Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac vs Marquez IIII (Preview and Poll)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
mgrover
seriously if your complaining this is happening just get out.

anyways, there have been a lot of fights in boxing that have warranted trilogies and I don't see why this is any different, people complained about the 3rd fight and now a fourth one is in the works, and its odd, Arum for once seems to be talking Manny down saying recently he's not looked as sharp in training, while other reports Pac has been demolishing his sparring partners.

Is this maybe Arums way to ready the public not to expect too much from Pac? Whatever the excuse used in the 3rd fight, Pac didn't seem himself, but I think it's because Marquez's trainer said it best, he's not the same animal that KD Marquez 4 times, he's very very predictable and interrupting his rhythm seems to fuck everything up for him. Marquez did it with feints and what not. How do you guys think Manny could actually convincingly beat Marquez without a KO
checkleft
I feel a ko coming for pac. I think marquez is convinced he has to stand and fight instead of BOXING in a BOXING MATCH to not get robbed.... again. And no offense to marquez but thus may be his Erik morales moment. He's up there in age swells up tremendously very fast and has not had a fight since the last pac fight. I hope I'm wrong because I'm a huge marquez but those are just my sentiments.

But I don't agree with the fact that you said pac wasn't himself, I think the problem was that he was himself and marquez knew he would be. The truth is pac is wild and has always been wild, a good boxer will always make him look like shit. No knock on pac because he is an animal
mgrover
i don't know, he seems so much more controlled than before, also marquez had one fight since pac and just dominated.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 1 2012, 06:48 PM) *
i don't know, he seems so much more controlled than before, also marquez had one fight since pac and just dominated.

Are you talking about the sedchenko fight before marquez pac 3? Cause if you are that was a dive if I've ever seen one bro.
mgrover
no that was after, the ramos fight in KO1 was the obvious dive. the sedchenko fight was a UD for Marquez, after that fight he was supposed to fight Brandon Rios, but Rios got his ass handed to him by Abril.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 1 2012, 06:15 PM) *
seriously if your complaining this is happening just get out.

anyways, there have been a lot of fights in boxing that have warranted trilogies and I don't see why this is any different, people complained about the 3rd fight and now a fourth one is in the works, and its odd, Arum for once seems to be talking Manny down saying recently he's not looked as sharp in training, while other reports Pac has been demolishing his sparring partners.

Is this maybe Arums way to ready the public not to expect too much from Pac? Whatever the excuse used in the 3rd fight, Pac didn't seem himself, but I think it's because Marquez's trainer said it best, he's not the same animal that KD Marquez 4 times, he's very very predictable and interrupting his rhythm seems to fuck everything up for him. Marquez did it with feints and what not. How do you guys think Manny could actually convincingly beat Marquez without a KO

Too bad this bullcrap fight is happening when we all know it's just another way for Arum to avoid having Pac get his anus kicked by Floyd but whatever and now that it is going to happen vs JMM I'm looking forward to seeing JMM totally dominate him even easier than he did in their last fight. I'm so sick of the PacHype that I'm praying someone like JMM or Bradley (who he is also running from) beats him so easily that we know he's been all hype.

Manny will never be able to beat JMM convincingly, in fact IMO he has lost to him all 3 times in their previous bouts, this one should top it all off for JMM, if he pushes Pac backwards and make him commit to punches while doing so it will enable JMM to counter Pac even more effectively because Manny cannot fight going backwards.

Manny on the other hand has to ensure that he is always going forward firing combinations not giving JMM any time or openings from which to counter him, as long as he stays busy going forward with combinations after a double-jab then he can beat Marquez but honestly without the benefit of a KO Pac will not beat JMM and he's definitely not getting a close decision vs JMM in Mexico (if this is where the fight takes place).
checkleft
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Nov 1 2012, 08:40 PM) *
Too bad this bullcrap fight is happening when we all know it's just another way for Arum to avoid having Pac get his anus kicked by Floyd but whatever and now that it is going to happen vs JMM I'm looking forward to seeing JMM totally dominate him even easier than he did in their last fight. I'm so sick of the PacHype that I'm praying someone like JMM or Bradley (who he is also running from) beats him so easily that we know he's been all hype.

Manny will never be able to beat JMM convincingly, in fact IMO he has lost to him all 3 times in their previous bouts, this one should top it all off for JMM, if he pushes Pac backwards and make him commit to punches while doing so it will enable JMM to counter Pac even more effectively because Manny cannot fight going backwards.

