Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: boxing back in brooklyn
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
paulie malignaggi, danny garcia vs erik morales, devon alexander vs randall bailey...also on the card....danny jacobs, luis collazo, dimitry salida....that's pretty stacked!!!!

thank god it's on showtime...we'll get to see all the fights and we won't have to listen to the ass clowns from hbo.
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2012, 03:55 PM) *
paulie malignaggi, danny garcia vs erik morales, devon alexander vs randall bailey...also on the card....danny jacobs, luis collazo, dimitry salida....that's pretty stacked!!!!

thank god it's on showtime...we'll get to see all the fights and we won't have to listen to the ass clowns from hbo.

I went to the arena to see Jay-Z and I must say, they're promoting this harder than I expected. It's in the train stations. It's all over Brooklyn. I thought this was going to come and go but I think it will be a bigger deal than I expected. I still think Zab should have been on the card. Believe it or not, he's still extremely well connected and popular in Brooklyn. Overall though, I'm impressed. When I first heard the proposed fights, I didn't think they would all be on the same card. You're right professor, this is a nicely stacked card and yes...it's a sigh of relief that it's on Showtime.
checkleft
This is an awesome card, I've been looking forward to this since they added Alexander and Jacobs. This is star studded card, its great that jay z likes boxing and got this event going to promote his new venue in this growing market.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 11 2012, 03:25 PM) *
I went to the arena to see Jay-Z and I must say, they're promoting this harder than I expected. It's in the train stations. It's all over Brooklyn. I thought this was going to come and go but I think it will be a bigger deal than I expected. I still think Zab should have been on the card. Believe it or not, he's still extremely well connected and popular in Brooklyn. Overall though, I'm impressed. When I first heard the proposed fights, I didn't think they would all be on the same card. You're right professor, this is a nicely stacked card and yes...it's a sigh of relief that it's on Showtime.

it's a golden boy promoted show....who does gbp have that would have matched up with zab at 140 that is available? i doubt zab wants to see matthysse again. i don't think mainevents would have a problem matching khan with anyone outside of matthysse.

u know...i've been to brooklyn a few times and i've always thought of it as a place that breeds fighters. i was disappointed when i went to gleasons. i am told the old gleasons was better. what other gyms are there in brooklyn?
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 03:28 PM) *
This is an awesome card, I've been looking forward to this since they added Alexander and Jacobs. This is star studded card, its great that jay z likes boxing and got this event going to promote his new venue in this growing market.

jay z owns this place? i didn't know that. jacobs story is amazing and i'm happy that he's back in the ring! that dude flew under the radar but has been to hell and back. i'll be rooting for him.

sidenote...the golden gloves will be at the barclay in march i believe.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 04:28 PM) *

Hey man. Jay Z most definitely does not own the place. Jay Z's a minority owner in the Brookly Nets venture and as a result was probably allowed to have a relatively small holdings in the Barclays centre (and I don't mean minority 'cause he's African-American).
The real players in the Barclays Centre-Brooklyn Nets venture are a NY property developer (Bruce Ratner) and a Russian billionaire. I haven't checked if Ratner's company is public, but if so, you could probably find out the exact ownership percentages (same for the Nets, who are owned by the Russian guy). Given how much Russians like boxing, I'm willing to guess that he had a bigger part to play in having the card there than Jay Z.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 11 2012, 04:25 PM) *

I was surprised to see they changed the Atlantic Ave. (the Q,B etc.) stop's name to Barclay's Centre.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 11 2012, 05:25 PM) *
Hey man. Jay Z most definitely does not own the place. Jay Z's a minority owner in the Brookly Nets venture and as a result was probably allowed to have a relatively small holdings in the Barclays centre (and I don't mean minority 'cause he's African-American).
The real players in the Barclays Centre-Brooklyn Nets venture are a NY property developer (Bruce Ratner) and a Russian billionaire. I haven't checked if Ratner's company is public, but if so, you could probably find out the exact ownership percentages (same for the Nets, who are owned by the Russian guy). Given how much Russians like boxing, I'm willing to guess that he had a bigger part to play in having the card there than Jay Z.

Jay is a minority owner I believe. But I figured he pushed for it cause he's always at fights and stuff
Cshel86
Glad to be getting some PPV action for free! I'm taking it up the sh*tter from DirecTV with this premium channels package, it isn't cheap. Glad to be getting my money's worth!

This is the 3rd quadruple header this year, and it may very well be another one for the Cotto/Trout fight! GBP is stepping it up, without blowing out their fighters.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 09:28 PM) *
Jay is a minority owner I believe. But I figured he pushed for it cause he's always at fights and stuff

Understandable.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 11 2012, 09:39 PM) *
Glad to be getting some PPV action for free! I'm taking it up the sh*tter from DirecTV with this premium channels package, it isn't cheap. Glad to be getting my money's worth!

This is the 3rd quadruple header this year, and it may very well be another one for the Cotto/Trout fight! GBP is stepping it up, without blowing out their fighters.

none of these fights are ppv worthy! don't say that on the board man!!! u are going to start giving the promoters the wrong impression!!! laugh.gif i wouldn't pay for that card.
Gambit808
Great card to bring boxing back to my borough, I see these posters damn near all over. Wish I had the bread for both this event and the nba season opening Nets vs. Knicks. It was a tough choice, but I chose the NBA opening tickets over the boxing.

