Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHypeUK:Weekend in Boxing;AMtoPM-DeGale calls Eubank Jr. crazy; Which Promoter Should You Choose?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
FightHypeUK's articles:
uk.fighthype.com

WEEKEND IN BOXING12th, 13th & 14th OCT.: PRICE/HARRISON; DEGALE/MOHOUMADI; DONAIRE/NISHIOKA; RIOS/ALVARADO; HAMILTON/DARREN WILLIAMS; MCPHILBIN/DICKINSON; DAWS/PIISPANEN; STEVENSON/GEORGE; GALAHAD/VARGA; EUBANK JR./POJONISEVS; PEDRAZA/FARMER; CEPEDA/RUSS; HAMER/ALEXANDER; TAYLOR/MUNOZ; SATCHELL/EDWARDS; FONTANEZ/NATER; SANTOS/MOLINA; LEMIEUX/GAONA; MULOVHEDSI/SMITH; DANNIE WILLIAMS/MAMAJONOU; ANWAR/MILES; HATTON/COLDWELL
The Weekend in Boxing

WHICH PROMOTER SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Picking the Right Promoter.

AM TO PM: FROCH AND MACK PRESSER QUOTES; PRICE V SKELTON; SAUNDERS TO FIGHT FOR BRITISH TITLE; DEGALE BLASTS EUBANK JR.
AM to PM - Daily News

AMIR KHAN, RICHARD SCHAEFER, STEPHEN ESPINOZA & ASIF VALI LONDON KICKOFF PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
Khan comments on Molina and what Hunter will teach him, Schaefer speaks as well.

AM TO PM: KHAN WANTS GARCIA REMATCH; BRONER AND DEMARCO BOTH CONFIDENT OF VICTORY; GUERRERO’S OPTIONS; COTTO WOULD FIGHT MARTINEZ
AM to PM - Daily News

(VIDEO) DAVID PRICE WORK OUT
David Price training for tomorrow's big fight.
Cheesey1
That ShoBox opener was a shocker!

I don't get that Q Dog nonsense. Why on earth would any sane black man brand themselves. Dumbest shit in the world.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:22 PM) *
That ShoBox opener was a shocker!

I don't get that Q Dog nonsense. Why on earth would any sane black man brand themselves. Dumbest shit in the world.

I know right? I saw it too. I've been hearing on Twitter, that Cepeda is supposed to be the next big thing in PR boxing. Apparently not. Hopefully they were talking about Pedraza. Im not into the whole frat thing either, nothing against it, just not my thing. The branding? Im not a pain freak, so he's a better man than me in that sense.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:35 PM) *
I know right? I saw it too. I've been hearing on Twitter, that Cepeda is supposed to be the next big thing in PR boxing. Apparently not. Hopefully they were talking about Pedraza. Im not into the whole frat thing either, nothing against it, just not my thing. The branding? Im not a pain freak, so he's a better man than me in that sense.

Cepeda, another NJ boxer living down to the standards of his state. To be fair though, they should give him a rematch.

I was friends with some Q Dogs when I was in university, they were always cool to me, but I just can't understand why any African-American who understands what was done back in the day would willingly do that to themselves. If I see anyone with a branding iron come anywhere near me, they'd better expect multiple brands all over their face and a few missing teeth for good measure.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Cepeda, another NJ boxer living down to the standards of his state. To be fair though, they should give him a rematch.

I was friends with some Q Dogs when I was in university, they were always cool to me, but I just can't understand why any African-American who understands what was done back in the day would willingly do that to themselves. If I see anyone with a branding iron come anywhere near me, they'd better expect multiple brands all over their face and a few missing teeth for good measure. If no one's looking they probably won't live to tell the story.

Damn Cheesey! Never heard this from you before!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 11:12 PM) *
Damn Cheesey! Never heard this from you before!

Haha! Yeah, I should probably edit my comment, but whatever. That was my Dexter moment. Kunta Kinte over Toby any day of the week.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 12 2012, 11:24 PM) *
Haha! Yeah, I should probably edit my comment, but whatever. That was my Dexter moment. Kunta Kinte over Toby any day of the week.

LMAO at "Dexter moment".
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 12 2012, 11:28 PM) *
LMAO at "Dexter moment".

