Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rios-Alvarado vs. Marquez-Conception
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Two wars, which one you like more?
daprofessor
both were equally hard to watch. "i'd like to buy some defense pat." ouch. laugh.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 15 2012, 01:38 PM) *
both were equally hard to watch. "i'd like to buy some defense pat." ouch. laugh.gif

Lol, they should have brought in Steve Smoger to ref events like Rios/Alvorado. I mean the guy Alvorado was out on his feet, but still had his hands up to try and block what he could. For such a great back and forward battle like Rios/Alvorado (like all others in boxing history) let someone touch the canvas before the consideration of stopping a fight comes in to thought is all I'm saying.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 15 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Lol, they should have brought in Steve Smoger to ref events like Rios/Alvorado. I mean the guy Alvorado was out on his feet, but still had his hands up to try and block what he could. For such a great back and forward battle like Rios/Alvorado (like all others in boxing history) let someone touch the canvas before the consideration of stopping a fight comes in to thought is all I'm saying.

i thought the stoppage was justified. rios couldn't miss...and alvarado was coming apart at the seams like a cheap suit. rios landed several unanswered blows. alvarado lives to fight another day. that poor mans shoulder roll was not getting the job done.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 15 2012, 03:12 PM) *
i thought the stoppage was justified. rios couldn't miss...and alvarado was coming apart at the seams like a cheap suit. rios landed several unanswered blows. alvarado lives to fight another day. that poor mans shoulder roll was not getting the job done.

True... Lol @ Avarado's shoulder, but what about the standing 8 count? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hear all the time though, that if a guys out on his feet and the ropes looked to be holding him up (which it looked like to me) a standing 8 count should be given.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 15 2012, 02:32 PM) *
True... Lol @ Avarado's shoulder, but what about the standing 8 count? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hear all the time though, that if a guys out on his feet and the ropes looked to be holding him up (which it looked like to me) a standing 8 count should be given.

i believe they used california rules...and there's no standing 8 count. u could see in alvarado's eyes....he was out. he should have took a knee...but i think the little birdies and stars he was seeing around his head distracted him from doing so. laugh.gif that over hand right had him on queer street. it was beautifully timed and perfectly placed...not to mention, rios got everything on that shot. lesser men would have hit the canvas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.