Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT):Rios/Alverado-Donaire/Nishioka-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all the on-going and post-fight reaction to tonight's exciting HBO double-header! Keep everything in this thread!

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86

Photos courtesy of BoxingScene
Cshel86
Donaire/Nishioka:
This will be another fight where Donaire just gets by, especially if he cant get that KO that he's looking for. Either that, or has a hard time staying away from Nishioka's jab, and fades because his opponent remains poised...you know how Donaire does it.

It's weird, because as of late, it seems like Donaire hasn't been all that motivated, but hell, it seems like either he or Arum are avoiding top fighters, so Im not sure where he stands.

I saw the Nishioka/R. Marquez fight, and I must say, Nishioka is a slick little dude. He knows how to punch and cover up quickly, almost puts me in the mind of Manny. That straight left of his may serve problem for Donaire tonight, if he has trouble countering it with a hook. Im not sure who will be the bigger man and so forth, but Nonito may be in for a soup surprise.

Hopefully Nishioka doesn't go in there and try to feel Doanire's power. Extreme confidence, composure, a stiff jab, and sticking to the game plan will serve Nishioka well tonight. I see this being one of those "oh shit" moments that we all had in the first Lopez/Salido fight...Bob may have the same shock tonight. Call me crazy, but I have Nishioka taking this one...

PS: One thing Im not ready to see or hear, is Donaire doing that stupid jumping jab shit that he does, when he jumps in circles around his opponents and lead this stupid soft punch that he does. Lampley loses his shit when Donaire, Pacquiao, and Martinez does, then praises it as "excellent footwork". Smh

Alvarado/Rios:
This will be a phone booth fight, and I see Alvarado putting Rios in his place. This is the first big guy with exceptional power, that Rios has fought in a while. Cant remember if Acosta had the height advantage or not. Now that I think about it, Rios and Alvarado may actually be the same size.

Anyhow, both guys have the tendency to start a bit slow and get their asses kicked, until they get comfortable in fights...Mike's face shows more wear & tear than Rios's does, before the adjustment. Not sure how Mike's lip is going to look after this one is said and done.

I just Mike beating Rios to the punch and surprising him at times, but Rios will probably be better with body shots in close quarters. Seems like Alvarado waits for his guy to slow down in the close quarters, before he starts landing that uppercut. Any other time, his opponent is usually first. If Rios makes the most of it, we could see something crazy.

I still give it Alvarado by TKO because he's more of a bully than Rios, but throws less punches on the inside than Rios does. Well, let me rephrase that, he takes a punch before the throws one.

All I can see is blood and long layoffs after this one...if it goes the way we want it to go. Im wondering how Alvarado's lip will hold up, because it's been split open in his two previous bouts.
mgrover
wow Rios doesn't look like skelator for once
Cshel86
Let's get down with the get-down!!! (country shit)

PS: If I see Bob Papa...Im gonna throw up. Dude sucks big time.
Cshel86
Damn...3 California judges?! California judges, aka Texas judges, aka Mexico judges...be careful Alvarado...go for the KO. I already smell a robbery if this goes the distance. We saw Rios get the stank beat off of him in April, and still won a split decision. I smell fuckery...
Cshel86
Mike looks a bit uncomfortable...or maybe he's too relaxed. I didn't expect to see blood til the 4th or 5th, but damn. Dont know who to give the first to...maybe Rios edged it.
Cshel86
Man these rounds are hard to score. Im just hoping for a KO, so I wont have to be responsible for scoring it.

Rios looks more comfortable of the two.

Maybe its 1 -1, but it could be 2 -0 for Rios
Cshel86
Man Rios cant keep getting hit with these lefts from Rios, he doesn't seem to be taking the shots all that well. His trainer sounds like John Scully during the Ward fight.

Alvarado's lip is already opening up...

Rios looks strong....
BigFightFan
These guys both have good chins, it will come down to conditioning in this one. I believe all the close rounds will go to Rios.
Cheesey1
Alvarado's D is disappointing. He's letting Rios off too easily. IMO, if he tightens that up, moves some more and continues to box, he'll win this one. The question is whether it's too late for that.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 13 2012, 10:30 PM) *
Alvarado's D is disappointing. He's letting Rios off too easily. IMO, if he tightens that up, moves some more and continues to box, he'll win this one. The question is whether it's too late for that.

His D is disappointing, but he's too tense in my opinion. That lip is gonna get nasty in the next couple of rounds. no2.gif
Cshel86
Mike took the 5th...hands down! Hope Mike's face holds up...gladly he's able to fight under these conditions. The Rios corner aint so cocky right about now.
Cshel86
Damn Mike got hurt by a Rios right hand in the 6th. Mike just throws and stands there, c'mon dude. Move around more...

Rios is getting a taste of an asswhoopin'
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 10:32 PM) *
His D is disappointing, but he's too tense in my opinion. That lip is gonna get nasty in the next couple of rounds. no2.gif

True, if you're not operating behind a high guard then you'd better be fluid. That left hand is always kept low and he hasn't shown me a shoulder roll or anything like that. I've still got Alvarado ahead.
Cheesey1
Mike Alvarado played himself big time. Congrats to Rios.
Cshel86
WHAT THA FUUUUUUCK???? Had no idea Rios was gonna pull that off so quickly....thanks Pat Russell...its been exactly one year since you're did some BS in California. Mike could've taken a knee though....dumbass.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 10:43 PM) *
WHAT THA FUUUUUUCK???? Had no idea Rios was gonna pull that off so quickly....thanks Pat Russell...its been exactly one year since you're did some BS in California. Mike could've taken a knee though....dumbass.