Tomorrow's a big day. Plenty, plenty boxing. I'm out! Peace.
Cheesey1
Young, British flyweight prospect Kevin Satchell triumphs in resounding fashion. Passes his veteran test and gives indications of a bright future.
Cheesey1
Blood clot heavyweight time!!! David Price vs. Audley Harrison.

At least Audley Harrison came out showing some activity and didn't try to tie up Price, unlike the Ukrainian octopi. He just got caught by some wicked bombs.
Cheesey1
Cor f'ing blimey!!! Klitschkos put up or shut up!

I hope that Audley's alright. Nice one Price for showing legitimate concern.
Cheesey1
Next up, James 'Chunky' DeGale. What happened to 'not all there mentally like his father' Chris Eubank Jr. and the Kid Galahad bouts? Hopefully they're on afterwards.
Cshel86
In for the DeGale fight! WealthTv in this bitch!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:17 PM) *
In for the DeGale fight! WealthTv in this bitch!!!

Nice one! WealthTV might be on to something with their commitment to boxing.

I'm comparing it to the stream and they're a few seconds behind. Not the end of the world, but they should fix that.
Cheesey1
Mohoumadi isn't intimidated at all, advancing behind the high guard and bringing the pressure. DeGale's more accurate though and has used his jab well.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:18 PM) *
Nice one! WealthTV might be on to something with their commitment to boxing.

I'm comparing it to the stream and they're a few seconds behind. Not the end of the world, but they should fix that.

Good first round for DeGale....landed some clean shots. Im not a fan of how he's telegraphing that uppercut, he could get countered if he isn't careful. His opponent (cant remember his name) is using pressure and taking the punches fairly decent...hope he doesn't plan on taking them all night.
Cshel86
This shit is giving me glimpses of Cotto/Margarito 1...Mohu (for short) just wont take no for an answer...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:29 PM) *
Good first round for DeGale....landed some clean shots. Im not a fan of how he's telegraphing that uppercut, he could get countered if he isn't careful. His opponent (cant remember his name) is using pressure and taking the punches fairly decent...hope he doesn't plan on taking them all night.

Mohoumadi's clearly slower, but is still in it. I like the way DeGale moves after landing. 2 rounds to Chunky so far.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:33 PM) *
This shit is giving me glimpses of Cotto/Margarito 1...Mohu (for short) just wont take no for an answer...

Yup., but as you mentioned earlier, if Mohumadi keeps getting caught it'll start showing in the latter rounds. He's probably winning the third.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Yup., but as you mentioned earlier, if Mohumadi keeps getting caught it'll start showing in the latter rounds. He's probably winning the third.

Agreed. DeGale stills looks comfortable, even though he's taken some leather in the 3rd.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:35 PM) *
Agreed. DeGale stills looks comfortable, even though he's taken some leather in the 3rd.

I'd like to see some body work from him. Maybe a round or two focusing on the body.

Rd. 5, Chunky's landed that left a few times around Mohoumadi's high guard. Nice uppercut!
Cshel86
Good 4th round...gave it to Mohu based on activity. I know one thing, DeGale's counter left hook will have Mohu seeing the little birdies if he keeps getting caught.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:39 PM) *
Good 4th round...gave it to Mohu based on activity. I know one thing, DeGale's counter left hook will have Mohu seeing the little birdies if he keeps getting caught.

I can see that, but I'm a sucker for accuracy, so I only gave Mohoumadi the third.

Nice sequence for the Frenchman in the 6th round. DeGale responds.

Very nice scrap.
Cshel86
Nice fight...dont know how to score this one at this point. Degale is landing some clean shots, but Mohu is getting in some work against those ropes.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:48 PM) *
Nice fight...dont know how to score this one at this point. Degale is landing some clean shots, but Mohu is getting in some work against those ropes.
I've got it four to two for Degale.

Nice left just at the bell for Chunky. I scored that round a draw.
Cshel86
Ha! Gotta love Tyson Fury's little rant! Classic
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:52 PM) *
Ha! Gotta love Tyson Fury's little rant! Classic

I turned on the volume just at the end when he said "...you and your gay lover Tony Bellew" before the mic was taken away. Tyson Fury vs. David Price, that will be massive!! I'm a fan of both, but I'd give the edge to Price.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:54 PM) *
I turned on the volume just at the end when he said "...you and your gay lover Tony Bellew" before the mic was taken away. Tyson Fury vs. David Price, that will be massive!! I'm a fan of both, but I'd give the edge to Price.

