Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mares vs Moreno-Preview And Poll!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
first off...major props to both mares and moreno for stepping to the plate and getting things going at the weight class. this is a great fight...and i'm not sure who's going to win but i'm leaning towards moreno. mares didn't have to take this fight...he could have taken the donaire route and fought some unknown who isn't really a threat. instead....he's taking on one of the best in the division. this bout is a serious statement by both guys. i'm hoping donaire steps up after the nishioka fight. i'd like to see him fight rigondeaux. i seriously doubt it happens. until then...i'll enjoy this one.
checkleft
This is a great fight. Donaire needs to take notes on picking opponents from these two

I'm gonna try to go to this card
Cshel86
I actually haven't seen much of Moreno, or maybe I have by accident (by way of FNF and ShoBox).

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about him, but haven't seen much of him. Before I open a tab and do some research, did he fight on the Rios/Abril undercard, or was that him fighting on the undercard of Mares's last bout.

Im starting to get Moreno and Gesta confused no2.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 4 2012, 02:43 PM) *
I actually haven't seen much of Moreno, or maybe I have by accident (by way of FNF and ShoBox).

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about him, but haven't seen much of him. Before I open a tab and do some research, did he fight on the Rios/Abril undercard, or was that him fighting on the undercard of Mares's last bout.

Im starting to get Moreno and Gesta confused no2.gif

moreno has fought on 2 under cards for mares. he beat darchinyan...and another opponent i can't recall at the moment.

gesta is more hype than substance imo. aslemo moreno is the real deal.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 4 2012, 04:44 PM) *
moreno has fought on 2 under cards for mares. he beat darchinyan...and another opponent i can't recall at the moment.

Ain't that the truth
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 4 2012, 05:44 PM) *

Okay, I dont see how I got the two confused. From the looks of it, I missed his fight with Darchiyan on the Mares/Agbeko rematch? I saw him fight that one guy when Mares fought Morel back in April. For some reason, Im starting to remember his wicked body work. Am I onto something?
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 4 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Okay, I dont see how I got the two confused. From the looks of it, I missed his fight with Darchiyan on the Mares/Agbeko rematch? I saw him fight that one guy when Mares fought Morel back in April. For some reason, Im starting to remember his wicked body work. Am I onto something?

Yea he beat that body like a drum. And against darchiniyan he put on a clinic, very slick skilled boxer.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 4 2012, 06:21 PM) *
Yea he beat that body like a drum. And against darchiniyan he put on a clinic, very slick skilled boxer.

pretty much sums it up. the kid has skills and isn't scared to mix it up.
The Original MrFactor
I vaguely remember Moreno vs Darchinyan. He outclassed Vic pretty easily. I just remember there was something missing from this guy. Maybe he reminds me of a younger Joseph Agbeko. Mares/Moreno should be interesting if anything...
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 5 2012, 02:07 AM) *
I vaguely remember Moreno vs Darchinyan. He outclassed Vic pretty easily. I just remember there was something missing from this guy. Maybe he reminds me of a younger Joseph Agbeko. Mares/Moreno should be interesting if anything...

this guy is almost whitaker slick and can punch. he goes to the body very well...i think he's a much better fighter than agbeko.
sduck
I forgot who Moreno is :|
daprofessor
QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 5 2012, 05:40 PM) *
I forgot who Moreno is :|

sduck
Ahh figured it was that guy, couldn't remember. Ya he's good.
checkleft
This fight seems to be sneaking up on uss a little under the radar in what should be a great match up of styles. And I've heard Leo Santa Cruz might be on this? Correct me if I'm wrong
daprofessor
sneaking up on us....2 weeks out! i cannot wait!!!

this is why i love boxing!!!! boxer/puncher vs defensive slickster. both at the top of their game!
Cshel86
I'm just waiting for Nov. 1...just to be 110 percent sure that October is over. I've doubled in age over this long fuckin' month. Sometimes I wished the calender years worked like that...as soon as the final weekend of cards have aired, then the upcoming month should come right after.

After the Dulorme/Abregu card happened, I should've waken up to Nov. 1st. No fair! laugh.gif Can't wait for this Mares/Moreno card. Any idea who else is going to be on it...I haven't given it much research, because I didn't want the days to go by slow because of it. Lol
checkleft
Just read up on it a little more looks like Santa Cruz will be on it as well as that god Damn cave man angulo lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 30 2012, 09:57 AM) *
Just read up on it a little more looks like Santa Cruz will be on it as well as that god Damn cave man angulo lol

it's shaping up to be a pretty good card.
flazi
i just hope mares doesn't resort to his low blows. 3 fights in a row plus the video of him demonstrating how low blows can be debilitating doesn't look good. I like him but he is fighting my paisano. vamo moreno!!
Jack 1000
Have not seen much of Moreno,

I am going to go with Mares by SD. He needs to watch the low blows, and the ref needs to watch him for low blows! Mares won't have his favorite ref, (Russell Mora) in there to let him do whatever he wants! I like Abner because he is exciting to watch and determined! I think if he fights dirty, this is an issue where point deductions could be critical in its outcome. From what I heard, Moreno's an in your face kind of guy. Could we see ANOTHER Rios-Alverado type war?!

Jack

PS. I don't think CShel will be doing laundry for this fight!!!! Hahahaha!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 30 2012, 03:27 PM) *
I don't think CShel will be doing laundry for this fight!!!! Hahahaha!!!

Socks will ALWAYS need to be sorted...surely this card wont warrant that. cool.gif
sduck
When is this fight? >________>
daprofessor
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 2 2012, 03:26 PM) *
When is this fight? >________>

nov 10th at staples.
sduck
Thanks. I got Moreno on this, will be a close fight.
Cshel86
I cant wait for this card! I believe that Mares is a bit more "battle-tested" than Moreno, but on the other hand, I haven't seen much of Moreno. I cant say that Mares will win this by TKO, but he WILL have a hard fight...only if Moreno remains poised and brings the fight to him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.