Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FIGHTHYPE UK:On Nathan Cleverly.David Haye.Freddie Flintoff;Weekend in Boxing;Billy Dibb interview;AMtoPM-Garcia/Judah,Froch ready for Mack
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
FIGHT HYPE UK'S articles:
uk.fighthype.com

WEEKEND IN BOXING 9 & 10 NOV.:LARA/MATIROSYAN; MARES/MORENO; KLITSHCKO/WACH; CLEVERLY/HAWK; DONNELLY/BUTLER; MCKENZIE/MACCARANELLI; RUSSELL JR./CASTANEDA; GAUSHA/CAPLINGER; WARREN/RIVERA; SANTA CRUZ/ZALETA; TAGOE/TASHIE; COMMEY/QUARTEY; DONNELLY/BUTLER; SMITH/MCMILLAN; SMITH/TOLAN; ANGULO/CASAREZ; MCHUNU/VENTER; OOSTHUIZEN/ZUNIGA; GARCIA/BARROS; HELENIUS/WILLIAMS
The Weekend in Boxing - Updated

On Nathan Cleverly: David Haye In The Jungle; Freddie Flintoff
On Nathan Cleverly & more

AM TO PM: FROCH READY FOR MACK; MARTIN MURRAY TO FIGHT FOR WBA INTERIM BELT; GARCIA-JUDAH FINALISED; MORENO CONFIDENT OF BEATING MARES.
AM to PM

BILLY DIB: “I’M A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BEAST…ALL I NEED IS THE OPPORTUNITY”
Billy Dibb interview

AM TO PM: FRESH SENTENCE FOR HARRISON; BELLEW EYES DAWSON; ARCE AND TROUT CONFIDENT; PASCAL BACK IN DECEMBER
AM to PM

WEEKEND ROUND UP-RESULTS 3 NOV.: BUTE; PRIZEFIGHTER LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHTS – EKUNDAYO; HUCK; F. GUERRERO; LOVE; GOMEZ; KAVANAGH
The Weekend Round Up

MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS AS BUTE DEFEATS GRACHEV
Bute vs. Grachev - in depth review.

November 5th, 2012 | by Billy Ferguson
AM TO PM: CLEVERLY’S OPPONENT; KHAN TO STAY AT 140; DIRRELL COULD FIGHT IN UK; FROCH AND BUTE BOTH EAGER FOR REMATCH.
AM to PM - Khan to stay at 140 for Garcia rematch, Andre Dirrell in the U.K?
Cshel86
Guess I'm the only one checking in for the ShoBox card. dntknw.gif
Cshel86
Warren is already going for the kill...nice body work.

Warren throws his stuff, and tends to wait...not knowing that his opponent is ready to throw bad as quick. Not a bad first round for him though.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:01 PM) *
Guess I'm the only one checking in for the ShoBox card. dntknw.gif

Never. I was just updating 'Weekend in Boxing.' Very busy day for me today and was behind on everything.

Rd. 1 -Warren looking composed.

Sidebar - Ovil McKenzie vs. Enzo Maccarinelli. I can understand why the ref. stopped it. Maccaranelli's suffered some horrible stoppages and wasn't returning any of the punches. He didn't seem out on his feet, but nothing's wrong with safety.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Warren is already going for the kill...nice body work.

Yup. Controlled the first round.

Warren looking quality over Rivera. My only criticism is Warren's hands seem a tad bit low, but he's fast.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Never. I was just updating 'Weekend in Boxing.' Very busy day for me today and was behind on everything.

I'm always behind on everything too...maybe because I never finish things. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:18 PM) *
I'm always behind on everything too...maybe because I never finish things. Lol

Ha! So far, Warren looking as he should.

For this level of competition, no problem. Obviously Warren can still improve.
Cshel86
Damn...those body shots from Warren, stuck to Rivera's ribs like grandma's grits on a Sunday morning.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:24 PM) *
Damn...those body shots stuck to Rivera's ribs like grits on a Sunday morning.

Very good sign. If he keeps that mentality, then Warren could become something notable. I liked that big right he just threw and moved as soon as it landed.
Cheesey1
Haha, those hands are back up now Rau'Shee. D matters young man.

My fault, he just lost his balance.
Cshel86
Am I the only one that saw Warrne get buckled in those last 20 seconds?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:28 PM) *
Am I the only one that saw Warrne get buckled in those last 20 seconds?

Nah, he slipped. He threw a looping right that completely missed and his midget body couldn't handle the momentum.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:32 PM) *
Nah, he slipped. He threw a looping right that completely missed and his midget body couldn't handle the momentum.

Nah, I was talking about the exchange in the closing 20 seconds of the 4th round. That knockdown was bogus though, lol.
Cshel86
Who is this cat with mayonnaise-jar body?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:38 PM) *

Nice first round stoppage by Breazeale. Obviously a safe opponent, but a convincing beat down.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:38 PM) *

You mean the winner or the beaten down loser? The winner's got some expectations around him. Still early but he seems to be on the right path.

