude just meant that Floyd would be aggressive against Bradley in terms of how he'd fight him. I agree that the fight wont be made so long as Bradley is with TopRank, but it did make sense. Because of Sergio Martinez remarks, I expect Mayweather to stay on the shelf for a while. I dont see him fighting Martinez either.
Franchize
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 1 2012, 01:34 AM) *
I think dude just meant that Floyd would be aggressive against Bradley in terms of how he'd fight him. I agree that the fight wont be made so long as Bradley is with TopRank, but it did make sense. Because of Sergio Martinez remarks, I expect Mayweather to stay on the shelf for a while. I dont see him fighting Martinez either.

What were his remarks?

N Yea, this one is a looooooong shot. It would be a win win for Arum. He'd make money off of Floyd, keep Bradley relevant and keep Manny, whose still his cash cow for now, protected. It's actually a win win win lol
BigFightFan
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 1 2012, 01:34 AM) *

You are right, I misunderstood the post.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 1 2012, 09:01 AM) *
What were his remarks?

N Yea, this one is a looooooong shot. It would be a win win for Arum. He'd make money off of Floyd, keep Bradley relevant and keep Manny, whose still his cash cow for now, protected. It's actually a win win win lol

At another website, an article was published stating that Sergio would fight Mayweather at 54 and he would crush his bones or something like that.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 1 2012, 08:01 AM) *
What were his remarks?

Arum doesn't want to see mayweather make a dime and mayweather doesn't want arum to make a dime either which is why the negotiations are going the way they are going.

Arum is probably saving Bradley for one of pacs last fights. And if rios looks good in his next fight I'm sure he will be in the running for a pac fight.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 1 2012, 03:54 PM) *
Arum is probably saving Bradley for one of pacs last fights. And if rios looks good in his next fight I'm sure he will be in the running for a pac fight.

BINGO!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Plah @ Sep 30 2012, 10:18 AM) *
This fight won't be made... ever.

this...plus the pac fight.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Sep 30 2012, 08:25 AM) *

By now we ought to recognize that comment in bold as a farce!! Floyd has really decent power, it is enough to keep iron-chinned guys like Mosley honest, Cotto honest and many others. I'm not sure where comments like these originate from but just ask Vic Ortiz if he can punch, there is a reason why fighters who have faced him got out of the fire when the heat got hot- Hatton tried to get away but couldn't, how many guys including the so called "harder punching" Kostya who hit Ricky with everything but the kitchen sink has KO'd Ricky Hatton hitting him in the face?

Bradley is the best fight for Floyd right now because Martinez is only doing what Pac is doing by repeating Mayweather's name over and over and that is to just stay relevant in boxing. If Martinez really wants to prove how much a bad azz he really is then why doesn't he move for a CW fight with Ward at 165 instead of asking for a CW fight with the smaller Floyd and Pac??

Pac was too scared to prove he could beat Bradley and took the easier fight with JMM for a way out and a little more money and there isn't anyone else out there that people consider a threat to Floyd other than Pac and Bradley, so why not fight him-after all he is the Champ who beat Pac fair and square in the judges eyes even though many blinded people don't agree.
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 2 2012, 10:10 PM) *
By now we ought to recognize that comment in bold as a farce!! Floyd has really decent power, it is enough to keep iron-chinned guys like Mosley honest, Cotto honest and many others. I'm not sure where comments like these originate from but just ask Vic Ortiz if he can punch, there is a reason why fighters who have faced him got out of the fire when the heat got hot- Hatton tried to get away but couldn't, how many guys including the so called "harder punching" Kostya who hit Ricky with everything but the kitchen sink has KO'd Ricky Hatton hitting him in the face?

Bradley is the best fight for Floyd right now because Martinez is only doing what Pac is doing by repeating Mayweather's name over and over and that is to just stay relevant in boxing. If Martinez really wants to prove how much a bad azz he really is then why doesn't he move for a CW fight with Ward at 165 instead of asking for a CW fight with the smaller Floyd and Pac??

