Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: guerrero vs berto nov 24th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
also...if guerrero wins...is that enough to get a shot at floyd?
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 15 2012, 02:30 PM) *
also...if guerrero wins...is that enough to get a shot at floyd?

Not enough for a shot at Floyd. Guerrero is a light day of sparring for Mayweather. Not even a fight. I also don't think he'll get past Berto. Is Guerrero that good? I've seen him fight before, but don't remember one fight. I don't remember their being anything about him that caught my eye or him really being that good.

What do you and the room think?
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 15 2012, 01:35 PM) *
Not enough for a shot at Floyd. Guerrero is a light day of sparring for Mayweather. Not even a fight. I also don't think he'll get past Berto. Is Guerrero that good? I've seen him fight before, but don't remember one fight. I don't remember their being anything about him that caught my eye or him really being that good.

What do you and the room think?

guerrero is going to beat berto.
flazi
i think guerrero outworks berto but berto can catch him and hurt him if he is not careful.
checkleft
This should be an action fight. Berto gets suckered into other peoples fights all the time and I don't think guerrero is all that but if this is a all action like I think but both look vulnerable Floyd might jump on the winner.

I think if berto uses his speed and counters he can ko or stop guerrero. If he plays into guerreros game plan he will lose a decision
leonthegee
The Ghost is a decent boxer but he can be hit. Also both fighters can be sucked into each others gameplans. I give Berto the edge because of size, power, hes the better athlete, and hand speed. Stamina could be an issue for Berto but I think this fight will be over inside 8 rds. Aydin was able to land several right hands against the ghost but failed to throw combos. If Berto loads up his right hand, ala 6th round vs Ortiz, its night night for the ghost. I got Berto.
checkleft
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 15 2012, 08:05 PM) *
The Ghost is a decent boxer but he can be hit. Also both fighters can be sucked into each others gameplans. I give Berto the edge because of size, power, hes the better athlete, and hand speed. Stamina could be an issue for Berto but I think this fight will be over inside 8 rds. Aydin was able to land several right hands against the ghost but failed to throw combos. If Berto loads up his right hand, ala 6th round vs Ortiz, its night night for the ghost. I got Berto.

Great points and you hit it right on the head with bertos stamina issues. It seemed like every time he stepped up against someone he couldn't catch early he gassed
Cshel86
Who knows how this one will go. Berto has been out of action for 14 months (in Nov.) and this is Robert's second fight at WW and has been relatively inactive. Robert will throw as many punches as he needs to, and Berto will be the first to gas out if he doesn't score a KO by mid fight.

I cant stand Robert, but I would hate to see him get off'd by Berto, because he really wants to score that big fight in his career. I want to see him get mopped, but I dont. I just want to see where Berto is, and I want to see how Robert hangs with him.

Interesting scrap...no predictions because Im lost.
BigFightFan
This is really a pick'em fight, it could either way. This will be a good action fight because both guys are not hard to find to be hit. Luckily for Berto,Robert is not a big puncher.
Plah
Guerrero 7-5
Genius
Berto by KO, the Ghost doesn't have enough POP to keep Berto honest.
daprofessor
i think guerrero landed some really solid shots on aydin that had him hesitant throughout the fight. it's no secret that berto is chinny. i wouldn't be shocked if guerrero stops berto or vice versa.
Genius
Yea and that sloppy Aydin was able to stun and land on Guerrero. Berto will land with ease and beat this kid (don't even like Berto)
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Genius @ Oct 17 2012, 12:45 AM) *
Yea and that sloppy Aydin was able to stun and land on Guerrero. Berto will land with ease and beat this kid (don't even like Berto)

Berto's conditioning says otherwise. It want be an easy fight for either man in this one.
Franchize
I had the Guerrero vs Aydin fight a draw if I'm not mistaken. Guerrero is a wanna be slick boxer who starts off boxing and slipping punches and then gets tagged because he isn't good at making adjustments. I think he'll win the early rounds for sure. He's a smarter boxer than Berto. However, if Berto has one ounce of discipline in him that night, Guerrero is going night night. If it goes 12 rounds, I think Guerrero wins but I could see Berto knocking this fool the fuck out. I'm actually hoping he does even though Berto has lost a lot of respect in my book (not that he cares lol)
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 17 2012, 09:47 AM) *
I had the Guerrero vs Aydin fight a draw if I'm not mistaken. Guerrero is a wanna be slick boxer who starts off boxing and slipping punches and then gets tagged because he isn't good at making adjustments. I think he'll win the early rounds for sure. He's a smarter boxer than Berto. However, if Berto has one ounce of discipline in him that night, Guerrero is going night night. If it goes 12 rounds, I think Guerrero wins but I could see Berto knocking this fool the fuck out. I'm actually hoping he does even though Berto has lost a lot of respect in my book (not that he cares lol)

not really. he fought that way in that fight...but that really isn't his style. the tripped out part of it all...his pops really doesn't know much about boxing and doesn't really give him great advice in the corner. what i find amazing is that guerrero is one of those guys that pretty much trains himself and makes most of the adjustments on his own. with the right trainer...he could be even better. i doubt he gets rid of his pops though.
Genius
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 17 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Berto's conditioning says otherwise. It want be an easy fight for either man in this one.

It won't be...this fight will play out as Guerrero was "dominating" the early rounds, til he gets tagged and knocked out.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 17 2012, 10:47 AM) *

Agree with everyone that this is close, but I think I echo Franchize' comments the most.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.