Too funny! You had to catch the whole rant. They cut him off about 3 times before the Bellew comment.
Cheesey1
A little body work would have benefited DeGale a lot, but he's still ahead (IMO). Mohoumadi's a tough guy.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:55 PM) *
Too funny! You had to catch the whole rant. They cut him off about 3 times before the Bellew comment.

Ha! Good stuff from Fury. Proper shit talking.
Cheesey1
Mohoumadi took that round. I've got it 5 Chunky, 3 Mohoumadi and one tied round.

DeGale taking the 10th so far.

6 Degale, 3 Mohoumadi and one drawn round. DeGale really needs to add some bodywork to the mix. If his trainers don't get with the program, I'm sure other trainers would be more than happy to take their spot.
Cshel86
Good finish!

Either Mohu has an iron chin, or DeGale doesn't have as much power as advertised. That dude refused to slow down or go down. He'll be eating through a straw soon, if he doesn't take it easy.
Cheesey1
Nicely done by both guys. DeGale definitely took it though. I had two rounds tied, five to Chunky and three to Mohoumadi.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:12 PM) *
Good finish!

Either Mohu has an iron chin, or DeGale doesn't have as much power as advertised. That dude refused to slow down or go down. He'll be eating through a straw soon, if he doesn't take it easy.

Ha! I think that Mohoumadhi's got a strong chin. As mentioned in 'Weekend in Boxing,' Mohoumadi's never been stopped.
Cshel86
What's up with that 119 - 109 card? WTF? I agree with 117 - 110 and 116 - and 114 (I believe), but 119 - 109?! Stop it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:14 PM) *
What's up with that 119 - 109 card? WTF? I agree with 117 - 110 and 116 - and 114 (I believe), but 119 - 109?! Stop it.

I thought that was a bit generous too, but I can understand them being close 10-9 rounds, as opposed to clear 10-9 rounds.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:16 PM) *
I thought that was a bit generous too, but I can understand them being close 10-9 rounds, as opposed to clear 10-9 rounds.

Somebody out there, was just a DeGale fan. That card was uncalled for.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:20 PM) *
Somebody out there, was just a DeGale fan. That card was uncalled for.

Probably. That's why I have no problem with scoring a round a draw. If it was that close of a 10-9 round, then it was a draw.

Crazy Chris Eubank Jr's on now. His opponent's nowhere as good as Chunky's foe, which is fine since Eubank Jr.'s still starting off.

Eubank Jr.'s much bigger too. He might stop this guy.
Cshel86
Missed the 1st round...smh...
Cheesey1
Nice bodywork from Crazy Chris Jr. Even though I couldn't stand his father and still think that he isn't all there, it looks like his son's learning the fundamentals. That jab has looked well solid too.
He's also used the uppercut nicely, which is always there against shorter boxers.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:35 PM) *
Nice bodywork from Crazy Chris. Even though I couldn't stand his father and still think that he isn't all there, it looks like his son's learning the fundamentals. That jab has looked well solid too.

Same here, lol. Whoever that chick was, sitting by his father...man was she hot!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:37 PM) *
Same here, lol. Whoever that chick was, sitting by his father...man was she hot!!!

I missed that. Hopefully they show her again.

WealthTV, what the hell just happened?!?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:42 PM) *
I missed that. Hopefully they show her again.

WealthTV, what the hell just happened?!?

I know right, WTF?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 06:44 PM) *
I know right, WTF?

Okay, they got their shit together now.
Cheesey1
Eubank Jr.’s won every round. The shorter guy just doesn’t have the tools to compete.
Cheesey1
Es time for Solo Boxeo Tecate! I never said I could speak espanol, but it's fun to throw in the few words that I do know.

Braulio Santos vs. John Molina. Veteran test time.

Not much of a test at all. Braulio scores the 2nd round TKO, off a flush left cross.
Cheesey1
Brand new novel - 'Last Night on Mars'

Now Available on Amazon.com (.co.uk etc.) for all eReaders on eBookPie.com. Also on Kobo.com
Available on Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk

Available on ebookpie.com

Available on Kobo.com

Last Night on Mars - Book synopsis, chapter excerpts (updated), release dates (updated), pricing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.