Pac was too scared to prove he could beat Bradley and took the easier fight with JMM for a way out and a little more money and there isn't anyone else out there that people consider a threat to Floyd other than Pac and Bradley, so why not fight him-after all he is the Champ who beat Pac fair and square in the judges eyes even though many blinded people don't agree.

mehhh i think its the fact that hatton ran into the pole had more to do with it
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 2 2012, 04:12 PM) *
mehhh i think its the fact that hatton ran into the pole had more to do with it

You're entitled to your opinion but if you look at the replay you can clearly see he was already out on his feet which is why he lost control of his faculties and his feet were up off the ground sending him straight into the Ringpost. I believe the secondary impact (hitting that pole) actually woke him up.

AT 2:01 mark watch as Hatton's arms go limp from Floyd's punch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvdFYVmjgM...feature=related Just like in the UFC when a fighter goes limp getting grounded and pounded he is out and the Ref usually stops the fight. Clearly Hatton was out on his feet and the ringpost woke him up.
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 2 2012, 10:30 PM) *
You're entitled to your opinion but if you look at the replay you can clearly see he was already out on his feet which is why he lost control of his faculties and his feet were up off the ground sending him straight into the Ringpost. I believe the secondary impact (hitting that pole) actually woke him up.

AT 2:01 mark watch as Hatton's arms go limp from Floyd's punch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvdFYVmjgM...feature=related Just like in the UFC when a fighter goes limp getting grounded and pounded he is out and the Ref usually stops the fight. Clearly Hatton was out on his feet and the ringpost woke him up.

i dont know, that split second were his legs go forward, i personally cant seem to explain it, but i still think its was the post. i dont doubt mayweather having power, but i think its more the accuracy, that's all really.
Cshel86
LMAO at the "Hatton hitting the ring post" debate! laugh.gif

Poor Ricky. That dude fought his heart out though. Cant wait til he returns.

Cshel86
On another note, I wouldn't mind a Mayweather/Bradley fight. Hell, Tim already got a Pac fight, which I was totally against at one point, so a Floyd fight doesn't sound so far-fetched.

Arum would more than likely be opposed to it. When it comes to showing those books after a fight is done, Arum treats it like he's being asked to empty out his pockets after a poker game that he just won.

If he's able to rip Manny's pockets, then he'd have a field day with Tim's, even if he had to sit down with GBP and open the book of expenses and so on. Now that I think about, he may just actually be crazy enough to do it.

Im not sure how cool Floyd feels about his relatively unknown opponents making more than $3M (aside from Cotto who made $8M), because he'd probably go into the whole "nobody knows this guy, Im building the fight, Im the bigger draw, Arum just wants more money, etc".

Bradley was just guaranteed $5M in his last fight, so Im sure he'll be looking for more than that. Arum will say, "We cant afford to pay you that big of a guarantee", when in actuality, he probably would be able to, but leave it to Bob to get his "other cut".

Sheesh, the more scenarios I come up with, the fight just seems to have this "yes, no, maybe so" thingy going on. laugh.gif
neophyte7
"Goes at guys with Zero power" means he would not box at all.... Bradley would be hacked to pieces... His well rounded skills would keep him in the fight, but Floyd would definitely go for a stoppage.. I would not mind seeing this fight.. It would be exciting, but then again, Bradley may after getting clipped a few times use his well rounded skills to simply survive, thereby making it as eventful as watching people swim laps at the local YMCA!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 2 2012, 05:10 PM) *

martinez has run off a very impressive streak of wins...and most of them by ko. he doesn't need to prove he is a bad ass...his performances speak for themselves. in a perfect world...he shouldn't need to call out floyd.

as for floyd ko'ing ricky hatton....i think the guy was softened up before he ever got to floyd. collazo had him on his knees in what should have been a knock down. more than power....floyd has accuracy and speed. it's the shot that u don't see coming that hurts u the most. floyd has pin point accuracy.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 2 2012, 07:37 PM) *
martinez has run off a very impressive streak of wins...and most of them by ko. he doesn't need to prove he is a bad ass...his performances speak for themselves. in a perfect world...he shouldn't need to call out floyd.

as for floyd ko'ing ricky hatton....i think the guy was softened up before he ever got to floyd. collazo had him on his knees in what should have been a knock down. more than power....floyd has accuracy and speed. it's the shot that u don't see coming that hurts u the most. floyd has pin point accuracy.

Boxing knowledge at its finest. People forget this way too often
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 2 2012, 08:08 PM) *
Boxing knowledge at its finest. People forget this way too often

yes they do. thanks.
JD22
With Arum, I don't know. Arum has just built some sort of "new business" with Bradley. I don't think he would dare let Floyd get involved. IMO, and I believe Arum knows, Mayweather is more wrong for Tim than he is for Manny.

