Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15 PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT)-Dulorme/Abregu & Vasquez/Quitero-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
These fights are put of a TRIPLE HEADER on HBO tonight. Discuss in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
checkleft
Never seen dulorme, looking forward to seeing mayfield again tho.
Cshel86
Im sure that two of these three bouts will end in a knockout. I'm not sure I've seen Quitero or Vasquez fight, but again, I may have seen them by accident on FNF or ShoBox.

Dulorme/Abregu: I cant see Abregu winning this one, but I haven't seen him fight since he fought Bradley. All I remember is, Bradley moved up to WW to fight him, and almost knocked him out, which is weird.

Either he was an overmatched opponent, or he wasn't there to fight that night. If Bradley almost knocks you out, then again, you're either overmatched or lack confidence. If I remember correctly, he may have brought the fight to Bradley in a few rounds, but dont quote me.

I'll go back and watch it before this card starts. I remember him being VERY poised, so that may work to his advantage tonight. Dulorme is hard hitter, and I remember him putting away a guy in a devastating fashion on the Ortiz/Berto untelevised card. I also remember him knocking out someone recently, as well as sparring with Maidana for the Alexander fight.

Herrera/Mayfield: For starters, I cant stand Mayfield. He has power and is a bit agile, but again, I cant stand him. I just saw him fight recently on FNF a few months ago, and winning by way of a nasty TKO. Cant remember the PR dude that he fought, but he fleeced him. He may be too much for Herrera, who is a punching bag with heart and resolve. I just saw Alvarado beat him down back in April, but he's tough.

The only way these underdogs win tonight, is if they follow a strict game plan and use basic boxing skills to throw these trigger-happy knockout artists off tonight.
Cshel86
Vasquez got the first round...not much went on. Both guys were a bit reluctant, but Vasquez was busier.

Quintero didn't land not ONE punch in the 1st round...not a good look.
Cshel86
Quintero is closing the distance and landing a bit to the body, but again, Vasquez is just busier. Its waaay too much movement in this one, and its getting boring. As RJJ just said, it wont be interesting if, when one guy lands, and the other retreats.
Cshel86
Vasquez is moving waaaay too much, which almost equates to running. He reminds me of Jones in the Bailey fight, except Jones threw a little more. I gave that one to Quintero because of the couple of left hands that he landed.
Cshel86
Gave the 4th to Quintero, he landed maybe 2 big shots (which weren't all that huge), but Vasquez is fuckin killing me with this running shit. How are you the tall guy, and running like this? I understand a gameplan, but Vasquez seems like he's running from something.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Vasquez is moving waaaay too much, which almost equates to running. He reminds me of Jones in the Bailey fight, except Jones threw a little more. I gave that one to Quintero because of the couple of left hands that he landed.

I agree. Not sure why Vazquez is jumping in like that. As Kellerman said, Vazquez is timing Quintero. Just use the jab homie.

Vasquez has been trying that uppercut for a couple of rounds and finally landed one.
Cshel86
5th goes to Vasquez, though he started that running shit again. He landed a few good shots, but let's be honest, when Quintero gets on the inside, he's able to land good shots.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:42 PM) *
I agree. Not sure why Vazquez is jumping in like that. As Kellerman said, Vazquez is timing Quintero. Just use the jab homie.

Vazquez has been trying that uppercut for a couple of rounds and finally landed one.

Thank you

Is the uppercut the reason why the crowd woke up?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:45 PM) *
5th goes to Vasquez, though he started that running shit again. He landed a few good shots, but let's be honest, when Quintero gets on the inside, he's able to land good shots.

Thank you

Is the uppercut the reason why the crowd woke up?

Ha! Not sure. As Quintero's trainer said, "ignore the crowd."
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Ha! Not sure. As Quintero's trainer said, "ignore the crowd."

Lol.

If anything, Quitero's making this fight. I never want to see Vasquez fight again, and we're only halfway through this fight.

Some of these guys wonder why they have to resort to begging, when they fight like this. You're on HBO dude...try to make your mark.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Lol.

If anything, Quitero's making this fight. I never want to see Vasquez fight again, and we're only halfway through this fight.

Some of these guys wonder why they have to resort to begging, when they fight like this. You're on HBO dude...try to make your mark.

You're going to be stuck with Vasquez because he's winning tonight. Quintero needs to do something big to win.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:55 PM) *
You're going to be stuck with Vasquez because he's winning tonight. Quintero needs to do something big to win.

Im about to sort socks, until this one ends...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Im about to sort socks, until this one ends...

Ha! You know me, I find something interesting in any boxing match. I'm hoping they somehow squeeze in a four rounder with some crazy up and comers before the night's over...

I'm mildly enjoying this one. Not the best, but not the worst.

Vasquez would make his life a lot easier if he used his jab.
Cheesey1
Let's see what the judges thought. I had it close, but clearly for Vasquez.

Punchstats /Compubox, IMO, are completely useless.
Cshel86
Man, everytime I hear 115 - 113...I automatically think "fuckery". laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:16 PM) *
Man, everytime I hear 115 - 113...I automatically think "fuckery". laugh.gif

Ha! Just don't start letting the bottle dictate your posts again.
Cheesey1
Emmanuel Steward. I won't lie, I shed a few tears when I heard the news. Never met the guy, but God bless.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:21 PM) *
Emmanuel Steward. I won't lie, I shed a few tears when I heard the news. Never met the guy, but God bless.

Same here....
Cshel86
Does every motherfucker gotta rap nowadays...give that shit a rest.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:26 PM) *
Does every motherfucker gotta rap nowadays...give that shit a rest.