Yup, or tied him up. Alvarado has no one to blame but himself.
sduck
damn good fight
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 13 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Mike Alvarado played himself big time. Congrats to Rios.

Yes he did...got hit waaaay too much. Dammit! Now that think about it, Mike was getting his ass kicked against Prescott, but Prescott gassed out.
Plah
Very entertaining fight overall. Nice stoppage.
mgrover
am here finally almost slept through the whole thing. my days am tired lol
BigFightFan
Rios is just a pressure fighter with a good chin, nothing special.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 13 2012, 10:49 PM) *

Yup.
Genius
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 13 2012, 09:49 PM) *

With a good inside game.....
Cshel86
I think I just hate Pat Russell, but who can blame me? You guys know how much of an ass I can be about fighters not taking a fuckin' knee when they're hurt, so Alvarado played himself in that sense.
sduck

Yeah hes garbage, hes just tough
Gambit808

Agreed, he still hasen't proved to me that he can beat the elite's... But I guess I'll find out if/when he does face one.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 10:52 PM) *
I think I just hate Pat Russell, but who can blame me? You guys know how much of an ass I can be about fighters not taking a fuckin' knee when they're hurt, so Alvarado played himself in that sense.

Plus shit overall movement, keeping that left hand down with shit head movement, standing there after punching etc. Oh well, life goes on.

He had moments where he showed decent movement, but that left hand was always down etc.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 13 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Plus shit overall movement, keeping that left hand down with shit head movement, standing there after punching etc. Oh well, life goes on.

He had moments where he showed decent movement, but that left hand was always down etc.

Seemed like he was thinking too much. I was looking for those signature uppercuts, but very few were utilized. Alvarado got trolled into an inside fight at the wrong time, and got beat by the most garbage dude in the division. Looks like Manny's got his next opponent, if he gets past JMM.
Cshel86
Nishioka is a slick little bastard...he better show it tonight.

I wish this crowd would shut tha fuck up! Damn
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Genius @ Oct 13 2012, 10:50 PM) *
With a good inside game.....

True
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 13 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Agreed, he still hasen't proved to me that he can beat the elite's... But I guess I'll find out if/when he does face one.

TR won't put him in the ring with any non TR, good 140 lb'er (not even elite). They might sacrifice him to a TR guy, but definitely not outside of the family. Abril beat Rios and Abril isn't considered top. Kellerman cracked me up when he said that Rios didn't get up for the Abril bout. Yeah...okay.

Onto Donaire/Nishioka.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 13 2012, 11:01 PM) *
Seemed like he was thinking too much. I was looking for those signature uppercuts, but very few were utilized. Alvarado got trolled into an inside fight at the wrong time, and got beat by the most garbage dude in the division. Looks like Manny's got his next opponent, if he gets past JMM.

Yup.
Cshel86
Just as I was hoping that Niskioka wouldn't do...hesitate. At least he's giving more of an effort than Navarez.

Nish is patient, so he may heat up in the next few rounds.
mgrover
lol at this rate am not going to have anything to talk about in post fight video
Cshel86
Donaire sucks...he appears to be too good for his opponents to engage, but his promoter is too much of a dick to put him in there someone that Donaire actually wants to fight.

Man if I put my grandma in there, she'd at least punch Donaire in the nuts. Nishioka has done none of the above. Nishioka's wife aint all that bad...looks like she'll stab you in your sleep.
sduck
Donaire is just better than this guy
Cheesey1
I actually like Donaire, I just don't think he's the best small guy. Can't blame Nishioka for playing it safe.

Ooops, he didn't play it safe enough.
mgrover
maybe i should of just stayed in bed
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 13 2012, 11:31 PM) *
maybe i should of just stayed in bed

Ha! It isn't that bad. You don't have to work tomorrow. Live a little...
Cshel86
Donaire sucks. Nobody that he's fought has had Mayweather defense, so why is it so hard for him to land punches when a guy just wants to cover up? There's no excuse here. He just wants guys to stand there and let him land punches, and they wont. How many fights does it take for him to realize this?
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 14 2012, 04:32 AM) *
Ha! It isn't that bad. You don't have to work tomorrow. Live a little...

thats alright i guess.

I think when Donaire fights someone who can fight off the back foot effectively he's going to be in a world of shit
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 13 2012, 11:34 PM) *
thats alright i guess.

I think when Donaire fights someone who can fight off the back foot effectively he's going to be in a world of shit

That would be interesting.
Genius
Easy work, now fight Rigo.
sduck
Welp and that's that
mgrover
i know people said that if he stops him he may get in p4p conversations again, but not this one. He got bailed out by his power, that was it.
BigFightFan
Pussy ass cornermen, give your guy a chance. That was BS
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 13 2012, 11:39 PM) *
Pussy ass cornermen, give your guy a chance. That was BS

Thank you. The dude is 36, Im not sure he will fight too much longer anyway. The motherfucker didn't fight for 5 rounds, so why not let him continue?

I still hate Donaire. He got his punk ass KO, now he can walk around with the big nuts, til Rigo's name is brought up, then he'll end up fighting more guys like this. laugh.gif
mgrover
am out theres no point of a video to this. am off back to bed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.