Just my thought fellaz.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 2 2012, 06:37 PM) *

No doubt Martinez has been impressive but if he really wants to prove how bad he is then he shouldn't be calling out the little guys, Ward is waiting for a worthy opponent, call him out Sergio.

Hatton was even more softened up when Manny fought him because even Lazcano damn near had him out of there.

The problem we have today with boxing is that the promoters have too many options and the boxing commissions can only use stripping their fighters of titles/belts (of which nobody cares about any longer) as a measure to regulate who fights who. The solution is for Boxing Commissions to be able to fine Promoters (Not Boxers because promoters care more about losing their little bit of money) if they don't make their fighters fight the other fighters that the public demands the most.

I bet if that were to start happening that we'd see the quality fights/match-ups we want to see. What should be happening now is that we should be seeing the rematch between Pac and Bradley and then a fight between Floyd and Pac (should Manny win), if Manny loses then it should be Floyd vs Bradley.

This Pac vs JMM 4 fight is just another way for Arum to keep Pac from getting beatdown by Floyd.
Jovi
even IF pacquiao does win, do you think floyd is going to want to vs pac right away? by the time the fight would take place it would mean around 10-12 months mayweather hadn't been in the ring. Idkk man, on twitter mayweather talks more about poker than he does boxing anymore lol

If he fights pac, i hope he does it AFTER he beats bradley. Easy paycheck, no argument about a bigger cut, and actually a fight i wouldn't mind seeing now that tim bradley's name is relevant in boxing now. and I see mayweather eating up bradley, bradley offensively doesn't really pose a threat to mayweather, and he may try to be slick but he will not be able to out mayweather the one and only Money mayweather. I can see alot of trash talk during the 24/7 too, i can even see the trainers wanting to box eachother after this haha.

After mayweather decimates bradley, the only fight that makes sense and is put back into the light is mayweather/ pacquiao.

Cshel86
I think Floyd's waiting for one of these welterweights to pull some Fight of the Year-type shit, and it will all boil down to it by the end of December, after the Peterson/Bradley rematch happens.

Whoever Floyd fights next, he's make sure he exceeds Manny's payday against JMM, which I believe is a $23M guarantee. So Floyd's gotta find a guy who heightens the purse bid, and is sure to make about $3M (or under), while Floyd hits or exceeds $25M.

I laugh my ass off at people crying for the Pac fight, and have no idea about the business of the sport.

Fan w/ sense: "Floyd makes more money in his fights, and has been making more than Manny for a while. He doesn't have a promoter, so he makes and keeps most of his money".
Fan w/ none: " Naw, see because uhhh, that's because Floyd dont have no promoter man. Manny got a promoter, that's why he dont make that much. Why dont they just make the fight happen? Manny can just tell Bob Anum that he wanna fight, den dats is all they gotta do. Floyd scared man, he scared. Floyds a coward, fraud Gayweather".

See how dumb that sounds? How is having a promoter who takes your money and makes shitty fights, an okay thing? Weird. I just tell them to stop crying and scratching their itchy vaginas over a fight. Just STFU! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 3 2012, 09:46 AM) *
No doubt Martinez has been impressive but if he really wants to prove how bad he is then he shouldn't be calling out the little guys, Ward is waiting for a worthy opponent, call him out Sergio.

Hatton was even more softened up when Manny fought him because even Lazcano damn near had him out of there.

The problem we have today with boxing is that the promoters have too many options and the boxing commissions can only use stripping their fighters of titles/belts (of which nobody cares about any longer) as a measure to regulate who fights who. The solution is for Boxing Commissions to be able to fine Promoters (Not Boxers because promoters care more about losing their little bit of money) if they don't make their fighters fight the other fighters that the public demands the most.

I bet if that were to start happening that we'd see the quality fights/match-ups we want to see. What should be happening now is that we should be seeing the rematch between Pac and Bradley and then a fight between Floyd and Pac (should Manny win), if Manny loses then it should be Floyd vs Bradley.