Jab and power punch. Good starting point.
Cheesey1
What's even cooler about tonight is that I remember watching these guys a few months ago at the Olympics (on TV of course).

Marcus Browne vs. Codale Ford.
Cheesey1
Man, all of these four rounders. FNF, eat your heart out!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:52 PM) *
Man, all of these four rounders. FNF, eat your heart out!!!

laugh.gif

Forgot how much you love 4 rounders.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:54 PM) *
laugh.gif

Forgot how much you love 4 rounders.

You know this. Quality prospects, with an amateur pedigree. Man, you can't beat that with a baseball bat! Browne's looking solid too. D's a bit dodgy, but that's to be expected with young boxers.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:57 PM) *
You know this. Quality prospects, with an amateur pedigree. Man, you can't beat that with a baseball bat! Browne's looking solid too. D's a bit dodgy, but that's to be expected with young boxers.

Brown has been taking those body shots, but I dont know how long he can go.

Nevermind...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:58 PM) *

Nevermind...

Impressed by the body punching. Bodes well for the future.
Cheesey1
Next up is Errol Spence Jr. If I'm not mistaken he did relatively better than the other American Olympians.

His father's Jamaican (mother too?) and Jamaica's produced a lot of solid boxers (Lennox Lewis, Glenn Johnson, Razor Ruddock etc.). Historically that country's had a great boxing culture.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 9 2012, 11:04 PM) *
Next up is Errol Spence Jr. If I'm not mistaken he did relatively better than the other American Olympians.

Yes he did. I think I remember him having a few mental lapses during those Olympic fights, but I cant remember.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Yes he did. I think I remember him having a few mental lapses during those Olympic fights, but I cant remember.

Hopefully he doesn't have any tonight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 9 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Hopefully he doesn't have any tonight.

This bout could be interesting. Garcia aint in there to lay down...dude is throwing some punches.
Cheesey1
After a bit of a cautious start, Spence showed off some proper accuracy and good punch output. Not bad by Garcia, but better by Spence.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 11:11 PM) *
This bout could be interesting. Garcia aint in there to lay down...dude is throwing some punches.

True. Spence's accuracy will start paying off.
Cshel86
That was a good round for both guys, Spence just loosened up and let his hands go.

Oh yeah...why does Spence look like Floyd's oldest daughter. #WeirdStuff
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 11:13 PM) *
That was a good round for both guys, Spence just loosened up and let his hands go.

Oh yeah...why does Spence look like Floyd's oldest daughter. #WeirdStuff

Ha!

I thought that Garcia's punches had very little effect. He held his own in the first but Spence's accurate and powerful enough punches are digging Garcia's grave. Nice body punches from the Olympian too.
Cshel86
Damn, he finally went down...why did it take this long?

That medulla of his, bought him some extra time. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Referee stops it in the third. Controlled, intelligent boxing from Errol Spence Jr. The sweet science in effect.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Damn, he finally went down...why did it take this long?

That medulla of his, bought him some extra time. laugh.gif

Ha! He's going to feel like shit tonight, tomorrow and probably for a few days.
Cshel86
Damn I didn't know Arnet had a rough patch tonight. Glad he pulled through it. #CoolStory
Cheesey1
Gausha vs. Caplinger.

Caplinger looks shook.

Ha! What is Caplinger doing? He should stick to MMA.
Cheesey1
When Caplinger isn't wrasslin' with Gausha, Gausha can connect the right hooks and body punches.

Another stoppage for an Olympian.
Cshel86
Nice finish for the G-man.

PS: I'm calling every fighter that last name starts with a "G", G-man....until further notice.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 10:58 PM) *

Nevermind...

You meant Ford's been taking the body shot's, no?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2012, 11:38 PM) *
Nice finish for the G-man.

PS: I'm calling every fighter that last name starts with a "G", G-man....until further notice.

Imagine if you were in Mexico, or Puerto Rico. Garcia...
Cheesey1
Gary Russell Jr. vs. Roberto Castaneda. Rd.1.

Sweet counter right by Russell Jr.

Rd.2-Better by Castaneda, but Russell Jr. with the better, more accurate, cleaner punches.
Cshel86
Jesus...Russell's hands are so freakin' quick.
Cshel86
Aaaaand....that's a night for Russell. Damn that dude has nasty power...Castaneda (sp) will have nightmares about that shot.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 10 2012, 12:03 AM) *
Aaaaand....that's a night for Russell. Damn that dude has nasty power...Castaneda (sp) will have nightmares about that shot.

Definitely. Out cold!
Cheesey1
Boxers, hands down are the best commentators. Raul Marquez another worthy addition to that list.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 10 2012, 12:04 AM) *
Definitely. Out cold!

Dude folded like a decepticon
Cheesey1
Tomorrow's a big day. BoxNation got 'the Weekend in Boxing' off to a nice start and ShoBox and the American Olympians delivered. Gary Russell Jr. Very nice, who's next?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 10 2012, 12:07 AM) *
Dude folded like a decepticon

The left to the body and the right to the chin.

Time for me to fall out like Castaneda. Peace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.