Manny on the other hand has to ensure that he is always going forward firing combinations not giving JMM any time or openings from which to counter him, as long as he stays busy going forward with combinations after a double-jab then he can beat Marquez but honestly without the benefit of a KO Pac will not beat JMM and he's definitely not getting a close decision vs JMM in Mexico (if this is where the fight takes place).

Don't think its gonna be in Mexico. But I agree w/ you about how the fight should go unless manny happens to hurt or drop marquez. He's just not very good against boxers. Morales and barrera are more in your face fighters while marquez is more of a counter puncher.

I also agree w/ the notion that this sort of a "buying time" sort of fight and that the Bradley fight would have drawn more interest. I know a lot of die hard and casual fans who already said they don't want to even watch the fight let alone pay for it. But i might tune in if the undercard is cool (not paying for it tho). I'm anxious to see how Gamboa looks even tho I'm sure its gonna be against someone not very challenging.
Jovi
What i notice is that Marquez seems to be doing better through each fight. Last fight was the only one he hadn't been knocked down, and was actually looking like he was stronger than pacquiao. Hes in much better shape than he was back then when he fought mayweather. I Actually enjoyed the last 24/7 and will enjoy the next because i get to be along for history if he does do it. If Marquez does win, i think it may be more likely if a knockdown occurs.
checkleft
QUOTE (Jovi @ Nov 1 2012, 10:18 PM) *
What i notice is that Marquez seems to be doing better through each fight. Last fight was the only one he hadn't been knocked down, and was actually looking like he was stronger than pacquiao. Hes in much better shape than he was back then when he fought mayweather. I Actually enjoyed the last 24/7 and will enjoy the next because i get to be along for history if he does do it. If Marquez does win, i think it may be more likely if a knockdown occurs.

He does look very strong, I saw a video of him sparring and he looks even more top heavy than that last pac fight. And he hurt stunned and knocked down his partner w/ a brutal right hand.
mgrover
because he's totally not on PEDs...Am surprised the Mayweathers haven't had anything to say about that. Marquez is a smart guy, he knows Pac better than anyone else, so every fight is more and more experience while Pac doesn't really think he just does, instinctive like an animal, which technically isn't boxing and is why he's pretty much losing to boxers.

While every man has his limit to the amount of punishment he can take, I just have never seen Marquez in serious amounts of trouble, he never seems hurt, maybe that's because the minute he's down hes just rallying away when he gets back up. But he does a good job against that do knock him down. If Pac can actually get a few KDs he may have a good shot of taking the UD but if he doesnt, i doubt it, since Roach pretty much said he's training him the same way he did for the other fights, so no real change in anything at all, ever.
Cshel86
Sorry, but unless JMM is doing some serious P90X, that dude is on something. He has balls and has always been able to take a punch, I've seen him hurt on several occasions, but it seems like he hasn't been down since the Katsidis fight...maybe we can blame that on competition, I guess.

As strong as Manny has gotten over the years, I figured he would've put JMM on the deck in their last fight, but Juan just has him figured out at this point. Maybe the Mayweathers haven't said anything about Juan being on something, because he's serving Manny up a taste of his own medicine...at least in their eyes, regardless of the PED accusations that they deny.

MG made a good point about the 4th fight. People (including me) were complaining about the results of the rubber match, so there's really no need to complain about a 4th being signed. Had they called the 3rd fight correctly, then this wouldn't be happening. Well, now that I think about it, this 4th fight is in inevitable, because the world would've been crying about Manny avenging that loss, had it happened.

As long as the undercard is decent for this card, then I'm in. I actually have a feeling that this one will have more fireworks, because Manny was confused and lacked focus in their recent outing, and Marquez avoided being knocked out, an it costed him. I wouldn't mind seeing a Bailey/Jones rematch...hell, it aint like Bailey trains hard for fights anyway. Lol

Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 1 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Are you talking about the sedchenko fight before marquez pac 3? Cause if you are that was a dive if I've ever seen one bro.

I think you mean Likar Ramos. That was DEFINITELY a dive! He fought Fedchenko after Pac/Marquez 3. I think you have your chenkos mixed up lol
pimpfighterROQ
Wow when I saw this thread, I thought it'd get a whole lot of hate and bashing comments to Pacquiao and this fight. I figured why not get a laugh out of it by reading. Lol glad to see true boxing fan replies.

I for one think that the Manny that showed up on the third fight was very strong. I mean he looked ripped for that fight and very fast. Emmanuel Steward said the same thing during that fight. But Marquez made that look like shit with him backing up and counterpunching all night.

