Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@8PM(ET)/5PM(PT)-Morales-Garcia II: SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jack 1000
For all the on-going action and post-fight reactions to tonight's QUADRUPLE HEADER on Showtime. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
C.Alarid1
Why can't I watch this until 8pm pt? It's supposed to start at 5pm (pt) but my showtime says 8pm? I WANT TO WATCH IT LIVE not a rerun. Anybody know why?
Cshel86
Are we posting round by round action for the preliminaries as well?
mgrover
been a shit week, hopefully this makes it that bit better
Cshel86
Can't wait for this one! The preliminaries are full of potential as well. I'm not sure how they'll 3 bouts on the card within an hour. Eddie Gomez fights some no-hoper, but I can imagine that his fight will only be 4 rounds, maybe?

Collazo also fights, and Im sure his will be a 10-rounder. Danny Jacobs returns tonight, which has been a big deal, and I'm quite sure that one will be 10 rounds too. Somebody may not get some air time, unless something changed. Anyhow, they will look great tonight!

Quillin vs WTF (Whoever Tha F*ck): Tonight is Quillin's night, and I expect him to give it his best. He's looking to win his first title tonight, so that hunger will be there. He just needs to be careful, and not get caught up in the moment. I've never seen his opponent before, so I can't make a sound assessment. I know one thing, these last-minute and unknown opponents have made their mark this year, so I wont count him out.

Malignnagi vs Cano: Paulie has done himself a solid by pumping this one up on Twitter, and for some reason, I feel like he's going to win by TKO tonight. Don't laugh at me, but I have a feeling. Cano had a mard time making weight, and that could play a part on his mental. Paulie will be bust tonight, because Cano is no slouch.

Alexander vs Bailey: Should be easy for Alexander tonight, but if he plays against himself and wears himself down, Bailey could get that late TKO. Something tells me that Bailey will take the fight to Devon and not sit back like he did with Jones. I see Devon landing and clinching his way back to the top.

Garcia vs Morales: Danny needs to go straight at Erik tonight, no bullshit. He sat back too much in the first fight, and got his face fixed. This fight did have a rematch clause, but I don't truly see a point in the rematch, though the first fight was close. With that mind, I'm sure Danny is pissed the fuck off about the whole Morales drug test nonsense, so he may want to beat Erik to a stupor.

No official predictions from me, but something tells me that somebody will hit the canvas tonight and surprise us all. We'll see...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (C.Alarid1 @ Oct 20 2012, 06:26 PM) *
Why can't I watch this until 8pm pt? It's supposed to start at 5pm (pt) but my showtime says 8pm? I WANT TO WATCH IT LIVE not a rerun. Anybody know why?

I saw that too. Not cool by Showtime at all.
Cshel86
DAMN! That motherfucker fell in phases! LOL

Good win for Danny! Wish he could've got in a few more rounds, but hey, he did his thang!

TKO round 1 for Jacobs
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 20 2012, 07:15 PM) *
DAMN! That motherfucker fell in phases! LOL

Good win for Danny! Wish he could've got in a few more rounds, but hey, he did his thang!

TKO round 1 for Jacobs

Definitely handled his biz.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 20 2012, 07:21 PM) *
Definitely handled his biz.

What channel are you guys watching it on?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 20 2012, 07:29 PM) *
What channel are you guys watching it on?

This is the Showtime Extreme portion. Goes on until 8, then moves over to Showtime. That might have been the last match until the Showtime coverage.

As you know, Showtime sometimes does that with the undercard and 'Weekend in Boxing' always gives all of the details.
mgrover
looks like a good card, no corona atm, the JD will have to do biggrin.gif
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 20 2012, 07:36 PM) *
This is the Showtime Extreme portion. Goes on until 8, then moves over to Showtime. That might have been the last match until the Showtime coverage.

As you know, Showtime sometimes does that with the undercard and 'Weekend in Boxing' always gives all of the details.

Thanks! I missed all the fights I guess.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 20 2012, 07:42 PM) *
looks like a good card, no corona atm, the JD will have to do biggrin.gif

Not a bad replacement!
Cshel86
Man Lopez's girlfriend is hot! The Alvarez/Lopez All Access came on after the preliminaries, if you guys didn't notice.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 20 2012, 07:44 PM) *
Thanks! I missed all the fights I guess.

