Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Article on Boxing Ratings: HBO, Showtime, and Potentially Others
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
This is a good article on boxing network ratings:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/hbo-r...39418--box.html

Jack
daprofessor
i don't care that hbo got better ratings for their show with edwin rodriquez vs escalera. that was a mismatch. the darchinyan fight was decent...but again..pretty one sided. no matter how good the fights are on hbo...jim lampley and larry merchant usually ruin them. i prefer bob, kellerman and roy.

showtimes fights are much more compelling..and their commentary is always good.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 25 2012, 03:41 PM) *
i don't care that hbo got better ratings for their show with edwin rodriquez vs escalera. that was a mismatch. the darchinyan fight was decent...but again..pretty one sided. no matter how good the fights are on hbo...jim lampley and larry merchant usually ruin them. i prefer bob, kellerman and roy.

showtimes fights are much more compelling..and their commentary is always good.

You can thank, in part, Gus Johnson for some of that excitement. LOL.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 25 2012, 02:46 PM) *
You can thank, in part, Gus Johnson for some of that excitement. LOL.

i really didn't like him in the beginning but he grew on me.

showtimes bouts have been compelling waaaaay before he ever got there. laugh.gif
leonthegee
Very good for Showtime considering the fact that 8 million more people have HBO.
checkleft
I think the problem for hbo is that they sometimes have shobox type fights but they don't have a shobox type show on Fridays like showtime.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 27 2012, 04:53 PM) *
I think the problem for hbo is that they sometimes have shobox type fights but they don't have a shobox type show on Fridays like showtime.

very well put. their last card should have been on a friday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.