I think this fight we will see a very aggressive Pacquiao. He knows his stock has dropped and I think the Bradley fight humbled his ass a lot. Since he now knows that he can't just half ass every fight just because he was being heralded as the Pound for Pound king. He actually looks good already this early in training than he is usually. I really do hope Roach and Pac come in with at least 3 plans of beating Marquez and adjust to it. If not, then we will see the same shit with the same punches thrown.

As for Marquez, I agree that he is on something. I have no proof but that is my opinion. This dude got big in just one fight. Compare him to the Marquez that destroyed Katsidis, especially the one that fought Mayweather. He weighted 142 lbs for the third Pac fight and also the Mayweather fight. Granted he changed some things with training but I don't even think Pacquiao got that welterweight body in just one fight. Anyways, I think Marquez will be Marquez. I do believe he will be more aggressive this time around but not to the point that they want to challenge Pac toe to toe. Nacho knows better than that.

I dont see neither fighter winning by a KO. They couldn't before, they for sure won't this time. Plus both guys have great chins. I can see knockdowns being a possibility however. But overall, I see this fight will be the same shit we saw. Except more violent and with blood. Kinda like the first fight but more technical.

If Pac scores a knockdown I'm sure they will give it to him. They can gain more money from Pacquiao hanging on longer with a win than a Marquez who is 40 yrs old and thinking of retirement already.

Can't wait till December. Will definitely split this with some friends and get some ol' fashion Filipino food party to watch the fight.
leonthegee
Im not ordering this fight. Theres too much talent at 147 for Manny to be fighting Marquez for the 4th time. I dont care what anybody says this fight is shit. The 3rd fight was shit too. Manny hasnt put on an exciting fight since Cotto and thats going on 4 yrs now. I only watched the Bradley fight because I had money on it.
daprofessor
pac/jmm 4 is a boxing after dark fight. nothing more...nothing less. the fight is too predictable. although i thought jmm won the last two fights, they will always make for a close match up every time they step into the squared ring. with that being said....arum is raping pac. not blatantly like over powering rapist....more like a weasel who spikes a chicks drink. smh.
flazi
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 2 2012, 12:03 PM) *
arum is raping pac. not blatantly like over powering rapist....more like a weasel who spikes a chicks drink. smh.

this.
sduck
Pac vs Marquez IV*
Plah
This fight is being made just for money and money only. I'm having this feeling (and wish) that JMM hurts Pac pretty good this time and gets the nod easily.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 2 2012, 03:52 PM) *
This fight is being made just for money and money only. I'm having this feeling (and wish) that JMM hurts Pac pretty good this time and gets the nod easily.

can we get some forecast/predictions on ppv sales? will it matter? the truth won't come out anyway.
BigFightFan
http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=w...6r5Mdt296DY1j8g

They didn't ask 1 question about the fight with Marquez in this interview. SMH!
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 2 2012, 11:03 PM) *
can we get some forecast/predictions on ppv sales? will it matter? the truth won't come out anyway.

if the third fight honestly did do 1.4million which i doubt, i really cant see this breaking a million to save its life
Jack 1000
This is Ali-Norton 50.

Not complaining. But the style of these two is like this generations' Ali-Norton. They could fight 50 times and have 114-114 to 115-113 type scorecards each time. We will get 7-5 scorecards each and every time until one of these fighters gets to old and can really dominate. I have Manny winning fight 1, and Juan the next two. All close, all competitive. This is the type of fight that even if they still did 15-round championship fights it would still be close.

Both fighters promising domination is just a PR move IMO. They still put asses in the seats.

Jack
Jack 1000
Oh yea, give me Marquez by SD.

Jack
HazConvictedFelonMane
Why didn't they take the rematch right away like Bob Arum said they would? Right after the final bell rang Bob Arum was in the ring screaming about how they needed to rematch Marquez right away. Why not rematch him straight away instead of taking on Timothy Bradley? The Bradley decision was crazy but that's what he gets for dancing around the true business at hand. I don't understand how people can think that Manny Pacquiao is a surefire bet to beat Floyd Mayweather. He still hasn't taken care of business with Juan Manuel Marquez.
sduck
Hate to say it but I'm expecting the same shit from the past three fights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 3 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Why didn't they take the rematch right away like Bob Arum said they would? Right after the final bell rang Bob Arum was in the ring screaming about how they needed to rematch Marquez right away. Why not rematch him straight away instead of taking on Timothy Bradley?

Bob is running circles around the public. I remember him breaking his neck for a rematch, after the Bradley decision. Me thinks that Manny will be fighting Bradley late next year, after the Rios fight.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 3 2012, 05:28 PM) *
Hate to say it but I'm expecting the same shit from the past three fights.