This Pac vs JMM 4 fight is just another way for Arum to keep Pac from getting beatdown by Floyd.

i forgot about lazcano...ur right.

i think you're confusing the commissions with the sanctioning bodies. i don't totally agree with that. i think everyone has a responsibility. ultimately, it's the networks that can say yes or no to a fighter and they do it all the time. they need to step in to make things better instead of pushing their own agendas all the time. they're too busy trying to tell a story...or push their house fighter...rather than let the chips fall where they may. case in point....cloud vs campillo. that was a big time robbery. they could refuse to let cloud fight on the network again and force him into the rematch. problem is...the sanctioning body will back the promoter who brings money to the table. they'll use the excuse that cloud has a mandatory or some other bullshit. well at that point...showtime should tell cloud to kick rocks and come back when he's ready to face campillo in a well deserved rematch. it should be that simple.

arum was told to kick rocks by hbo when he brought pac/mosley...and for good reason. showtime scooped that shit up and it was a stinker. looks like hbo is going to take pac/jmm 4...they'll be the ones eating the cost on that flop. because they're under new management...they're going to allow this mistake..but i seriously doubt they allow it again afterwards. if so, hbo should consider going in a different direction with management.

business has got in the way of pac/floyd. arum is not going to let floyd (the one who got away) get paid off of beating arum's biggest fighter without some sort of strings being attached. i won't hold my breath for that fight because i don't believe it will ever happen. arum has said he's willing to do business with 50...but he refuses to do business with al haymon. one guy is harvard educated and one guy isn't. do the math. he thinks he can pull the wool over 50's eyes...he knows he can't do that with haymon.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jovi @ Oct 3 2012, 11:52 AM) *
even IF pacquiao does win, do you think floyd is going to want to vs pac right away? by the time the fight would take place it would mean around 10-12 months mayweather hadn't been in the ring. Idkk man, on twitter mayweather talks more about poker than he does boxing anymore lol

If he fights pac, i hope he does it AFTER he beats bradley. Easy paycheck, no argument about a bigger cut, and actually a fight i wouldn't mind seeing now that tim bradley's name is relevant in boxing now. and I see mayweather eating up bradley, bradley offensively doesn't really pose a threat to mayweather, and he may try to be slick but he will not be able to out mayweather the one and only Money mayweather. I can see alot of trash talk during the 24/7 too, i can even see the trainers wanting to box eachother after this haha.

After mayweather decimates bradley, the only fight that makes sense and is put back into the light is mayweather/ pacquiao.

i don't think bradley gets the credit he deserves. he's much better than ppl realize. there's a reason pac wasn't attacking when they fought. there's a reason he was trying to steal rounds too.

in a match with floyd...tim isn't going to fight him the same way he fought pac. it would be a totally different style. i can see him using intelligent pressure which he is very capable of. he won't be as careless as ortiz...and he brings a little more speed and mobility than cotto. i can see bradley giving floyd a run for his money. mayweather should win...but it wouldn't be a walk in the park that's for sure.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2012, 12:10 PM) *
I think Floyd's waiting for one of these welterweights to pull some Fight of the Year-type shit, and it will all boil down to it by the end of December, after the Peterson/Bradley rematch happens.

Whoever Floyd fights next, he's make sure he exceeds Manny's payday against JMM, which I believe is a $23M guarantee. So Floyd's gotta find a guy who heightens the purse bid, and is sure to make about $3M (or under), while Floyd hits or exceeds $25M.

I laugh my ass off at people crying for the Pac fight, and have no idea about the business of the sport.

Fan w/ sense: "Floyd makes more money in his fights, and has been making more than Manny for a while. He doesn't have a promoter, so he makes and keeps most of his money".
Fan w/ none: " Naw, see because uhhh, that's because Floyd dont have no promoter man. Manny got a promoter, that's why he dont make that much. Why dont they just make the fight happen? Manny can just tell Bob Anum that he wanna fight, den dats is all they gotta do. Floyd scared man, he scared. Floyds a coward, fraud Gayweather".

See how dumb that sounds? How is having a promoter who takes your money and makes shitty fights, an okay thing? Weird. I just tell them to stop crying and scratching their itchy vaginas over a fight. Just STFU! laugh.gif

laugh.gif

let's look at it from another perspective...

if u knew u were going to get ur ass beat if u faced mayweather and at that point all the big pay days stopped...wouldn't u want a promoter who steered u in a different direction and kept duping the public so u could still keep getting paid?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 3 2012, 02:34 PM) *
laugh.gif

let's look at it from another perspective...

if u knew u were going to get ur ass beat if u faced mayweather and at that point all the big pay days stopped...wouldn't u want a promoter who steered u in a different direction and kept duping the public so u could still keep getting paid?

