Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FIGHTHYPE UK:Weekend in Boxing;Gavin wins British Title-RBR;Callum Smith w/Matchroom; Khan/Molina Presser Quotes;G.Rees v.J.Murray 8thDec
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
FIGHTHYPE UK ARTICLES:
uk.fighthype.com

WEEKEND IN BOXING 3 & 4 NOV.: BUTE/GRACHEV; PRIZEFIGHTER LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHTS MCEWAN/EKUNDAYO, CARSLAW/TOMS, VAUGHAN/CARRUTHERS; MANSOURI/VALENTINE; HUCK/ARSLAN; F. GUERRERO/CANDELO; LOVE/SELDERS; GOMEZ/LEYVA; KAVANAGH/VALADEZ
The Weekend in Boxing

FRANKIE GAVIN WINS BRITISH TITLE
Frankie Gavin vs. Junior Witter - Round by Round

Callum Smith confirms Matchroom Sport move
Callum Smith with Matchroom and on the Froch undercard.

KHAN VS. MOLINA LOS ANGELES PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
Quotes from the Amir Khan/ Carlos Molina press conference

HATTON PROMOTIONS BRANCH INTO FAR EAST
Hatton Promotions Launches Hattton Promotions Asia Pacific

Its on! Rees vs. Murray set for December 8 show
Gavin Rees vs. John Murray on 8th December

CLEVERLY BACKS FLINTOFF
Nathan Cleverly backs formerEnglish cricket captain, Freddie Flintoff on new pro-boxing career.

BOXING VS. BRAWLING SAME DIFFERENCE?
Are boxing and brawling effectively the same when it comes to winning?
Cheesey1
Big surprise in Prizefighter-Light Middleweights as Craig McEwan eliminated in the quarterfinals.

Larry Ekundayo vs. Kris Carslaw on now.
Cheesey1
Marco Huck vs. Firat Arslan is close. I'm surprised by the stamina of Arslan. If Huck had gone to the body more it would've been a different story. Rd.11.

The Lucian Bute bill's started on Wealth TV.
Cheesey1
This Bute undercard isn't bad at all. Nice job by Interbox.
Cshel86
Guerrero looks to be outworking Gauithier (sp)....

...and he finished him in the 8th. Solid fight.

I was cooking, so I missed bits and pieces of it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Guerrero looks to be outworking Gauithier (sp)....

...and he finished him in the 8th. Solid fight.

I was cooking, so I missed bits and pieces of it.

Definitely a solid fight.
Cheesey1
I'm looking forward to seeing how Bute looks against Grachev. Bute can definitely outbox him but Grachev is a tough cookie.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 3 2012, 09:33 PM) *
I'm looking forward to seeing how Bute looks against Grachev. Bute can definitely outbox him but Grachev is a tough cookie.

A tough cookie he is. He took a lot of big shots in his last outing, and managed to get the late stoppage. I remember Teddy Atlas losing his shit during that stoppage. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Shit! Nasty uppercut! Ugly!
Cheesey1
Damn, one punch K.O. by Zewski! Uppercut square on the nose, upper lip. Ouch.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 3 2012, 09:40 PM) *
Damn, one punch K.O. by Zewski! Uppercut square on the nose, upper lip. Ouch.

That shit makes my nose hurt right now, lol. Why does Zewski look like Felix Sturm? Weird
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 09:40 PM) *
That shit makes my nose hurt right now, lol. Why does Zewski look like Felix Sturm? Weird

Now that you mention it, he does.
Cshel86
I thought Allen Green was dead...

Oh wait, it was his career that died...my bad. Sorry folks, you can move on. Pardon my interruption.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 09:52 PM) *
I thought Allen Green was dead...

Oh wait, it was his career that died...my bad. Sorry folks, you can move on. Pardon my interruption.

Yup. Officially just an opponent now.

Although, Green has the size advantage here.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 3 2012, 09:54 PM) *
Yup. Officially just an opponent now.

Dude had so much potential. I remember him knocking guys out left & right on FNF once upon a time ago.
Cshel86
Guess I'll go hop in the shower, since there are no socks to sort. I'll be back to the main event...cant watch Green at this level anymore.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 10:01 PM) *
Guess I'll go hop in the shower, since there are no socks to sort. I'll be back to the main event...cant watch Green at this level anymore.

If he loses this one, then he should retire. Hopefully his funds are sorted. Another reason boxers need a union, for the pension.
Cheesey1
Green's back in it by boxing.
Cheesey1
Green can win this one. It's still up in the air, but if he keeps sticking that jab and picking his moments to hurt St. Juste then who knows...
Cheesey1
St. Juste's face is definitely messed up by Green's revamped attack. Green might even stop St. Juste.
Cheesey1
Yup, St. Juste throws in the towel. He had some success, but Green started to dominate with the jab and used his size wisely. Green probably doesn't have what it takes to compete on the elite level, but nice victory for him today.
Cshel86
Gotta love Fury's rant from a few weeks ago! That hat cocked to the side, just adds comedy to it!

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Gotta love Fury's rant from a few weeks ago! That hat cocked to the side, just adds comedy to it!

Definitely.
Fury's a rudie. Not sure if you knew, but his lineage is what they call Gypsies (I think the proper name is Romanies).
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 3 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Definitely.
Fury's a rudie. Not sure if you knew, but his lineage is what they call Gypsies (I think the proper name is Romanies).

