Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legendary Nights Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
leonthegee
About 10 years ago HBO did a documentary series called Legendary Nights and I thought they did an excellent job. They used fights such as SRL vs Hearns, Tyson vs Douglass, DLH vs Trinand, and a few others. Pryor vs Arguello was always my favorite fight growing up. So I figured Id post this for the younger members on this site that have never heard of an Alexis Arguello or an Arron Pryor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M1y9Trd8hU...feature=related

LMAO at 11:52. Bob Arum the master salesman and Burt Sugar looking like a young G.
checkleft
Awesome fight. I remember there was this intense interview with arguellos son where he talked about how his dad kept apologizing to him after the fight in the locker room, pretty deep.
Franchize
I just wish that scumbag Panama Lewis didn't tarnish an otherwise perfect fight.
Cshel86
I wanna go back and watch this one again...I just remember the fishy ending.
daprofessor
both fights were great! i remember them like it was yesterday. my pops made a killing betting on pryor and that's when i learned about betting with your mind and not your heart. laugh.gif

great fights!!!! both were class acts and hof'ers. definitely history worth knowing. great post!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.