Hmm....that sounds about right.

checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 3 2012, 02:31 PM) *
i don't think bradley gets the credit he deserves. he's much better than ppl realize. there's a reason pac wasn't attacking when they fought. there's a reason he was trying to steal rounds too.

in a match with floyd...tim isn't going to fight him the same way he fought pac. it would be a totally different style. i can see him using intelligent pressure which he is very capable of. he won't be as careless as ortiz...and he brings a little more speed and mobility than cotto. i can see bradley giving floyd a run for his money. mayweather should win...but it wouldn't be a walk in the park that's for sure.

Bradley would apply very smart pressure against Floyd. Tim is a way better pressure fighter than a boxer, he is very underratted. But I still think Floyd stops him with short punches Bradley wouldn't see on the inside after Bradley roughs him up for a few rounds with good effective pressure.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 3 2012, 06:34 PM) *
Bradley would apply very smart pressure against Floyd. Tim is a way better pressure fighter than a boxer, he is very underratted. But I still think Floyd stops him with short punches Bradley wouldn't see on the inside after Bradley roughs him up for a few rounds with good effective pressure.

i could see floyd catching bradley with some short shots if/when he gets careless...he sometimes does that. what i don't see is bradley falling apart. he's very capable of making adjustments. i can't see floyd stopping him.
Archimedes
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 29 2012, 11:49 PM) *
This fight will be made. It is smart business-wise for the Mayweather camp for 2 reasons.

1. Bradley has a win over Pacquiao(no matter what you think you saw). If Maywether beats Bradley(which is almost a guarantee), then he doesnt have to fight Pacquiao because he beat the guy who beat him. OR, he can go into negotiations for a Pacquiao fight with a larger chunk of the purse. What was 55 - 45 will easilit become 65 - 35 or worse.

2. Bradley is at least on paper a legit fight, so all the Sergio Martinez vs Mayweather talk goes away. Mayweather will kill 2 birds with one stone. He can avoid the threat that Martinez poses and save face because his fans will argue that Bradley was a better opponent anyway.

I don't see how this fight is the least bit practical for Floyd Mayweather. Bradley is a horrible draw, and since Floyd fights for the "money" it wouldn't make sense that he would even consider this, heck Arum and Pacquiao didn't. The only reason Manny isn't facing Bradley again is simple economics and nothing more. Pacquiao would rather run the risk of fans not being as enthusiastic for another moronic clash with Marquez, with the same dim witted buildup, than face Bradley again.

If Arum would've considered putting Pacquiao in with Bradley again, in my humble opinion, that would be equivalent to promotional malpractice. I'm sure Bradley's a great guy, but as a commodity he's about as valuable as a shit sandwich.

That's my take.......
neophyte7
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 3 2012, 08:33 PM) *
i could see floyd catching bradley with some short shots if/when he gets careless...he sometimes does that. what i don't see is bradley falling apart. he's very capable of making adjustments. i can't see floyd stopping him.

Floyd could have and should have stopped Mosley... Ortiz was stopped and he had Cotto very damaged and primed to be stopped ??? pillow fisted Bradely gets stopped....Floyd said his toughest fight was Emmanuel Burton (Augustus).. Burton was very skilled and well rounded like Bradely is.. probably even better offensively and defensively when he wanted to be.. like Bradely Emmanuel had no power and he got stopped. I don't think Bradley's chin is a good as that of Emmanuel Burton who was on his feet until his corner threw in the towel. Great back and forth action.. Bradley would have to be on his bike in order not to get stopped. He tries to be a bully in there with Floyd and that huge noggin gets pummeled.. I can see uppercuts en route to a stoppage.. You mention adjustments??? the only adjustments after Bradley is surprised by the power and strength of mayweather is to be in retreat and survival mode... I see nothing in Bradley that poses a threat to mayweather...
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 6 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Floyd could have and should have stopped Mosley... Ortiz was stopped and he had Cotto very damaged and primed to be stopped ??? pillow fisted Bradely gets stopped....Floyd said his toughest fight was Emmanuel Burton (Augustus).. Burton was very skilled and well rounded like Bradely is.. probably even better offensively and defensively when he wanted to be.. like Bradely Emmanuel had no power and he got stopped. I don't think Bradley's chin is a good as that of Emmanuel Burton who was on his feet until his corner threw in the towel. Great back and forth action.. Bradley would have to be on his bike in order not to get stopped. He tries to be a bully in there with Floyd and that huge noggin gets pummeled.. I can see uppercuts en route to a stoppage.. You mention adjustments??? the only adjustments after Bradley is surprised by the power and strength of mayweather is to be in retreat and survival mode... I see nothing in Bradley that poses a threat to mayweather...