True, but at least he's got a career and doesn't think that he's going to get a record deal. I blame the popular rappers nowadays for that brainwashing. I miss the days of Public Enemy (when Chuck D had Flavor Flav under control).
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:28 PM) *
True, but at least he's got a career and doesn't think that he's going to get a record deal. I blame the popular rappers nowadays for that brainwashing. I miss the days of Public Enemy (when Chuck D had Flavor Flav under control).

Those days, I miss as well. cool.gif Well...at least the 90's

This fight wont go 4 rounds...unless Herrera sticks to his game plan and use basic skills. Anything outside of the norm or anything out of emotion...and he's out.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:31 PM) *
Those days, I miss as well. cool.gif Well...at least the 90's

This fight wont go 4 rounds...unless Herrera sticks to his game plan and use basic skills. Anything outside of the norm or anything out of emotion...and he's out.

Yup. Herrera seems to be sticking to the plan so far.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:34 PM) *
Yup. Herrera seems to be sticking to the plan so far.

He was a tough cookie against Alvarado, but I believe Mayfield has more pop. We'll see...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:37 PM) *
He was a tough cookie against Alvarado, but I believe Mayfield has more pop. We'll see...

I haven't watched that one.

Herrera was definitely having success with his jab and continued to, but Mayfield did more damage.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:40 PM) *
I haven't watched that one.

Herrera was definitely having success with his jab and continued to, but Mayfield did more damage.

Dont feel bad...it was on the Rios/Abril undercard.

Mayfield has landed some shots, but not what Im used to seeing. That overhand right may find its mark if Herrera comes in with his head up, or if he backs up with his head straight up.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Dont feel bad...it was on the Rios/Abril undercard.

Mayfield has landed some shots, but not what Im used to seeing. That overhand right may find its mark if Herrera comes in with his head up, or if he backs up with his head straight up.

I thought that was Virgil Hunter in Mayfield's corner.
Cshel86
Virgil Hunter's voice scares the shit outta me. Imagine him reading a kid a bedtime story or telling a scary story at a campfire. no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:46 PM) *
Virgil Hunter's voice scares the shit outta me. Imagine him reading a kid a bedtime story or telling a scary story at a campfire. no2.gif

Ha! Maybe that's what motivates (scares) his fighters? You'd better stop talking shit about his newest boxer...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:47 PM) *
Ha! Maybe that's what motivates (scares) his fighters? You'd better stop talking shit about his newest boxer...

Lol

I was about to obey his instructions between rounds.

Looks like Hunter is supposed to be a mortician. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:49 PM) *
Lol

I was about to obey his instructions between rounds.

Looks like Hunter is supposed to be a mortician. laugh.gif

Funny.

Mayfield started using his jab more over the past two or three rounds, but as should be the case the taller/longer guy is having more success with his. Nonetheless I've still got Mayfield ahead.

I can understand RJJ Jr's comment re. Mayfield reminding him of Tyson, but Tyson was obviously more polished. Iron Mike in his prime had fantastic forward movement.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:52 PM) *
Funny.

Mayfield started using his jab more over the past two or three rounds, but as should be the case the taller/longer guy is having more success with his. Nonetheless I've still got Mayfield ahead.

Agreed

Herrera needs to catch Mayfield off balance, as he has been on SEVERAL occasions.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:55 PM) *
Agreed

Herrera needs to catch Mayfield off balance, as he has been on SEVERAL occasions.

Mayfield's got the boxing undertaker in his corner, so flaws like that will be 'buried' in no time.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:59 PM) *
Mayfield's got the boxing undertaker in his corner, so flaws like that will be 'buried' in no time.

laugh.gif

Herrera has the whole wet spaghetti thing going right now...dude is about 2 punches from folding, if he's not careful.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 28 2012, 12:02 AM) *
laugh.gif

Herrera has the whole wet spaghetti thing going right now...dude is about 2 punches from folding, if he's not careful.

Yeah man.
Cheesey1
The punch stats have Herrera landing maybe 30 more punches, but it's clear that Mayfield's winning. Punch stats suck.

You will never, ever see me call that Rios/Alvarado fight anywhere near being fight of the year. Alvarado didn't even defend himself. Pure rubbish.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 28 2012, 12:05 AM) *
The punch stats have Herrera landing maybe 30 more punches, but it's clear that Mayfield's winning. Punch stats suck.

Obviously, you dont need many credentials to work compubox. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 28 2012, 12:06 AM) *
Obviously, you dont need many credentials to work compubox. Lol

Ha!!
Cshel86
Black folks and their fuckin' shoutouts. Im black, and I get tired of that shit. laugh.gif
Cshel86
I FUCKIN' HATE THAT DANCE FROM MAYFIELD! laugh.gif
checkleft
Really good fight. That dance and the neckwear aren't a good look tho Haha
Cheesey1
What!?!? Larry Merchant's in the boxing hall of fame? That seals it. Butterbean deserves a spot in there too.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2012, 12:12 AM) *
Really good fight. That dance and the neckwear aren't a good look tho Haha

Ha!
The dance was definitely unnecessary, but I think the neckwear's a Masai warrior thing (famous warriors from Kenya). That being said, Masai warriors are about twice Mayfield's height.

Agreed that it was a nice fight.
Cshel86
Man this ring announcer looks like he writes horror novels. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 28 2012, 12:16 AM) *
Man this ring announcer looks like he writes horror novels. laugh.gif

It all makes sense now...this is HBO's halloween themed B.A.D.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 28 2012, 12:18 AM) *
It all makes sense now...this is HBO's halloween themed B.A.D.

LMAO!

Everybody is on an eerie tip tonight.
Cheesey1
Nice first round from Dulorme.
checkleft
What a Fucking jab that kid is huge! His legs are monster
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 28 2012, 12:26 AM) *
Nice first round from Dulorme.

Obviously

Abregu is timid...
Cshel86
OH SHIT!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.