I agree, except this time, Marquez might get it. I think he is going to insist that at least two of the judges are not Vegas guys. All three judges should be from neutral countries, but Nevada won't be quite that neutral. For outside judges, sometimes they will take say Stan Christodoulu. They might go with him, than they should have either a Mexican or Latin America judge, than one of their own.

Almost certain it will be a Nevada ref.

Jack
HazConvictedFelonMane
I wonder....Will there be more PEDIALYTE in the Marquez corner this time around??? It's funny how there's special rules that come with a Pacquiao fight. This guy's in the corner drinking something other than water. I don't give a damn what Mr. Kizer has to say about it. This is boxing and they don't drink Kool-Aid in the corners. They drink water. BTW Juan Manuel Marquez is looking bigger, stronger, and faster. No random testing for this fight though. Marquez could be juiced like a fool ready to murder Manny Pacquiao and it would be his stance AGAINST the extra testing that would allow it to slip through the cracks.
checkleft
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 9 2012, 06:07 PM) *
I wonder....Will there be more PEDIALYTE in the Marquez corner this time around??? It's funny how there's special rules that come with a Pacquiao fight. This guy's in the corner drinking something other than water. I don't give a damn what Mr. Kizer has to say about it. This is boxing and they don't drink Kool-Aid in the corners. They drink water. BTW Juan Manuel Marquez is looking bigger, stronger, and faster. No random testing for this fight though. Marquez could be juiced like a fool ready to murder Manny Pacquiao and it would be his stance AGAINST the extra testing that would allow it to slip through the cracks.

Great post
Cshel86
Any idea of who will be fighting on this undercard???
Franchize
Taking bets that if this one is close again Bob Arum hops on the mic and asks the fans if they wanna see it again lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 14 2012, 09:16 AM) *
Taking bets that if this one is close again Bob Arum hops on the mic and asks the fans if they wanna see it again lol

Spare us the agony please! I would die another death if that shit happened. Lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 14 2012, 10:16 AM) *

if that happens i would like to see the crowd break into chant...."bull-shit!!! bull-shit!!! bull-shit!!!"

Jack 1000
According to Fight News, the ref and judges have been named and there will be only ONE Nevada judge and she is very, very good. Others are good as well:

Click to see the appointments:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/pacquiao-m...ls-named-149629

Jack
daprofessor
my official prediction:

as usual...the fans will cheer every time pac throws punches. he won't land shit but they'll cheer anyway. jmm will land all the telling blows. in the end everyone will be very disappointed. pac fans will think he won....jmm fans will think he won...arum will give us his usual spiel..."it was a close fight...yada, yada, yada." hbo's jim lampley and larry merchant will go on about how powerful manny is and how amazing his footwork will be. they'll have him winning along with lederman and unfortunately the late great emmanuel steward will not be there to attempt to balance things out and give us his classic "this went exactly as i thought it would go." instead we will have kellerman doing his watered down impression of larry merchant with dramatic pauses and everything.

pac will thank god, the peeepo ub da pilippines...kellerman will mention mayweather again and pac will give us the usual song and dance. if we're lucky, while kellerman is interviewing jmm post fight....marquez will break into a long over due "fuck pacquiao, fuck bob arum, fuck jim lampley you cheerleading piece of shit!, fuck larry merchant! you don't know shit about boxing, fuck hbo...i know i won, the fans know i won! u muthafuckas are full of shit and you can kiss my ass!" in perfect english and will slam the mic to the canvas before leaving the ring. laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 15 2012, 02:52 PM) *
my official prediction:

as usual...the fans will cheer every time pac throws punches. he won't land shit but they'll cheer anyway. jmm will land all the telling blows. in the end everyone will be very disappointed. pac fans will think he won....jmm fans will think he won...arum will give us his usual spiel..."it was a close fight...yada, yada, yada." hbo's jim lampley and larry merchant will go on about how powerful manny is and how amazing his footwork will be. they'll have him winning along with lederman and unfortunately the late great emmanuel steward will not be there to attempt to balance things out and give us his classic "this went exactly as i thought it would go." instead we will have kellerman doing his watered down impression of larry merchant with dramatic pauses and everything.

pac will thank god, the peeepo ub da pilippines...kellerman will mention mayweather again and pac will give us the usual song and dance. if we're lucky, while kellerman is interviewing jmm post fight....marquez will break into a long over due "fuck pacquiao, fuck bob arum, fuck jim lampley you cheerleading piece of shit!, fuck larry merchant! you don't know shit about boxing, fuck hbo...i know i won, the fans know i won! u muthafuckas are full of shit and you can kiss my ass!" in perfect english and will slam the mic to the canvas before leaving the ring. laugh.gif

Great insight from our "Professor!" I still think Marquez will win, but might be going more with sentiment than the last fights. For the record, I had Manny winning the first fight, and Juan the second and third matches. All close. I think I had the first fight the widest for Manny something like 3-4 points, where the others were 1-3 points for Juan, because that HUGE 10-6 first round, was too hard to overcome for Marquez. And if Bert Clements hadn't mistakenly thought that "Nevada does not like 10-6 rounds," he would have scored that first round 10-6 as he should have, and Marquez could have won.