No problem. I hoped that they were going to show all of the undercard (Dimitry Salita as well as Steve Upsher Chambers) and not just Daniel Jacobs on Showtime Extreme. Oh well...

Time for the headliners on Showtime.
Cshel86
Why does Alexander/Bailey have to be the first bout? I believe it deserves more recognition than Kid Chopped-Tooth vs whoever it is that he's fighting. I guess it's an up north thing.
BigFightFan
Are you guys predicting any upsets tonight?
mgrover
yeah i may cry after i run out of alcohol
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 20 2012, 08:05 PM) *

Nope, just some weird moments.

LMAO at Bailey....ghetto ass motherf*cker. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 20 2012, 08:05 PM) *

Not really, but maybe Garcia/Morales and Quillin/N'Dam. Unlikely, but since you asked those are the only two that I can envision.

Nice one by Bailey wearing a FightHype t-shirt. Bob Arum's already ordered his...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 20 2012, 08:13 PM) *
yeah i may cry after i run out of alcohol

Ha! He said upsets not symptoms of withdrawal...
Cheesey1
Never paid attention to how much taller/bigger Bailey is than Alexander.
Cheesey1
Oh lord, fans in BK please don't embarrass us.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 20 2012, 08:18 PM) *
Never paid attention to how much taller/bigger Bailey is than Alexander.

Bailey looks like somebody's uncle in there, lol

Devon shouldn't allow himself to be backed up. No way Bailey should be allowed to get anything off. Looks like Devon has a new style.

These NY are already pissing me off.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 20 2012, 08:15 PM) *
Not really, but maybe Garcia/Morales and Quillin/N'Dam. Unlikely, but since you asked those are the only two that I can envision.

Nice one by Bailey wearing a FightHype t-shirt. Bob Arum's already ordered his...

Bailey might catch Alexander with something big, Devon looks tentative
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 20 2012, 08:21 PM) *
Bailey looks like somebody's uncle in there, lol

Devon shouldn't allow himself to be backed up. No way Bailey should be allowed to get anything off. Looks like Devon has a new style.

These NY are already pissing me off.

They're pissing me off too. The reason the Knicks always choke is because of their bullshit fans. I used to have tickets to the Garden (years ago) and that same rubbish used to happen. Very irritating.
Cshel86
Cant stand these impatient NY fans...not sure if they're worse here, than they were at the Cotto/Margarito rematch.

Devon is staying on the inside too long when he throws that left to the body.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 20 2012, 08:22 PM) *
Bailey might catch Alexander with something big, Devon looks tentative

Yup. That's probably Bailey's plan. (doh, I wrote "Alexander" before).
Cshel86
Got it 2 -1 for Alexander, he won the 2nd and the 3rd.

Its not hard to give Bailey the 2nd round...kinda hard to score that round.
BigFightFan
Bailey has Devon mindfucked
Cshel86
Gave the 5th to Bailey for those big right hands that he landed. Devon's new name tonight is Mr. Lean...motherf*cker is leaning in and inviting those right hands. At least he can take the punches...but for how long?
Franchize
My FiOs guide doesnt have this starting till 9 but low and behold the shit is on.Is this the 1st fight? Devon is a lot of flash and very little substance. Bailey looks like an OG from the hood ready to knock of these young chump out" lol Bailey isnt busy enough but when he is, he's slipped in some really nice body punches.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 20 2012, 08:38 PM) *
Gave the 5th to Bailey for those big right hands that he landed. Devon's new name tonight is Mr. Lean...motherf*cker is leaning in and inviting those right hands. At least he can take the punches...but for how long?

That's the only round that I thought Bailey won. I don't know if landing one true big punch that the other guy wasn't wobbled by would win him the round if I was judging this one.

Auston Trout's doing a great job commentating.
Gambit808
This is a fight, not ball room dancing, good point deduction. All this grabbing holding twisting and turning shit need to stop.
Franchize
How do you keep your composure as a fighter when Kevin Cunningham is acting like the sky is falling and the world is coming to an end every round lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 20 2012, 08:40 PM) *
My FiOs guide doesnt have this starting till 9 but low and behold the shit is on.Is this the 1st fight?