LOL

I still think Bute has a head like one of those avatars on the Wii game system. That shit a big ass block, and he has the avatar facial expression to go along with it. Lol
Cshel86
Bute's already cut...may have been from that clash of heads. He also has a cut on the bridge of his nose.

Good first round...gave it Bute, though not much happened.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 10:49 PM) *
Bute's already cut...may have been from that clash of heads. He also has a cut on the bridge of his nose.

Good first round...gave it Bute, though not much happened.

Yup. If Bute doesn't make any stupid mistakes he should win this one.
Cshel86
Good 2nd round for Bute...he's dialing in those left hands.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 10:45 PM) *
LOL

I still think Bute has a head like one of those avatars on the Wii game system. That shit a big ass block, and he has the avatar facial expression to go along with it. Lol

Ha! Wii Box on Wealth TV.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 3 2012, 10:53 PM) *
Ha! Wii Box on Wealth TV.

LOL

He's leaving his head out there too long and he's reaching...Bute will capitalize on that if he keeps it up.

Have Bute winning all 3 rounds so far.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 10:57 PM) *
LOL

He's leaving his head out there too long and he's reaching...Bute will capitalize on that if he keeps it up.

Have Bute winning all 3 rounds so far.

Same here. Grachev was better in the fourth, but Bute still won it.
Cshel86
G-man landed a few big shots in the 4th, and one would give him the 4th as a comparative round...if he keeps getting hit by Bute for the remainder of the fight. Im also not liking how he backs out of exchanges with his head up and hands down...danger.
Cshel86
Good 5th round for the G-man (Grachev). Dude had Bute in a bit in a bit of trouble.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Good 5th round for the G-man (Grachev). Dude had Bute in a bit in a bit of trouble.

That's the only round that I've given to Grachev so far.
Cheesey1
I was surprised when I saw that Bute agreed to fight this guy at light heavyweight (apparently at 171, not 175). Grachev might have won 6 as well. I scored 7 a draw.
Cshel86
Gave the 7th round to the G-man. Bute seems to either be confused or trying to get himself together. Not looking all that great. He's landing solid shots, but no bad response from the G-man.
Cshel86
I gave the 8th to the G-man, but Bute may have stole it in the last 20 seconds. I dont give a fuck, I'll give it to Grachev. I dont like how Grachev is willingly keeping his head out there. Bute does NOT look good, so even if he wins by KO, his overall performance isn't that great.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Gave the 7th round to the G-man. Bute seems to either be confused or trying to get himself together. Not looking all that great. He's landing solid shots, but no bad response from the G-man.

He might be doubting himself a bit, but Grachev is a hard headed ox.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:19 PM) *
He might be doubting himself a bit, but Grachev is a hard headed ox.

I gave the 9th to the G-man as well. Did you? I wish he threw with more confidence though.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:22 PM) *
I gave the 9th to the G-man as well. Did you? I wish he threw with more confidence though.

Yeah. So far I've got Grachev winning 5,6 and 9 and they drew the 9th.

Re. the confidence, I guess that beatdown he suffered at the hands of Froch did a number on his confidence.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:23 PM) *
Yeah. So far I've got Grachev winning 5,6 and 9 and they drew the 9th.

No 7th and 8th round?!

Did you give Grachev winning the 10th?

I think Bute may have an injury...maybe being the operative here.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:27 PM) *
No 7th and 8th round?!

Did you give Grachev winning the 10th?

I think Bute may have an injury...maybe being the operative here.

Definitely not the 8th, maybe the 7th. If I was a judge, and was under the gun then maybe the 7th as a draw but my immediate reaction was a very close 10-9 round for Bute.

Maybe it's the style, but to me if Grachev doesn't visibly hurt Bute then I can't score the round for him as he isn't accurate enough. Not all of his punches are connecting.
Cshel86
I missed the 11th because my stream stopped, but I gave Bute the 12th, hands down.

Pretty close fight, if you ask me.

It was damn near even for me.
Cheesey1
Nice victory for Bute. His confidence was clearly still a bit injured, but overall not bad. Not sure if he can beat Froch though.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:35 PM) *
I missed the 11th because my stream stopped, but I gave Bute the 12th, hands down.

Pretty close fight, if you ask me.

It was damn near even for me.

Did you see the scores? I can understand the 116-112, even the 115-113. The 118-110 was too generous.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:39 PM) *
Did you see the scores? I can understand the 116-112, even the 115-113. The 118-110 was too generous.

Agreed on the 118 - 110. I can tell when a fighter is uncomfortable, and Bute was too uncomfortable to have won it at a 118 - 100 pace. G-man wasn't all that bad when it came to keeping the pressure on Bute, he just didn't throw with confidence most of the time.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Agreed on the 118 - 110. I can tell when a fighter is uncomfortable, and Bute was too uncomfortable to have won it at a 118 - 100 pace. G-man wasn't all that bad when it came to keeping the pressure on Bute, he just didn't throw with confidence most of the time.

Oh I thought that you were referring to Bute not being confident. IMO Grachev felt Bute's punches, he's just a tough sumnabitch.
Cheesey1
Paulie 'Gift of the Gab' Malignaggi's commentating on the GBP bill on Fox Deportes/FSN. I missed the J'Leon Love match. Damn it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.