Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK Promoters / TV companies - Question about fighters purses
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
Why do the UK promoters/TV companies never reveal how much they are paying their fighters??. Goldenboy and Showtime like many of the Amercian promoters and Tv companies again has made it public knowledge of what Sat nights fighter are getting.

Dan Rafael ESPN blog : http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/...rclays-center-2

I find it interesting how much boxers are getting paid as it gets you thinking how much our world champions right down to the show opener guys are making.

Has anyone got any links to other purse splits for full show etc etc

cheers
daprofessor
fat dan always seems to be the guy posting their salaries and he gets that info from the commission i believe. someone needs to post his salary. fat bastid.
Cshel86
That's some decent money to be on premium television. I agree that it's not all that much for some of the guys on the card...Im speaking of the ones who are making 150k and up. Those in the 300k neighborhood, aint so bad either...especially at this point of their careers.

I especially feel bad for the guys making 15k. WTF? How can anyone live off of that? By the time you're done paying your trainers, managers, promoters, and so forth...you're left with shit. Now that I think about it, if you're not making shit, then they wont really get much of shit either. Pirog just killed Jacobs's salary potential. Lol

Overall, I'm pumped for this card!
mgrover
well here its rude to ask someones salary so maybe that shit shouldn't be posted all over the place. athletes should have to give permission to have those numbers given out
daprofessor
i don't recall ever seeing the dude who's fighting quillen...but that dude is getting paid!!!

i would think alexander would get less and morales would get more. i guess it all depends on management.

fat dan is giving gold diggers valuable info. someone needs to stop that fat fuck for the sake of the fighters!!! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 18 2012, 05:20 PM) *
well here its rude to ask someones salary so maybe that shit shouldn't be posted all over the place. athletes should have to give permission to have those numbers given out

that's what i'm saying!!!
daprofessor
this just in....

Dan Rafael of ESPN.COM makes an estimated 38K a year plus benefits. Part of his contract with the company includes free lunches from Jersey Mike's sub shop. His contract is renewed on a yearly basis.

if you ask me....he's being paid waaaay more than he's worth. closedeyes.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 18 2012, 06:28 PM) *
Part of his contract with the company includes free lunches from Jersey Mike's sub shop.

One of those subs needs to have glass in it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 18 2012, 06:20 PM) *

You're right about it being rude, but it's just as rude in America (at least in corporate America). The issue is the secretive BBBofC. When I wrote my article on boxer's wages I contacted the BBBofC as well as their American counterparts. They basically told me to sod off. Haha in a nice, stiff upper lip sort of way. The exact email was phrased along the lines that I should contact the boxers and their managers, but the message was clear.
Nevada were the most forthcoming. New York gave me some bogus freedom of information nonsense. I don't think that I contacted CA though, haha, can't remember.

DaProf is right that the commissions have that info. ESPN's guy probably also has the connections with the promoters and managers etc.

On the general topic of wage transaprency, I think that wage info. should be available to all, in boxing and in the corporate world etc. If you're making good money but are an absolute dipshit, while a star performer is getting the shaft, that should be known. Earnings should be based on what you produce.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 19 2012, 11:44 AM) *
You're right about it being rude, but it's just as rude in America (at least in corporate America). The issue is the secretive BBBofC. When I wrote my article on boxer's wages I contacted the BBBofC as well as their American counterparts. They basically told me to sod off. Haha in a nice, stiff upper lip sort of way. The exact email was phrased along the lines that I should contact the boxers and their managers, but the message was clear.
Nevada were the most forthcoming. New York gave me some bogus freedom of information nonsense. I don't think that I contacted CA though, haha, can't remember.

DaProf is right that the commissions have that info. ESPN's guy probably also has the connections with the promoters and managers etc.

On the general topic of wage transaprency, I think that wage info. should be available to all, in boxing and in the corporate world etc. If you're making good money but are an absolute dipshit, while a star performer is getting the shaft, that should be known. Earnings should be based on what you produce.

so are u suggesting that dan rafael is over-paid/over-fed? huh.gif

laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 22 2012, 03:59 PM) *
so are u suggesting that dan rafael is over-paid/over-fed? huh.gif

laugh.gif

Ha! Yes, I most definitely am.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.