i should have stopped reading after u said "he had cotto very damaged and primed to be stopped.." laugh.gif

floyd has recently said cotto was his toughest opponent ever. if he can admit that...why can't u?

bradley, unlike burton....knows how to win consistently and has not lost a bout yet. i take nothing away from burton because he was as crafty as they come...and like bradley...even though he didn't have big punching power...his punch was to be respected. floyd is a safety first fighter and is content with getting a decision win. bradley is calculating and will make adjustments. i'll agree to disagree...i don't see floyd stopping bradley.
neophyte7
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 8 2012, 06:56 PM) *
i should have stopped reading after u said "he had cotto very damaged and primed to be stopped.." laugh.gif

floyd has recently said cotto was his toughest opponent ever. if he can admit that...why can't u?

bradley, unlike burton....knows how to win consistently and has not lost a bout yet. i take nothing away from burton because he was as crafty as they come...and like bradley...even though he didn't have big punching power...his punch was to be respected. floyd is a safety first fighter and is content with getting a decision win. bradley is calculating and will make adjustments. i'll agree to disagree...i don't see floyd stopping bradley.

Ok.. I did not gather that or recall reading it, yet up until Cotto Augustus was his toughest fight according to Floyd.. and if you watch that fight Floyd fought face first and had no respect for Augusts power which resulted in him having a bloody nose throughout... really.. I think if Floyd stepped it up he could have gotten Cotto out of there.. Augustus was stopped and it was called his toughest fight... I have no problem admitting Cotto was a tough fight, yet Floyd could have stopped him and I don't think I am on the only one who saw this... only gave Cotto 4 rounds---I recall Cotto being near the brink in round 12... The only way Bradley does not get stopped is if he is on his bike and opts not to trade... he has no power. He is pillow fisted... my view of course... you have yours and I have mines...
checkleft
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 8 2012, 07:06 PM) *
Ok.. I did not gather that or recall reading it, yet up until Cotto Augustus was his toughest fight according to Floyd.. and if you watch that fight Floyd fought face first and had no respect for Augusts power which resulted in him having a bloody nose throughout... really.. I think if Floyd stepped it up he could have gotten Cotto out of there.. Augustus was stopped and it was called his toughest fight... I have no problem admitting Cotto was a tough fight, yet Floyd could have stopped him and I don't think I am on the only one who saw this... only gave Cotto 4 rounds---I recall Cotto being near the brink in round 12... The only way Bradley does not get stopped is if he is on his bike and opts not to trade... he has no power. He is pillow fisted... my view of course... you have yours and I have mines...

I thought Floyd carried cotto on two occasions, I saw cotto hurt in the fourth I think and again in the 12th. Mayweather definitely laid back, maybe because of his hand maybe because he was sick and didnt want to gas or something or maybe he did just that and carried cotto. But miguel did make him pay and gave him a very rough fight.
Franchize
Bradley is relentless, so he'd make it a grueling fight at first, but at some point when you fight Floyd, you have to have a certain caliber of skill. I just don't think Bradley has that.
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 8 2012, 06:06 PM) *

4 is reasonable. i gave him 5. name another opponent that has won 4 rounds against floyd....

i saw cotto buzzed in that last round...but he came right back at floyd and floyd did what he does...he boxed.

if and when floyd fights bradley...i'd be more than willing to bet the house that one goes the distance.
checkleft
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 1 2012, 03:54 PM) *
Arum doesn't want to see mayweather make a dime and mayweather doesn't want arum to make a dime either which is why the negotiations are going the way they are going.

I don't mean to toot my own horn.... But I'm gonna toot my own horn

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-pacquiao-v...possible--58058
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.