Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wealth TV: George vs. Stevenson@9PM(ET)6PM(PT) SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Nice little title elimination fight on Wealth TV tonight. All comments here.

Jack

Administrator
Sunni6Killer
Adonis by homicide.
Lemieux's fight is intriguing, see what he looks like now.
Cheesey1
Damn!! That left was brutally vicious. Not just brutal, but brutally vicious. Missed the first knockdown. I hope he's okay. His head hit the canvas.

Hey man, did you sign up for the free trial, per the instructions in 'Weekend in Boxing'?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 09:19 PM) *
Hey man, did you sign up for the free trial, per the instructions in 'Weekend in Boxing'?

Im now checking out WealthTv! I may keep this package for a while! Good looking out sir!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:00 PM) *
Im now checking out WealthTv! I may keep this package for a while! Good looking out sir!

You're welcome. Yeah man, it's a sweet deal.
Cshel86
Pretty good round for Stevenson, I knew that I saw him on FNF before. He landed some good shots.

George needs to relax a bit, and be confident in what he throws.
Cshel86
Good 2nd round for Stevenson, his left hand is crazy right now.

George needs to stay away from that left. I know its coming quick, but some of them can be avoided. He's standing his ground, and his right hand aint so bad either...he just needs to throw it more and believe in it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:05 PM) *
Pretty good round for Stevenson, I knew that I saw him on FNF before. He landed some good shots.

George needs to relax a bit, and be confident in what he throws.

Yup and George was on Showtime vs. Edwin 'La Bomba' Rodriguez. I don't expect this to be a cakewalk for Stevenson. Stevenson should win, but George has a real chance, especially if Stevenson gets tired.

Speaking of SHO, that's just started.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:10 PM) *
Yup and George was on Showtime vs. Edwin 'La Bomba' Rodriguez. I don't expect this to be a cakewalk for Stevenson. Stevenson should win, but George has a real chance, especially if Stevenson gets tired.

Speaking of SHO, that's just started.

That was a great 3rd round, good for George for believing in his right hand. I still had Stevenson slightly edging the round. Im trying to watch the ShoBox card too.
Cshel86
MAN! That was a NASTY 5th round! George got dropped twice with 2 body shots, and got back up and started working Stevenson's ass! I tell ya, Georgo does NOT want to leave like a loser! Im officially a Donovan George fan!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:15 PM) *
That was a great 3rd round, good for George for believing in his right hand. I still had Stevenson slightly edging the round. Im trying to watch the ShoBox card too.

Ouch. That left to the body hurt! George battled through it. Good for him. Stevenson is definitely ahead on the cards even without the knock downs.
Cheesey1
Stevenson looks very well trained with that jab and repeated body work.
Cshel86
George took waaaay too many right hands to the body in the 6th and took a knee, but he stood up and kept going. It may get stopped in the 7th because George looks like he doesn't have much left, unless he's holding back and waiting to land something vicious to steal the show.
Cshel86
Good stuff Cheesey!

Glad George took that round to recover.

PS: Why does Adonis Stevenson look like the dark-skinned guy from the R&B group, H-Town? laugh.gif

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:26 PM) *
George took waaaay too many right hands to the body in the 6th and took a knee, but he stood up and kept going. It may get stopped in the 7th because George looks like he doesn't have much left, unless he's holding back and waiting to land something vicious to steal the show.

Yup. He's still got a puncher's chance, but that's the only chance because Stevenson's fighting an intelligent fight, except for keeping that right hand low. Could be an opportunity for George.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:31 PM) *
Good stuff Cheesey!

Glad George took that round to recover.

PS: Why does Adonis Stevenson look like the dark-skinned guy from the R&B group, H-Town? laugh.gif

Ha! Except weren't all the guys from H-Town half his height?

WealthTV really came through with this subscription plan.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:33 PM) *
Ha! Except weren't all the guys from H-Town half his height?

WealthTV really came through with this subscription plan.

laugh.gif

Yes they did come through!

Good round, but George needs to move to Stevenson's right, to avoid the right hook to the body and that counter left hand. Stevenson is shitting his way to a victory, and George isn't moving enough.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:39 PM) *
laugh.gif

Yes they did come through!

Good round, but George needs to move to Stevenson's right, to avoid the right hook to the body and that counter left hand. Stevenson is shitting his way to a victory, and George isn't moving enough.

Yup. Although I do give him credit for still being on his feet in round 11 after the solid body work by Stevenson.
Cshel86
Dont know how I feel about that stoppage. Hell, it could've been stopped rounds ago for something much worse. Stevenson definitely has some work to do, as well as George.
Cshel86
Stevenson's got the mic...maybe he's gonna sing an H-Town track! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Dont know how I feel about that stoppage. Hell, it could've been stopped rounds ago for something much worse. Stevenson definitely has some work to do, as well as George.

Definitely food for thought. I felt the ref. did an adequate job, but in hindsight maybe he should've stopped it earlier. If anyone's at fault George's corner is probably the culprit. If Stevenson stops dropping his hands, I might now become a believer. As you said, George was too scared of Stevenson's power in the earlier rounds to let his hands go.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:23 PM) *
MAN! That was a NASTY 5th round! George got dropped twice with 2 body shots, and got back up and started working Stevenson's ass! I tell ya, Georgo does NOT want to leave like a loser! Im officially a Donovan George fan!

The pain was written on his face. Just to be on the safe side I checked my side too.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:55 PM) *
Definitely food for thought. I felt the ref. did an adequate job, but in hindsight maybe he should've stopped it earlier. If anyone's at fault George's corner is probably the culprit. If Stevenson stops dropping his hands, I might now become a believer. As you said, George was too scared of Stevenson's power in the earlier rounds to let his hands go.

Agreed. I heard George say that he couldn't find Stevenson, so that may have been the case as well.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:58 PM) *
The pain was written on his face. Just to be on the safe side I checked my side too.

laugh.gif

I felt a bit winded myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.