Lol, Can't pull my fan card for this, both nights will be Legend!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 12 2012, 02:56 PM) *
Great card to bring boxing back to my borough, I see these posters damn near all over. Wish I had the bread for both this event and the nba season opening Nets vs. Knicks. It was a tough choice, but I chose the NBA opening tickets over the boxing.

i would have done the boxing...but if i was from brooklyn...i'd probably be more inclined to do the basketball thing. brooklyn nets....has a nice ring to it. now if only u guys had the dodgers back...and take the traffic with it. laugh.gif
checkleft

Hell no you can't get your card pulled for that! I love my boxing but basketball is my first love lol Damn those tickets are boss status man, hella jealous right now.
Cheesey1

The Nets might no longer be in Dirty Jerz, but they'll still suck... Knicks all the way! (The irony is that I moved from BK to the Dirty Jerz...unwillingly, reluctantly and shamefully).
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 12 2012, 02:08 PM) *
none of these fights are ppv worthy! don't say that on the board man!!! u are going to start giving the promoters the wrong impression!!! laugh.gif i wouldn't pay for that card.

Lol, if it lands me a job, then I'm all for it! Eric Gomez, watch out man...I'm coming for your job!

You chose basketball over boxing?! Fan card pulled sir...until further notice. nono.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 12 2012, 04:00 PM) *
i would have done the boxing...but if i was from brooklyn...i'd probably be more inclined to do the basketball thing. brooklyn nets....has a nice ring to it. now if only u guys had the dodgers back...and take the traffic with it. laugh.gif

Lmao, low blow on the dodger quote, but now that we have the nets, FUCK THE DODGERS!!! lol

My block is walking distance off Clinton so anytime I see traffic on Atlantic for the events, I just shake my head and appreciate the courtesy.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 06:01 PM) *
The Nets might no longer be in Dirty Jerz, but they'll still suck... Knicks all the way! (The irony is that I moved from BK to the Dirty Jerz...unwillingly, reluctantly and shamefully).

And the irony for me, you and them is I was born and raised 12 years in east orange, nj, moved to Brooklyn and grew up 12 years here smile.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 06:01 PM) *

Jerz! Haha everytime I think of jersey I hear that Joe budden shout out in my head. I might be from cali but that's a hell of an mcee
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 06:22 PM) *
You chose basketball over boxing?! Fan card pulled sir...until further notice. nono.gif

Lol, dammit
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 05:22 PM) *
Lol, if it lands me a job, then I'm all for it! Eric Gomez, watch out man...I'm coming for your job!

i didn't want to be the one to say it. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 12 2012, 07:00 PM) *
And the irony for me, you and them is I was born and raised 12 years in east orange, nj, moved to Brooklyn and grew up 12 years here smile.gif

Be grateful that you got out before Christie became governor.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 12 2012, 08:20 PM) *
i didn't want to be the one to say it. laugh.gif

I figured that you would've said it first, but you turned into a nice guy on me. You're usually balanced, so I shouldn't have expected anything different, lol.

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 12 2012, 07:05 PM) *
Lol, dammit

Lol, you're good man. Basketball is pretty big up there. I figured you would've picked boxing though, since this would be the first fight at that venue. Is this the first time, or is it the first time in a long time. Maybe Im just thinking of boxing in Brooklyn as a whole, rather than the venue. Help me out here.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 09:33 PM) *
Lol, you're good man. Basketball is pretty big up there. I figured you would've picked boxing though, since this would be the first fight at that venue. Is this the first time, or is it the first time in a long time. Maybe Im just thinking of boxing in Brooklyn as a whole, rather than the venue. Help me out here.

long time it's been since they had one like this, I'm thinking since the golden era of boxing (but don't quote me there). I know as long as I lived here though, there hasent been an event like this.

It was tough decision though to make, I love both sports. Nothing against Paulie, but if they had him and Zab on the card together, no way I'd miss it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:45 PM) *
long time it's been since they had one like this, I'm thinking since the golden era of boxing (but don't quote me there). I know as long as I lived here though, there hasent been an event like this.

It was tough decision though to make, I love both sports. Nothing against Paulie, but if they had him and Zab on the card together, no way I'd miss it.

True. Judah vs. Paris didn't have the same depth of boxing on the undercard and it was also all the way out in the Aviator arena. That was the boonies of BK.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:45 PM) *

How's this for really fucked up. I can't make it to the boxing tomorrow. Luckily I hadn't bought my ticket yet. I'll still watch the bouts on T.V, but my failure to make it there is the biggest display of 'Losing' ever. It only takes me 15 min to get to midtown. Loser for real!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 19 2012, 01:41 PM) *
How's this for really fucked up. I can't make it to the boxing tomorrow. Luckily I hadn't bought my ticket yet. I'll still watch the bouts on T.V, but my failure to make it there is the biggest display of 'Losing' ever. It only takes me 15 min to get to midtown. Loser for real!

I'll gladly side with the results of your self-observation...you let us fans down sir. cool.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 19 2012, 05:03 PM) *
I'll gladly side with the results of your self-observation...you let us fans down sir. cool.gif

Thankfully I don't believe in suicide.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.