Professor's prediction is great! There and you don't have to pay $54.95 or whatever to find out!

Jack
Genius
Will end in a draw.
checkleft
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 19 2012, 01:23 AM) *
Will end in a draw.

If that happens the judges will be shot lol.
mgrover
i think the world would call for a rematch if pac KOs Marquez, i dont think he can though mainly because pac doesnt have that type of power and marquez has one hell of a chin
The Original MrFactor
Marquez fails a drug test. Pacquiao agrees to fight anyway and gets stopped in the 9th round.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 15 2012, 03:52 PM) *
my official prediction:

About Emmanuel, do you think his replacement, Roy Jones Jr will be there?? He has a nak for telling it how it is so I'm wondering if they would let him be on the telecast at all.. I would love to heat his commentator on a pacquiao fight, especially one where he is not looking very special.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2012, 01:27 PM) *
About Emmanuel, do you think his replacement, Roy Jones Jr will be there?? He has a nak for telling it how it is so I'm wondering if they would let him be on the telecast at all.. I would love to heat his commentator on a pacquiao fight, especially one where he is not looking very special.

i hope so!!! it would be a great way to finally set the record straight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 15 2012, 06:45 PM) *
Great insight from our "Professor!" I still think Marquez will win, but might be going more with sentiment than the last fights. For the record, I had Manny winning the first fight, and Juan the second and third matches. All close. I think I had the first fight the widest for Manny something like 3-4 points, where the others were 1-3 points for Juan, because that HUGE 10-6 first round, was too hard to overcome for Marquez. And if Bert Clements hadn't mistakenly thought that "Nevada does not like 10-6 rounds," he would have scored that first round 10-6 as he should have, and Marquez could have won.

Professor's prediction is great! There and you don't have to pay $54.95 or whatever to find out!

Jack

laugh.gif

thanks!

i'm actually revising my prediction. if what freddie is saying is true...and they plan on being more aggressive, i think that spells doom for pac. he isn't as young or as fast as he used to be. look for marquez to counter him more effectively this time around. i'm still keeping my 54.95! laugh.gif
checkleft
Marquez looks freaking huge, and I'm pretty sure its not from drinking piss..
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 22 2012, 03:47 AM) *
Marquez looks freaking huge, and I'm pretty sure its not from drinking piss..

could be the quail eggs and tossing rocks off the side of a mountain. laugh.gif
Jack 1000
I just think,

That Manny might not be into the sport like he used to and may be more interested in being a Congressmen. He's slowing down. I think the Tim Bradley robbery could have taken something out of Manny. Marquez looks RIPPED! But I just think that this is still the same type of fighter who will produce the same kind of fight as the first three close matches. Marquez will always do enough to make it close, but not enough to dominate. This is going to be another 114-114 to 115-113 fight either way. How could it not be?

Will the sentiment of Manny not getting the decision against Bradley influence the judges in close rounds? Will Bob Arum and the marketability of Pacquiao to HBO influence the judges in close rounds? What's sad is that another close Pacquiao win, perhaps controversial will set the stage for them to keep doing this over and over again. Both of these guys are getting old. I think that if Pacquiao scores a knockdown he might get the decision no matter what. I will still take Marquez by SD, but this fight is too close on paper to bet.

If Marquez doesn't get the call this time, he'll just say "fuck it" and retire for good.

Jack
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 23 2012, 02:32 PM) *
could be the quail eggs and tossing rocks off the side of a mountain. laugh.gif

I heard those quail eggs are great, I didn't mean to insinuating anything lol. I heard his new trainer/conditioning guy/ dietician has an awesome reputation.
daprofessor
i got the strangest feeling that jmm is going to seriously beat pac this time around. he may even drop him a few times.
checkleft
Talk about the pot calling the tea kettle black! Haha

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-if-marque...-his-ass--59816

daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 27 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Talk about the pot calling the tea kettle black! Haha

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-if-marque...-his-ass--59816

laugh.gif what a shame...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.