Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has Floyd Mayweather retired?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Kratza
He hasn't really said anything about his career since he has been out of jail and really isn't talking much about anything, has he retired?
I believe he is retired but hasn't announced anything yet, I've thought this ever since he got out of jail.
But anyway what are your thoughts and have you found anything to say that he definitely isn't retired?
mitukczuk
Until I hear anything from Floyd directly, I refuse to speculate about him retiring.
Gambit808
If the money's right, of coarse not.
Archimedes
QUOTE (Kratza @ Oct 7 2012, 11:58 AM) *
He hasn't really said anything about his career since he has been out of jail and really isn't talking much about anything, has he retired?
I believe he is retired but hasn't announced anything yet, I've thought this ever since he got out of jail.
But anyway what are your thoughts and have you found anything to say that he definitely isn't retired?

I don't think he's retired but it's pretty clear Floyd isn't fighting again this year. The problem with a Floyd Mayweather fight is that he needs enough time to promote an event of that magnitude, and more importantly he's got to have the right dance partner i.e. someone that stands a reasonable chance of appeasing the desire of some fans out there for Floyd to get his ass kicked.

He very well may want to fight, but who would he fight and would he get the kind of money he's used to getting. You don't become the highest paid athlete (without endorsements) by putting on poor events. So how many fighters out there can fit the bill of potential Mayweather opponent? I'm sure any of us could rattle off a few names, but would those names make any business sense to Floyd and his team?

There's no way he can retire right now, he likes spending money, and at the rate he's spending it I wonder how much he'll have left when his career is over?
BigFightFan
I doubt he will retire until he gets the Canelo and pacquiao fights. 2 much cash to leave by retiring now
Franchize
In all honesty, if I did a month + in solitary, the only thing I'd be thinking about is getting me some pussy and chilling with my kids... not about going through another long training camp and fighting a man in a ring. I personally thin he wont fight until next year and I actually think it will be against Manny.
Kratza
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 9 2012, 04:38 PM) *
In all honesty, if I did a month + in solitary, the only thing I'd be thinking about is getting me some pussy and chilling with my kids... not about going through another long training camp and fighting a man in a ring. I personally thin he wont fight until next year and I actually think it will be against Manny.

Unless its the only chance Floyd will get to fight Manny, i honestly dont want to see the fight next, i think Mayweather should have a softer touch first and then go for the Pacquiao fight
Cshel86
Same relatively quiet Floyd that we always see between fights. Im sure he's waiting for something to pop off in the next upcoming WW fights before the year ends. That Canelo fight has "payday" written all over it, though Canelo has hardly done anything to deserve it.
Franchize
Something tells me around Marquez v Manny, he'll be back to his old self lol
Amandla
Man, he has not even equalled the lay off between Hatton and Marquez.

I predict a fight by next September, December 2013 latest.

No earlier....

Pacquiao fight...2014 or Xmas 2013/14

Floyd is a one fight a year fighter since he made all those bills in the Hatton fight...by choice.

friends.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Amandla @ Oct 14 2012, 11:16 PM) *
Man, he has not even equalled the lay off between Hatton and Marquez.

I predict a fight by next September, December 2013 latest.

No earlier....

Pacquiao fight...2014 or Xmas 2013/14

Floyd is a one fight a year fighter since he made all those bills in the Hatton fight...by choice.

friends.gif

I almost agree with your timeline, but we know that Floyd is going to go for that Cinco de Mayo date. If he doesn't, then you're absolutely right about the Sept. date! Good stuff.
Amandla
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 14 2012, 10:22 PM) *
I almost agree with your timeline, but we know that Floyd is going to go for that Cinco de Mayo date. If he doesn't, then you're absolutely right about the Sept. date! Good stuff.

Cinco de Mayo...Canelo? so early?

or Sergio?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Amandla @ Oct 15 2012, 12:08 AM) *
Cinco de Mayo...Canelo? so early?

or Sergio?

From reports...Canelo is sitting out until next year, and he obviously wants want Mayweather...according to the reports. As often as Canelo fights, I wouldn't be surprised if he took a fight before May. Sergio is having knee surgery next month, so I'm not going to be too quick to count him in.
Amandla
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 14 2012, 11:25 PM) *
From reports...Canelo is sitting out until next year, and he obviously wants want Mayweather...according to the reports. As often as Canelo fights, I wouldn't be surprised if he took a fight before May. Sergio is having knee surgery next month, so I'm not going to be too quick to count him in.

Margarito?

black eye.gif

would that be too much of a joke?

that leaves really Marquez...which is ok i guess
checkleft
QUOTE (Amandla @ Oct 15 2012, 12:45 AM) *
Margarito?

black eye.gif

For who are we talking about here? I wouldn't put it past gbp to have Canelo fight margarito
Cshel86
QUOTE (Amandla @ Oct 15 2012, 12:45 AM) *
Margarito?

black eye.gif

Margarito? For Canelo? If he got dug up, it would probably be for Chavez Jr.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.