Yep, it's the first one.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 20 2012, 08:41 PM) *
That's the only round that I thought Bailey won. I don't know if landing one true big punch that the other guy wasn't wobbled by would win him the round if I was judging this one.

Agreed. Devon does seem tentative, but he looks better than scary Mike Jones who ran and pitty pat punches the whole time.
Franchize
My respect for Mercante Jr has grown over the year. He always seems to get the tought fights to ref. He seems like he wants to hit the fighters himself sometimes lol
mgrover
it's like this, while Bailey isn't doing much, Alexander has Bailey there on a platter and he's doing nothing because hes scared of that right hand, I mean maybe he gets this win, but what type of win is it? a Nonito Donaire win wink.gif
Plah
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 20 2012, 08:46 PM) *
it's like this, while Bailey isn't doing much, Alexander has Bailey there on a platter and he's doing nothing because hes scared of that right hand, I mean maybe he gets this win, but what type of win is it? a Nonito Donaire win wink.gif

Haha nice one.
Cshel86
I'm about to get one of those Garcia zebra hoodies...shit looks cool.

What did I say in my first post guys? Alexander will punch and hold. I'm surprised he wont switch it up a bit, because of those missed lefts from him, Bailey keeps ducking them.
Cheesey1
Embarrassing fans. NY's cool, but whether it's a Yankees game or the Knicks, I can do without most of the idiot fans.

I'm generally fine with Alexander's performance. He's the shorter guy and is always in danger because he has to come in to land.
Franchize
Bailey wants to land that right hand so bad that he's missing clear opportunities to land other punches. Everytime he's thrown his jab or uppercut he's landed but he's so fixated on the right that he's ignoring it. It's like wanting Halle Berry so bad you miss out on Beyonce and Stacey Dash throwing you the pussy.
Cshel86
I'm about to call Bailey, "Wind 'Em Up Randall"...dude is just loading up on that one big punch.

I'm getting a bit bored with this fight, but I felt the same about Jones/Bailey...until that magic punch landed.

Alexander is turning him, and landing well to the body. I dont like that flying left hand that he's doing, he could get caught in the middle of it.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 20 2012, 08:50 PM) *
Embarrassing fans. NY's cool, but whether it's a Yankees game or the Knicks, I can do without most of the idiot fans.

Hey hey hey...I'm a Knicks fan lol Us NYers move a mile a minute so if you're stinking up the joint, we're quick to let you know lol Alexander should be dominating this fight. Bailey isnt showing him anythng that Maidana didnt. He's waiting for one punch.
mgrover
odd he's gone to a high guard now
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 20 2012, 08:50 PM) *
Bailey wants to land that right hand so bad that he's missing clear opportunities to land other punches. Everytime he's thrown his jab or uppercut he's landed but he's so fixated on the right that he's ignoring it. It's like wanting Halle Berry so bad you miss out on Beyonce and Stacey Dash throwing you the pussy.

If you want Stacey Dash you'd better rep. the GOP.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 20 2012, 08:53 PM) *
Hey hey hey...I'm a Knicks fan lol Us NYers move a mile a minute so if you're stinking up the joint, we're quick to let you know lol Alexander should be dominating this fight. Bailey isnt showing him anythng that Maidana didnt. He's waiting for one punch.

Ha! Sorry man, but I'm a Knicks fan too, had season tickets two seasons in a row (3/4 season, but I call them season tix..) went even when I didn't have the season tix. . Lived in the BX and lived in BK and I think that a lot of NY sports fans are a pain.

Even though it doesn't really count, I even lived in White Plains.
Cshel86
Bailey is walking Devon down and cornering him. Hope Devon doesn't get tired or run out of shit to do.

11th round begins...

I almost forgot how much of a decent boxer Bailey is, but dude has just resorted to looking for one punch.
Franchize
MY sign for when I'm becoming uninterested in a figh....when i start noticing the female celebrities in the building. Angie Martinez....MILF lol
Franchize
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 20 2012, 08:54 PM) *
If you want Stacey Dash you'd better rep. the GOP.

LMAO I personally think she isthe most beautiful women on the planet but I gotta admit....that tarnished her image for me. I wanted to slap her....then tell her Im sorry and I love her
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.